This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    how the fck do i get my tunes from my itunes to my iphone?
    Left hand side of itunes should say "My iPhone" or whatever you have named your phone.

Click thatm then click music tab along the top, make sure "Entire Music Library" is ticked, and click Apply/Sync

Comment

for the fitz DC tonight can you take all the chips at the start or do you have to wait till you lose your first stack?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Forbes 15 richest fictional characters:

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
            Left hand side of itunes should say "My iPhone" or whatever you have named your phone.

Click thatm then click music tab along the top, make sure "Entire Music Library" is ticked, and click Apply/Sync
            I think you might need to ask at this stage if the usb cable is plugged in!!
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

LOL Fianna Gheyl.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-05-10, 16:09.

Comment

any one else going to hurts tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                    btw, think an Iranian girl, who was one of the people also interviewed for my job, is coming on to me. That's slightly weird, isn't it, given the religious background? meh, we're spending four days in Barcelona together at a conference at the end of June, .... let the dice roll as they see fit etc (provided that isn't against Islamic principles, which it surely is!).

EDIT: 'together at a conference' doesn't mean 'together' - we'll just both be at the same conference!

Aren't you married?

Comment

btw, think an Iranian girl, who was one of the people also interviewed for my job, is coming on to me. That's slightly weird, isn't it, given the religious background? meh, we're spending four days in Barcelona together at a conference at the end of June, .... let the dice roll as they see fit etc (provided that isn't against Islamic principles, which it surely is!).

EDIT: 'together at a conference' doesn't mean 'together' - we'll just both be at the same conference!
                      Stay away from those types, this one time in band camp I was shagging an iranian chick and she put her tongue in my wear and starting screaming like an Apache. It took me 3 weeks to get my hearing back.

Comment

Comment

Can we get all lost convo moved to the spoilers thread next week? gonna watch it on the thursday night, and terrified of it being ruined for me, don't even want to hear if people enjoyed or disliked!
                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

How low can she go http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BIR.IR
                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              I think Brothers in Arms was the first album I ever bought

ty EE
                              Unfortunately I go back as far as Adam and the Ants for that

Brothers in Arms was however the first CD that we had in the house. The next few I remember us buying were BAD and a Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits. Oh the memories...
                              sigpic
                              www.d4events.com

Comment

eh, I got some music from my cousin, and now i cant figure out how to import it into iTunes.

go on, help me
                                Open itunes and go to your library, click in the middle somewhere and press control + O (the letter) browse and find the music you want on your ipod. You may have to set your itunes to manually manage your music first, you can find this in the tool bar somewhere.

Comment

noel u might manage a bit better with this
                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

hmm, i did this. figured i was doing something wrong. ty.
                                    Working now though?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                      for the fitz DC tonight can you take all the chips at the start or do you have to wait till you lose your first stack?
                                      Anytime after the first hand until the break.

Comment

She has a bit of something undefinable about her

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                          eh, to the rights price?
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Craig Venter has created an artificial lifeform
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                              Is Breaking Bad a good enough series to devote my time to? Watched the 1st episode and thought it was very good but my mate who has watched most of the epidodes reckons they are very repetitive...
                                              Definitely.
                                              I only started watching it a couple of weeks ago and went through the 3 seasons in about 6 days. Very good show.
                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                Watching a luckychewy video on LeggoPoker, he gets raised on a pot and checks the location of raiser
                                                Munster

"Seems European, they're usually quite aggressive, I'll give him respect".

Just thought it was interesting that he knew/guessed Munster was European, and also that he can say that an entire continent of players are aggressive.

Why wouldn't a Lichtenberger know where Munster is?
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Some serious fun to be had here

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

You put in someone's mobile number, and choose their name or just a "Hi there", and they get a pre recorded phone call from Leinster players, Jennings McFadden Sexton Wright and McLaughlin.

There's a birthday message available if anyone has rugby fan friends' birthdays coming up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                      The dc jack will cost no more than €15 including delivery from UK, do not buy from a seller on ebay in the UK these days without checking his negative feedback as half the bastards are chinese based power sellers using a UK warehouse address and the deliveries are taking up to 3 weeks ime. Very easy to get caught out and then have to pay customs charges even though you were buying the item from the "UK".

As for the power jack repair. I have worked on quite a few different types of laptops and of all the brands dell are the hardest to replace the jack. I have not come across an XPS model yet as they aren't as popular as the Inspirons /Vostros/Dimensions but experience suggests that you will not be able to remove the old jack and solder a new one into place especially if you are a novice with soldering/hardware in general.

To do the actual repair you will need to fully disassemble the machine. You'd need small philips and flat head screwdrivers. Also a fine tipped soldering iron, a de-soldering pump, good quality solder, isopropyl alcohol or some other solvent and a small pliers.

Your best bet is to source the jack yourself so as to not get screwed on the price and bring it to a repair centre with a good reputation or give it to a mate who is nifty at that sort of thing. Unfortunately there is reasonable possibility too that the motherboard may have been damaged if the jack is broken completely from it's location/housing. If so then you would have to buy a new laptop as a motherboard would be more than €250 plus labour costs....

As for small claims court, a lot of customers we had in are taking HP/Harvey Norman/Other Retailers to small claims court over the HP Pavillion GPU failure that was mentioned a couple of pages back. FYI nobody has come back to me yet as to how they ended up.
                                                      Ok, I obviously won't be able to do it myself so! I'll order one of those parts (I guess this is it) and see if one of the computer repair places around here can fit it.

I've had problems with it for a good while now, for the last number of months it had to be plugged in because it wouldn't charge the battery, it came up as 'Plugged In, Not Charging', and when it wasn't the battery, charger or BIOS someone said it could be the power jack.

with regards to the small claims court thing, I have always had a very hot GPU, and its a known problem with this model. I guess if I can't get this fixed, I may as well put in a claim such is the small cost involved.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

move up levels imo

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t1200)
                                                        Button (t10650)
                                                        SB (t3045)
                                                        Hero (BB) (t4725)
                                                        UTG (t3805)
                                                        MP (t2815)

Hero's M: 105.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
                                                        2 folds, CO calls t30, 1 fold, SB calls t15, Hero bets t150, CO calls t120, 1 fold

Flop: (t330) 9, 6, 6 (2 players)
                                                        Hero bets t450, CO calls t450

Turn: (t1230) 7 (2 players)
                                                        Hero bets t2880, CO calls t600 (All-In)

River: (t2430) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t2430

He had 2s2 obv.. few times that has happened when i copy and paste from ftr

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                          Ok, I obviously won't be able to do it myself so! I'll order one of those parts (I guess this is it) and see if one of the computer repair places around here can fit it.

I've had problems with it for a good while now, for the last number of months it had to be plugged in because it wouldn't charge the battery, it came up as 'Plugged In, Not Charging', and when it wasn't the battery, charger or BIOS someone said it could be the power jack.

with regards to the small claims court thing, I have always had a very hot GPU, and its a known problem with this model. I guess if I can't get this fixed, I may as well put in a claim such is the small cost involved.

Thanks for your help!
                                                          You might be able to help the overheating issue with an update of the BIOS and roll back of the VGA driver to a generic windows one. We did this for a customer's 13" XPS a while back and it was a lot better as a result, that said, it is a different model and was on Vista. I am nearly positive it's a crap nvidia gpu akin to the trouble one that's in the HP one.

TBH if you came in with that power jack to me band said "fix it." I'd probably run you out the door :P They are pretty tricky to work on as there are so many pins and close together, I usually wake up sweating and crying the night after trying to fix one of them
                                                          Last edited by coillcam; 20-05-10, 19:50.

Comment

Song of the Summer?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Z3YrHJ1sU[/ame]

Comment

You might be able to help the overheating issue with an update of the BIOS and roll back of the VGA driver to a generic windows one. We did this for a customer's 13" XPS a while back and it was a lot better as a result, that said, it is a different model and was on Vista. I am nearly positive it's a crap nvidia gpu akin to the trouble one that's in the HP one.

TBH if you came in with that power jack to me band said "fix it." I'd probably run you out the door :P They are pretty tricky to work on as their are so many pins and close together, I usually wake up sweating and crying the night after trying to fix one of them
                                                              Yeah its a Nvidia GPU that's causing all the problems I believe, mine is an 8600gt IIRC.

I only updated to the latest BIOS a few weeks ago, and it didn't help at all. I mean, the base of the laptop would be roasting after its been on for half an hour or so. In fact the chassis has become slightly warped.

I got a number of a guy who might be able to help, I'll go around to him tomorrow and see what he thinks.

If it turns out it can't be fixed, is it possible to remove components of it and put them into a new laptop? It's just this one has a bluray player which I wouldn't want to see wasted! Of course hopefully this is just hypothetically speaking!

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                Yep I'd say so. was listening to the radio a few weeks back and the DJ was playing this for the first time and predicted the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                  Yeah its a Nvidia GPU that's causing all the problems I believe, mine is an 8600gt IIRC.

I only updated to the latest BIOS a few weeks ago, and it didn't help at all. I mean, the base of the laptop would be roasting after its been on for half an hour or so. In fact the chassis has become slightly warped.

I got a number of a guy who might be able to help, I'll go around to him tomorrow and see what he thinks.

If it turns out it can't be fixed, is it possible to remove components of it and put them into a new laptop? It's just this one has a bluray player which I wouldn't want to see wasted! Of course hopefully this is just hypothetically speaking!
                                                                  You can recycle the ram, cpu, hdd, and screen for any number of different laptops. But you would not sell them for a lot. Keyboard, disc drive, touchpad some of the chassis, heatsink, wifi card, screen bezel, power adapter and a few other bits and bobs that are model specific might get sold on ebay. Tbh there is not much value in it but it's still a few quid towards a new one

Comment

Best summer time tune YO

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_PDns23RWY[/ame]

Comment

You can recycle the ram, cpu, hdd, and screen for any number of different laptops. But you would not sell them for a lot. Keyboard, disc drive, touchpad some of the chassis, heatsink, wifi card, screen bezel, power adapter and a few other bits and bobs that are model specific might get sold on ebay. Tbh there is not much value in it but it's still a few quid towards a new one
                                                                      Thanks, but I was thinking more along the lines of taking the bluray out of the current one and putting it into a new laptop if I was to get one

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                        Take your pick if you dont mind buying from ikea

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/ca...kspaces/10725/

I sat in this one in one of the show rooms up there are was pretty good

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/20103101
                                                                        Sitting on this chair right now, it is very nice indeed.
                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Anybody got any experience with buying refurbished ps3's from smyths?

Come with six month guarantee but not sure whether to be skeptical or not?

Cheers
                                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                              Anybody got any experience with buying refurbished ps3's from smyths?

Come with six month guarantee but not sure whether to be skeptical or not?

Cheers
                                                                              I wouldn't be sceptical to be honest. If something is wrong with it, you will notice it within 6 months. Plus, they are fantastic machines.

Comment

some ol hailstorm all right, probably posted already

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Duqiw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Duqiw[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm7asLrWsl0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm7asLrWsl0&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                Last edited by Solskjaer; 20-05-10, 20:38.

Comment

That IRFU flunkie on Prime Time now is terrible. Avoiding questions and saying the same thing over and over again. One the other hand, Eamon Ryan is a bit of a twat.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    That IRFU flunkie on Prime Time now is terrible. Avoiding questions and saying the same thing over and over again. One the other hand, Eamon Ryan is a bit of a twat.
                                                                                    forget that dstuff thats hardly important theyt should do a prime time about all this IPR and Boyles thing!

Comment

Must be unreal tilting to be targeted continuously in that WW game. Ryanzo was taken out by a pot shot on night 1 of the last WW game, and tonight they string him up.

In 5 games himself and BrianByrne have survived the 1st night only once between them.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                        forget that dstuff thats hardly important theyt should do a prime time about all this IPR and Boyles thing!
                                                                                        whats the ipr and boyles thing??

another absolute poker type scandal

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post

Dont want to getting assused of stirring stuff up but.....................

Its all Fick we're all goin to die! 2012 cant come some enough

Comment

Forgot how good this is. Barn dance is pure gold.

Attached Files
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

its leaving room for a competitior to enter the market.....

Comment

Indiangiver poker is watching with interest.

A person who gives a gift, (literal or figurative) and then later takes or wants it back. This is NOT a nice thing to do!!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post

Dont want to getting assused of stirring stuff up but.....................

Its all Fick we're all goin to die! 2012 cant come some enough

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                  Forgot how good this is. Barn dance is pure gold.

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                  its leaving room for a competitior to enter the market.....
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                  Indiangiver poker is watching with interest.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...Indian%20Giver
                                                                                                  iam still confused

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

iam still confused
                                                                                                    Try reading the thread http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=4038

Then you can post tldr or whatnot
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                      Try reading the thread http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=4038

Then you can post tldr or whatnot
                                                                                                      was really trying to avoid this
                                                                                                      Last edited by Angry-Ball; 20-05-10, 21:45.

Comment

SkyOne to show the last episode of Lost 'live' next Monday at 5am.

Sky1 moves Lost finale to 5am on Monday, as a simulcast with ABC on the US west coast. By Jason Deans

Sky1 is to broadcast the finale of Lost at 5am on Monday 24 May, as a simulcast with ABC's broadcast on the US west coast.

The unprecedented scheduling move aims to prevent illegal internet downloads of the finale – and save UK fans of the show from having to spend five days dodging web spoilers.

Sky1 was planning to transmit the two-and-a-half hour finale to the US drama in its normal 9pm slot next Friday, 28 May, before today deciding to join broadcasters in six other countries in simulcasting the show.

Comment

Got the Beavis and Butthead boxset recently. Their video commentaries are far better than the actual episodes. This first one is so reminiscent of a lot of the hot chick talk that goes on here

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHNznfDYN2c[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz20prTED2w&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmP0EGBXlkA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmP0EGBXlkA[/ame]

1.16 bubbleking just before he retires from poker

Comment

Nice tune!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7sn1qK801o&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Sky1 moves Lost finale to 5am on Monday, as a simulcast with ABC on the US west coast. By Jason Deans

Sky1 is to broadcast the finale of Lost at 5am on Monday 24 May, as a simulcast with ABC's broadcast on the US west coast.

The unprecedented scheduling move aims to prevent illegal internet downloads of the finale – and save UK fans of the show from having to spend five days dodging web spoilers.

Sky1 was planning to transmit the two-and-a-half hour finale to the US drama in its normal 9pm slot next Friday, 28 May, before today deciding to join broadcasters in six other countries in simulcasting the show.
                                                                                                                The ads...good jasus, that would be tilting !!
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

never seen a 'Sexual Orientation' header on a CV before
                                                                                                                  Might be include that for the lolz.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  Forbes 15 richest fictional characters:
                                                                                                                  http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/13/ric..._slide_15.html
                                                                                                                  Can't believe they snubbed Rich Uncle Pennybags and insinuated the tooth fairy isn't real.
                                                                                                                  Starting to understand the appeal of that twighlight dude to the wimmen.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I think the river card should be renamed to the "Boom fuck you MegaSin" card.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

[/I]

Fucking LOL RTE will show Lost at its scheduled time on Thursday night citing the qualification rounds of the Eurovision as the reason why it cant be moved. I shit you not!

The finale of popular TV series Lost is to be broadcast by RTÉ on Thursday, four days after it is shown on Sky1 and number of other networks.

Sky today announced it would be airing the two and a half hour long episode at 5am on Monday in tandem with ABC’s world premiere broadcast of the programme on the US west coast.

It will also repeat the episode, entitled The End , at 9pm on Tuesday and in its regular slot at 9pm on Friday.

The unprecedented scheduling move appears to be a direct attempt to deter illegal internet streaming and downloads of the much anticipated finale of the show.

The move will also take pressure off fans to avoid news of how the cult series culminates for a number of days. The finale of the series, which began in 2004, will also be shown in tandem with the ABC broadcast by stations in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Israel, Turkey and Canada.

A spokeswoman for RTÉ television said the programme would be broadcast, as planned, at 10pm on RTÉ Two on Thursday May 27th.

She said being granted permission to air the show at an earlier time by its producer Disney was a factor in the decision.

She also said there was no earlier window available to broadcast the programme as it would clash with RTÉ’s coverage of the qualifying rounds for the Eurovision song contest in Norway.

Producers have promised fans of Lost a resolution to the numerous confusing storylines of the series, which has run for 121 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                        I think the river card should be renamed to the "Boom fuck you MegaSin" card.
                                                                                                                        sickaments

Comment

AA no good to KQ AIPF turn Q and BFYM card was of course a Q

AQ no good against 88 AIPF with A on the flop and turn with the BFYM card being of course an 8

That is just some of the fun tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X