This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
    I think when I go in tomorrow I'll tell them straight away there is no insurance and get the court date. I'll play as innocent as I can. Is there a good chance the car will be crushed?
    have u insurance on another car,if u have check and see if u have an open policy to drive other cars.

Comment

That's brilliant Bless You.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I think when I go in tomorrow I'll tell them straight away there is no insurance and get the court date. I'll play as innocent as I can. Is there a good chance the car will be crushed?
        Have a chat with a guard you know or who is a friend of the family. Off the record explain the situation as you did here and get their advice on how best to approach it now. You may have options that you don't know about. Talking to the family solicitor may help also.

Don't worry. Happens every day.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

@ Feetmagic - happened me a few months ago. Had no tax an no nct but the ar was insured. Car was took off me but i went the next day paid the fine and towed the car home as they said i couldnt drive it out of the station.

If you go collect it and pay the fine chances are they may not follow up on it if you fail to produce your details. Maybe i was just lucky but i have since got my shit sorted on the car anyway but i never produced anything to the guards.

If you do end up in court you'll get a few points maybe an endorsement and a nice fine. You wont get the joy just yet.

@ Bless you - Great news man....Onwards and upwars now
            "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

i doubt the car will be crushed

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

A Moro is a quite underrated chocolate bar imo.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                  War Hero in Big Brother. Got to have a huge chance surely.
                  lol@war hero.
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Thats great news Walter White er I mean Bless You

Delighted for you to get such great news.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-06-10, 20:46.

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                          i doubt the car will be crushed
                          It can be if you dont bother collecting it. €125 for first day and something like 50 a day after it. If you dont collect after a week or so theyll contact you looking for you to come in and talk. Theyll give you options and then you can decide what you want.
                          A guy i know had a 93 honda civic and it was impounded for two weeks an he owed something like 500. He went into the local station and he told them the car aint worth that much so keep it and then it was crushed after tht

Comment

a bit cheezy bless you, but this would be going through my head if I were you,

good health to you

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5HCDGJsvM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5HCDGJsvM[/ame]

Comment

[QUOTE=whyno;94998
                              A guy i know had a 93 honda civic and it was impounded for two weeks an he owed something like 500. He went into the local station and he told them the car aint worth that much so keep it and then it was crushed after tht [/QUOTE]

Did they still want payment for the 2 weeks storage, and the cost of disposal?
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafortezza View Post
                                A Moro is a quite underrated chocolate bar imo.
                                place in freezer for a few hours. Cut into .5 inch thick slices.

Serve as dessert

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                  Not sure of the general consensus about personal content on a public forum, so I'll spoiler this to be on the safe side. Suffice to say, I'm one very happy bunny at the minute.

SPOILER
                                  Home from a long afternoon appointment with the cancer doc in Drogheda and he's given me as close to an all clear as he's willing to commit to.
                                  The two nodules are still in the left lung but they haven't grown in the last three months and, as he says, lung cancer is not static so we would know by now.

They may still be an indicator to a slower moving cancer elsewhere so he won't take me off the high risk BUT he is confident about canceling the lobectomy (partial lung removal) AND he doesn't want to see me for another nine months!! Plus if all goes well then, it'll be two years before he wants to see me again. No more CT scans every four weeks and no more sleepless nights worrying.

Been labouring under this for the best part of 10 months so I'm giddy with excitement.
                                  Even seeing it now in print is making me want to yeehaw again.

Relief beyond belief, there aren't enough smilies in the world folks

Today was a good day.

great news, i don't know if that was public knowledge around here but i had no idea what you were going through. i was never in that situation so i can only imagine how you must feel.

really great news and iam delighted for you.
                                  the world is your oyster now mate

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    No, CLA, I should have said that they are caps rather than tabs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjugated_linoleic_acid

Apparently they have body fat burning properties but people have different opinions as to what extent they are useful. I was just wondering if you have heard anything about them.

Cheers
                                    I dont know enough about it to comment to be honest. Il try dig up a bit of research on it tomorrow and let you know then

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                      Did they still want payment for the 2 weeks storage, and the cost of disposal?
                                      He said he wasnt paying and they could keep it. He fecked off to england about 3 weeks after that so i cant really confirm whether they are still looking for the money. He'll never pay em anyway and would think hes a hero if he had to spend a week in wheatfield for not paying them

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                        War Hero in Big Brother. Got to have a huge chance surely.
                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                        ^^^^ not sure why dannydiamond was multi-quoted in that post (realise the vague irony of him being english)
                                        It'd be beyond vague for me, my comment wasn't remotely political.

Comment

Big trouble here, was driving around in a family car that is very rarely used. I used to be insured on the car but it ran out around 3 months ago. The tax on the car ran out around 6 months ago. Got pulled over and the guards seized the car. I've been ordered to pay 125euro tomorrow for the car's towing and have 10 days to produce insurance. All I could say to them was that the car hasn't been used in months and I naively thought it was still insured/taxed. What repercussions am I looking at here? Also, would there be any point purchasing insurance tomorrow or am I absolutely f**ked?
                                          tell em you were too strung out to notice.

Comment

@FeetMagic

i got stopped coming hpme from the fitz around a year ago from speeding, the gardai was a wanker and also i wasent really nice to him as it was late and i was tired etc, anyway he made me get out of the car and he searched it, asked me to produce insurance cert, nct cert etc within 10 days which i forgot to do, anyway i ended up in Richmond court facing 7 charges and my counsel said i was facing penalty points and a 1500-2k fine but the gardai never showed up which happens very often i am told, so dont worry ever if you go to court it will probaly be stuck out because the gardai on the scene is on holidays or whatnot

Comment

Could be an interesting thread:

Oil spill clean up Q & A

Comment

Christ I suck at poker.

You man is 38/16 over 38 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 33 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t1690)
                                                Button (t1465)
                                                SB (t1460)
                                                Hero (BB) (t1600)
                                                UTG (t1965)
                                                UTG+1 (t555)
                                                MP1 (t1080)
                                                MP2 (t2415)
                                                MP3 (t1270)

Hero's M: 21.33

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 6
                                                UTG bets t100, 1 fold, MP1 calls t100, 3 folds, Button calls t100, 1 fold, Hero calls t50

Flop: (t425) 3, A, 3 (4 players)
                                                Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets t250, 1 fold, Hero calls t250, 1 fold

Turn: (t925) 2 (2 players)
                                                Hero checks, MP1 bets t730 (All-In), Hero calls t730

River: (t2385) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t2385
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Joe Cole and Ballack set free, hmmm city and utd will be nosing around those two

Comment

playing a super sat on ppp down to the last 2 and jesues what a nitbox iam up against

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                      Christ I suck at poker.

You man is 38/16 over 38 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 33 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t1690)
                                                      Button (t1465)
                                                      SB (t1460)
                                                      Hero (BB) (t1600)
                                                      UTG (t1965)
                                                      UTG+1 (t555)
                                                      MP1 (t1080)
                                                      MP2 (t2415)
                                                      MP3 (t1270)

Hero's M: 21.33

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 6
                                                      UTG bets t100, 1 fold, MP1 calls t100, 3 folds, Button calls t100, 1 fold, Hero calls t50

Flop: (t425) 3, A, 3 (4 players)
                                                      Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets t250, 1 fold, Hero calls t250, 1 fold

Turn: (t925) 2 (2 players)
                                                      Hero checks, MP1 bets t730 (All-In), Hero calls t730

River: (t2385) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t2385
                                                      obviously you got beaten here
                                                      but could you please check the show results box before converting just so we can see how bad you really are

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                        Joe Cole and Ballack set free, hmmm city and utd will be nosing around those two
                                                        I wouldn't be surprised to see Cole heading to Liverpool, there's alot of variables with the manager situation obv, but even with the probable high salary, the lack of a transfer fee for a (IMO) quality player should suit Liverpool down to the ground at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                          I wouldn't be surprised to see Cole heading to Liverpool, there's alot of variables with the manager situation obv, but even with the probable high salary, the lack of a transfer fee for a (IMO) quality player should suit Liverpool down to the ground at the moment.
                                                          he won't do a harry kewell surely not,

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                            he won't do a harry kewell surely not,
                                                            He seems a competely different animal to that waster in fairness.

Comment

Tim Westwood might just be the biggest twat in the world, I find it difficult to believe he is a real person.

Comment

Woot..Garda caught the fucker who smashed into the back of us, gotta go down the station tomorrow.
                                                                He said " I was on Medication and i panicked" lol

Anyone know how long the PSN is down for?
                                                                Last edited by BrianByrne; 09-06-10, 22:13.
                                                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

tbh, I'd have little interest in Joe Cole as a Liverpool player for the wages he would demand considering he turned down an 80k per week offer at Chelsea allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                    place in freezer for a few hours. Cut into .5 inch thick slices.

Serve as dessert
                                                                    Are you mad, as i remember i always got the feeling a tooth would get lodged in the bar biting into one of those not to mind putting it into the fridge because this would only guarantee it happening.

On a more techincal front loose chocolate chippings are likely to slip off when bitten into like they would a flake but not as bad. So you wouldnt want to be sitting down wearing a good shirt eating a moro.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      tbh, I'd have little interest in Joe Cole as a Liverpool player for the wages he would demand considering he turned down an 80k per week offer at Chelsea allegedly.
                                                                      I'd like him tbh, he'd obv be looking for massive wages, but that would be offset by the lack of a transfer fee.

I guess a large part of why i'd like to see him in a Liverpool shirt is from what i've seen of him in interviews and what not.
                                                                      He seems to have a genuine hunger to play and do well. It may have all been for Capellos sake but he comes across as a lad who has something to prove,and we could do with a few players like that at the moment.

Moro bars are manky btw.
                                                                      Last edited by dannydiamond; 09-06-10, 22:24.

Comment

Danny and 5star, are you guys not interested in the draft thing? I had you two pegged as very likely to be in.
                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                          Tim Westwood might just be the biggest twat in the world, I find it difficult to believe he is a real person.
                                                                          absolute knob jockey. How many times has he been 'shot' now?

Comment

Yeah still running like this guy, ugh to poker

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Thanks very much to one and all.
                                                                              Thanks for music post too Solks, actually had a bit of a Jerry Maguire moment on the bus home because I couldn't find a song on the ipod that fit the moment

Anyways, really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                284ml is half a pint (uk)
                                                                                Give up the drink,Brendan.
                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

As if El Tren wasn't likeable enough already thus far, I've just realised his middle name is Torres!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                    Danny and 5star, are you guys not interested in the draft thing? I had you two pegged as very likely to be in.
                                                                                    It sounds good EE but seems very time consuming and I don't think i'd be in a position to give it the appropriate effort.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                      absolute knob jockey. How many times has he been 'shot' now?
                                                                                      Not nearly enough tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                                        Anyone know how long the PSNI is down for?
                                                                                        i think they are going back up tomorrow

Comment

ME: AA
                                                                                          French bloke: 1010

all in pre flop, if AA holds I go top 10 of tourni (pretty sure ive written this before)

runner runner flush

English might have a point about the french ya na

Spurs or Arsenal imo

bit of homeboy, not likely to want to leave London

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                            What a cunt

Comment

Who is Nick Westwood when he is at home?

Comment

What a cunt
                                                                                                ive tried listening to his show once or twice to see if he played anything id like

all and I mean ALL shit grime or corporate rap i gots me bling rubbish

*have I wandered into some Big Brother type conversation?
                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 09-06-10, 22:44. Reason: *

Comment

Much like Danny it seems very time consuming. If you need someone else to make up numbers then I can give it a go, but I tend to lose interest in things like that fairly quickly with my wee short attention span.

Comment

BBC Radio1 DJ and fully fledged wigga.

Listen to the bollocks he comes out with

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=601bFEAymlU[/ame]

He comes from a very traditional English middle class background, going to a private grammar school and his Dad is an archbishop. Rumoured to have organised a staged shooting of himself to up his streetcred. lolbad

Comment

Big trouble here, was driving around in a family car that is very rarely used. I used to be insured on the car but it ran out around 3 months ago. The tax on the car ran out around 6 months ago. Got pulled over and the guards seized the car. I've been ordered to pay 125euro tomorrow for the car's towing and have 10 days to produce insurance. All I could say to them was that the car hasn't been used in months and I naively thought it was still insured/taxed. What repercussions am I looking at here? Also, would there be any point purchasing insurance tomorrow or am I absolutely f**ked?
                                                                                                      No Sympathy from here, you won't get half what you deserve IMO. Minimum fine for getting into a car uninsured should be 50K and no discussion.
                                                                                                      Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                                                      Woot..Garda caught the fucker who smashed into the back of us, gotta go down the station tomorrow.
                                                                                                      He said " I was on Medication and i panicked" lol

Anyone know how long the PSN is down for?
                                                                                                      You'll be lucky if he doesn't turn to be uninsured.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

just blew my step 5 ticket back down to a step 2
                                                                                                        so iam off to watch some porn

Comment

Only time I've seen/heard of him is when I watched a couple of episodes of Pimp My Ride UK

Basically he is a lad who talks like Jay Z but more exaggerated, and holds his crotch with one hand while doing a stupid wave with the other. Rather silly

Comment

BBC2 has a short piece coming on just now about a money transfer system we have some involvement in in Kenya.
                                                                                                            Us degens would kill to have it here
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Roll up for the World Cup Fantasy football folks

Comment

Bless You that is great news and i hope you go from strength to strength

In honour of you good news i feel it is appropriate to post this

Comment

That's incredible news Bless You, I can't imagine how great you must feel today. Huge Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    No Sympathy from here, you won't get half what you deserve IMO. Minimum fine for getting into a car uninsured should be 50K and no discussion.
                                                                                                                    The problem in this country is that 3rd party insurance should be automatic once you have a valid driving license. That can easily be raised by charging x amount for every person who does the driving test/renews their license.
                                                                                                                    A 50k fine is just so stupid. Most people that get done for no insurance cannot afford it. They won't be able to pay a 50k fine and you know what that leads to? Jail and there until the amount is paid off, its set at a certain amount per day.

Comment

We chat to Tim Westwood backstage at One Big Weekend.

He comes from a very traditional English middle class background, going to a private grammar school and his Dad is an archbishop. Rumoured to have organised a staged shooting of himself to up his streetcred. lolbad

Comment

The problem in this country is that 3rd party insurance should be automatic once you have a valid driving license. That can easily be raised by charging x amount for every person who does the driving test/renews their license.
                                                                                                                        A 50k fine is just so stupid. Most people that get done for no insurance cannot afford it. They won't be able to pay a 50k fine and you know what that leads to? Jail and there until the amount is paid off, its set at a certain amount per day.
                                                                                                                        There's already a fund in place that pays out in the situation where an uninsured driver causes damage or injury to another. The fund is paid into by the insurance companies and is included in every insurance policy sold in the country.

Comment

none of it sounds real to me, never sounds comfortable with any of the patter he comes out with, he always sounds like he is thinking "how to say" instead of "what to say" next.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X