This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when can we expect pictures of the orgy hitchhiker

any chance you could set up a live feed (preferably without a picture of your arse the whole time)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      I don't want to get much more involved in this argument as I think its run its course but I am not sure what your trying to show ? You add up the figures given and say he is out by about 750k, fair enough. Then you insert a last line like it has naturally come from what you have just written when instead it looks like it was plucked from thin air.

The article extrapolates that Rafa would have to spend in the region of 430m in those first four season for it to have been comparable to what Alex spent. So lets say Alex did make 5 million back that would still leave net spend 7.25m or around a net spend of 255m (Average 64m a season) today going on club valuations.

Rafa spent 228 in his first four year of which he recouped 149 which is a net spend of 79m(Average 20m a season) and on what planet are those % net spends similar ?

All that is not even taking into account that Alex managed to win nothing in first 4 seasons and had spectacular league finishes of 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th.

Rafa in the same time period won the champions league, Won the FA cup, got to another Champions league final and in the league finished 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 4th.

Opr
      I wasn't trying to get into an argument at all

I debated whether or not I'd do a massive post on this, but if you don't want to get involved and I'm not looking for an argument then it would be pointless. Plus I'm on a bit of a go slow day so engaging my brain may be difficult.

In short though, I think any comparisons made of Fergusons first few years and the first few years of any manager in the last 10 years of the premiership are a waste of time. They were completely different eras and you can't really draw comparisons because it's like comparing apples & oranges.

In particular I think the comparisons with Benitez are a waste of time because there are almost no parallels other than "under achieving big name clubs" and even that phrase is out of place when associated with a Liverpool side who 2 seasons previously had won League Cup, FA CUP, UEFA CUP, Super Cup, Tea Cup and every other cup they could get their hands on!!

We do seem to have gone off on a tangent though, and my position is being misrepresented by myself. To be clear I think Liverpool made a mistake letting Benitez go, although I don't think he would have won them the league, I also don't think there's a better manager available that will take the job.
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
        Numbers are spot on, in fact you were probably running well over that sample. Must be the skill factor
        They're not actually my figures. It's just copied from one of the links pokerstars sent me. I have asked them for my hands tho :-) I'd be interested to see what my hands are like, and i'll just throw the figures into HM to see how bad i really am! It could take a while though!

Hello Tony, Thank you for your email.

Your hand history request is currently being processed. Please note this could take up to 24 hours to deliver all hands. You may also receive multiple emails, the many billions of hands PokerStars has dealt means there are a number of different databases containing your hand histories. You will need to download the hands from all emails sent.

Your patience is appreciated, and thanks for playing at PokerStars!

Comment

Pokerstars support is just the best support of any product anywhere imo. The email responses are just so quick and well thought out replies. They clearly train their staff well on all aspects. In one way their staff seem too good for customer support roles and should be doing something else!

Comment

is pokerstars the only place doing online sats for killarney?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
              Only 2 days to go!!
              No no, Big brother starts today.
              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                Pokerstars support is just the best support of any product anywhere imo. The email responses are just so quick and well thought out replies. They clearly train their staff well on all aspects. In one way their staff seem too good for customer support roles and should be doing something else!
                thats a pretty standard reply tbh

that email is just a standard email saved on file i would imagine, just pull it up change a few things like the guys name and amt of hands played and bang it off about 30seconds work imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                  To be clear I think Liverpool made a mistake letting Benitez go, although I don't think he would have won them the league, I also don't think there's a better manager available that will take the job.
                  This is exactly how I feel. Uncertain future, limited transfer budget, a manager will either take the job for the profile or because he loves the club. If they can't prise Hodgson away from Fulham, that leaves us with Dalglish. And to be honest, I have serious concerns about Dalglish's ability to do the job. He's a relic of a bygone era.

How about a wildcard? Give the job to Stevie.
                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 09-06-10, 13:39.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The time is 16:47 and Hello from Riyadh in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia! All going well (I hope), travelled over tue, have to say i have nothing but good words to say about Turkish Airlines.

Day 1 is over im back in the hotel after a very eventful day, in the 50oC heat, the heat is something unreal i have nevery experniced before i say few here have, it's like walking infront of an oven! Although the Saudai's have seemed to work around and you could forget that the heat is there really! Air con Everywhere you never need go outside your building unless you have too, although saying that the guy who invited me over Thermer said that it was part of the expernice so at 2 o clock in the day we went walking around the outside of a warehouse the size of croke park and accross yards in the heat im surprised i held up so well!

I really can't say how nice these people here are, everyone is so helpful and interested in where i come from and I delighted to report that the Irish people are taught very highly of in Saudai! i;ll prob be back a little later with some questions for the BBV and to pick it's brain!

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                      thats a pretty standard reply tbh

that email is just a standard email saved on file i would imagine, just pull it up change a few things like the guys name and amt of hands played and bang it off about 30seconds work imo.
                      Exactly, they are doing a great job by just doing simple things well. And yet the quality of service they give is soooo rare imo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist View Post
                        Exactly, they are doing a great job by just doing simple things well. And yet the quality of service they give is soooo rare imo.
                        This.

Even having the ability to actually properly read queries and respond with the correct standard reply is pretty rare with Customer Service mongo's. Simple comprehension is usually missing in my experience.
                        Last edited by Ste05; 09-06-10, 14:19.

Comment

Was over on the sf and was looking through the draft thread and I hadn't see this one before.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7-8z7o2EZY&feature=fvw[/ame]
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                            The time is 16:47 and Hello from Riyadh in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia! All going well (I hope), travelled over tue, have to say i have nothing but good words to say about Turkish Airlines.

Day 1 is over im back in the hotel after a very eventful day, in the 50oC heat, the heat is something unreal i have nevery experniced before i say few here have, it's like walking infront of an oven! Although the Saudai's have seemed to work around and you could forget that the heat is there really! Air con Everywhere you never need go outside your building unless you have too, although saying that the guy who invited me over Thermer said that it was part of the expernice so at 2 o clock in the day we went walking around the outside of a warehouse the size of croke park and accross yards in the heat im surprised i held up so well!

I really can't say how nice these people here are, everyone is so helpful and interested in where i come from and I delighted to report that the Irish people are taught very highly of in Saudai! i;ll prob be back a little later with some questions for the BBV and to pick it's brain!
                            I'd be on my way there now if it wasn't for the knuckle dragging imbeciles in the passport office.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

just found out a guy i know is on the shortlist for big brother tonight! If he gets in i can see him winning it, he's a normal enough lad, easy to get on with and should win over a few votes with d irish accent.
                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                just found out a guy i know is on the shortlist for big brother tonight! If he gets in i can see him winning it, he's a normal enough lad, easy to get on with and should win over a few votes with d irish accent.
                                Shortlist is about 50 people though with only 12/14 of them going in from what I've read. Hope he gets in anyway, we need some sensible Irish to make up for Mary The Witch, Noirin the Slapper, and Seanie the Gimp in recent years.

Comment

I know some of you are fans of Freakonomics / Superfreakonomics, Stephen Dubner
                                  is giving a seminar in the Royal College of Surgeons on Friday the 25th of the month, price €40:

Tony, notwithstanding they didn't carry out the analysis themselves, them merely giving expected versus actual stats are pretty useless without the statistical significance of the deviations. Some of those deviations may look small but be highly significant given the sample size.

Comment

Quick question for the financial heads of the BBV. I want to start saving money (probably seems like I have more since giving up the pokers ) because I suck with money it will be better if I dont have it in my current account.

At the moment I can afford to save about €400 p/m (standing order at the end of every month). I was talking to AIB and they can offer 3.5% interest paid twice a year - how does this compare to other options I may have?

Is It worth talking to a stock brocker or would I need a bigger roll for that

All advice appreciated.

going to the fitz for the big spin does not count as an investment so leave it out

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Shortlist is about 50 people though with only 12/14 of them going in from what I've read. Hope he gets in anyway, we need some sensible Irish to make up for Mary The Witch, Noirin the Slapper, and Seanie the Gimp in recent years.
                                      You actually watch Big Brother? I admit to having watched it for the first season, and most of season 2 I think, but it was relatively 'normal' back then.

Comment

I'm gutted Rafa's gone. I hoped he would stay for decades. Ah well....
                                        lol liverpool

Comment

Just when there are a few of the soccer guys on, I'm wondering if there would be enough interest on here to do a soccer draft. Could be fun if there was enough.

I don't know if all would be interested but I can think of 12 that I'd say would deffo be game for it.
                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Yeah I'd up for the draft, disappointed I missed out on the recent one in the soccer forum.
                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                              Quick question for the financial heads of the BBV. I want to start saving money (probably seems like I have more since giving up the pokers ) because I suck with money it will be better if I dont have it in my current account.

At the moment I can afford to save about €400 p/m (standing order at the end of every month). I was talking to AIB and they can offer 3.5% interest paid twice a year - how does this compare to other options I may have?

All advice appreciated.

going to the fitz for the big spin does not count as an investment so leave it out
                                              Depends how risky you want it to be, obviously if you were thinking about stocks it's basically gambling. You ain't gonna get rich off the back of a bank savings account, but its consistant and also looks good from the banks pov if applying for a mortgage etc.

edit: the best rates for regular savings accounts as listed on ask about money. Good website that is, worth checking out.

Question I was meaning to ask you, and didn't want to pull up the well again, CLA tabs: yay/nay?
                                              Last edited by NewApproach; 09-06-10, 15:05.

Comment

All advice appreciated.

Give it a year saving in a fixed rate account, then when you have 20k plus after the year go talk to a brocker

Comment

All advice appreciated.

PTSB will give you 3.75% and BOI will do 4%. Both are either 7 or 21 day notice accounts that you have to set up a S/O for. The PTSB account will let you set up a small s/o and then pay in in lump sums as you want.

Up to sums of 10k (correction.. 50k for tsb). After that you will need to find a new place to hide/invest your money

Edit: Im not sure what Rabo will offer but probably worth a look.
                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                    Just when there are a few of the soccer guys on, I'm wondering if there would be enough interest on here to do a soccer draft. Could be fun if there was enough.

I don't know if all would be interested but I can think of 12 that I'd say would deffo be game for it.
                                                    Without pointing me to a thread to read, can you give me cliffs on how it works and the amount of work required to maintain the team or whatever after the initial picks?

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

Cliffs on what a soccer draft is? I didn't read the soccer forum on boards and don't know anything about American football where i pressume it's modelled on?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        You actually watch Big Brother? I admit to having watched it for the first season, and most of season 2 I think, but it was relatively 'normal' back then.
                                                        I stuck with it through the years, its always entertaining enough.
                                                        The hours highlights only though, live feed would be too much. Believe it or not Finkel is a sometimes fan as well so the threads on boards.ie can be fun.
                                                        (I think its him anyway, mdwexford on boards? - not fully up with all the changed names).

Comment

No clue how the draft thing worsk but will probably give it a shot.

Is their any site that is similar to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ for the world cup ? I'd like to set up a league between a few mates.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            I stuck with it through the years, its always entertaining enough.
                                                            The hours highlights only though, live feed would be too much. Believe it or not Finkel is a sometimes fan as well so the threads on boards.ie can be fun.
                                                            (I think its him anyway, mdwexford on boards? - not fully up with all the changed names).
                                                            You have the names wrong there, but you are on the right track, and in the right geographical region.

Comment

A soccer draft -> The breeze created by Torres and Gerrard as they fly out the door at Anfield.

Comment

You set boundaries obv.

Like lets say its where you decide that everybody picks a team from the last decade.

So we do a draw for 20 people in random.org and whoever is no.1 gets to pick first. So lets say for instance he takes Messi, then no.2 has his pick and takes who he considers the best player available outside of Lionel Messi and so on. At the end of round 1, the order reverses so whoever picks at 20 gets to pick at 21 and whoever had the 1st pick is last to pick in round two.

We have 11 rounds and then when all the teams are picked we set up playoffs. Players get to post their team up and their tactics and explain why they would beat their opposition. Then all players involved get to vote on which team they think would win. Its a knockout tournament and we play it down to a final and whoever wins the final is the draft champion.

Comment

I'd be interested in a draft, but only if it starts in a couple of weeks, I'll be away with intermittent access until then.

In a draft you bascially pick players in order until you have a full team, they're then posted against each other and each team owner states their case for why their team should win between the two.

It's good fun, as long as the goalposts don't move mid competition ehh Llyod
                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

In for a draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                      No clue how the draft thing worsk but will probably give it a shot.

Is their any site that is similar to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ for the world cup ? I'd like to set up a league between a few mates.

Opr
                                                                      Here's one: http://worldfantasy.soccernet.espn.go.com/app/start.jsp

There's another but I can't find the link ATM, there's a thread in the Community Games about it too...

If you set-up a team on that site, there's a IPB league set-up too called "IrishPokerBoards League"

Comment

In for draft

Comment

Ok, just set up a thread for it. Post your interest there and we can discuss it and set up the rules etc if we get enough which I'd say we will. We can take up to 32 I'd say. Whatever amount we get we can have playoffs a preliminary round to get it down to 16 if we need to.

Admins move it to the appropriate section, I just put it up in the main forum.

Comment

Anyone interested in a $10 winner takes all World Cup Predictions comp go here:

Comment

Anyone in for a Freeroll €1m winner takes all World Cup Predictions game go here

Comment

I have to say I was a bit pissed off having to fork out 80 blips for RAGE.

BUT.

It was the fucking most amazing gig I have ever been to. The only other one that came close Rodrigo y Gabriella.

The o2 is some venue I have to say. The band were rocking the crowd from the get go. I am flabbergasted at how wild everybody was. It was just feet five foot off the ground everywhere, moshing and headbanging all night. Every single person that was there would have been chanting out the lyrics with gusto. Only negative was lots of shhweaty lads with no shirts that just wanted to keep putting there arms around you, *shudder*.

Had an epic night of drinking and I am only just back in the gaff in Mullingar and I feel like the dirtiest, crustiest creature conceivable. I think it will quite hard for any single act to top last night.

Time for a shower and a few hours kip I reckon.

Comment

Guns N Roses tickets bought...Also nearly 80 bills, but twill be great!

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                      What songs are they singing? Biggest regret of my life is missing their Use Your Illusions 1 concert in Slane Castle.
                                                                                      Bit of everything...Saw them at Leeds in '02 and it was brilliant.

Comment

Posted this in the old place ages ago, its still hysterical.

Possibly the worst phone message anyone's ever left on someone's phone sober.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

Good fuck!! What a lunatic... can't believe she didn't ring back LOL

Comment

Quality.
                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Kinda reminds me of Hellmuth.

Comment

has boyles/i-poker changed their sounds in the last few days?

might have clicked a button for it and not know I did but all sounds are definitely different
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ireland V england in under20 world cup starting at 6
                                                                                                  ireland +8 pts at 10/11 looks agood bet at boyles england have a raft of changes from first match
                                                                                                  and we have beaten them this year in england already
                                                                                                  best irish under20 team for last few years worth a small punt

Comment

To be clear I think Liverpool made a mistake letting Benitez go, although I don't think he would have won them the league, I also don't think there's a better manager available that will take the job.

Not sure how you can say this after what he did two seasons ago. If we had Torres fully fit for the full season we'd have won it. I also think if United lost Rooney for a good chunk of last season you lot would have just about finished top 4. The second point you make sums it up though, what kind of retards sack a manager when there clearly isn't a better one available? It just boggles the mind.

I also find Solskjaer take on the issue very strange. Harping on about rubbing shoulders with Liverpool fans in the 80s etc etc, hate to burst your bubble but this isn't the 80s. We haven't won the league since 1990. I don't think any Liverpool fan or football fan should think we have a God given right to challenge for titles everyone season and when we don't win it, it is deemed a bit of a failure. When you look at the mis-management that has gone on in the club for the last 20 years, it is a miracle we remained this high for so long. Evans should have been booted well before Moores came out with his ridiculous double team management idea with Ged, talk about lacking complete balls. When fergie took over in 1986 he recognized the booze problem at the club straight away and took aims to sort it out. Over 10 years later and the problems was still around a LFC, the infamous Spce boys nickname says it all. Ruddocks, Collymore, McManamen, Fowler et all could basically do what they like.

That's just on the pitch were we were 10 years behind United, when you look at off it gets more painful. Stand up Mr. Rick fucking Parry. His ineptitude off the pitch was unreal. Looking at how Liverpool stayed stagnant for so long is quite the achievement when you look at how much of a goldmine the club should be. Newcastle, Mancheter City, Sunderland all have bigger stadiums then us. 3 teams who've all had spells in the championship fairly recently. Spurs and West ham all have plans for new stadiums, Liverpool's is now dead in the water unless we get new owners. As you say a club that expects to challenge for titles every year should not be unable to build a new stadium. At this stage we are light years behind a lot of teams financial but because of our history the expectations of the last few years have killed us.

Lastly, for the people who think Rafa should leave because he won't win the league etc etc. Do you all honestly think we'll win the league title under Roy Hodgson, MON or Klinsman in the next few years? I go one further, do you really think either of those managers will win the Champions league, reach another CL final, win an FA cup and secure CL qualification over the next 4 years?

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                      Ireland V england in under20 world cup starting at 6
                                                                                                      ireland +8 pts at 10/11 looks agood bet at boyles england have a raft of changes from first match
                                                                                                      and we have beaten them this year in england already
                                                                                                      best irish under20 team for last few years worth a small punt
                                                                                                      This on the tellybox?

Comment

Speaking of stadiums, I always found the resistance to ground sharing in Liverpool to be staggering. If Roma and Lazio can do it anyone can and it's the most cost efficient solution surely
                                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Havent seen it posted yet but i see Nick “Salamander” Heather has final tabled at the wsop event 13, fourth in chips with nine left.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                                            This on the tellybox?
                                                                                                            Setanta Ireland.

We were robbed against France on Saturday. Dominic Ryan penalised for a high tackle which was a great legal hit. They won with the resulting kick.

Comment

Setanta Ireland the free one or not? Always get confused.

Comment

Setanta Ireland.

We were robbed against France on Saturday. Dominic Ryan penalised for a high tackle which was a great legal hit. They won with the resulting kick.
                                                                                                                While the penalty was really harsh, France were much better for most of the game and Ireland were lucky to be still in it at the end.
                                                                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                                                  While the penalty was really harsh, France were much better for most of the game and Ireland were lucky to be still in it at the end.
                                                                                                                  agreed, but the better team winning by virtue of being the better team and playing better is far easier to swallow than having the game decided by a dodgy decision.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                                                    Setanta Ireland the free one or not? Always get confused.
                                                                                                                    fo free.

UPC 105 and also on UPC/NTL terrestrial

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                      Depends how risky you want it to be, obviously if you were thinking about stocks it's basically gambling. You ain't gonna get rich off the back of a bank savings account, but its consistant and also looks good from the banks pov if applying for a mortgage etc.

edit: the best rates for regular savings accounts as listed on ask about money. Good website that is, worth checking out.

Question I was meaning to ask you, and didn't want to pull up the well again, CLA tabs: yay/nay?
                                                                                                                      Thanks for that.

Do you mean Calcium tablets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                        What songs are they singing? Biggest regret of my life is missing their Use Your Illusions 1 concert in Slane Castle.
                                                                                                                        I was there with my Dad. Not sure what age I was, but I was in primary school.

Edit actually, did they play slane more than once?

Comment

I'd be interested in a draft, but only if it starts in a couple of weeks, I'll be away with intermittent access until then.

In a draft you bascially pick players in order until you have a full team, they're then posted against each other and each team owner states their case for why their team should win between the two.

It's good fun, as long as the goalposts don't move mid competition ehh Llyod
                                                                                                                          You can't please all of the people, all of the time. I think the majority were happy enough with how it was ran. And to be fair, it actually was finished out in full - which is quite rare for these draft things in my experience.
                                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X