X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    ahem, you seem to have failed to mention how much this will cost to enter

$20 shippable on stars\boyles etc?
    So are we going to do this? nice of EL S to agree to escrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      Two weeks cig free today. No bother at all giving up really apart from a bit of irritation in the first week. Think it's down to the Alan Carr method and using nicotine replacement therapy. Must get off the nicotine next, but don't think that'll be an issue. Such a stupid habit to have got into and devoted seven years to, but glad to have it behind me now (subject to remaining vigilant for the next few months obv).

Do have a tremendous desire for a pint of Guinness though. It's been building for about a week now. Have been off drink since beginning Jan, so it's a month. No issues at all until last weekend when suddenly the idea of sitting in a pub with a perfect pint in front of me entered the head and now can't get rid of it. Might have to succumb, which is a bit of a pity.
      I have been off them since New Years Day, after having smoke for as long as I can remember.

No Nicotine replacements for me, was in a complete daze for the 1st week or 2 but rarely even think about them now.

Comment

noice logo imo

put my back out on tuesday so no deepstack for me - gl to all playing

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Woods back in 2 weeks, pretty sure it probably had been mentioned in here, but first I'd seen of it
          Sweet. Back for the masters.

Oh does anyone know of a link for the "Ruck 'n 'roll" videos on bbc that takes a look back at the 5/6 nations every decade from the 60's?
          BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

It's for uk users only

Comment

I'm pretty good at poker, I've 10million chips on facebook, some people said i should try and go pro
            like i know lots, i know if you have an ace and a king it doesn't mean you're gonna win
            just die imo

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              If Walter wasn't in this show I would have stopped watching a long time ago.

Opr
              have it posted to the cousins.
              However, I think they are dragging out the obvious peter angle
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Speaking as a banker (you can all spit now), 100%+ mortgages and terms of greater than 25 years are absolute financial poison - you are basically indenturing yourself to the bank for the course of your working life. You become a slave. In most cases, this was for 'starter' homes; small-ish houses and apartments that people intended to move out of after a few years (after all, 'property only ever goes up' right? So they'd be able to sell onto the next generation and get themselves that 4-bed semi-d with a nice garden). Now the're stuck there.

What's even worse in the Irish context is that everyone took on these massive debt burdens;
                1. at a time of historically low interest rates - so they will be crushed when rates move back up to normal levels. How many mortgage holders here would be crushed by rates of, say, 8%?
                2. during a massive property bubble, therefore ensuring NE for generations. Look at Japan if you want an example of how this can paralyse an economy and society.
                3. at a time when most people had an artifically inflated sense of their earning power, both current and future. Thus, people who were coining it during the Bubble (I refuse to use the word boom - it was a bubble) Years racked up all this debt that they now simply don't have the earning capacity to repay.
                4. at a time when the banks were behaving in a criminally reckless fashion by handing out huge mortgages to people who, quite frankly, never had any chance of repaying the loans. The core concept of prudential lending was fucked out the window in favour of short-term bonus chasing. It didn't help that the Central Bankers and regulators were too busy taking their mots on holiday at taxpayers expense to keep an eye on the banks.
                5. at a time when there was massive pressure placed on young people to 'get on the housing ladder before it's too late'. This was a tremendously effective form of psychological bullying that we Irish, with our lack of ability for critical analysis and our propensity for herd-following, were very susceptible to. Well done to any on here who could have bought and succesfully resisted.

I'm not even going to make my usual argument about the treasonous behaviour of successive Fianna Fail governments in actively stoking the flames of the bubble. That argument is won and self-evident!
                My parents and the missus' parents are still in the mindset of renting = dead money.
                Now, I'm pretty sure I've explained as above but obviously Im not as eloquent as Els here.
                Don't they just realise I can just wait until they shuffle off the mortal coil
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Poor you. I happen to like it, although the bingo one in the dropdown list remains my favourite so far. Getting a scalable logo for that though has proven to be a problem as it is the only skin I have found so far where the logo space is a fixed size.
                    use the same logo with a different file name scaled to how you want it
                    you can change the logo needed in the templates/templatename/general.php (at least I think that's what the file is called, the concept is sound though)

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                      Pretty sure I posted this before, but here:

SPOILER

Photoshopped BTW
                      Last edited by RoadSweeper; 05-02-10, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        use the same logo with a different file name scaled to how you want it
                        you can change the logo needed in the templates/templatename/general.php (at least I think that's what the file is called, the concept is sound though)
                        The problem with that though (and I have tried it) is that the logos look pretty crap when scaled down to size. Go to the bingo skin, and choose the blue cllour option from the top right corner for example. Obviously it can be changed, but with that particular skin you have to get down and dirty with the code rather than just changing it via the normal relatively user friendly route of other skins.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          The problem with that though (and I have tried it) is that the logos look pretty crap when scaled down to size. Go to the bingo skin, and choose the blue cllour option from the top right corner for example. Obviously it can be changed, but with that particular skin you have to get down and dirty with the code rather than just changing it via the normal relatively user friendly route of other skins.
                          Ah yeah, I've had a look at that.
                          I suppose you could go the boards.ie route and use a different logo for each skin....not ideal I know, but probably the easiest route

Comment

I like the new look. wd
                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Ah yeah, I've had a look at that.
                              I suppose you could go the boards.ie route and use a different logo for each skin....not ideal I know, but probably the easiest route
                              Something like this will probably happen. Might use the popular logo for the main couple of skins and then use a smaller one for the others.

Comment

i like it

i like it

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTwuQBOLYdU[/ame]
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Last edited by Angry-Ball; 05-02-10, 14:26.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                      playing a few hands

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\colm's comp\My Documents\My Pictures[/IMG]
                                      Hotlinking fail....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Angry-Ball; 05-02-10, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                            So are we going to do this? nice of EL S to agree to escrow.
                                            I'm in and will trust you and anyone else for it at the conclusion
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

On coke obv

Comment

have it posted to the cousins.
                                                However, I think they are dragging out the obvious peter angle
                                                so now we know....well confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                  a thumbs down button is needed so badly for times like this

Comment

My parents and the missus' parents are still in the mindset of renting = dead money.
                                                    Now, I'm pretty sure I've explained as above but obviously Im not as eloquent as Els here.
                                                    Don't they just realise I can just wait until they shuffle off the mortal coil
                                                    If you were any kind of man you'd be expecting to be dead long before yer parents

Comment

Mr Gibson:

1. YOU are the asshole. It's perfectly reasonable for a reporter to check if you are still an anti-semetic lush prick if you rely on the public paying into your movies to keep you wealthy.

2. You are 54 years old, stop using 'dude' to refer to people.
                                                      personally, I thought it was funny

Comment

Two weeks cig free today. No bother at all giving up really apart from a bit of irritation in the first week. Think it's down to the Alan Carr method and using nicotine replacement therapy. Must get off the nicotine next, but don't think that'll be an issue. Such a stupid habit to have got into and devoted seven years to, but glad to have it behind me now (subject to remaining vigilant for the next few months obv).

Do have a tremendous desire for a pint of Guinness though. It's been building for about a week now. Have been off drink since beginning Jan, so it's a month. No issues at all until last weekend when suddenly the idea of sitting in a pub with a perfect pint in front of me entered the head and now can't get rid of it. Might have to succumb, which is a bit of a pity.
                                                        Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                        Fair play to you the first two weeks are the hardest no doubt. I'm off them since December 10th (wasn't my idea, two intruders found in my left lung and am still under threat of a lobectomy). Am slipping a little lately though, will have to re-think the motivators.
                                                        Well done to you. Know exactly what you mean about the pints but it would be a huge trigger for me so must resist them too. Too young for this grown up stuff.
                                                        Yeah I'm (sober) off them since mid December too, the first 2 weeks are very tricky indeed, I've slipped the last couple of times I've been out drinking though, thankfully the following day I don't even have any real cravings, just the nicoteine withdrawal but I don't have the overwhelming desire to smoke, it's kinda weird. If I could kick the smoking while drinking I'd be laughing.

Also, best of luck with the health Bless You, hope it all works out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                          a thumbs down button is needed so badly for times like this
                                                          At least a WTF? button.
                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                            At least a WTF? button.
                                                            Nice location Wayne, only just noticed it

Comment

Very slick looking.
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

New Skin looks well along with the logo, nice job

Comment

Player down in the deepstack already!
                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Details of the hand?
                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Yup, set over set. He didn't stick around though for me to ask him about it. I would have thought that the French would be a bit nervous to lose their stack in the early stages, having travelled so far, but my assumption was brought down in flames when I heard the words player down come from the end of the room. Again, he made a beeline for the exit but it turns out it was a Frenchman. I'd like to assume that he missed some gutterball for the 2000BB pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                        Details of the hand?
                                                                        Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Such a good chip stack crippled

PokerStars Game #39267911241: Tournament #283010305, $30+$3 USD Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2010/02/05 10:30:49 ET
                                                                          Table '283010305 7' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
                                                                          Seat 1: michaeld18 (5045 in chips)
                                                                          Seat 2: judepie (2475 in chips)
                                                                          Seat 3: gridline (3460 in chips)
                                                                          Seat 4: rolly30 (4850 in chips)
                                                                          Seat 5: akkopower (3138 in chips)
                                                                          Seat 6: Slawas1 (2450 in chips)
                                                                          Seat 7: Lampid (12275 in chips)
                                                                          Seat 8: Ol'Timers (3000 in chips)
                                                                          Seat 9: joeyb3 (3205 in chips)
                                                                          rolly30: posts small blind 50
                                                                          akkopower: posts big blind 100
                                                                          *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                          Dealt to michaeld18 [5h 2c Ad 7d]
                                                                          Slawas1: calls 100
                                                                          Lampid: folds
                                                                          Ol'Timers: folds
                                                                          joeyb3: folds
                                                                          michaeld18: raises 350 to 450
                                                                          judepie: folds
                                                                          gridline: folds
                                                                          rolly30: calls 400
                                                                          akkopower: folds
                                                                          Slawas1: calls 350
                                                                          *** FLOP *** [5d Td 7c]
                                                                          rolly30: bets 500
                                                                          Slawas1: calls 500
                                                                          michaeld18: raises 2950 to 3450
                                                                          rolly30: raises 950 to 4400 and is all-in
                                                                          Slawas1: calls 1500 and is all-in
                                                                          michaeld18: calls 950
                                                                          *** TURN *** [5d Td 7c] [Ts]
                                                                          *** RIVER *** [5d Td 7c Ts] [8s]
                                                                          *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                          rolly30: shows [Ac 2s 9d Ah] (HI: two pair, Aces and Tens; LO: 8,7,5,2,A)
                                                                          michaeld18: shows [5h 2c Ad 7d] (HI: two pair, Tens and Sevens; LO: 8,7,5,2,A)
                                                                          rolly30 collected 2400 from side pot
                                                                          rolly30 collected 1200 from side pot
                                                                          michaeld18 collected 1200 from side pot
                                                                          Slawas1: shows [9c Js 9s 8h] (HI: a straight, Seven to Jack)
                                                                          Slawas1 collected 3725 from main pot
                                                                          rolly30 collected 1863 from main pot
                                                                          michaeld18 collected 1862 from main pot
                                                                          *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                          Total pot 12250 Main pot 7450. Side pot 4800. | Rake 0
                                                                          Board [5d Td 7c Ts 8s]
                                                                          Seat 1: michaeld18 showed [5h 2c Ad 7d] and won (3062) with HI: two pair, Tens and Sevens; LO: 8,7,5,2,A
                                                                          Seat 2: judepie folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                          Seat 3: gridline (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                          Seat 4: rolly30 (small blind) showed [Ac 2s 9d Ah] and won (5463) with HI: two pair, Aces and Tens; LO: 8,7,5,2,A
                                                                          Seat 5: akkopower (big blind) folded before Flop
                                                                          Seat 6: Slawas1 showed [9c Js 9s 8h] and won (3725) with HI: a straight, Seven to Jack
                                                                          Seat 7: Lampid folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                          Seat 8: Ol'Timers folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                          Seat 9: joeyb3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

he was in the Fitz last night, knocked me out when I pushed the new Aces into his aces

not even a flicker of a smile from him either

Comment

he was in the Fitz last night, knocked me out when I pushed the new Aces into his aces

What are the new Aces?

Comment

[nsfw=chick from the real hustle] [/nsfw]

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                                                                    What are the new Aces?
                                                                                    J4s

although I may be out of date with the cool kids on this one

Comment

I take it your talking about the pic of your man i put up?

Comment

J4s

although I may be out of date with the cool kids on this one
                                                                                        its J5

Comment

sometimes i get confused if im still on boards or not

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            I take it your talking about the pic of your man i put up?
                                                                                            yes

Comment

Mr Gibson:

1. YOU are the asshole. It's perfectly reasonable for a reporter to check if you are still an anti-semetic lush prick if you rely on the public paying into your movies to keep you wealthy.

2. You are 54 years old, stop using 'dude' to refer to people.
                                                                                              at what age do you stop calling Dudes Dude, it's the US they have their own language.
                                                                                              Also does the jew not belong down the well ?
                                                                                              the media are intrusive assholes so what harm in reminding them as you play the game. I'm not necessarily a Gibson fan but if I had his money etc I'd more than likely be dead of liver failure and stds.

Comment

pompus cnut

Comment

so Terry dropped as England Captain.

Likely successors?
                                                                                                  Lampard?
                                                                                                  Gerrard?
                                                                                                  Rio?
                                                                                                  Rooney?

Comment

This movie got released today really looking forward to it,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbJyaO97QPY[/ame]

Comment

Likely successors?
                                                                                                      Lampard?
                                                                                                      Gerrard?
                                                                                                      Rio?
                                                                                                      Rooney?
                                                                                                      Likely successors.

Comment

I've been asked to come out of retirement and mod the boards poker forum. I have given them a provisional refusal as I don't see it being anything like it was but thought I would ask folks. What do ye think?

Comment

Originally posted by mewso View Post
                                                                                                          I've been asked to come out of retirement and mod the boards poker forum. I have given them a provisional refusal as I don't see it being anything like it was but thought I would ask folks. What do ye think?
                                                                                                          I suppose the main question for me, how come you stopped in the first place? Just didnt have the time to do it or just got pissed off with it?

As you said you dont see it being anything like it was before and neither can i so for my opinion i would certainly give it a miss.

Then if you enjoyed it before and your reason for stepping down was because you didnt have the time i cant see it for the moment being absolutely hectic so maybe you could devote some time to it.

Comment

Likely successors?
                                                                                                            Lampard?
                                                                                                            Gerrard?
                                                                                                            Rio?
                                                                                                            Rooney?
                                                                                                            Rooney IMO!

Comment

...
                                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 05-02-10, 16:19.

Comment

It's not like we'd hold it against you if you decide to dust off your mod suit. I can't imagine it being the hive of activity that it used to be and I'm pretty sure that your Irish Open entries are off the table.

Comment

take these lads here on mewso you can do it. To get them flocking to it, t may I suggest you

Start a bookclub
                                                                                                                  DBC in the well
                                                                                                                  Have an online poker is rigged sticky (if you build it they will come)
                                                                                                                  have a Cork sticky
                                                                                                                  remove the tournament charter and bring the mystery back into poker tournys.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I'd have wagered good money on them asking you alright. But having said that they still have quite a bit of cheek to be asking you.

Why would you be bothered Brian? Seriously the mod thing is getting more and more like a job. All the people you know through poker are here. If you really want to be a mod I'm sure the lads would welcome you on board here.

Plus having said all that I'm pretty sure that you are 100% in the lads camp and understand the reasons they left and set this place up so why would you even consider undermining this? The Lloyd stuff was just the straw that broke the camels back and personally I'm disappointed that it became the final reason for the move but the result was inevitable and will bring a lot of benefits to the Irish poker scene.
                                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Up to you Muso, but I'd offer you one thing to think about before you make up your mind, remember the Live Tourney forum, I can't remember if it was as big back in your day, but it gave Dom, Lloyd and Kev lots of work, me and Laf rarely went near the place, and the chances of Laf going near it is slim... most if not all work in modding Poker these days would be in there and if you're not naturally into that, then bleuch!!

Other than that it's upto yourself really, you started the forum and I'm sure you have deep feelings for the place. I would advise you having a good long chat with Dev/Laf/r3n/Silverfish etc. about the place and what they expect. I'm not sure if you've kept an eye on the mod forum the last few months/ years, but modding is a different beast to what it used to be (no disrespect to the sterling job you do in Unreal ). Us leaving along with all the other resignations might help change it slightly, but more than likely it'll be back to normal in 6 months, but I'd find out what they expect from you beforehand.

PM me if you have anything specific you were wondering about.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X