X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    lol, I love this shit.

They hadn't won a Leinster title in 50 years when he took over, and they'd only had two all - stars in their entire history. So fucking what if the province wasn't vintage at the time? He took a county that had NOTHING going for it, and brought them some silverware and competitiveness (Laois were a factor in the province over the course of his tenure and easily enjoyed their best period in living memory).

*Wicklow won 5 Championship games between 1992 and 2007. They won four last year alone...
    They were talking on the radio this morning about the current controversy over the handpass rules and someone told the story about O'Dwyer back in the Kerry days being faced with similar ambiguity as to what was and wasn't allowed. He arranged to bring a couple of the senior refs down to Kerry to a training session and kept them out on the pitch for a long time going through each possible movement with lads playing them out. When they were finished and the Refs were gone Micko turned around to the squad and said. 'Now we can do what we like with the ball they are never going to blow us up for it'
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone familar with Windows 7? Ipoker tables wont automatically pop up when its my turn to act like Stars ones do. Is this an ipoker thing or some setting I can change?

Comment

saw some hilarious umpiring myself on Saturday, it ended with an Irish international from Lloyd's old club having to be physically restrained from belting an umpire

LL, can you guess which one?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
          I wonder what peoples' opinions are on this?
          lol Mullingarknackeraments

he should have grabbed the 5k with both hands

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
            Congrats to Nick Heather, see he took down one of the FTOPs for a cool 150k.
            He took it down? Wow, great stuff.

Comment

Who was the Soprano Don in the Mafia game?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                Wreck.

Taken out by the Corleones.

Comment

Wreck

Comment

Anyone familar with Windows 7? Ipoker tables wont automatically pop up when its my turn to act like Stars ones do. Is this an ipoker thing or some setting I can change?
                    Of all the third rate crappy lack of features that the iPoker software has this is probably the mos expensive for me.

Fckn Joke software.
                    I know how difficult and complex software is but its just a simple one line system call FFS!

How much contempt do you have to have for your customers to continue to deliver such appallingly awful software when you see how far ahead the competition is. Must be soul destroying for everyone involved, all to do with the business model IMO.
                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-05-10, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Of all the third rate crappy lack of features that the iPoker software has this is probably the mos expensive for me.

Fckn Joke software.
                      boo urns. So its ipoker and not some setting? pissflaps

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        lol Mullingarknackeraments

he should have grabbed the 5k with both hands
                        5k plus any bills for cosmetic surgery or whatever I would definitely have taken, could have been a chance too that the judge would not have imposed a custodial sentence or suspended it even.

Comment

Haven't played ipoker since April 2008.
                          Did they ever change the notes thing, is it still a tiny little postage stamp?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            I see Nick heather is chip leader of the Mini FTOPS 2 day event on FTP, currently 11 left out of 2,682, $150K for the winner...
                            i see he won this last night
                            well done

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Texas going in for a whole new kind of Newspeak
                              From the Guardian
                              Several changes include sidelining Thomas Jefferson, who favoured separation of church and state, while introducing a new focus on the "significant contributions" of pro-slavery Confederate leaders during the civil war.

The new curriculum asserts that "the right to keep and bear arms" is an important element of a democratic society. Study of Sir Isaac Newton is dropped in favour of examining scientific advances through military technology.

There is also a suggestion that the anti-communist witch-hunt by Senator Joseph McCarthy in the 1950s may have been justified.

The education board has dropped references to the slave trade in favour of calling it the more innocuous "Atlantic triangular trade", and recasts the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as driven by Islamic fundamentalism.
                              Senor Raoul will be pleased

Comment

Raoul duke chat up lines:

"I wanna Pump Prime your Private sector until Maximum Utility is acheived"

"I'll operate inside your PPF"

"You must be like FDI because evertime I look at you, you stimulate growth"

"you must have a high MPM cause im sensing a major leakage from my economy"
                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Ballack out of the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    watched Fargo last night. what a classic.
                                    Weirdly you are the third person I came across in the last few days who hadn't seen it.

The reason it came up was that a friend of mine had just bought a woodchipper at an auction

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                      5k plus any bills for cosmetic surgery or whatever I would definitely have taken, could have been a chance too that the judge would not have imposed a custodial sentence or suspended it even.
                                      lol just thought I saw yer wan outside the shop I'm working in paying for parking. Had to look again, obviously her sister.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Not to worry Germany, you'll win the Eurovision, 19 yr old hottie with a very charty sounding song.
                                        Did I mention I like Frances entry from a couple of years ago. Oh yes I did several times. Fk it here it is agian.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz58Hw9hldw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz58Hw9hldw[/ame]

Comment

Senator Raoul will be pleased
                                          I've FYP'd to reflect the fact that I would probably get elected in Texas

Comment

RIP Ronnie James

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmSt1oEIshE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmSt1oEIshE[/ame]

Comment

Terrible tackle too.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Terrible tackle too.
                                                He was injured after a challenge by Portsmouth's Kevin-Prince Boateng.
                                                Ironically, Boateng could be part of the Ghana squad that will face Germany in Group D at the finals in South Africa.
                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9yUVgrmPY[/ame]

Comment

clip is as old as the song nearly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1TVSTkAXg[/ame]

Comment

Just a few things on the Wicklow/Micko debate.

Micko is a money grabbing fcuk but who wouldn’t be when the lambs of the Wicklow county board keep giving him the big pay cheque. He has done all that was asked of him to and that was for Wicklow to win a championship match in croker and get rid of our tag of the worst team in Ireland only on a par with New York and London.
                                                    It is a well documented fact that in the early stages he had no intentions of doing anything in the league and up until this season in which we tried very hard except to get mauled by an up and coming Waterford side we would have went very near to promotion. His stone age training regimes are well documented and its only the lads that are not able to carry out these methods that do the whinging imo. Micko is very strict with the players but instills a confidence in them and the belief that they have the potential to do whatever they want to on the field of play. I do question a lot of mickos ways of training but his results speak for themselves and well I feel that the saying “If its not broke don’t fix it” fits in here.
                                                    He has Wicklow playing at a level that makes us a strong 2nd tier county and a match for anyone. A poor Wextmeath beat us last year but factor into that, that we lost 2 of our first choice players & backs due to bad injurys and well also being destroyed in midfield. Stafford on that day caught some of the best balls all year and dropped em into westmeaths hands every time. We missed a sack load of frees and also hannon missed a penalty so a lot of these contributed to our downfall. I actually think this is what saved our year last year as had we have beaten westmeath we would have been absolutely mauled by the dubs and would surely not have recovered from a severe beating like that and go forward and beat the 3 northern sides that we did.
                                                    Sure some of the Wicklow players in DCU may be dreaming about leinster glory but I feel this is our best chance ever of reaching a leinster final.We will beat westmeath and the Kildare match will be a toss of a coin. Kildare are getting much more physical and with our side being a lot smaller types we could struggle but in no way did we struggle in that department when we played them last year. The final result of that looked comfortable for Kildare but our lads were a spent force near the end and were really feeling the 3 weeks tough games and inevitably fell to a slightly fresher Kildare.
                                                    We in no way have any hope of beating any of the major counties as we don’t have the strength in dept as the bigger counties but we’ll go give our all and Micko will have instilled the belief in ourselves so that we don’t make a total show of ourseleves.

I actually am quiet lost in what ive typed now but I’ll just summarise what Micko has done for Wicklow in his tenure here:

· Reunited the clubs and brought players from all over the county to player for Wicklow(we’ll exclude tommy walsh)
                                                    (Anyone from Wicklow on here will know the total bullshit that has went on from Rathnew & Baltinglass over the years and there reluctance to line out for the county team together)
                                                    · Instilled a new confidence in Wicklow football so that the can compete against some of the best in the county. By no means a mean fete as we were once the worst team in Ireland when he took over.
                                                    · Introduced a strict training regime which has improved our players no end. (some don’t agree with this but who are we to argue with the man.

I’m rabbling on now but lastly I will say that Micko is being very well paid for the job he is doing with Wicklow.This is well documented. But in fairness what can you expect him to do when he was as good as offered an open cheque book to do what he wanted. I blame our county board as they really are a show of fools but the previous managers they selected were all local managers and really did not have an iota of producing county teams. No disrespect to Hugh Kenny either as he is truly a wonderful trainer and motivator and does wonders with our underage teams but he didn’t have the necessary experience to succeed with our county team and even a player of his profile was unable to unite the so called clans in the county.

Anyway i might read over what i just blurted out but sure just to end it UP WICKLA
                                                    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                      ... the Kildare match will be a toss of a coin. Kildare are getting much more physical and with our side being a lot smaller types we could struggle but in no way did we struggle in that department when we played them last year. The final result of that looked comfortable for Kildare but our lads were a spent force near the end and were really feeling the 3 weeks tough games and inevitably fell to a slightly fresher Kildare.
                                                      I'd agree with most of that except about KE being slightly fresher. If anything they were tireder. Early was effectively out of the game for the last 10 minutes. But the game was a lot closer than people seem to remember, there was really very little between them.

Comment

How easy is it to bank savings outside of Ireland?

Comment

I'd agree with most of that except about KE being slightly fresher. If anything they were tireder. Early was effectively out of the game for the last 10 minutes. But the game was a lot closer than people seem to remember, there was really very little between them.
                                                          He would have wanted to be tired because he destroyed us on his own that day and carried kildare for long intervals. He was the main man for kildare all year.

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                            He would have wanted to be tired because he destroyed us on his own that day and carried kildare for long intervals. He was the main man for kildare all year.
                                                            Unfortunately I can't see him being anything more than a 50 minute man this year.

Comment

Fckn Joke software.
                                                              I know how difficult and complex software is but its just a simple one line system call FFS!

How much contempt do you have to have for your customers to continue to deliver such appallingly awful software when you see how far ahead the competition is. Must be soul destroying for everyone involved, all to do with the business model IMO.
                                                              I have to agree with you and yes it is soul destroying. We are in discussions with other networks as i can't see i-poker having a future tbh, any suggestions?

Comment

I find all the GAA stuff fascinating, I'd never heard of micko before yesterday. (i'd love to puyt my team through his training regime!)

Why is it that all other sports (golf, snooker, GAA, rugby) can be discussed maturely, but soccer is just a collection of children bigging up their "own" team? Sorry to be beating a dead horse here, I just wish I knew the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Why is it that all other sports (golf, snooker, GAA, rugby) can be discussed maturely, but soccer is just a collection of children bigging up their "own" team? Sorry to be beating a dead horse here, I just wish I knew the answer.
                                                                  There is a majority of people that watch the odd game on TV, can name a few players and take in whats said on SSN and the tabloids, not going to get quality debate there.

Comment

I find all the GAA stuff fascinating, I'd never heard of micko before yesterday. (i'd love to puyt my team through his training regime!)

Because everyone loves it and feels so strongly about it. It is shoved down our throats and is a part of alot of peoples lives. If something is a part of you and you love it you will jump to its defence and stick you're oar in and more often than not people will bring their own views which most of them time clash with others then the rabble rabble rabble starts.

Tis great craic.

Comment

The GAA will soon descend into tribalism. Gimmeabreak will come on and slag the deluded Dubs when they win their 1st game. Leinster and Munster rivalry is starting to raise it's head, check out Stewley trying to goad the Lunsters into a reply with his pointed 'stick it up yer gash' at one particular Lunster. Sure the Mick Dwyer debate has already had bullshit accusations thrown around.
                                                                      Golf gets redic when the Tiger fansboys see that the best golfer in the world is doing well, silly pictures of him punching the air etc etc. The Soccer in engrained in our poor little hearts in the school yard and as every bloke will readily admit (if truthful) the males of the species rarely grow up, some just hide it better than others.
                                                                      And if you dare say anything bad about Cricket, it's an instant 24 hour ban.
                                                                      I'll wind this up now with a little LOLLiverpool.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2AWMmHaA5U&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I like the video anyway

Comment

I dont put any effort into discussing sport i love to watch and i like most sports. I suppose its because it doesnt change anything so i just leave it really. Were only paid to watch anyway!

Comment

tremendous

where's John B Keane when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Spillane View Post
                                                                              I have to agree with you and yes it is soul destroying. We are in discussions with other networks as i can't see i-poker having a future tbh, any suggestions?
                                                                              • Steal the client code from Stars
                                                                              • build a server farm to backend it
                                                                              • offer the same business model to the skins
                                                                              • dream up a variant of Rush that doesn't infringe FT's patent
                                                                              • ???
                                                                              • profit.

Seriously though, in a crowded market where the customer has oodles of choice and value any approach that doesn't offer the customer everything they want is doomed.
                                                                              All the customer sees is the Client interface, that is your shop window, it is everything that the punter sees and it is it that on all sorts of subliminal levels will cause the punter to use or dismiss your product.
                                                                              All software businesses need to be aware of how people are using and feel about their interfaces. If you think about what a poker client actually is and what it needs to do you have is a black box that accepts messages from the server containing game information and translates that into a form that allows the user to interact with it and send response messages. There is no reason why every single function and piece of data should not be configurable by the user within the constraints of the fixed parameters.
                                                                              I cannot for the life of me understand how iPoker have managed to come up with such a convoluted and awkward client that they cannot allow their skins, let alone their users, produce highly customised clients. Obviously there has to be a default client that smaller skins to use and customise just by branding it with pretty pictures but if a skin wanted to spend some money to get say resizeable tables and clients that would grab focus (a user configurable option obv) etc. then they should be able to do it.

What I'm saying is that if the clients software architecture was aligned to the business model (marketing to skins) the cost of producing distinctive clients would be minimal. From what I see and hear though it sounds like there is already a fairly severe cost to the skins just to produce new brandings for the client upgrades, which is pretty pathetic really.
                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-05-10, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                                                                                One of the greats. RIP.
                                                                                sigpic
                                                                                www.d4events.com

Comment

I don't get the constant attack on football talk here. It's pretty reasonable most of the time compared to most forums. Anyway I'd argue there was more cringe in that Micko debate ( saying he was over-rated ect) than in the FAI debate last night. So stop beating the horse. He dead, it's cruel!
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

ugh, going for a hair cut tilts the hell out of me.

Comment

how much does micko earn btw?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                        ugh, going for a hair cut tilts the hell out of me.

"blade 4 sides and back, trim on top"

<5 minutes later>

"that's grand thanks, bye"

how hard can it be?

Comment

blade 4? jesus what type of hippie are you!

Comment

The Leinster v Munster threads on boards usually descend into a mess with multiple bannings. GAA forum can get bad as well, plenty of WUMs from Kerry and Cork in particular.

I think most of the football talk here is very civilized.

Comment

blade 4? jesus what type of hippie are you!
                                                                                              the good type

(as opposed to the strewelpeter kind )

Comment

dont know how much he earns off wicklow but i know of a club in meath that had him up for a training session and some type of speech and he got nearly €2000 for it.

I heard this from a club member and coulndt believe the figure but he swears it was true.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

"blade 4 sides and back, trim on top"

<5 minutes later>

"that's grand thanks, bye"

how hard can it be?
                                                                                                  'Blade' is a bit advanced. For the joints i frequent anyway. I phrase it "Number 4 back and sides and just blend it in, you know?". With the young foreign dollybirds doing the cutting these days its essential to say "you know" just in case they do a local St. Petersburg style on you whatever that may be.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't see him being anything more than a 50 minute man this year.
                                                                                                    Cant say this upsets me a lot

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                      'Blade' is a bit advanced. For the joints i frequent anyway. I phrase it "Number 4 back and sides and just blend it in, you know?". With the young foreign dollybirds doing the cutting these days its essential to say "you know" just in case they do a local St. Petersburg style on you whatever that may be.
                                                                                                      none of your foreign dollybirdtypes for me thanks, I only get my hair cut by men of advanced years and of true Dubbalin origin. Funny, I would have thought you'd be of similar persuasion - those young wans must have turned your head.

to make sure, I pronounce 'blade' as 'blay-odd'

Comment

About three fiddy

Comment

The Leinster v Munster threads on boards usually descend into a mess with multiple bannings. GAA forum can get bad as well, plenty of WUMs from Kerry and Cork in particular.

I think most of the football talk here is very civilized.
                                                                                                          Yeah maybe I have a rose tinted glasses view of the debate on other sports

Does anyone here play for a GAA team?

Comment

• Steal the client code from Stars
                                                                                                            • build a server farm to backend it
                                                                                                            • offer the same business model to the skins
                                                                                                            • dream up a variant of Rush that doesn't infringe FT's patent
                                                                                                            • ???
                                                                                                            • profit.

Seriously though, in a crowded market where the customer has oodles of choice and value any approach that doesn't offer the customer everything they want is doomed.
                                                                                                            All the customer sees is the Client interface, that is your shop window, it is everything that the punter sees and it is it that on all sorts of subliminal levels will cause the punter to use or dismiss your product.
                                                                                                            All software businesses need to be aware of how people are using and feel about their interfaces. If you think about what a poker client actually is and what it needs to do you have is a black box that accepts messages from the server containing game information and translates that into a form that allows the user to interact with it and send response messages. There is no reason why every single function and piece of data should not be configurable by the user within the constraints of the fixed parameters.
                                                                                                            I cannot for the life of me understand how iPoker have managed to come up with such a convoluted and awkward client that they cannot allow their skins, let alone their users, produce highly customised clients. Obviously there has to be a default client that smaller skins to use and customise just by branding it with pretty pictures but if a skin wanted to spend some money to get say resizeable tables and clients that would grab focus (a user configurable option obv) etc. then they should be able to do it.

What I'm saying is that is the clients software architecture was aligned to the business model (marketing to skins) the cost of producing distinctive clients would be minimal. From what I see and hear though it sounds like there is already a fairly severe cost to the skins just to produce new brandings for the client upgrades, which is pretty pathetic really.
                                                                                                            Very good post. I used to play on Paddy Power and GJP, when they moved to Ipoker I had to leave, I just could not stand the software. I would much rather play on an Irish site (than US or European) but I'd rather go back to work in IT fixing computers running windows ME than play on Ipoker.

Comment

county or club?

I play for a club and know bubbleking also does, dont know about anyone else on here

Comment

Yeah I played for a team before I moved over here. Its a great sport-you really need to be fit though,not joker fit actually top notch condition fit. I basically havent been really fit since I was 18 and my performances in GAA dropped off pretty badly. Are you thinking of joining a team HJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                  .. his pointed 'stick it up yer gash' at one particular LLunster.
                                                                                                                  FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    watched Fargo last night. what a classic.
                                                                                                                    Oh yah?

Comment

Yeah maybe I have a rose tinted glasses view of the debate on other sports

play for a club and with a bit of luck maybe county in the future.

Also made it onto the sigerson panel for next year which im pretty chuffed about

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                        Yeah I played for a team before I moved over here. Its a great sport-you really need to be fit though,not joker fit actually top notch condition fit. I basically havent been really fit since I was 18 and my performances in GAA dropped off pretty badly. Are you thinking of joining a team HJ?
                                                                                                                        No I'm too old to start a new sport! I'd love to go down to a training session or two though.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          Oh yah?
                                                                                                                          that for me was the funniest part of the film, all these 4 and 5th generation Americans who still spoke English like they had just stepped off the boat

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X