This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
    Could the same not more or less be said of GAA at any level?
    Not in my experience really? I enjoy going to watch local championship games much more than watching UCD in Belfield.

Similarly, Id go watch Naas RFC before I'd go down to a Naas AFC match. I'd play soccer before any of the above though.

Suppose that says more about me than the sports themselves.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

This to go 5th with 44 left.
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 1500/3000 Blinds 400 Ante (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG (t326728)
      Hero (UTG+1) (t44401)
      MP1 (t108447)
      MP2 (t67976)
      CO (t67430)
      Button (t30790)
      SB (t56282)
      BB (t64490)

Hero's M: 5.77

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K, K
      1 fold, Hero bets t44001 (All-In), 1 fold, MP2 raises to t67576 (All-In), 4 folds

Flop: (t95702) 9, 8, 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t95702) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t95702) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t95702

Results:
      Hero had K, K (two pair, Kings and nines).
      MP2 had 10, 10 (straight, ten high).
      Outcome: MP2 won t95702

Sighaments

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
        Not in my experience really? I enjoy going to watch local championship games much more than watching UCD in Belfield.

Similarly, Id go watch Naas RFC before I'd go down to a Naas AFC match. I'd play soccer before any of the above though.

Suppose that says more about me than the sports themselves.
        I'm not saying they aren't enjoyable, but you aren't exactly gonna see Ronaldinho playing GAA. It seems to suffer from the same things people bash LOI football for and seems to be alot of long ball physical percentage game stuff, I don't see much free flowing football or examples of any real technique, look at the almost exclusive emphasis placed on fitness as outlined earlier. There's excitement in other ways, people like the intense action and there's lots of scoring but I'd argue the 'standard' is if anything lower than LOI. I remember watching Dublin have 16 wides in a big game once and thinking if Jason Byrne had to just hit a ball over the bar like that I doubt he'd get 16 wides in a season.

In other words, as someone once said, if Europeans played GAA we'd be absolutely murdered every time. I get people love it and there's lots of reasons why with the scoring the way it is it's obviously exciting but is it not largely the same kind of thing as say LOI football? Hammering the ball long and telling the forwards to 'get on it'?
        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I'm not saying they aren't enjoyable, but you aren't exactly gonna see Ronaldinho playing GAA. It seems to suffer from the same things people bash LOI football for and seems to be alot of long ball physical percentage game stuff, I don't see much free flowing football or examples of any real technique, look at the almost exclusive emphasis placed on fitness as outlined earlier. There's excitement in other ways, people like the intense action and there's lots of scoring but I'd argue the 'standard' is if anything lower than LOI. I remember watching Dublin have 16 wides in a big game once and thinking if Jason Byrne had to just hit a ball over the bar like that I doubt he'd get 16 wides in a season.

In other words, as someone once said, if Europeans played GAA we'd be absolutely murdered every time. I get people love it and there's lots of reasons why with the scoring the way it is it's obviously exciting but is it not largely the same kind of thing as say LOI football? Hammering the ball long and telling the forwards to 'get on it'?
          Gaelic Football does not equal GAA

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Gaelic Football does not equal GAA
            Fair enough?
            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Going for a run. Interesting topic. I'll prob catch you on msn later. Dont want to annoy the "lol chavball" brigade.

In short though, yeah I suppose it is, GAA doesnt pretend to be anything different though, its rough, its physical, its about fitness and intesity. Soccer pretends to be these things, and if I had to choose which game Id prefer to watch for the above attributes, GAA would win every time. It has more of them, in abundance, and they are, for the most part, accepted. Whereas looking for these things in a soccer game leads to (especially in this country) a fractured, jittery and whistle happy game.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Oops meh Kev.

Comment

ugh, may have shot myself in the foot.

Recorded date of deadline to accept my masters as 26th May, logged in to accept it today, 26th April actual deadline, offer no longer has "accept" as an option.

Sent them an e-mail, and will call tomorrow. This could be an absolute disaster

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    depressing

Read it and weep! Depressing stuck out here

Comment

mmeeehhh
                      i think the dog is pregnant

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                        No theyre all a bit mad. The last one i went to last month works from a shop in Artane who cant stop talking and is obviously charging extra vig for it at €13. He rants about the bad media coverage of Irish news and how he was dissapointed he didnt hear more about those children who were nearly drowned when they drifted out to sea in Bray a couple of years back. Instead he pointed up at the cnn news showing on the tv and said thats the type of news i like because they can get them cameras there straight away if anything happens and in the helicopters aswell. I said the reason i dont really like CNN is is because it seems to be on a loop and theres too much weather forecasts on it. He looked at me briefly like the crazy in 'something about mary' when stiller said "but what if somebody invented 4 minute abbs".

There was a note on the wall reading "Taxi rolls €5" so curiousity got the better of me and i asked "What are taxi rolls?". "Theyre for the taxi drivers reciepts you know. I said there must be a bit of a demand for it to make it worth your while selling it?, you must have a large taxi driver patronage in here as its an unusual thing to be selling in a barbers?. "Some of them just come in for the rolls ya know, they know its here ya know".

So that was it from then on it was value haircuts from now on. So last thursday i went into one on Talbot St and for €7 and it was cut by an Italian girl. I thought i was great walking out until i strode not 20yrd towards O'Connell St and noticed across the street a Polski barbers offering mens dry cut for €5. I thought of The Rigger instantly and knew what he would have done with the extra €2 savings, the euromillions of course.
                        That guy is making a killing.
                        You can get those taxi rolls for less than €2.50
                        Might be a business opportunity to undersell him right outside his shop.
                        Taxi Rolls - €4.95.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                          mmeeehhh
                          i think the dog is pregnant
                          You should have used protection.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xndnf27AU2I[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              sex tapes are so 2004
                              Never
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                You should have used protection.
                                wife is not pleased with you atm

anyhow its a terrier

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                  Yeah maybe I have a rose tinted glasses view of the debate on other sports

Does anyone here play for a GAA team?
                                  I still play both hurling and football. My club is Carnew Emmets (shush now chd )
                                  Our town is noted for its hurling exploits and also lots of altercations on and off the field
                                  We're like the cousin you dont speak about when it comes to wicklow gaa heads (they are only jealous imo )
                                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

anyhow its a terrier
                                    That's no excuse for not using protection tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by whyno
                                      I still play both hurling and football. My club is Carnew Emmets (shush now chd )
                                      Our town is noted for its hurling exploits and also lots of altercations on and off the field
                                      We're like the cousin you dont speak about when it comes to wicklow gaa heads (they are only jealous imo )
                                      Culchie

Comment

just out of the mini ecoop

slow played K high flush no good against a slow played A high flush held by a total spew with a VIP over 50

down to about 300 chips, get back to just over 1000 then:

all in pre with AJ no good against A10 off
                                        J on turn gives him a flush draw...

there must be something else I could be wasting my time at

Comment

Just put engine oil in the car and when started to head off driving there isa shitload of smoke coming out of the exhaust. Is this just excess oil burning off or something serious? No idea bout cars....

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Spillane View Post
                                            I would love to steal the client from stars or f/t lol.
                                            I agree with everything you say hence the reason we looking at viable alternatives. What's amazing is no software company has come up the solution. Look at the 3rd and 4th largest rooms in terms of traffic on pokerscout and both clients are simply appalling. As soon as someone gets the right software everyone and i mean everyone will leave all the other networks and its a 3 horse race.
                                            Went to the i-poker meeting of operators with Noel last week, can't reveal anything as its all confidential etc, only thing i can reveal is the first thing i did when i left was phone my boss and tell him we have to get off quick; whether we do or not is his call. On that any suggestions? All seem much of a muchness from what i can see, crap software, no enforceable policy on rake-back etc etc.
                                            You should look at the merge network. Has seen good growth lately, some cake skins recently moved there.
                                            Software is nowhere near stars/ftp but miles ahead of ipoker/ongame and better than cake/ipn/microgaming imo.
                                            Standard 35% rb policy across all skins.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                              That's no excuse for not using protection tbf.
                                              surely having a dogface should be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                Just put engine oil in the car and when started to head off driving there isa shitload of smoke coming out of the exhaust. Is this just excess oil burning off or something serious? No idea bout cars....
                                                nope nope I won't say it, I won't

Comment

shouldn't be blowing smoke tbh

did you spill oil down on the engine or the exhaust manifold this would cause smoke for a while until it burns off

Comment

Culchie
                                                    Dub

Comment

Head gasket's fucked imo

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                        Dub
                                                        Harsh and uncalled for!

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                          Head gasket's fucked imo
                                                          boom

Comment

How much oil did you put in it?

Comment

Harsh and uncalled for!
                                                              Truth always hurts

Ah i take it back i know how bad that makes all ye feel up there

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                Head gasket's fucked imo
                                                                pull the dipstick and see if there is signs of water on it.

if you see water droplets on it its the head gasket

Comment

shouldn't be blowing smoke tbh

did you spill oil down on the engine or the exhaust manifold this would cause smoke for a while until it burns off
                                                                  How much oil did you put in it?
                                                                  no spillage of the oil. Dipped the oil and there was feck all in it so bought some on way home - 5 ltr bottle i think. Too much?

Comment

boom
                                                                    helpfull ghostface

helpfull

Comment

helpfull ghostface

helpfull
                                                                      Helpful? i assumed max Power was making the head gasket reference/joke that is always made when people talk bout car trouble??? My bad if not.

Cheers for advice anywho, i think i put way too much oil in it

Comment

No i thought thats what was wrong.

Comment

no spillage of the oil. Dipped the oil and there was feck all in it so bought some on way home - 5 ltr bottle i think. Too much?
                                                                          Woah. You put the whole 5l in?
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

you have to leave the engine stopped for a few mins about 5
                                                                            then dip it, depending on how low it is pour in some oil about 1ltr if the oil is at the low mark
                                                                            give it a few more mins and dip again if its a small bit over the max mark this is ok
                                                                            but if its under the low mark this is bad and you should add more
                                                                            i deally 3/4 ways between the 2 marks is good

it might be head gasket allright

Comment

Too much oil i'm afraid. A litre would more than suffice. You need to get it drained out because to much can clog up everything. Did the car cut out when you were driving or did you just create a huge fog
                                                                              Last edited by whyno; 17-05-10, 20:18.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                Woah. You put the whole 5l in?
                                                                                balls....

Comment

Comment

Helpful? i assumed max Power was making the head gasket reference/joke that is always made when people talk bout car trouble??? My bad if not.

Cheers for advice anywho, i think i put way too much oil in it
                                                                                    I assumed the same as you ste.

Comment

did you check the dipstick for signs of water?

check your radiator top up bottle and see if thats low in water

Comment

Comment

Too much oil i'm afraid. A litre would more than suffice. You need to get it drained out because to much can clog up everything. Did the car cut out when you were driving or did you just create a huge fog
                                                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWucA7e-LRg&feature=related[/ame]

I think i blinded about half the cars on the Belgard Road. Cheers for the help lads, will get to draining it later when i figure that bit out

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            I assumed the same as you ste.
                                                                                            I was having a rare ol laugh as the head gasket answer was probably correct. reason I said I'm not saying ir.

Comment

[QUOTE=ghostface ste;79248
                                                                                              I think i blinded about half the cars on the Belgard Road. Cheers for the help lads, will get to draining it later when i figure that bit out[/QUOTE]

you will have to open the sump stud

is it an old or new car what year?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                I was having a rare ol laugh as the head gasket answer was probably correct. reason I said I'm not saying ir.
                                                                                                Is it time to get the Alanis Morisette vid out again??

Comment

anyhow its a terrier
                                                                                                  Didn't think you could stoop so low.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

you will have to open the sump stud

is it an old or new car what year?
                                                                                                    00 Golf GTI. I'll try figure it out, if not i may just have ause for my AA membership now

Comment

I was obviously giving it as the stock answer to any car problems; pretty funny that it may be correct.

Comment

Remember when Dipstick used to be used a slang word back in the 80/90's. I put it in the same category as Sap, spa and doorknob.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                          Remember when Dipstick used to be used a slang word back in the 80/90's. I put it in the same category as Sap, spa and doorknob.
                                                                                                          I remember that. Doorknob is a new one on me though.

Comment

Would a dipstick not be closer to a plonker?

Comment

00 Golf GTI. I'll try figure it out, if not i may just have ause for my AA membership now
                                                                                                              you have AA, ahh fuck that give them a shout
                                                                                                              get some value out of it

make sure you tell the guy that you want him to replace the giggiling pin and not to reuse the old. as this only leads to trouble down the road

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                I remember that. Doorknob is a new one on me though.
                                                                                                                abbreviation:
                                                                                                                knob

Comment

Carnew Emmets? Isn't that club with the infamous "referee in boot" story? Or was that Rathnew?
                                                                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Nice bubble for the ticket for UkIP Killarney. Solid sleep tonight. TY Poker.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer
                                                                                                                      dipstick was a dellboy one makes no sense really . A culchie i know calls everyone a stocking
                                                                                                                      I've heard that, doorknob is also new to me. Lemon and spanner also deserve mentions imo. Spatchula is another one...
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Sledgejammer; 17-05-10, 20:59.

Comment

Bunch of mongos imo

Comment

This is a good watch the final table of SCOOP 2010: Event 19 - $2,100 with Jude Ainsworth
                                                                                                                          Some really good poker

Watch poker videos, TV shows & documentaries on PokerTube. With over 20,000 Poker related movies like High Stakes Poker, PokerTube is the world's largest site to watch anything about poker.
                                                                                                                          ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                                                          I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X