Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish winner in prizefighter tonight. Travelling community getting back into boxing it seems

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox1a8HvyaQY[/ame]

Kicks in @30secs

Comment

I can't bear to watch the end of Sling Blade
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
          What kicks in exactly, more tosh?

I lasted up until 54 secs.
          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
            What kicks in exactly, more tosh?

I lasted up until 54 secs.
            Not a fan of the song either but thought the face thing was cool.

Comment

TG knocked out in 13th in EMOP Italy for €5k

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                Not a fan of the song either but thought the face thing was cool.
                The face thing is what I was referring to.

Comment

The face thing is what I was referring to.
                  Lol, ah well guess we'll just agree to disagree!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    No meat, chick pea and spices. These were bought in the shopping, i will have look for the meat mix next time i am in town and in need of some food ! Indian ?
                    I appear to have left out the crucial word "can." Falafel is always veggie, when you have meat in it it's a shawarma. I think of it as being Lebanese. And now I come to think of it it is with lamb not beef.

Are there any good Lebanese type places in Dublin actually? Haven't eaten it in a while. Although I had some nice hummus in Cornucopia recently on Wicklow Street, it's a great little, buzzing, vegetarian place with tasty, cheap food. And I'm not at all a vegetarian type person.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_GNu8jaSA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-rR194axPc&feature=fvw[/ame]
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post

Very "that bird from saved-by-the-bell esque".

Can't remember her name due to beer consumption though
                        Tiffani Amber Thiessen.
                        Good call, very similar.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

BBC2 right now is pretty cool.

"Guitar Heroes of the BBC"

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                            Think Big Brother starts soon...
                            Yay.
                            Best sporting event of the year

Good betting heat though.
                            Winner will be white (or black brought up on white middle class ideals like Brian Belo).
                            Winner will be Under 30 years of age.
                            Winner will be straight (or non threatening gay like Brian Dowling).
                            Winner will be of slim to normal build.
                            Winner will be in house from the start.
                            Winner will have no political views.

C4 will give us a house of about 20 feminists, blackittude gangstas, fat chicks, religious nutters, crossdressers etc.

And about 3 people who correspond to the basic template of a winner.

Comment

it's been a while since old spice got rejuvinated this good

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE[/ame]

Comment

Overlay alert on ipoker..

ECOOP VI sat in 12 mins - 10 x $325 tickets gtd if 10 players - only 3 reg;d so far for a $25rebuy

Comment

ohh, very well played sir.

Just what I was in the humour for after all that eurotrash.

Class.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                    What are we following next? London fashion week or some shit
                                    Britain's Got Talent live semi-finals start Monday and go on all week.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      Overlay alert on ipoker..

ECOOP VI sat in 12 mins - 10 x $325 tickets gtd if 10 players - only 3 reg;d so far for a $25rebuy
                                      I was just looking at that, only 1 seat guaranteed though?

Comment

7's season started today in texas and as best team in texas we had to appear at the season opening tournament. it was around 35 degrees and i played 4 20 min 7's games in 3 hours while starting to drink from 9.30 am, never felt so bad in my life after last game, couldnt bring myself to take boots off or do anything apart from sweat until there was no sweat left in me.

fucking awful and makes it even worse that its gonna get another 10 degrees hotter with the humidity well over 90. fun times ahead for me.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                          Britain's Got Talent live semi-finals start Monday and go on all week.
                                          You got any thoughts on it so far??
                                          Chris Stone looks value to me at 12s atm.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksy6JuRNOCw[/ame]
                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I was just looking at that, only 1 seat guaranteed though?
                                            I reg'd for about 10 different sats and got them mixed up. Are you sure? Was cancelled anyway so cant check

Comment

I reg'd for about 10 different sats and got them mixed up. Are you sure? Was cancelled anyway so cant check
                                              Yeah, it was a sat into the $325, 10 seat guaranteed $2.5k ecoop sat.

Comment

CROSSROADS-was talking to someone about this film a couple of days ago-i really liked it back in the 80s- it still looks and feels like the 80s, but i love this scene, and it's probably ralph macchios best film

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0QKbnCDW94[/ame]

Comment

It has been a while...

The story

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7O9AK2sfYs[/ame]

And the song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqiPy99yTCo&feature=related[/ame]
                                                  Last edited by oleras; 30-05-10, 00:49.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Only just noticed eddie is banned, can someone give me short summary please

perma or temporary?
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

cant get my youtube link to embed .

right click , copy embed html, click insert link paste embed . wtf am i doing wrong ?
                                                      Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 30-05-10, 00:50.
                                                      I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.. Tom Waits

I have been told if i see some trouble to call 911, I think it's quicker to call 3 Fifty 7 .....RL Burnside

Comment

currently watching Boondock Saints II All Saints Day. Rita from Dexter is in it
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

@bob^^^
                                                          just copy the link in address bar
                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzC_rGX-XyM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

i did it totally different when doing the musical sheep , when are you stateside dougee, waiting for a call from joe the doorman fancy a spin up tonight with the sickos.
                                                            I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.. Tom Waits

I have been told if i see some trouble to call 911, I think it's quicker to call 3 Fifty 7 .....RL Burnside

Comment

Originally posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
                                                              i did it totally different when doing the musical sheep , when are you stateside dougee, waiting for a call from joe the doorman fancy a spin up tonight with the sickos.
                                                              Think if you copy youtube irl straight into a post here it does it directly, not on any other forum I've seen though

I am heading to Italy and Spain Tuesday for a few days break(tiring life)
                                                              Had a falling out with your old bestest bud so I won't be in there again for a while I reckon, enjoy though!
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Fairytale stuff i know, BUT... good or bad investment ? The fact i would hang them and not keep them locked away may impact the answers.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                  currently watching Boondock Saints II All Saints Day. Rita from Dexter is in it
                                                                  Just want to say that because of this film I no longer like this actress!

Also, when you bless yourself do you not go. Head, Abdomen, Left chest, Right chest

They go right before left in the film(other characters go left before right) so I googled it to see and found this

Used it be different?
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                    is she from munich as well? german guy i'm friends with was telling me that he went out with with some model that's going out with a one of the munich players (name meant nothing to me obv so i promptly forgot it!), wonder if that's the one.
                                                                    Schweinsteigers gf is indeed from Munich according to this.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                      Greece second in first semi final.

Turkey scoop second. BOOM.
                                                                      Lol, ploughed into those tips you posted the last few days and landed home to see I'm 1k richer!
                                                                      Good man. Already donated to some randoms on kiva.org in your honour.

Comment

Ffs just found out my local 24 hour deli now closes at 3am, now where am I meant to go when I'm dying for a hot chicken roll at 5 in the morning. This is the worst day of my life.

Comment

Comment

All day session at Blues festival up north today get in!

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                              All day session at Blues festival up north today get in!
                                                                              Linky?

Comment

Dedicated to the International Guinness Blues on the Bay Festival, Warrenpoint, artists appearing and blues news n craic!

Comment

http://www.bluesonthebay.co.uk/index.html

Was at it friday night, great atmosphere. Gonna be lovely weather in warrenpoint too by the looks of it today.
                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Nice one, gets me right in the mood for this tonight
                                                                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQl6g-jrFYk[/ame]
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                      http://www.bluesonthebay.co.uk/index.html

Was at it friday night, great atmosphere. Gonna be lovely weather in warrenpoint too by the looks of it today.
                                                                                      To be honest mainly just planning going the marine and getting on it love how cheap warrenpoint is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Nice one, gets me right in the mood for this tonight
                                                                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQl6g-jrFYk
                                                                                        Lucky you,spoiled ye are up there.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                          Schweinsteigers gf is indeed from Munich according to this.
                                                                                          http://www.zimbio.com/Sarah+Brandner...+Midfielder+Gf
                                                                                          That, AND he won the eurovision? sick life.

Comment

Off to Spain for two weeks. Bye bye

Comment

????

Bit of help req'd . Im trying to print out invatations on a4 card paper (4 to a sheet) . The problem is when it comes out there is about an inch of the print missing , but when i put in plain paper it comes out fine. ive jiggled around with the settings for the different paper but still no joy.
                                                                                              Any ideas???

Comment

Ship it Germany, deffo a lock to win it. can't believe the lack of support fro them on here,

Now i Quiros wins in madrid it's will be a great weekend financially.

Comment

I just installed what i thought was a new update on my laptop, but it fked it up, especially the graphics because the max resolution after the update was 1280x800. I did a system restore and it looks to working fine now fingers crossed.

From now on, should i just stay away from prompted system updates. Maybe i had a later update than was prompted, but i always presumed that they would be the latest update on the market? Here's what was installed and my system info just incase anyone knows. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                    Bit of help req'd . Im trying to print out invatations on a4 card paper (4 to a sheet) . The problem is when it comes out there is about an inch of the print missing , but when i put in plain paper it comes out fine. ive jiggled around with the settings for the different paper but still no joy.
                                                                                                    Any ideas???
                                                                                                    Seems like the default margins are set like this. To change them to get closer to the edge click file/page setup/margins then you should be able to see the margins from the top/bottom/left/right and type in lower numbers to get closer to the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                      Ship it Germany, deffo a lock to win it. can't believe the lack of support fro them on here,

obv turned out to be wrong, but i just didn't think europe would vote for a german winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

i had the Germans. never bet against them at anything!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                          obv turned out to be wrong, but i just didn't think europe would vote for a german winner.
                                                                                                          Also with every year the performances on the night become more and more worthless from a voting perspective. People have their minds made up who they are going to vote for before the performances. With youtube, twitter, and all the publicity surrounding the events, it really doesn't matter what you do on the night.

I thought the German performance was very average last night, it didn't sound anything like it does on record (where it's not horrendous and is very current) but live it sounded like a really drunk foreigner doing Lily Allen on karaoke. However she was an already established act, who had self-promoted herself massively around Europe before the contest, and was a youtube/internet sensation. You could say the Turks fitted this profile too, but with a sound that was a lot less mainstream than the winner.

For next year the key trends for me will be an act established massively in their home country as well as surrounding countries, big youtube hits, and young/attractive.

Comment

Looks to me that the genuinely best song/artiste/performance tends to break through the Eastern European bloc voting and win.

A lot of self pity in RTE today about how as an isolated island we can't compete with those countries who have local-neighbour-bloc-voting going on.
                                                                                                            Doesn't quite explain how we get 70 points less than the likes of Iceland, Israel, Portugal, who have zero or one neighbour as well.

We have no baseline figure, send something rubbish and we get zero, whereas if Russia send something rubbish they get 50 points regardless.
                                                                                                            But send some decent (Eurovision decent) and it can be won, as usually tailed-off-last Germany prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                              Speaking of Eurovision, 4/10 of the last winners have come from Scandinavia. They're very shameless with their block voting for each other so I reckon Sweeden and Denmark are good shouts for top 3 tonight and Final top 4 market!
                                                                                                              Pretty sick sweat for Denmark top 4 last night. Full 12 points from first two countries I thought I was cruising and didn't even bother laying off because I thought it was such a cert. Cue the greatest decline since Newcastle under Keegan. They where sixth coming into the last vote count and boom ship fourth place by the skin of their teeth
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Good to see Tom Huddlestone start for England. I was LOL'd at in the soccer forum earlier this year when I said he should be in the first 11 not to mind the squad. Their balance looks as good as I've seen from England today. Replace Walcott with Gerrard/Milner and Bent with Crouch and they have their best 11 today!
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I just installed what i thought was a new update on my laptop, but it fked it up, especially the graphics because the max resolution after the update was 1280x800. I did a system restore and it looks to working fine now fingers crossed.

From now on, should i just stay away from prompted system updates. Maybe i had a later update than was prompted, but i always presumed that they would be the latest update on the market? Here's what was installed and my system info just incase anyone knows. Cheers
                                                                                                                  I'm not an expert on this stuff, still trying to figure it out myself. With that in mind, and assuming you just did a regular windows update:

(1) I've never heard of windows system updates adjusting graphics settings, but windows is notoriuosly bad at dealing with driver updates. It's possible that if you go to the graphics card manufacturers website and get their latest driver that it will fix this.

(2) I wouldn't ignore windows updates, because they have security patches. If you want, I think you can tell it to just get the critical upgrades. That might lead to other problems tho, not sure.

Good luck.

Comment

Was just up at Lazares market there, some nice stuff and well priced. Recommend it if anyone is around the area. Also prob shouldn't say this but if that is Mrs Lazare on the till VWP Sir. This sandfire better taste good in my curry now!!

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                        Looks to me that the genuinely best song/artiste/performance tends to break through the Eastern European bloc voting and win.

A lot of self pity in RTE today about how as an isolated island we can't compete with those countries who have local-neighbour-bloc-voting going on.
                                                                                                                        Doesn't quite explain how we get 70 points less than the likes of Iceland, Israel, Portugal, who have zero or one neighbour as well.

We have no baseline figure, send something rubbish and we get zero, whereas if Russia send something rubbish they get 50 points regardless.
                                                                                                                        But send some decent (Eurovision decent) and it can be won, as usually tailed-off-last Germany prove.
                                                                                                                        Meh, I disagree with this.

Germany received the following votes from their bordering countries involved in voting:

Denmark: 12 points
                                                                                                                        Poland: 7 points
                                                                                                                        Switzerland: 12 points
                                                                                                                        France: 3 points
                                                                                                                        Belgium: 10 points
                                                                                                                        The Netherlands: 4 points

Average: 8 points

Germany scored 198 points from the other 33 nations, averaging 6 points from every non bordering nation. So the "neighbour" effect was still very much in play for Germany.

I think The C Kid got it right last night when he said that even if we sent over U2 we wouldn't win. RTE have a right to feel hard done by, they sent over a solid song and performer and should have expected a top half finish all things being equal.
                                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                          I think The C Kid got it right last night when he said that even if we sent over U2 we wouldn't win.
                                                                                                                          yeah, but what about if we sent someone good?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X