Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have this in rules and rulings but no feedback yet. Would like some feedback for later tonight so il ask here.

Ok pretty drunk game.

Utg says check without having any money in pot. When he is told he cant check he bets €20!

Can we allow this bet or is the most he can do call.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
      Have this in rules and rulings but no feedback yet. Would like some feedback for later tonight so il ask here.

Ok pretty drunk game.

Utg says check without having any money in pot. When he is told he cant check he bets €20!

Think its fine.
      Really have grown to hate drunks in games hence no longer frequent the jackpot or fitz at weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

Ok pretty drunk game.

I'd probably let it stand."Check" is not valid here, he might aswell say "penguin" or "fart",any of these words has no meaning in this context.

The dealer should tell him he can't check,he can either call or bet and give him both options,imo.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          looks like being a $100k overlay int eh mini ecoop at 8pm. $50 to enter
          Thanks for this Noel, on 7.5k now so sitting good. Decent structure too.

Comment

Think this qualifies as a beat of sorts(its not me by the way)

Pensioner spends over seven years doing 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle... then finds ONE bit is missing

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

KK busted by QQ in the mini ecoop

just as well im such a champ with the shortstack
              (I would have probably felt uncomfortable in the top 10-15 anyhu)
              sur...wan more for luck

Feveryoneelse'sL

*just out,shove called by a chimp wit A rag

just hit two doubles up in a row in the scoop 37 low
              Last edited by Guest; 16-05-10, 20:14.

Comment

Lol,you sure that's not you in the pic Collie?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                  KK busted by QQ in the mini ecoop

just as well im such a champ with the shortstack
                  (I would have probably felt uncomfortable in the top 10-15 anyhu)
                  sur...wan more for luck

Feveryoneelse'sL
                  I cracked a guy's kings too

Comment

i'm a bit of a fiend for those innocent smoothies but i've been told they're not the best to be consuming. any recommend a smoothie maker or are they all much the same?

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                      I cracked a guy's kings too
                      was he a bollox about it

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                        i'm a bit of a fiend for those innocent smoothies but i've been told they're not the best to be consuming. any recommend a smoothie maker or are they all much the same?
                        nothing innocent about those sugar laden cartons of shite

any blender that isnt shit will do tbh

*so this is what tilt feels like, who knew
                        Last edited by Guest; 16-05-10, 20:19. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                          If anyone here cares, game 1 of the NBA Eastern Conference final between Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic is live on ESPN (the UK version) from 20:30. Expecting the Magic to have too much over the course of the series, but then I did expect Cleveland to beat Boston in the previous round so who knows...
                          Also live stream : http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

Comment

Cheap smoothie maker, blender or posh expensive le blender de smoothie will all do the same job.

Comment

was he a bollox about it
                              Ya but it wasn't you cos I didn't have QQ

Comment

ugh, blinding away in the mini ecoop, all my spots have been baaaaaaad. Definitely should've taken that offer from Rigger earlier.

Comment

Where can you get sugar free fruit for the blender?

Comment

IPB Fantasy world cup league set up for those interested

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                      ugh, blinding away in the mini ecoop, all my spots have been baaaaaaad. Definitely should've taken that offer from Rigger earlier.
                                      Shove J9 sooooted. Doesn't lose all in pre on iPoker and always gets called, its setup that way.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                        Where can you get sugar free fruit for the blender?

Im assuming that is about me saying innocent is sugary shit?

If so, the point it that sugars apparently change if left for a few days, so your nice healthy innocent smoothie in the factory is just like every other carton of shit by the time it gets to the shop

If genuine question

its called veg

Comment

Real vegetable soup is where its at. None of that packet crap.

Comment

If so, the point it that sugars apparently change if left for a few days, so your nice healthy innocent smoothie in the factory is just like every other carton of shit by the time it gets to the shop

:
                                            Any link for that?

It was mentioned in the bubbleking well, so I did some searches, best I could come up with from the sites attacking smoothies is that there is loads of fruit sugars in there and drinking too much obv wont be great for you - eating 5 bananas, 55 strawberries etc in one sitting wont be either. Also M&S and Tesco etc often add extra sugar to their own brand smoothies for taste.

Comment

that time travel thing with steven hawking is on discovery right now if anyones interested.
                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Lafortezza View Post
                                                If this stream doesn't lag on you it's top quality. I've a 15mb NTL line and it is lagging for me unfortunately.

Comment

Anyone know if flights came in from Spain over the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                    that time travel thing with steven hawking is on discovery right now if anyones interested.
                                                    Where he discusses the theory behind going back to the 80's in a hot-tub?

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                      Where he discusses the theory behind going back to the 80's in a hot-tub?
                                                      That would make a great movie.

Comment

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is on at 10 on TV3. Worth a watch, Casey Affleck puts in a wonderful performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                          That would make a great movie.
                                                          Ya, you would think so

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is on at 10 on TV3. Worth a watch, Casey Affleck puts in a wonderful performance.
                                                            A film that divided the nation at the box office.

Its very very long, and was probably the second most complained about film that was ever shown during my time in the cinema.

#1 was certainly "Funny Games", which I thought was excellent. A good mind-fuck of a film

Comment

Great film.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LklZVm8XMho[/ame]
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Any link for that?

It was mentioned in the bubbleking well, so I did some searches, best I could come up with from the sites attacking smoothies is that there is loads of fruit sugars in there and drinking too much obv wont be great for you - eating 5 bananas, 55 strawberries etc in one sitting wont be either. Also M&S and Tesco etc often add extra sugar to their own brand smoothies for taste.
                                                                Yeah whether its fructose or sucrose, both are pretty bad for you compared to glucose.

I wouldnt be worrying too much about Innocent smoothies. I cant think of many other drinks worse for you.
                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Stars never ceases to amaze me.

Currently there's a $2100 turbo 50 seat gtee sat to the $10k scoop and not a sniff of an overlay.
                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Up to 12.6k in the mini ecoop, avg is around 7k now.

Comment

Its very very long, and was probably the second most complained about film that was ever shown during my time in the cinema.

#1 was certainly "Funny Games", which I thought was excellent. A good mind-fuck of a film
                                                                      I had no issues with the Jesse james film
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      although should have been called the suicide of jesse james !

As for funny games !!!

There is a line i belive you never cross in film, this movie crossed that line, it did create a lot of debate, and maybe that was a good thing, what would YOU do in that situation, but the line they crossed does not forgive them imo.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

It's unquestionably over long, but beautifully shot, and a very nuanced film. I had to Google Funny Games, but when reminded I watched a good bit of it before and found it somewhat hypnotic.

So people actually complained about films to staff?

Comment

If genuine question

its called veg
                                                                          Any link for that?
                                                                          There have been several reports of Innocent smoothies "exploding".[9] In 2007, Innocent even recalled 100,000 bottles stating that the explosions were caused by a natural fermentation of the ingredients.
                                                                          Im pretty sure Elshambo is wrong on this occasion but I'd need to look at the pack as I can't find the full ingredients online.

So they are good for you and can blow up in your face
                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Constantly, there was very few things that customers didn't complain about. I didn't appreciate this enough until I was promoted, but as a Supervisor, you spend a lot of the day dealing with customer's complaints. Some people are/were ridiculous in fairness.

People asking for refunds because they didn't like the film was something that I had to deal with a lot, it was a major annoyance to be honest.

Comment

Yeah , this was the bit I found strange. The only time I remember giving an opinion on a movie to a stranger at the cinema, was when being stopped by the crew from Nighthawks (yep, I googled to make sure http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nighthawks_%28TV_series%29), in the late '80s.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

sorry just arrived back in Dublin will start debate now

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                  Im pretty sure Elshambo is wrong on this occasion but I'd need to look at the pack as I can't find the full ingredients online.

So they are good for you and can blow up in your face
                                                                                  seemingly it's just pure fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                    sorry just arrived back in Dublin will start debate now
                                                                                    get in there!!

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-JToT2_ZBo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                        Stars never ceases to amaze me.

Currently there's a $2100 turbo 50 seat gtee sat to the $10k scoop and not a sniff of an overlay.
                                                                                        Stars just don't do overlays!! They have 300k players online right now, Ipoker has 20k which seems really small for ipoker even. I thought hey would have had around 30k at least on a Sunday night.

Comment

If anyone here cares, game 1 of the NBA Eastern Conference final between Boston Celtics and Orlando Magic is live on ESPN (the UK version) from 20:30. Expecting the Magic to have too much over the course of the series, but then I did expect Cleveland to beat Boston in the previous round so who knows...
                                                                                          are they generally on at that time now? used to enjoy watching it but gave up since i couldn't stay up to 4/5am to do it anymore
                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-05-10, 21:13.

Comment

This is such bullshit. He took Kildare to an All - Ireland final and Laois (fucking Laois) to a Leinster title. And then managed to win four games with Wicklow last season ffs.

His Kerry team was unbelievably talented, but since then he's gone to counties that had ingrained cultures of losing and underachievment and transformed them into contenders.

Harte and Boylan combined haven't won as much as O' Dwyer. I know bias is great and all (I mean I'm from Dublin so wouldn't be exactly partial to Kerry GAA), but when it's leading you the above conclusions it is time to put it to one side.
                                                                                            I can see a lot of people disagree what I was saying about micko. ok consider this is his training regime that wicklow have been doing for the last 4 months at least twice a week.
                                                                                            arrive at training and do the following with a 60 second break in between
                                                                                            2 laps
                                                                                            4 laps
                                                                                            6 laps
                                                                                            10 laps
                                                                                            12 laps
                                                                                            12 laps
                                                                                            10 laps
                                                                                            6 laps
                                                                                            4 laps
                                                                                            2 laps

tog in and go home. Like WTF is that?? In this day and age that is just stupidity and he has dropped people off the panel for questioning his methods. I will not disagree that he may be a good motivator but he has been extremely fortunate with the teams that hes had to work with and more importantly the timing in which he was ut in charge.

I will hold my hand up and admit he did an excellent job with kildare. But Llyod he won a leinster with Laois when the province was at its weakest ever - Dublin and meath were in a transition period at the time. sher Westmeath won a leinster with Pauidi around the same time - really underlining how poor leinster was at the time.

Also does anyone remember micko walking out on clare? nobody had done the hard graft for micko like in other counties so he had no raw materials to work with so he fcuked off.

By the way Llyod Mickey Harte is the greatest footballing tactician of all time he just doesnt have the same amount of success as Boylan yet.

My final point - it is no coincidence that Micko has never been put in charge of the international rules team. Fortunately there is enough people in the know in the upper GAA circles to see Micko for what he really is

Comment

Shocking technique by Rog there way too high brave but thick does he not know the laws of physics.

Comment

re: the sugars changing(fermenting)

I read it somewhere about fruit juice and smoothies in general
                                                                                                no link as no clue where I read it (bubbleking's post wasn't first place I read it )

What I read was that the sugars change their shape
                                                                                                to string something or other and act like refined sugar

came down to:
                                                                                                refined sugar= bad
                                                                                                store bought drinks =bad
                                                                                                therefore make your own!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                  Stars just don't do overlays!! They have 300k players online right now, Ipoker has 20k which seems really small for ipoker even. I thought hey would have had around 30k at least on a Sunday night.
                                                                                                  MAybe people are sick of ipokers shyte software for tourney players lack of deal making facilities?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                    Anybody with half a brain knows Wicklow have no chance.

I know a lad on the team and it isn't unusual for them to turn up for a 2 hour session, come out of the dressing room and told to go do laps for the whole session. He is a great motivator apparently and all that management jazz. Definitely one of the best, his record proves it.

Also it is a job, why the hell wouldn't he go for money. Anyone else would.
                                                                                                    Iv no problem with managers being paid. I have a problem with some people charging extorianary prices for the service they provide. Fair play if micko can get that money from wicklow but considering what they are getting for their money it is a poor investment IMO

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                      Aye, I know, there's surely at least one sane person in Israel with ipoker who should realise that late reg will surely help a small bit with the double overlays!
                                                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

i was just reading up on the grants farmers get

im in the wrong business

Comment

This post on the soccer tickets forum shows how clueless the FAI are imo.

Really annoyed to discover that the friendly between Man U and Eirgrid 11 for Aug 4th is not part of the Vantage Club deal! What are the FAI doing selling seats to punters before Vantage members get a chance to see the first game!!

I understood all soccer Ints and friendlies were included in 10 year deal!
                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Also while im on the subject of people who piss me off has anyone seen that ghey ad where dave o leary is saying France will struggle in the world cup and dont deserve to be there??

what a complete cock!

ok I promise / rantage

Comment

2nd in chips now out of 950 runners, on 39.5k. One time and all that

Comment

Also while im on the subject of people who piss me off has anyone seen that ghey ad where dave o leary is saying France will struggle in the world cup and dont deserve to be there??

what a complete cock!

ok I promise / rantage
                                                                                                                the "anyone but the French" tshirt been given away by the sun. fuckin droolers.
                                                                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

FAI pulls defeat from jaws of victory

Sunday May 16 2010

John Delaney and the Football Association of Ireland have perfected the art of the own goal.

A week that should have been a public relations triumph -- the official opening of Lansdowne Road Stadium and the coup of securing Manchester United for the first game -- turned to disaster.

The FAI's decision to exclude the United game from those hardy souls who have dug deep to buy ten-year tickets for the stadium was crass enough, but then came news that the FAI was using its powers to prevent Limerick from hosting an equally glamorous match against Barcelona.

What links the two decisions? Greed. Instead of rewarding those supporters who have handed over thousands of euro for ten-year tickets, the FAI cannot pass another opportunity to gouge more cash from their wallets. The same greed prevents Limerick from staging a game that would be a massive boost for soccer in the south west. Only the FAI, so it seems, may profit from big-name friendly matches and woe betide anyone who gets in the way of their money-spinning.

The desire for cash is understandable: the draw for the European Championships creates a distinctly unappetising fixture list, particularly if the team fails to perform in its early games. Getting as much money as it can by milking the appeal of the new stadium makes good business sense for the FAI, but there is no need for the control-freak mentality that denies others the same opportunities.

Limerick should be allowed to bring Barcelona to Thomond Park, and the FAI should be applauding the forward-thinking of a club that operates in rugby's heartland.

By blocking it, Delaney (pictured) creates the impression that the FAI wants to gazump its members, not support them. The monster that must be fed is the FAI's share of the new Aviva Stadium, and that will hang around the FAI's neck until the debts have been paid. Amidst all the hyperbole about Lansdowne Road (it "heralds a new era in Irish sport", apparently) it is easy to forget that it is just a stadium, with much the same capacity as the old Lansdowne Road.

The new stadium falls between two stools, a victim of Irish sporting politics, indecision and Bertie Ahern's ambition to build a new national stadium in his own backyard. It could have been completed a decade ago if the IRFU had acted swiftly, but its hesitation was then compounded by Ahern's meddling.

The capacity limitations would matter less if the IRFU and the FAI could host their bigger matches in Croke Park, but the sale of the stadium naming rights to Aviva rules out a venue switch whenever demand exceeds supply.

A hard-nosed cost benefit analysis might question whether €410m represents value for money when replacing like with like, even if the result is pleasing to the eye and the stadium's bars can churn out a thousand pints of beer every minute.

Philip Browne, the chief executive of the IRFU, says that the new 51,000 capacity is "bang on" for rugby, which will come as a surprise to the 30,000 fans who will no longer be able to attend a rugby international, or a Heineken Cup semi-final. Browne could not be expected to say anything else, but he fools no one.

Rugby's popularity continues to grow, fed by the success of the provinces and by the national team. The new stadium has a capacity that would have been "bang-on" for the last century, but is well short of what the game needs for this century. The inevitable result will be ever-higher ticket prices for both soccer and rugby.

For the moment, neither Browne nor Delaney need worry because demand will exceed supply. Fans will grumble, but they will pay up. Longer term, though, the alienation of fans will gather momentum. The FAI could have checked its progress by offering United tickets to its ten-year loyalists and by allowing Limerick to host Barcelona.

Both the FAI and the IRFU could have gone even further if they had had the wit to negotiate a deal with Aviva (or another sponsor) that allowed Croke Park to be used for the biggest matches. It would have meant less money from the naming rights, but it would have been a sensible balance between profit and loyalty. It would have demonstrated that the FAI and IRFU had their supporters' interests at the very core of their policies and it would have been a public relations triumph. Instead, we get own goals and false bravura.

Sunday Independent
                                                                                                                  .

Comment

what a complete cock!

ok I promise / rantage
                                                                                                                    Clever marketing from the Sun Imo. They're giving away a free shirt with ‘anybody but France' written on it tomorrow. I'd say it will sell like hot cakes. They deliver what their ignorant readers want to read!
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                      the "anyone but the French" tshirt been given away by the sun. fuckin droolers.
                                                                                                                      yeah thats the one - eugh the shame of belonging to the same race as the tool that came up with that

Comment

Chip leader now on 43k with 900 left

Comment

3 Irish lads that I can see playing the scoop main event. Good luck lads. Prizepool at $6m.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X