X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnn

mexico.

Comment

Massive sigh of relief from draw no bet backers on ipb drive on for the win now to keep everyone happy.

Comment

they're not blowing them horns as enthusiastically now are they ? one more to shut them up please.

Comment

Friday afternoon waffle for the amusement of Rounders and others, and to help those in search of a towel…..

Okay so I cycle into work most days and shower and shave at the office (by the way I’m becoming one of those guys who have an evening shadow by 2pm in the day!! I’m going to have to start shaving at lunch time for afternoon meetings!!!! Seriously scary). This used to be fine except during the summer months when the shower facilities are very busy and the powers that be have decided that allowing people to dry off their towels in the shower room is messy and makes the place look untidy (they are right of course but that’s not the point). This has resulted in an outright ban on anyone leaving their gear in the shower facilities.

As a result my wet towel is being shoved into the bottom of my sports bag every day and by the end of the day has a nice and pongy smell and is pretty unpleasant for use the following day even if I think to dry it somewhat overnight when I get home. This means that I’m using 5 clean towels every work week and another towel at the weekend and as you can imagine the resultant washing/drying cycle is a drain on my towel supply and is an overall pain in the ass. That combined with my fussiness about my towels has lead me on a search for some new towels….

You see I don’t like towels that are too fluffy and girly and I don’t like towels that just move the water around my body but don’t dry me. Plus I’m a big guy so I need a decent sized towel but I don’t want something that is too heavy….I was of course very conscious that this search for a towel and my pickiness in relation to same was very reminiscent of the discussion in the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy but damn it we all know Douglas Adam’s was on to something with that one….

I decided the internet was the way to go. So I Googled various key words. Sports towel, review, good, quality, light etc. and various combinations thereof. I read reviews and try to avoid the spam ads that bombard me.

Finally after a bit of iphone browsing research I hit on some towels that appeared technically impressive and the reviews were generally good but it was hard to tell if everyone online was reviewing the same towel.

Could this be it I asked myself?

http://www.lifeventure.co.uk/htm/washgear/index.html

In fact the towels seemed to be perfect but buying a towel over the internet is tough. If the towel “felt” crap then this would be useless for me. Plus you can buy a normal cheap towels from €6 upwards ffs. One thing I need to say about me by way of background is that I have no problem paying large amounts of money for stuff, in fact I often buy the best stuff in a particular range BUT I hate overpaying and I hate getting the wrong thing even if it was a so called bargain because then it’s a total waste in my eyes….I see a lot people in the poker world have a similar trait so I know you’ll understand.

I needed to be sure. Off I went to the Great outdoors store who are listed on the manufacturers site as being a stockist of said towels. They have a great selection and the lady in the store insisted on talking me through the different sizes and the minute differences between a micro fibre towel and a soft towel. This turned out to be very useful as the soft towel would have been the wrong option for me (it was made from the sort of material that dries really quickly but sticks to you like cling film) and the extra large towel is the right size for me. Skinny fucks would easily get away with the large size but let’s face it - my butt looks big in everything!

Bingo I say but then I look at the price. €30! I know in my soul I can beat that online. Tbh if this towel proves to be a winner I’ll probably buy 3 or 4. Other towels seem shit in comparison now. Should I leave the shop and browse and order online and wait for my towel to arrive???? What about delivery costs to Ireland – will they offset the gain? This is the problem with real world shopping. Everytime I see something I like, my mind is engaged in a debate between instant gratification and online saving….

G’ah. I ploughed ahead and bought one towel for €30 and leave the shop feeling like a live cash player who has had a winning night. Sure I’ve done well but you know if you were really a winning player you’d have been pounding it out online and winning a lot more…..

Fortunately for all you punks I’ve gone away and done some research online. This would appear to be the retailer offering the best price with free delivery. I’ve ordered another one and if that arrives successfully I’ll see about a few more…

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Li...el/5360023561/

So if you’re looking for a towel I hope I’ve been of help to you. If you are amused by my anal ways I hope you have a good weekend.

P.S. These guys do a great line in cycle bags ( I bought one from a bricks and mortar shop in order to get it on the cycle to work scheme with a tax saving otherwise online would have been ~35% cheaper). I recommend it for those with a netbook who are looking for a good secure cycling option…..

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Kn...60050774/#more
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

That was the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Is that constant buzzing noise those vuzevelas things?
                yes apartheid was terrible but ya can guarantee them nosit fcuking things would not have been tolerated back in the day

Comment

Get in there,220 profit from 1st game.Will be putting nice bet on France draw later also

Comment

Genuinely surprised SA didn't win that.

Comment

Nice sweat. Mexico were so the value in that one.

That's football

Comment

i learned a good lesson today,never ever ever put a months mortgage on a footie match.

Comment

Woulda been a disaster of a day if Mexico hadn't equalised! Now its bad, but not too bad!
                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Any chance we can implement some kind of aftertiming ban for the next month?

Comment

dunphy to giles " even you couldn't trap a beach ball baby" haha

Comment

ahaha, people actually ring RTE to complain about the vuvuzelas? man I hate the general public.
                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                    in case anyones on a sky HD+ box,

ITV 1 HD 10.832 H 22000 5/6

couldnt find those figures for a while, tunes in itv HD in other channels.
                                    This doesnt work for me

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                      Forever imo. Always after-timing on the general gambling forum too!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                        Friday afternoon waffle for the amusement of Rounders and others, and to help those in search of a towel…..

Okay so I cycle into work most days and shower and shave at the office (by the way I’m becoming one of those guys who have an evening shadow by 2pm in the day!! I’m going to have to start shaving at lunch time for afternoon meetings!!!! Seriously scary). This used to be fine except during the summer months when the shower facilities are very busy and the powers that be have decided that allowing people to dry off their towels in the shower room is messy and makes the place look untidy (they are right of course but that’s not the point). This has resulted in an outright ban on anyone leaving their gear in the shower facilities.

As a result my wet towel is being shoved into the bottom of my sports bag every day and by the end of the day has a nice and pongy smell and is pretty unpleasant for use the following day even if I think to dry it somewhat overnight when I get home. This means that I’m using 5 clean towels every work week and another towel at the weekend and as you can imagine the resultant washing/drying cycle is a drain on my towel supply and is an overall pain in the ass. That combined with my fussiness about my towels has lead me on a search for some new towels….

You see I don’t like towels that are too fluffy and girly and I don’t like towels that just move the water around my body but don’t dry me. Plus I’m a big guy so I need a decent sized towel but I don’t want something that is too heavy….I was of course very conscious that this search for a towel and my pickiness in relation to same was very reminiscent of the discussion in the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy but damn it we all know Douglas Adam’s was on to something with that one….

I decided the internet was the way to go. So I Googled various key words. Sports towel, review, good, quality, light etc. and various combinations thereof. I read reviews and try to avoid the spam ads that bombard me.

Finally after a bit of iphone browsing research I hit on some towels that appeared technically impressive and the reviews were generally good but it was hard to tell if everyone online was reviewing the same towel.

Could this be it I asked myself?

http://www.lifeventure.co.uk/htm/washgear/index.html

In fact the towels seemed to be perfect but buying a towel over the internet is tough. If the towel “felt” crap then this would be useless for me. Plus you can buy a normal cheap towels from €6 upwards ffs. One thing I need to say about me by way of background is that I have no problem paying large amounts of money for stuff, in fact I often buy the best stuff in a particular range BUT I hate overpaying and I hate getting the wrong thing even if it was a so called bargain because then it’s a total waste in my eyes….I see a lot people in the poker world have a similar trait so I know you’ll understand.

I needed to be sure. Off I went to the Great outdoors store who are listed on the manufacturers site as being a stockist of said towels. They have a great selection and the lady in the store insisted on talking me through the different sizes and the minute differences between a micro fibre towel and a soft towel. This turned out to be very useful as the soft towel would have been the wrong option for me (it was made from the sort of material that dries really quickly but sticks to you like cling film) and the extra large towel is the right size for me. Skinny fucks would easily get away with the large size but let’s face it - my butt looks big in everything!

Bingo I say but then I look at the price. €30! I know in my soul I can beat that online. Tbh if this towel proves to be a winner I’ll probably buy 3 or 4. Other towels seem shit in comparison now. Should I leave the shop and browse and order online and wait for my towel to arrive???? What about delivery costs to Ireland – will they offset the gain? This is the problem with real world shopping. Everytime I see something I like, my mind is engaged in a debate between instant gratification and online saving….

G’ah. I ploughed ahead and bought one towel for €30 and leave the shop feeling like a live cash player who has had a winning night. Sure I’ve done well but you know if you were really a winning player you’d have been pounding it out online and winning a lot more…..

Fortunately for all you punks I’ve gone away and done some research online. This would appear to be the retailer offering the best price with free delivery. I’ve ordered another one and if that arrives successfully I’ll see about a few more…

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Li...el/5360023561/

So if you’re looking for a towel I hope I’ve been of help to you. If you are amused by my anal ways I hope you have a good weekend.

P.S. These guys do a great line in cycle bags ( I bought one from a bricks and mortar shop in order to get it on the cycle to work scheme with a tax saving otherwise online would have been ~35% cheaper). I recommend it for those with a netbook who are looking for a good secure cycling option…..

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Kn...60050774/#more
                                        mann that towel looks the business, who would have thought that there was so much to think about when choosing a towel. me.... an empty coal bag would do me to dry off as i barely whip the towel around when drying i am more of a drip dry guy.

i do agree with your theory about spending the money on something if its what you want then get it. no point in throwing money down the drain buying an inferior product and telling everyone about the great bargain you got and it only lasts a few weeks

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

God Damn Mexi-Can'ts
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

bleh, that's my wc betting over other than the stuff i have going for south korea.

Comment

Who was after timing? If you are talking bout me i posted i was backing the draw in this thread before the match

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                This doesnt work for me
                                                have you a HD box?
                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Can we ban silly bandwagon bets

Comment

Backed two draws today but I was still a bit annoyed SA didn't hang on there. Shabalala's goal would have been the greatest achievment by a South African man since Castor Semenye won gold at the olympics!
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                                                      Who was after timing? If you are talking bout me i posted i was backing the draw in this thread before the match

I saw your post early so I wasn't talking about you. I wasn't referring to anyone because no one has done it yet, it's just that there is a chance it will happen a lot if it is allowed and it wrecks my head.
                                                      Last edited by Teddie; 11-06-10, 16:34.

Comment

I saw your post early so I wasn't talking about you. I wasn't referring to anyone because no one has done it yet, it's just that there is a chance it will happen alot if it is aloud and it wrecks my head.
                                                        allowed

That really wrecks my head!

Comment

I saw your post early so I wasn't talking about you. I wasn't referring to anyone because no one has done it yet, it's just that there is a chance it will happen alot if it is aloud and it wrecks my head.
                                                          Rarely goes on here tbf

Comment

"playing in a world cup is magic, especially when you've no right to be there at all!" aha
                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                              allowed

Red writing and now fixing spelling mistakes. Kev will mod you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                Nice sweat. Mexico were so the value in that one.

That's football
                                                                Betting on soccer can be heart breaking all the pressure in the world and sometimes the ball will just not go in the net.
                                                                I rarely punt anymore on soccer if that was a rugby match with the possession and territory Mexico had they would have had a huge score wracked up from penaltys.

Of course hard to compare the the two sports but mexico were definitely the value and should have had the game wrapped up after 45minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                  allowed

Sorry.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                  Rarely goes on here tbf

I know, just hoping it doesn't creep in.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                    have you a HD box?
                                                                    No sry , just re - read your origonal post . I have Sky+ not HD

Comment

What is aftertiming?
                                                                      (Just wondering if i'm in favour of a ban or not)

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                        What is aftertiming?
                                                                        just had the house on Tshabalala to score first in the 55th minute, BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                          What is aftertiming?
                                                                          i say vote for a ban

we can allways allow it back after when we find out what it is

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                            Is that constant buzzing noise those vuzevelas things?
                                                                            no, thats your absinthe hangover from last night

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Pablo View Post
                                                                              Marquez is getting free at every set piece opportunity. Will take some of the 25/1 Powers are offering on him to open the scoring

Win
                                                                              Single: R Marquez @ 25/1
                                                                              1 line at €10.00 per line
                                                                              Total stake for this bet: €10.00
                                                                              Potential returns: €260.00
                                                                              UL
                                                                              You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

meh not a great start to my WC betting - down 4 points on the first game.

96 points left in the bank

2 points on the France Uruaguay draw

Comment

is it just me or is the BBC coverage of fans in Africa well racist?

picking up shouty types, half the time people who cannot even name the players getting them to scream at microphones, cut back to studio and lead with "ha the blacks ha, mad craic the Africans are ha"

Danny Baker says its nothing like you would believe from the coverage, most people quite sensible like any other tournament, just a few loons hanging around tv types looking to get on telly

come to think of it, its basically the same way they cover 90% of weird Irish stories as well, BastardsBastardsCunts!

Comment

Just got home and found out the score of the match, missed it all heard it was a good one. I wonder was the african horns at full blast?. I heard that they will be as rife as the African nations cup.
                                                                                    Good indepth towel talk Vendetta!. I cycle in myself these days, got my first puncture the other day and didnt fix it properly because i thought marking with chalk is for girls.
                                                                                    Talking about showers one of the girls came by the other morning and asked me to swipe her into the womens shower rooms as she hadnt got her swipe card with her. I went along and attempted to oblige her but my access card wasnt swiping her in because im sure Columbo whos an ex garda and head of security configured the system so that mens swipe cards wont open the womens changing rooms, very diligent in all fairness. Now im thinking has my failed access attempt been flagged on his system and now he thinks he has me in his sights shortlisted and earmarked as a prowler.

Comment

Jaysus there could be fireworks in the ww thread shortly after Ace's little comment in his last post there.
                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Have to go against France in this.

We all know about qualifying. Huge reported splits within the team, Sealed themselves off from all media, Domenech is mad and over the past couple of weeks he's been playing with a 4-3-3 formation that he had never employed before. They lost lost 1-0 to China in their last friendly and by all reports were awful. Uruguay have quality and lots of firepower in Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez.

This is a decent write up on the game. I really like the suggested bet of 1.6 on France not to keep a clean sheet.

Come on Uruguay

Opr

Comment

Small Excel question if anyone can help. Is there anyway to stop excel automatically filling in the date? For example I am trying to put in odds, 12/1, and it auto fixes it to 12-Jan once I click a different cell. Pretty irritating!

Comment

right click the cell. format cell

Change category to text

Comment

'AND ANOTHER!!'

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gHorOt6KKw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

how difficult would something like this be to do in excel (assuming i know very little about how to use it):

set of data, lets call it "a", i also have a name for each entry in the data as well.

then i've a series of samples that contain a result for each entry in "a" as well as other extra datapoints that i'm not interested in.

is it possible to set it up so that i get the results filtered so i just get the name for the points in "a" and the results for each one in table?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                  meh not a great start to my WC betting - down 4 points on the first game.

96 points left in the bank

2 points on the France Uruaguay draw
                                                                                                  8 points down the swanny for me on that game. That was meant to set me up

1 point on Forlan 2-1 and just for the craic 1 point on 3-3

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                    Have to go against France in this.

We all know about qualifying. Huge reported splits within the team, Sealed themselves off from all media, Domenech is mad and over the past couple of weeks he's been playing with a 4-3-3 formation that he had never employed before. They lost lost 1-0 to China in their last friendly and by all reports were awful. Uruguay have quality and lots of firepower in Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez.

This is a decent write up on the game. I really like the suggested bet of 1.6 on France not to keep a clean sheet.

Come on Uruguay

Opr
                                                                                                    I think its gonna be a high scoring game. I predict over 3.5 goals but I won't be having much on it.
                                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

BBC HD pulling out the epic shots already..
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                        I think its gonna be a high scoring game. I predict over 3.5 goals but I won't be having much on it.
                                                                                                        yeah I agree with this I stuck 1 point on the over 3.5 goals market

Comment

This match could have been us

bah.

Comment

Anyone near Pizza Hut might like this.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                how difficult would something like this be to do in excel (assuming i know very little about how to use it):

set of data, lets call it "a", i also have a name for each entry in the data as well.

then i've a series of samples that contain a result for each entry in "a" as well as other extra datapoints that i'm not interested in.

is it possible to set it up so that i get the results filtered so i just get the name for the points in "a" and the results for each one in table?
                                                                                                                i'm not 100% clear on what you're trying to do but it looks like you need to use the SUMIF function. it basically tells it to look at one cell or column, and if there's a particular value or test next to it, it will take that value and add it to a results cell. (clear as mud?)

Comment

yeah that sounds familiar alright, i remember looking at a spreadsheet that used them before actually. just gotta figure out how to use them now.

Comment

1st bet today, Lay France to back them when they concede early

Comment

really pleased now that i forked out the big bucks when i bought my 52" sony bravia

rte digital its like looking out the window and the world cup is taking place in the garden
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Angry-Ball; 11-06-10, 18:34.

Comment

where can i watch France game online? mums watching Coronation st on the big screen and lil bro is watching Handy Manny...FML
                                                                                                                        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

fucking ipoker and them reducing their guarentees!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X