Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a couple of points. Not disagreeing with your main point.
    Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    Bellamy had been a trouble player at nearly every club he went to, yet was sold for a profit. There was also that golf club incident with Riise.
    You bought Bellamy very cheaply as he had a release clause in his contract at Blackburn where he had settled down and proven himself once again.
    Bellamy was sold because he wasn't prepared to be on the bench when Torres arrived.
    Keane never got a chance? He started practically every game, did nothing for most of them, and was taken off when contributing nothing with a big sulk on his head. He went back to Spurs where Harry has barely played him this season. Are you saying that the fabled Arry Redknapp is a bad man manager now for not giving him a chance?
    Keane and Torres had just started to gel when Torres got injured. They were never given the chance to get back in sync again, as soon as Torres returned Robbie was dropped most of the time. He scored 3 goals in his last three Premier League starts for Liverpool.

Villa and Spurs have almost certainly spent more money over the last few years than Liverpool yet have never come close to matching Liverpools league finishing positions. Even this season, in the midst of Liverpools worst season for years, they are barely in a better league position yet there is no public outcry for O'Neills or Redknapps head.
    In the last three years Aston Villa have bought players to the value of just under £100m with a net spend of £68m. Tottenham have bought players to the value of just under £110m for a net spend of £53m and Liverpool have bought players for a total of just over £103m for a net spend of £41m.
    So in the last three years you have been outspent by both of them, but in the previous 3 years Liverpool had a net spend of £67m to Aston Villa's £22m and Tottenham's £53m.
    Since Benitez' arrival at Liverpool, they have spent £108m, Tottenham £106m, and Villa £90m.
    And that doesn't include the wage bill where Liverpool have been the fourth highest behind Chelsea, United and Arsenal.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I cant believe how tilting cork people are - the only decent man ever to come out of there and he was shot - IN CORK

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        Inglorious Basterds can be added to that list for me. I paid 75c to rent if for a night in the US and tbh I was considering asking for a refund (except I rented it from a vending machine....)!
        how do you rent DVDs from a vending machine??

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          Nils Leidholm is a Swedish bloke who scored against Brazil in the 1958 cup final. He played most of his career at AC Milan, later going on to manage them and give a sixteen year old kid called Paulo Maldini his first team debut.

Here's the really mental bit. Apparently he went two years at Milan without misplacing a single pass. When he eventually got one wrong the Milanese fans gave him a 5 minute standing ovation. How cool is that?

Who is old enough to verify something like this
          Trippie probably has a poster of him on his wall

Comment

I have only recently changed from IE to firefox, mainly for the cool greasemonkey add on TD posted about.
            I must say it is pretty cool, love the way you can clear just the last hour of history, rather than a whole day...
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
              how do you rent DVDs from a vending machine??
              So simple it's unbelievable. Tbh I'm thinking of looking for the Irish franchise for this business.

You swipe your credit card and they charge you a dollar per night (plus state tax) for the first 28 nights or until you return the dvd.

After 28 nights of not returning the dvd you own it.

If using a foreign credit card in the US just press 00000 as your address code for your credit card. Simples.

Very funny to see a dvd store in the same mall charging $4.50 for their so called new releases (that seemed to be mainly out of stock) versus a vending machine which was literally putting them out of business in a hurry.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Terry loses Captains Armband.

Capello has phoned Wayne Bridge to inform him of John Terry losing the captains armband.

He's asked him if he can have a look under the bed.

Comment

So simple it's unbelievable. Tbh I'm thinking of looking for the Irish franchise for this business.

You swipe your credit card and they charge you a dollar per night (plus state tax) for the first 28 nights or until you return the dvd.

If using a foreign credit card in the US just press 00000 as your address code for your credit card. Simples.

Very funny to see a dvd store in the same mall charging $4.50 for their so called new releases (that seemed to be mainly out of stock) versus a vending machine which was literally putting them out of business in a hurry.
                  The shop beside the Lep inn has one, works exactly the same. I remember getting out some when I lived in stepaside a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Capello has phoned Wayne Bridge to inform him of John Terry losing the captains armband.

He's asked him if he can have a look under the bed.
                    woeful

Comment

So terry has had an extra marital affair. I don't really see the big deal myself. It's getting redic. Just stand up
                      Say you are in love, everyone goes aaaaaahhhh and let's move on. Sure Prince Fecking Charles was bonking someone when he was married.

Comment

Jan tax receipts published

no commentary required
                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 02-02-10, 19:53. Reason: correct linky
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                          The shop beside the Lep inn has one, works exactly the same. I remember getting out some when I lived in stepaside a couple of years ago.
                          The crowd that are doing it in Ireland seem to be charging a lot more (and I'm not sure they are Redbox). In fact their prices seem to be more or on a par with Xtravision (without the deals that Xtravision offer). Surely it should be possible to implement at a cost of €1 per night in Ireland and still make a profit?

The overheads couldn't be too big....

I know that downloading and on demand services could come along and eat your lunch in this game but I'd have thought you'd get a good 5 years or more in Ireland if you had the right price model and did a deal with Spar/Londis/Centra to have your vending machines in their shops nationwide....
                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

So terry has had an extra marital affair. I don't really see the big deal myself. It's getting redic. Just stand up
                            Say you are in love, everyone goes aaaaaahhhh and let's move on. Sure Prince Fecking Charles was bonking someone when he was married.
                            yeah and in fairness has anyone seen wayne bridges girlfriend - was Terry supposed to say no???? GTFO

Comment

Supermarket beside me has one of those. Only thing is is that it's quicker for me to download something than it is to walk to the shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Jan tax receipts published

no commentary required
                                linkage didn't work for me. Try this

Comment

just he was doing it the opposite way around to what any normal person would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                    Supermarket beside me has one of those. Only thing is is that it's quicker for me to download something than it is to walk to the shop!
                                    Yeah I acknowledge that more and more this could be a problem for the business model BUT if Xtravision can continue to make money then surely this method (where you can also buy the nibbles to eat whilst watching the movie) has merit? I think the reason it hasn't exploded in Ireland is due to the price point.

Wipe the floor with the dvd stores and basically corner the market except for those who download by reducing the prices hugely.

Comment

yeah and in fairness has anyone seen wayne bridges girlfriend - was Terry supposed to say no???? GTFO
                                      Exactly, she's a step up from his own missus. If anything it should strenthen his hold on the arm-band IMO.

The only bit of the story I don't understand is how he didn't call Franky lamps around for a threesome one of the days he banged her! I wonder if he salutes his mother after he nails a chick.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I'd say any business based on charging people for digital media they can get for free is a non-starter these days..?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                          just he was doing it the opposite way around to what any normal person would do it.
                                          probably didn't want to make her pregnant. (fail I guess)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            I'd say any business based on charging people for digital media they can get for free is a non-starter these days..?
                                            Music shops are still in business more then 10 years after piracy really got going......I take your point on board but don't underestimate the handiness of being able to get a dvd anywhere whilst away from home and your fast internet connection, with no hassle and at a very low price point....I've always been one of the first to assume certain industries are "dead" in the past and yet they continue to make money to my disbelief....

Comment

Music shops are still in business more then 10 years after piracy really got going
                                              Yeah but so much stock in the likes of Tower now is t-shirts, figurines, posters etc and Xtra-vision have gravitated towards mobile phone sales and games (less accessible for free). I know there's probably a large amount of people out there who aren't internet savvy enough to know they can have any movie for nothing in 10 minutes but its would be a risky venture.

Comment

probably didn't want to make her pregnant. (fail I guess)
                                                http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/9206/...it_wrong_2.jpg

Comment

Both over-rated slapper trouts who would be a fright to wake up beside IMO

Bridge's ex

Terry's wife
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

ah ffs bridges ex is seeeerious you cant say you wouldn't tap that

Comment

ah ffs bridges ex is seeeerious you cant say you wouldn't tap that
                                                      lol people on the internet say things they don't mean, everyone on this forum would do both of them in a heartbeat...imo

Comment

Finally got the online lark setup here is hoping that i have one of those hot streak accounts
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                            lol people on the internet say things they don't mean, everyone on this forum would do both of them in a heartbeat...imo
                                                            Everyone on this forum would do anything with 2 tits, a hole and a heartbeat
                                                            pandapower99.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                              That's some weakass selection of best actors! Presume Clooney or Bridges will walk it, with Bridges a mild favourite because of 'the angst' of his role.

Would love to see District 9 win this. What a fantastic out-there brilliant movie. An oscar win might encourage more risk-taking adventurous film-making like this.

In general though most of these nominations are for crap touchy-feely Mills&boon ABC romance or human tragedy movies. Fck off with that sh*t - reward some proper movies that actually entertain people.
                                                              Some good decisions by the Acadamy this year and some really bad ones.

Beat: Sandra Bullock, Penelope Cruz (again), A Serious Man, Mo'Nique ( i just don't like her name). No "Major" noms for Star Trek and Sharlo Copely being ignored for Best Actor.

Brag: QT up for Best Director, Christoph Waltz, Woody Harrelson, District 9 and Up!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Only watched the first one last night, very promising.
                                                                  The only thing was while watching it i kept thinking to myself, the character Schwimmer plays is so like my boss at the moment its scary, the incompetence rather than looks.
                                                                  Yeah it just gets better and better, he really pulls of the role as a cunt perfect in it.

Am I alone in thinking that "The Hurt locker" was a pile of excrement? It made "The Deer Hunter" look like the work of Shakespeare imo.
                                                                  Yes you are pretty alone.

Inglorious Basterds can be added to that list for me. I paid 75c to rent if for a night in the US and tbh I was considering asking for a refund (except I rented it from a vending machine....)!
                                                                  But you make back up for that last remark with this.

Comment

Finally booked a dentist appointment today as my occasional toothache reappeared today and woudnt dissapear, even after i had taken three ponston (prescription painkiller) in four hours.
                                                                    Got booked in, sat down, got told teeth to be pulled.

Some serious muscle by my new female dentist later and I'm down one tooth, have a big whole in my mouth but no longer have a tooth ache.

Mouth all numb to bits though.
                                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                      Finally booked a dentist appointment today as my occasional toothache reappeared today and woudnt dissapear, even after i had taken three ponston (prescription painkiller) in four hours.
                                                                      Got booked in, sat down, got told teeth to be pulled.

Some serious muscle by my new female dentist later and I'm down one tooth, have a big whole in my mouth but no longer have a tooth ache.

Mouth all numb to bits though.
                                                                      I feel you pain, i have to get two of mine yanked out, she talked me through the options and getting them removed seemed like the best no more god dam toothaches hopefully, just dont want to have to get anymore yanked.

Was really weird for awhile trying to eat with two of them missing.

Comment

my friend's getting medical advice for his dog on facebook, what an age we live in!
                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 02-02-10, 18:27.

Comment

Of course they would. But for people to describe her as a stunner is ridic. For a supposed Lingerie model she's average at best.

Comment

Liverpool in for striker Milan Jovanovic interesting,

Comment

Work just gave me an end of year income levy cert along with the P60. Can I claim anything back from the income levy cert?
                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

The crowd that are doing it in Ireland seem to be charging a lot more (and I'm not sure they are Redbox). In fact their prices seem to be more or on a par with Xtravision (without the deals that Xtravision offer). Surely it should be possible to implement at a cost of €1 per night in Ireland and still make a profit?

The overheads couldn't be too big....

I know that downloading and on demand services could come along and eat your lunch in this game but I'd have thought you'd get a good 5 years or more in Ireland if you had the right price model and did a deal with Spar/Londis/Centra to have your vending machines in their shops nationwide....
                                                                                I think you could well have a good idea. Not everyone is tech saavy and people are in general lazy so some local shoppers may just throw in an ol dvd whilst there and will also prop be late returners so more monies. Wouldn't discount it. (1 euro is too cheap though)

Comment

Found out today what happened to all the money Nicnicnic got for signing up with Boyles
                                                                                  Attached Files
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

is it worth reading the "the soulful science?"

Comment

Is it possible to transfer from a boyles acc to a paddypower one?

Comment

no it is not possible, you can only transfer from the same skin of ipoker

Comment

Do you mean get reductions on your tax by claiming things like prescription costs, rent, bin charge, union fees?

There's a bit of info here if that's what you're after:
                                                                                            http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaf....html#section9
                                                                                            Yeah I know about rent relief etc but thought it was strange they gave me an income levy cert on top of the P60.
                                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Watching some show on NFL on SS4 ATM. Might be worth viewing for anyone into that kinda thing... I'm certainly enjoying it and I know nothing about NFL.

It's called NFL - America's Game

Comment

beat: got banned from 2+2 for posting this pic

snip!

Comment

anybody else having issues opening paddypower.com on Google chrome? Works ok in IE but won't open in chrome at all
                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                    anybody else having issues opening paddypower.com on Google chrome? Works ok in IE but won't open in chrome at all
                                                                                                    yep it downloads something instead when you try go to the site ??

Comment

yep it downloads something instead when you try go to the site ??
                                                                                                      Yeah, don't know what's going on. Working fine in firefox as well so obviously something to do with Chrome. Messed up my Robbie Keane first goalscorer bet
                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                        Watching some show on NFL on SS4 ATM. Might be worth viewing for anyone into that kinda thing... I'm certainly enjoying it and I know nothing about NFL.

It's called NFL - America's Game
                                                                                                        Watched that once, the one i watched was about the Colts. I know nothing about NFL but i loved it. Was very interesting and a very well made show.

Comment

Was touch and go on the flop whether my 1.9% chance was gonna get there

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                            Yeah, don't know what's going on. Working fine in firefox as well so obviously something to do with Chrome. Messed up my Robbie Keane first goalscorer bet
                                                                                                            its been like that since this morning dunno whats wrong....

Comment

Hate to do this, but as the self-appointed Voice of Economic Reasonableness, I will note that we aren't in a position yet to say whether commentary is required. It's entirely possible that this performance is above expectations and bodes well for the rest of the year. We'll need to let people analyse this over the next few days and find out what it all means.
                                                                                                              the voice of what now? how can a drop of 660m YoY be 'above expectations'?

it's income tax that's the most worrying - especially for our bet. LR numbers due tomorrow.

we'll be lucky to scrape tax receipts of 30bn this year. 'Turned the corner' me hole. Fuck off Lenihan!!
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Most of the main Oscar movies are up in the Cousins forums, will get around to the foreign and animation ones later

Comment

Goooooooooooo hull!!!!!!

Comment

lol it'll never last.

Comment

Batter them, batter them

Comment

hope it end up 4-3 to hull with hat tricks for fat frank and hunt. all for the good of my premierleague team.

sure a man can dream cant he......
                                                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Fresh install of my OS, back to Windows 7 everything seems to be running smooth. Keeping forgetting to save all my bookmarks,passwords for jdownloader and stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X