This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
    lol i can't believe i just reported someone for trolling and spoiling my thread in the ct forum on boards.
    god thats mad alltogether ted so it tis

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

what time is the rugby on today??

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
        Has anyone been to Sicily,specifically Trepani?

I could use a few tips on places to stay please.
        Im currently in Malta for the week considering a day trip for €100 not sure if its worth the bother !

Thats not much help to you tho !
        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Take a bow Charlie Adam.

Play-offs are so good to watch.

Comment

Lively start to the play off final

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
              Im currently in Malta for the week considering a day trip for €100 not sure if its worth the bother !

Thats not much help to you tho !
              Good stuff,enjoy it.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

On the final table of $10rebuy on ipoker if anyone fancies a rail. $4.5K gtd

currently 3/9 $1.2K ftw

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

currently 3/9 $1.2K ftw
                  Whats the s/n?
                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

currently 3/9 $1.2K ftw
                    whats your sn

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                      Whats the s/n?
                      KevIRL1

Comment

Have it up now but GF just asked me to come over to drink in her garden cause I have beer there

Comment

lol no worries, am distrerssingly card dead anyway

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                            Have it up now but GF just asked me to come over to drink in her garden cause I have beer there
                            aahhhh young love

Comment

This play-off final is awesome!

Comment

Brilliant stuff!

Could finish 6-5 this one

Comment

great championship game on atm, 3-2 to blackpool - would love to see them get promoted.

Comment

Funny article that chimes with some of the anti barcelona sentiment that went around last week: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...s-barney-ronay

Comment

Brilliant stuff!

Could finish 6-5 this one
                                      you gotta think bigger kev

got you up atm looking good

Comment

Cracking game so far, as to be expected! Hopefully theres a few more goals in it.

EDIT- GL kev ship it

Comment

GL Kev!!

Comment

nice turn Kev, gl

Comment

should have just open jammed that kev

but nh either

Comment

You're sucking diesel now Kev as we say up the country. Nice 88 hand.

GL.

Comment

My sister is doing a masters in fashion buying and is struggling with two questions on the paper.

Would anyone take a look at them and maybe just do quick sample answers for me for both. I'll throw on a 25 quid bet for them on a bet of their choosing.

The questions are on investment projects (payback method and NPV method) and wage budgeting. I've googled them and have a bit of an idea, but she would definitely benefit from seeing the answers done step by step.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                    My sister is doing a masters in fashion buying and is struggling with two questions on the paper.

Would anyone take a look at them and maybe just do quick sample answers for me for both. I'll throw on a 25 quid bet for them on a bet of their choosing.

The questions are on investment projects (payback method and NPV method) and wage budgeting. I've googled them and have a bit of an idea, but she would definitely benefit from seeing the answers done step by step.

Thanks in advance.
                                                    I think a pic of your sister would have to be put up first

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Question 5

The following data is supplied relating to two investment projects, only one of which may be selected
                                                        Project Project A Project B

Initial capital Expenditure 260,000 207,000

Cash Inflows

Year 1 55,000 46,000

Year 2 96,000 84,000

Year 3 85,000 72,000

Year 4 60,000 51,000

Year 5 41,000 33,000

Estimated residual value 37,000 5,000

The cost of capital is 8% (Present value tables attached)
                                                        Required:

Evaluate each investment project using
                                                        the Payback method and
                                                        (ii) the Net Present Value (NPV) method (12 marks)
                                                        What recommendations would you make based on your analysis above? Give reasons (5 marks)
                                                        Outline the advantages and disadvantages of each of these methods of investment appraisal and state which of them is considered to be superior ( 8 marks)

Comment

Question 6

Optimist Retailers operates four retail stores based in Dublin suburban shopping centres. The following staffing levels are standard for each of its stores:

Opening Hours

Mon/Tue/Wed (0900-1800 hrs) - 2 staff on duty at all times

Thurs & Friday (0900-2100 hrs) - 3 staff on duty at all times

Saturday (0900-1800 hrs) - 3 staff on duty at all times

Sunday (1200-1800 hrs) - 2 staff on duty at all times

Each store employs a manager who is rostered for duty for 40 hours per week and is paid at a gross rate of €20 per hour. Two full time employees are rostered for 40 hours each per week and are paid an average gross rate of €12.50 per hour. Part time staff are rostered for the remaining hours required to complete the weekly roster and are paid an average gross rate of €9.00 per hour. In addition the company budgets for Employer PRSI costs, employer pension contribution and holiday pay at 30% of the gross pay cost.

Store turnover levels:

Store 1 - Last year’s sales €17,500 per week – a 20% reduction is budgeted for this year.

Store 2 – Last year’s sales €22,500 per week – a 15% reduction budgeted for this year.

Store 3 – last year’s sales €15,000 per week – a 25% reduction budgeted for this year.

Store 4 – last year’s sales €21,000 per week – a 10% reduction budgeted for this year
                                                          Required:

Prepare a standard weekly wages budget ( 12 marks)
                                                          If the company has a target labour budget of a maximum of 18% of store sales, calculate the labour cost as a percentage of store sales for each store for last year and for the budgeted level for this year and comment on the results. (Assume that the rosters have not changed and gross wage rates are unchanged). ( 8 marks)
                                                          What proposals, if any, could be considered in order to contain labour costs within the targeted level for the coming year? ( 5 marks)
                                                          Total 25 marks

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                            I think a pic of your sister would have to be put up first
                                                            Unfortunately if I did, there would be a queue of degens offering help amongst other things.

Comment

At least hitch-hiker will only want to cuddle her!

Comment

Unfortunately if I did, there would be a queue of degens offering help amongst other things.
                                                                But it is help you are looking for so if a picture helps why not post

Comment

Kev I'll ship you $5 if you KO that gobshite to your right

GLGL
                                                                  It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post

GLGL
                                                                    lol waiting my chance. I did have the A that time on the AAA flop

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post

GLGL
                                                                      shipping $5 to The C Kid for a pic of his sister would be a better investment imo

Comment

Anybody else like this after PacMan?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohvd2pMmoyY[/ame]
                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

time to hit the beer and bbq i think

Comment

Cheerio

Comment

urrrrrgh

Comment

Cheerio
                                                                                Niceeeeeeeee, he was headache n a 1/2...pm me your details! TID
                                                                                It's all an illusion

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                                                                                  I've a finance exam tomorrow, can ship you over some notes on investment appraisal if you would like. Don't have a clue about wage budgeting.

I'll do that sample question out for her as well.

Pm me email addy if you want.
                                                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

C Kid I('m pretty sure) can do 5 but not 6. If you want me to do out q5 pm me...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      arse, things are blocked again
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/newreply.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8n DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.irishpokerboards.com Port 80
                                                                                      I sent him a pm awhile ago about it, he said he could but i tried again and was still getting that error message.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                        C Kid I('m pretty sure) can do 5 but not 6. If you want me to do out q5 pm me...
                                                                                        Half way through Q5, doing it on an excell sheet and well email it over to C kid in about five mins.

Strange that I was helping out Hitchhikers (think it was him) Mrs on strategic management last Thursday, your sister with finance today. Anybody's mother looking for answers to and strategic marketing questions? I have that on Tuesday and am open to helping out daughters (once they are of legal age) with any tax related questions for Wednesday.

Comment

meh 3rd for $450. Not bad, but should of been better.

Now to get some sun

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            I sent him a pm awhile ago about it, he said he could but i tried again and was still getting that error message.
                                                                                            a little workaround there now
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                              Half way through Q5, doing it on an excell sheet and well email it over to C kid in about five mins.

Strange that I was helping out Hitchhikers (think it was him) Mrs on strategic management last Thursday, your sister with finance today. Anybody's mother looking for answers to and strategic marketing questions? I have that on Tuesday and am open to helping out daughters (once they are of legal age) with any tax related questions for Wednesday.
                                                                                              Right grand sure, C Kid has no need for two copies so I'll just let you do it! Probably better off anyway, my exam in it was on Monday, I've surely forgotten a fair chunk of it since then!

Comment

a little workaround there now
                                                                                                Yeah just seen that and Dom said he will make an announcement on it in a bit.

Comment

had to go away there

nice, 3rd place i see
                                                                                                  what happened kev? cunts get it in bad against you and suked out

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                                    had to go away there

nice, 3rd place i see
                                                                                                    what happened kev? cunts get it in bad against you and suked out
                                                                                                    JJ no good against A7 first up 3 handed. Then my A7 no good against Q10 a bit later

Ah well

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                      Yeah just seen that and Dom said he will make an announcement on it in a bit.
                                                                                                      dunno if that is what he was talking about but I figured that might work
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Beat : Bangkok cancellled
                                                                                                        Brag: Spain for 2 weeks booked today.
                                                                                                        Variance: could be worse!

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                          Beat : Bangkok cancellled
                                                                                                          Brag: Spain for 2 weeks booked today.
                                                                                                          Variance: could be worse!
                                                                                                          why you cancel?
                                                                                                          just fly to the islands,

Comment

Blackpool up . Wanted it to be forrest but when they lost I was going for blackpool

Wondering how long until "pool" will refer to them instead of that shite other team
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Nice score Kev!

BBV help required?

Mrs Ste05's Hen is next week and I've been asked to do up questions about us for a quiz they're having at it and I'm stuck on 10! Google only has questions that I answer and she has to see if she can match them instead of questions about us as a couple.

So does anyone have any ideas?

The questions I have ATM for ideas are:

What year did they meet?
                                                                                                              What is childs Birthday?
                                                                                                              Where was child conceived?
                                                                                                              What is the full name of the town where they are getting married?
                                                                                                              Where did they first sleep in the same bed together?
                                                                                                              How many houses have they lived in?
                                                                                                              Where was their first foreign holiday together?
                                                                                                              How many pets do they have?

Any ideas??

Comment

...
                                                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 22-05-10, 16:04.
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                  why you cancel?
                                                                                                                  just fly to the islands,
                                                                                                                  Wasnt just my decision.

Comment

what does mrs ste call mr ste's willy?

Comment

Next up Rugby!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                        Payback is just how long the project will take to pay back the money invested. So Project 1 is 3.4 years (260 invested -55-96-85 in first three years = 24 remaining. take the year 4 return of 60 and work out the percentage that 24 is of it = 0.4).

NPV involves discounting the future cash flows (with the residual value being added to the Year 5 inflow). Formula for this is (cash flow)/(1+r)^n where r is the discount rate of 8% and n is the number of years in the future, and ^ stands for 'to the power of'. So e.g. the year 4 cash flow will have a current value of 60,000/(1.08^4) = €44,101.79. The rule is that you bring all cash flows back to today's values and if the inflows are greater than the initial investment then it's a good investment. You would choose between the two Projects based on which has the higher NPV.

In this case Project 1 has an NPV of €37,893 and Project 2 has an NPV of €28,114, so we would go with Project 1 as our investment choice. Key thing is no matter what payback says we always go with NPV as it takes into account the fact that money in the future is worth less than money now.

Main advantage of payback is that it is easy to use and understand and thus used quite a bit for smaller investment decisions. But NPV is always the best method, even if it's a bit more complicated to calculate.

Know there are lists of advantages and disadvantages of each method, but don't have them near me at the moment to remember what they are.

EDIT: ah see a few of ye are doing the question. Will be slightly embarassed if wrong, given that I teach it!
                                                                                                                        I got higher NPV's then you.... did you addback the residual value in year 5?

Comment

what does mrs ste call mr ste's willy?
                                                                                                                          I'll go for A) Mr Johnson.
                                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X