This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    Taken is a very good action flick with Liam Neeson. Very enjoyable in a let the brain have a rest kind of way.
    good flick
    also liked man on fire
    You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      I didn't catch any of the IO coverage, and the threads were too long to read after, but;
      What exactly did this Paco Torres fella do that made him a IPB hero
      One hand on the televised table, El Tren raised it up in early position and action was folded to Chris Dowling. El Tren then looked up and deep into Chris's soul and uttered his famous words...."You raise............I Kill You" in his best gringo accent. Chris duly folded AA face up.

Comment

1st episode of the 2010 Aussie Millions is up on pokertube

Watch poker videos, TV shows & documentaries on PokerTube. With over 20,000 Poker related movies like High Stakes Poker, PokerTube is the world's largest site to watch anything about poker.

1st up in the $100k buyin event. Ivey and Dwan at the feature table

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
          2. He has a little train he uses as a card protector, and when he goes all in, the train comes with the chips and goes "Choo Choo!".
          funny the way most people here seemed to hate Humberto Brenes who did this.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
            1. He looks like Inigo Montoya from the Princess Bride.
            2. He has a little train he uses as a card protector, and when he goes all in, the train comes with the chips and goes "Choo Choo!".

If that isn't enough for you, well...
            Also, when he was knocked out he came over to a French blogging team (who were beside the IPB team) and a drunken Rounders123 was sent over to get his autograph, which he signed and posed for photo's, there's pics of the moment in one of the threads... class fella altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
              Anyone here know anything about these guys and their coaching??

http://collinmoshman.com/
              not sure bout his coaching but his heads up book and sit n go book are top notch. Only finished his heads up book recently but has hugely improved that area of my game. I would think that coaching from moshman and his mates would be great for your stt game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                I didn't catch any of the IO coverage, and the threads were too long to read after, but;
                What exactly did this Paco Torres fella do that made him a IPB hero
                Was at his table for a while, and he is a genuinely nice guy too!
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Iphone 4 looks pretty slick, had anyone here for the HTC desire? It's going to be pretty close decision for my new phone

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Watch poker videos, TV shows & documentaries on PokerTube. With over 20,000 Poker related movies like High Stakes Poker, PokerTube is the world's largest site to watch anything about poker.

I posted this yesterday i think it was, what do you make of it?

Just watched the first episode of the Aussie Millions the 100k higher roller event, man its a weird structure, pot limit before the flop no limit after the flop and you only have 30 seconds to make your decisions.
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                      Iphone 4 looks pretty slick, had anyone here for the HTC desire? It's going to be pretty close decision for my new phone
                      I haven't bought either yet but the choice is ...

In the Apple iPhone you get a very good, slick, well made device that is owned by Apple. It is not yours to do anything you want to with unless you break it. Even then you are still owned to the core by Apple.
                      With the Htc you also have a slick well made device which in some minor respects falls short of the iPhone, range of bought applications is a temporary issue but ability to use screen in daylight is an issue and in some other areas it outperforms the iPhone for ordinary phone and text use and battery life in particular. You do get total control over your own device, you or anyone else can create and run applications on it without ceding control of your mobile communications on a political, moral and commercial level to Apple.

Simple choice IMO
                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-06-10, 09:33.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                        Was at his table for a while, and he is a genuinely nice guy too!
                        Did you get your turf sorted?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

sort of NSFW. sort of.
                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

LOL, poor Joe Hachem things have obviously gone downhill recently

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                  Tesco have a few of those mad offers. Best one they have at the moment if you buy 6 Stella and one of those large Chicago Town takeaway pizza (Only frozen pizza I have ever had that comes close to takeaway) you get both for I think its 4.99.

Opr
                                  I would love to have an eye for spotting value in special offers like these people. LOL the marketing guys in Hoover.

Banana economics: buy 942lb of fruit, give it away - and make pounds 25 profit
                                  Physicist Phil Calcott always wanted to make a grand gesture. So the chance to give away nearly half a ton of free bananas proved utterly irresistible.

Hoover free flights promotion
                                  BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Roll on RATM tonight

Comment

Originally posted by J10spades View Post
                                        Roll on RATM tonight
                                        I was meant to post the other day, you like Eddie Vedder right have you checked out the soundtrack from Into the Wild? I never really knew alot of his stuff but its a great album check it out if you havent already.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          I was meant to post the other day, you like Eddie Vedder right have you checked out the soundtrack from Into the Wild? I never really knew alot of his stuff but its a great album check it out if you havent already.

Will do man, cheers! Only started listening to Pearl Jam properly in the last few months.

Comment

WW is a great game, love what it does to people. Especially soul reading poker players.

Sez he to me, what it you?, Sez I who? sez he you, Sez I me? Sez he yes, Sez I no.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                Banana economics: buy 942lb of fruit, give it away - and make pounds 25 profit
                                                http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ba...t-1283219.html ...
                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZZqnVYB4UA[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                  Howard Finkel has to be detrimental for everyones health!
                                                  FYP

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by J10spades View Post
                                                      Will do man, cheers! Only started listening to Pearl Jam properly in the last few months.
                                                      Actually as well you should check the movie out, i thought it was excellent.

Few songs from it,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Js2Ef5Ojg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4uTEhDqa_s[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRUGvArWXLk[/ame]

Comment

Blockbuster movies done in Lego
                                                        MoviesOnline offers the most authoritative news in Canada, featuring national and international news.
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                          Actually as well you should check the movie out, i thought it was excellent.

Few songs from it,

Based on a true story. After graduating from Emory University in 1990, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandoned his possessions, gave his ent...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRUGvArWXLk
                                                          That film, altho quite well done annoyed the piss out of me. I can't remember how to do spoilers so i won't go into it

Comment

[spoiler] ]/spoiler] obviously reverse the bracket.

Comment

I'm flying from Dublin>London>Bangkok>Ho Chi Minh City next week, going with Ba; presume my bags are gonna go straight through to Ho Chi Minh City yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Blockbuster movies done in Lego
                                                                http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_18073.html
                                                                Matrix, Crocodile Dundee and Shaun of the Dead are excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                  I would love to have an eye for spotting value in special offers like these people.
                                                                  Was buying drink in ASDA in Derry for the christening and it was £12.99 for 18 cans of Carlsberg. There was a 24 pack beside it with no price so asked the lads working there. It was also £12.99. The cans in both packs were the same size (440ml i think) and the lads said it happens all the time!

Tesco is Letterkenny do a €7 meal deal that they don't seem to do down in Dublin. This easily fills 4 people. You get a choice of Main Dish (all huge boxes) Lasagne, Pasta, Wedge Bake, you get a choice of side..Mashed Potato, Garlic bread, cauliflower cheese and you get a choice of dessert...Strawbeery Cheesecake, profiteroles and something else.

To buy seperately, the main is €5.99 and the side is €3.99 and the dessert is €4.99

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                    WW is a great game, love what it does to people. Especially soul reading poker players.

Sez he to me, what it you?, Sez I who? sez he you, Sez I me? Sez he yes, Sez I no.
                                                                    I don't think Sideshow bob has thick skin - i haven't seen him post since you gave out to us.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX8UYFpKs7M[/ame]

Opr

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDe4v318f64[/ame]
                                                                        class
                                                                        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                          I'm flying from Dublin>London>Bangkok>Ho Chi Minh City next week, going with Ba; presume my bags are gonna go straight through to Ho Chi Minh City yeah?
                                                                          Assuming you bought the tickets all together then you are travelling on the one booking reference number and they will check them through from Dublin (Anything less than 3 hours stopover in London => c. 50% chance of your bags arriving at the same time as you)

If you are flying with Ryanair through Gatwick or Stanstead then you will be on separate reference you will need to get your bags in London and check them in again there. Highly unlikely, unless you booked local lo cost flights yourself, that you will need to do that in Bangkok.

Edit Doh! I just see now that you are with BA in your OP so once you are not with Ryanair you are OK the whole way.

Comment

FML, clutch on my car went on the way to the Rage gig. No history of clutch problems, just driving slowly in a car park, put it into 1st when about to pull out onto the road and the clutch just died. Any suggestions? In a garage already for diagnosis.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            Did you get your turf sorted?
                                                                            Ah most of it done now. Will finish off the rest on my own during the week.
                                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                              FML, clutch on my car went on the way to the Rage gig. No history of clutch problems, just driving slowly in a car park, put it into 1st when about to pull out onto the road and the clutch just died. Any suggestions? In a garage already for diagnosis.
                                                                              What do you mean it died? Its usually a gradual thing. Is it slipping? Put in 5th with handbrake up and try to take off. If it doesnt cut out immediately thats a good indicator its pretty much toast.
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 08-06-10, 12:44.

Comment

Was buying drink in ASDA in Derry for the christening and it was £12.99 for 18 cans of Carlsberg. There was a 24 pack beside it with no price so asked the lads working there. It was also £12.99. The cans in both packs were the same size (440ml i think) and the lads said it happens all the time!

Tesco is Letterkenny do a €7 meal deal that they don't seem to do down in Dublin. This easily fills 4 people. You get a choice of Main Dish (all huge boxes) Lasagne, Pasta, Wedge Bake, you get a choice of side..Mashed Potato, Garlic bread, cauliflower cheese and you get a choice of dessert...Strawbeery Cheesecake, profiteroles and something else.

To buy seperately, the main is €5.99 and the side is €3.99 and the dessert is €4.99

Marks and Spencers do a similar thing for €12 and you also get a bottle of wine.
                                                                                A major plus is that M&S food >>>>>>>>>>>>>Tesco Food
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

its as much to do with the price they bought it at as the price they are selling it at
                                                                                  Once they make their margin they don't really care

+one batch (id guess the 24's but ? with the world cup coming) is old stock, so instead of taking it off the shelves and sticking it in the warehouse to rot, they just sell it thru letting customers either

a)laugh at the stupid supermarket
                                                                                  or
                                                                                  b)feel clever for getting a bargain

they do deals in border counties that are not available elsewhere

i doubt they are making a loss on the deal price tbh

Comment

Cool world cup predictor from the BBC

Comment

No wonder you are so skinny ... decent meal for one IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                        Need to get to Barcelona from Prague for a conference at end of June. Guessing taking the train would be ridiculous?
                                                                                        From a time spent travelling point of view, it would be a bit daft alright.
                                                                                        You have a low-fare flight from Prague to Barcelona which takes a shade under two hours versus 25 hours on a train with a minimum of three changes.

Still have all this stuff on my computer from when I was trying to guide the girlfriend home from Slovenia during the volcano troubles so I could look into it further if you like?

All that said, if time and patience were no barriers, I would do the train myself.
                                                                                        Beautiful way to see a cross section of Europe and far and away my favorite way to travel.
                                                                                        I really don't like to fly.

Wasn't it you who feels the need to phone everyone you know before taking a flight??

You could fly there and train back of course if you weren't in a rush back for a threesome or anything?

.

Comment

Any of the fitness gurus here have any idea of what would be a fair price for a guy who runs 5k in 35 minutes at the moment to run a sub 26 minute 5k in within eight weeks?

Would it be easily achievable?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                            Any of the fitness gurus here have any idea of what would be a fair price for a guy who runs 5k in 35 minutes at the moment to run a sub 26 minute 5k in within eight weeks?

Just run faster imo

Comment

7 minutes for 1km average? I think he is taking he piss Thats like 11 minutes a mile ffs, I could almost walk that.
                                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Thanks strewelpeter; thats what I presumed but not what I hoped. We're travelling through Vietnam and flying out of Hanoi back to Bangkok so was kinda hoping we could leave our bigger bags in BKK.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

No wonder you are so skinny
                                                                                                  Why thanks Tony. I have been working out. Glad you noticed ;-))

Comment

7 minutes for 1km average? I think he is taking he piss Thats like 11 minutes a mile ffs, I could almost walk that.
                                                                                                    He's a big guy, no real fitness background from a couple of years, would say he's probably mildly obese at the moment, we did it on a treadmill this morning in the gym and he was pretty much unable to move at the end of the 5k. I was surprised he even did it, he was fairly fit about 3 years ago but is only re-starting training now.

Comment

He's a big guy, no real fitness background from a couple of years, would say he's probably mildly obese at the moment, we did it on a treadmill this morning in the gym and he was pretty much unable to move at the end of the 5k. I was surprised he even did it, he was fairly fit about 3 years ago but is only re-starting training now.
                                                                                                      Does he smoke?
                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Does he smoke?
                                                                                                        Yeah, don't know exactly how many, but a lot. 20 a day maybe?

Comment

Yeah, don't know exactly how many, but a lot. 20 a day maybe?
                                                                                                          If he doesn't intend to give them up I'd take the bet. If he is going to give them up now he has a very good chance at doing it imo. Breathing is a huge part of running anything over a mile. The reason he was in such bad shape on the treadmill is because of his breathing taking up so much of his energy.

Comment

anyone play on irisheyes, is there monthly loyalty bonus good? i will be playing 6tables of 25,50c omaha about 50hours a month, how many vip points would this get me roughly?
                                                                                                            cheers

Comment

all imo and all that:

1.he should not be running
                                                                                                              2. he defo should not be running on threadmills

walk, weights, bike and swimming!

Comment

obv some rihanna fan in the home office

US singer Chris Brown postpones a UK tour after being denied a visa over his conviction for assaulting Rihanna.

Comment

Leinster And Munster have got horror draws in the Heineken Cup. Jesus.

Comment

sfw.

Comment

2 year old smoker has cut down from 40 fags a day to 15!

Has anyone ever watched Brubaker

Comment

35 is slow. Why does it take him so long now? I'd be pretty suspicious. I think someone who was pretty out of shape, but not obese or anything, but has no physical problems, could run 5k in 25mins after 8 weeks training irregardless of their current time.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                          all imo and all that:

1.he should not be running
                                                                                                                          2. he defo should not be running on threadmills

walk, weights, bike and swimming!
                                                                                                                          yeah there's a chance he kills himself, but other than that I don't like your side of the bet ckid

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X