Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone has you on block/ignore and you try to send them a PM will you get a warning that they won't get that PM?

Comment

Class, hope it hasnt been posted already

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE[/ame]

Comment

City of God starting in 15mins on Film 4, a must see.

Comment

this is where its at

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWxbKqilvHs&feature=related[/ame]

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
            Sure is, a fantastic film. Probably better off it you record it and watch it a little earlier in the day when you wont be playing poker or feeling tired seeing as you have to read it!

Comment

Ugh 3 hands into a cash game flop the nut straight against table tard and he manages to get their on the river, fucking redic!

Boom goodnight im out of there, fucking head is wrecked at the moment, time to take a little break maybe.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Not a bad beat at all but pretty LOL.
                When the run is bad it's very very bad!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 40 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t5030)
                UTG (t6813)
                UTG+1 (t6432)
                MP1 (t13665)
                MP2 (t7992)
                MP3 (t21576)
                CO (t21468)
                Hero (Button) (t6375)
                SB (t9092)

Hero's M: 7.87

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, K
                6 folds, Hero bets t6335 (All-In), SB raises to t9052 (All-In), BB calls t4690 (All-In)

Flop: (t18020) 10, J, 2 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: (t18020) 2 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: (t18020) 4 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t18020

Results:
                Hero had A, K (one pair, twos).
                SB had K, A (one pair, twos).
                BB had A, A (two pair, Aces and twos).
                Outcome: Hero won t1345, SB won t1345, BB won t15330

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    Fucking LOL RTE will show Lost at its scheduled time on Thursday night citing the qualification rounds of the Eurovision as the reason why it cant be moved. I shit you not!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking70.html
                    About time they moved the eurovision coverage to 5am imo.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                      Class film alright but so hard to watch while playing! Would be nice to have the subtitles in the chat box!

Comment

Comment

The Wire: Season 4. Done !

Great finale, really sets up the last season, no time like the present i guess !!

So far i think i would rate them 1, 4, 3 and 2 in order of greatness.

2 is always gona be at bottom yo.

edit: nice to finally hear Steve Earle sing the intro.
                          Last edited by oleras; 21-05-10, 00:33.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Pgodkin last night in answer to one of my inane football questions:

"Is there an 'e' in the word football?"

Champion imo.
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                              btw, think an Iranian girl, who was one of the people also interviewed for my job, is coming on to me. That's slightly weird, isn't it, given the religious background? meh, we're spending four days in Barcelona together at a conference at the end of June, .... let the dice roll as they see fit etc (provided that isn't against Islamic principles, which it surely is!).
                              Not all muslims are devoted to the religion.
                              Sex before marriage is "against" the Catholic church. Maybe she is on iranianpokerboards.com complaining about the Vatican

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I don't want to ruin season 5 but...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  Forbes 15 richest fictional characters:
                                  http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/13/ric..._slide_15.html
                                  Bitterly disappointed.
                                  V.poor from Forbes.
                                  1. There have been more that 14 billionaires in fiction
                                  2. Bruce wayne has more than $6.5b ffs
                                  3. As does Tony Stark
                                  4. Twillight GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    I don't want to ruin season 5 but...
                                    Ouch...straight in with the belly punch...you fight dirty !!!

I have heard whispers tbh, going on ep 1, seems very newspaper focused so far.

At least the fringe season finale is on tonight, looking forward to that !
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

BRAG: I just moved into a quality 2 bed apartment in the middle of Wellington, sharing with a hot 23 year old Brazilian chick who loves to cook and clean.

Arrived home from my ridiculously cushy well paid contracting job yesterday to be greeted by a beautiful meal, complete with copious vino. She made enough for lunch today which she duly packed for me.

She prepared a delicious freshly made smoothie for me before I left this morning, just before doing my laundry.

She also promises to introduce me to a whole array of weird and wonderful mind altering narcotics.

Baptised new bedroom last night with two good shags with hot American bisexual hippy girl.

BEAT: errr.... I have a bit of a cough.

Comment

Had one of the funniest conversations with a guy playing a PLO heads up sit an go, went something like....
                                          Him "of course the software flopped you a set, it wants the big stack to win"
                                          Me "why do you play if you think its rigged then"
                                          Him "I dont think its rigged, i just think the software gives us both big hands so the big stack wins to speed things up" etc. etc.

After i'd won then I said "GG" and he answered "not really m8, its was a game I could never win, the software wanted your username to win.

Ipoker likes me, its really likes me!!!

Comment

Absolute classic from RDIII in the poker sheep thread. Need to cross post here

Originally posted by Juan Pablo
                                            14. Who is the best poker player who is famous for his work in another profession?

No points here, move along

No score

Eli Elezra - outflank

Gay Laliberté - Eddie Durkan

Michael Greco - Nuck Chorris

Philip Andrew Babb - Mellor

Matt Damon - Flushdraw

Anthony Guy Cascarino - Schrapnel

DJ Spiral - RDIII
                                            Originally posted by Rigger
                                            One obv winnar in there, robbed.
                                            Without a shadow of a doubt. Best answer ever imo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHw3nbb6VEA[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                              move up levels imo

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t1200)
                                              Button (t10650)
                                              SB (t3045)
                                              Hero (BB) (t4725)
                                              UTG (t3805)
                                              MP (t2815)

Hero's M: 105.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
                                              2 folds, CO calls t30, 1 fold, SB calls t15, Hero bets t150, CO calls t120, 1 fold

Flop: (t330) 9, 6, 6 (2 players)
                                              Hero bets t450, CO calls t450

Turn: (t1230) 7 (2 players)
                                              Hero bets t2880, CO calls t600 (All-In)

River: (t2430) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t2430

He had 2s2 obv.. few times that has happened when i copy and paste from ftr
                                              You need to tick the box that says 'show results' and you'll always get the full HH

Comment

Interesting move Loyd

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Tony and JBravado in a few months..

"I will put the baby down shortly, just on the bubble of the $35k gtd on stars"

Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 21-05-10, 08:29.

Comment

Weird issue with me ol home laptop. I can't open control panel, I can't start explorer, I can't open any client software, but I can open Office and Google chrome only. My windows live care has stopped working and I've no way
                                                    Start it. I've tried opening in safe mode but you can't download anything in safe mode and in normal mode I can't connect To do a oncecare restore. WTF? I'm baffled. Does my laptoop have Cancer?
                                                    I won't be near it again till later tonight, any buffs got any ideas here?

Comment

head gasket's gone solksjaer
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                        Weird issue with me ol home laptop. I can't open control panel, I can't start explorer, I can't open any client software, but I can open Office and Google chrome only. My windows live care has stopped working and I've no way
                                                        Start it. I've tried opening in safe mode but you can't download anything in safe mode and in normal mode I can't connect To do a oncecare restore. WTF? I'm baffled. Does my laptoop have Cancer?
                                                        I won't be near it again till later tonight, any buffs got any ideas here?
                                                        Sounds to me like some sort of malware/spyware/virus problem. Can you run an antivirus scan? What security programs do you have?
                                                        First thing I would do is do every scan possible.

Also now that you are at work, you can put some stuff on a cd/dvd to bring home with you.

Are you using xp/vista/windows 7?
                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

hit Ctrl/alt/Del then click on "New Task" copy this in

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe

this will bring up the system restore program and you can go back to earlier date with that
                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Good blog post on what Craig Venter actually did if you are interested in seeing beyond the media frenzy.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Got an email from my brother there.

Remember that lad O'Shea from the now defunct 'Seoige and O'Shea' the daytime tv programme?

He beat me to a seat in a packed beer garden yesterday, it was The Church down the end of Henry St. The table appeared like a mirage, so i diagonally made my way for it but out of nowhere O'Shea popped up and claimed it fairly - i seen him check with his female companion as if to say 'this seat was good enough/this is ok isn't it' - yeah goddam right it's ok O'Shea - there's no other seats! Jokeshop!

Must have been a first date if hes looking for approval when its painfully obvious they were the only seats in town.

Comment

Originally posted by roundersBrother View Post
                                                                The table appeared like a mirage, so i diagonally made my way for it but out of nowhere O'Shea popped up and claimed it fairly - i seen him check with his female companion as if to say 'this seat was good enough/this is ok isn't it' - yeah goddam right it's ok O'Shea
                                                                Bloody hell, theres two of ye who write like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                  hit Ctrl/alt/Del then click on "New Task" copy this in

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe

this will bring up the system restore program and you can go back to earlier date with that
                                                                  cool thanks.

thanks also Eagle eye.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Bloody hell, theres two of ye who write like that.
                                                                    You have no idea how intricate the analysis on the mundane gets between the three of us.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      You have no idea how intricate the analysis on the mundane gets between the three of us.
                                                                      George, Gerry and Elaine IMO
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                        Can we get all lost convo moved to the spoilers thread next week? gonna watch it on the thursday night, and terrified of it being ruined for me, don't even want to hear if people enjoyed or disliked!
                                                                        lol, why don't you just not read IPB for a few days
                                                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          George, Gerry and Elaine IMO
                                                                          one of them has to be Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                            Without a shadow of a doubt. Best answer ever imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHw3nbb6VEA
                                                                            lol, whatever happened to him?

Comment

Just a small vent/report from a tournament i played in malta with loads of italian €550 buy in 45 min blinds 30k stack.

Played well at the start played loads of hands as i figured most guys would not be able to play 600bbs deep well. I got my stack up to 37k before going back down to 32k after 3 betting light and hitting a hand only to run into a set.

I had a table where i felt there was 4 fish, 3 average players and 2 good players one was a dutch guy who i felt was most likely a online pro.

My first big hand was AA utg at the 150-300 level, i raise to 925 and fish in mp makes it 3k and i shove which covers his 17k he calls with 1010. The dealer the proceeds on the slowest dealing of a board ever and shows me the 10d on the turn, even the other 10 in the deck on the turn would have gave me a flush draw.

Im now at 15 k and utg good dutch player opens to 1.6k in the same level and i 3bet to 4k only to see him shove and i fold. ( yes i am aware this is bad )

I spend the next hour between 10 and 14k before i make a blow up where i call a 1.5k raise in the 200-400 with 4h 6h and the flop is 6 7 8 he c bets 2.5k and i shove he calls with jj and goodbye me.

I would rarely let this frustration get to me but i think it was the loneliness of not having had a conversation all day with anyone. When i ussualy play a live tournament i run from table to table just looking at anything that goes on. I really never realised how mentally prepared i had to be for this. I found it very strange that they did not have a dinner break all day the game started at 1pm and a 15 minute break after every 3 levels and there was no food available at the table.
                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                Bitterly disappointed.
                                                                                V.poor from Forbes.
                                                                                1. There have been more that 14 billionaires in fiction
                                                                                2. Bruce wayne has more than $6.5b ffs
                                                                                3. As does Tony Stark
                                                                                4. Twillight GTFO
                                                                                They chop and change the list every year:

Bring back Lex Luthor FFS - probably the best character from any year's list!

Comment

speaking of fictional billionaires, when is that new Wall St film out?

Comment

Originally posted by spectre View Post
                                                                                    BRAG: I just moved into a quality 2 bed apartment in the middle of Wellington, sharing with a hot 23 year old Brazilian chick who loves to cook and clean.

Arrived home from my ridiculously cushy well paid contracting job yesterday to be greeted by a beautiful meal, complete with copious vino. She made enough for lunch today which she duly packed for me.

She prepared a delicious freshly made smoothie for me before I left this morning, just before doing my laundry.

She also promises to introduce me to a whole array of weird and wonderful mind altering narcotics.

Baptised new bedroom last night with two good shags with hot American bisexual hippy girl.

BEAT: errr.... I have a bit of a cough.
                                                                                    I always did hate you Bobby.

I have an instruction for you though. Pics or GTFO.

Apologies if this was posted since by someone else.

Comment

heh, she's probably working for those Brazilian organ harvesters - fattening him up before he wakes up in the morning with a nasty headache and a badly-sewn up wound

(at least this is what I would like to believe in order to assuage my feelings of jealousy)

Comment

Have I been done?

Bought 20 Marlboro lights/gold last night from a shop on Main St Dundrum. The shopkeeper handed me a soft pack the likes of which I've only seen in the States. I questioned this straight away as I've never ever gotten a soft pack in Ireland before. The shopkeeper said that he ordered Marlboro and thats what he received as they have the old branding. Marlboro have recently changed to new Marlboro Gold packaging. The soft pack appears to have the stamp duty sticker on them which is different from the new stamp duty sticker. The health warning on the soft pack is the exact same as on the pack of gold that I was finishing although the font size and type were smaller.

Has anyone here ever received a soft pack of Marlboro from a shop in Ireland or have I been done?

Images of soft pack and "new" Marlboro gold attached.

As an aside does anyone have an email address of cigarette distributors in Ireland as I'll take my enquiries there? Soft pack

Marlboro Gold

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          speaking of fictional billionaires, when is that new Wall St film out?
                                                                                          Not til end of September, should be good.

Was Mr. Byrnes a billionaire?

Comment

Fairly sure the word 'Lights'* hasn't been legal on cigarettes in Ireland in about 2 or 3 years. I used to smoke John Player Lights and they changed the name to John Player Bright Blue because of this years ago (it must be about 3 years since I bought cigs in Ireland).
                                                                                            So my guess is you've been done.

* because it implies they are less harmful or something.

Comment

heh, she's probably working for those Brazilian organ harvesters - fattening him up before he wakes up in the morning with a nasty headache and a badly-sewn up wound

(at least this is what I would like to believe in order to assuage my feelings of jealousy)
                                                                                              Or maybe do a Dave Colclough on his hair to pass him off as an albino and fedex him to Uganda.

Comment

Hmm so spectres housemate is a great cook, a stunning Brazillian , a bisexual with an indepth knowledge of recreational fun pill/plants and he has his dream job.

A pal of mine had similar experience, you might know him , goes by the name of Walter Mitty.

*seriously though WP.

Comment

I generally have a pretty low opinion of a lot of live music, but hurts were just sublime last night. pity it was such a short set.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                    Or maybe do a Dave Colclough on his hair to pass him off as an albino and fedex him to Uganda.
                                                                                                    the red hair is spooky enough already

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                      Not til end of September, should be good.

Was Mr. Byrnes a billionaire?
                                                                                                      all the critics are slating it. story lines look dire. only reason we'll watch it will be to see how bad it really is (and a bit of nostalgia).

Comment

Is there any way one can run two ipoker clients on the laptop at the same time?

Comment

Sexy Brazilian

Sexy Yank Hippy

Comment

ban

quick

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                              The Wire: Season 4. Done !

Great finale, really sets up the last season, no time like the present i guess !!

edit: nice to finally hear Steve Earle sing the intro.
                                                                                                              Wait till you go back and watch it all for the second time you will pick up on so much little stuff you missed first time round.

lol, whatever happened to him?
                                                                                                              He has been back in the SE a few times over the last while, one of the regs was slagging him off one night and didnt realise his brother was sitting at the table, when he found out he just burst out laughing

Also afaik he was in a fight in the Fitz a few weeks back.
                                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                Sexy Brazilian

SPOILER

Sexy Yank Hippy

SPOILER
                                                                                                                OK so you have to bone one of the above or your family gets killed, which do you do?*

*Yes, I have the mind of a sixteen year-old.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Wreck; 21-05-10, 10:26.
                                                                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

There was a change in the branding of cigarettes as "lights" because of an EU ruling. The thinking being that "light" cigarettes would be perceived as being less harmful than "full strength" cigarettes. Marlboro Lights were still being sold in shops up to January of this year though.

The shopkeeper (possibly owner) in said shop is a smarmy fucker too which only adds to my suspicion

Comment

I want to play at Bobbys room.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      all the critics are slating it. story lines look dire. only reason we'll watch it will be to see how bad it really is (and a bit of nostalgia).
                                                                                                                      Balls, i'll just stick on Boiler Room again so and quote along with Vin Diesel quoting Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by tonc76 View Post

Has anyone here ever received a soft pack of Marlboro from a shop in Ireland or have I been done?

Images of soft pack and "new" Marlboro gold attached.
                                                                                                                        You have being ripped off but in a good way imo. I love those white tips.
                                                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                          I generally have a pretty low opinion of a lot of live music, but hurts were just sublime last night. pity it was such a short set.
                                                                                                                          So annoyed I couldn't go! How many songs did they play? Just the 3 or did they have any new songs??

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X