Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole Slatan/Pique thing might be a watershed moment for sport. I wonder who else will come out?
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
      Gustavo fucking Fring. Best character on TV.

That is all.
      Deffo a low scorer on the Sheep game though.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
        Gustavo fucking Fring. Best character on TV.

That is all.
        Man every Monday has become an almost unbearable wait to get home and watch Breaking Bad, it's ridiculously good atm.
        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
          Man every Monday has become an almost unbearable wait to get home and watch Breaking Bad, it's ridiculously good atm.
          managed to catch up over the weekend. the last 2 episodes have been unreal.

Comment

The Ballad of Brave Sir Robin
            Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot.
            He was not afraid to die, O brave Sir Robin!
            He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
            Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin!
            He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,
            Or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken;
            To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away;
            And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin!

His head smashed in and his heart cut out
            And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged
            And his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off
            And his pen--

Brave Sir Robin ran away.
            Bravely ran away, away!
            When danger reared its ugly head,
            He bravely turned his tail and fled.
            Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
            And gallantly he chickened out.
            Bravely taking to his feet
            He beat a very brave retreat,
            Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!

He is packing it in and packing it up
            And sneaking away and buggering up
            And chickening out and pissing off home,
            Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              SO who has the monies for boards poker fantasy football? Can't search on boards cause i'm on the phone (laptop screwed) but if someone could dig out the thread for me, I'd be much obliged. After a strong finish to the season I grabbed second place
              fuck you Kev, fuck you

In other news having been taken out at the very start of both the werewolves and mafia game I've come to the conclusion that I'm either really unpopular or am recognised as one of the greatest minds on IPB

latter obv
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Anyone got a link to a video of derek mooneys cock up on the youreastar thingy. Heard it on the radion and LOLed so much. Announced the wrong lad to survive then had to tell them he made the mistake. LOL
                "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

SO who has the monies for boards poker fantasy football? Can't search on boards cause i'm on the phone (laptop screwed) but if someone could dig out the thread for me, I'd be much obliged. After a strong finish to the season I grabbed second place
                  I'm pretty certain its Connie that has it Kev.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                    apparently its not cool to take the p!ss in the pesonal issues forum - ah shove it up your gash
                    whats all tis about

that whole place is just open to abuse

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

@Raoul Duke

LOL. Someone just voted to whack you tonight in the Mafia game.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                        fuck you Kev, fuck you

In other news having been taken out at the very start of both the werewolves and mafia game I've come to the conclusion that I'm either really unpopular or am recognised as one of the greatest minds on IPB

latter obv
                        Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                          This whole Slatan/Pique thing might be a watershed moment for sport. I wonder who else will come out?
                          Who else will come out? Did they come out?

Who else is gay? That what you mean? Maybe 3 to 6%. If Kinseys claim that 10% of the male population is gay is to be believed thats one gay per soccer team.
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The 'guy' was a girl no?
                              It was ibrahimovic not Arshavan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  Who else will come out? Did they come out?

Who else is gay? That what you mean? Maybe 3 to 6%. If Kinseys claim that 10% of the male population is gay is to be believed thats one gay per soccer team.
                                  Who cares

Comment

Anyone heading over to EMOP Italy at the end of the month? No Ftiz EOM for me this month
                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                      Anyone heading over to EMOP Italy at the end of the month? No Ftiz EOM for me this month
                                      U win this on Irish Eyes?
                                      ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                      I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

sigh

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                          Who cares
                                          Your Momma!
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ship the life 1-outer.

After a sleepless night of trying to recover from a pretty heavy weekend, I'm basically lying in bed thinking there is absolutely no way I'm in any state to work. Get a phone call at 8 in the morning saying the school group I was meant to be teaching had their flight cancelled because of the ash cloud.

I'll happily give up my day's wages if it means I can stay in bed instead of attempting to teach a group of 14 year - old Spanish kids English when I myself can barely string two words together due to sleep deprivation and general delirium.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                              Who cares
                                              I do. I think it would be good for the game if a few players (or former players) came out. The attitudes that led to Robbie Fowler taunting Graeme LeSaux (who was never gay btw)are still pervasive in sport IMO, and a few challenges to people's assumptions would help sort that out. But I suspect it will just be one of those things that will stay in the closet, as it were.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                  sigh
                                                  Mafia tilt?

Comment

If Kinseys claim that 10% of the male population is gay is to be believed thats one gay per soccer team.
                                                    And 90% of men at Kylie concerts are straight!

Comment

Poker influence? - bad beats/good beats

Saturday
                                                      Crashed my car into another car in the shopping centre car park.
                                                      (I'll probably have to pay both car repairs to keep my no claims.)

Today
                                                      My repair estimate is only €800.
                                                      Get a letter saying I am due €1,900 as money I saved into my pension was underpaid.

Hoping the other guy's car repair is not a biggie (dodging a two outer).

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                        Straight people have shit taste in music too

Comment

If Kinseys claim that 10% of the male population is gay is to be believed thats one gay per soccer team.
                                                          this is wrong because you are assuming that 100% of the male population play soccer. id imagine teh gheys avoid sports - yeah I know stereotyping FTW

Comment

stayin in dub wednesday night, gettin ferry on thursday at 2pm, need recommendation for hotel, with parking for a van. Also. Stuff to do wed night?
                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post
                                                              U win this on Irish Eyes?
                                                              On Devilfish, which is the same network as Irish Eyes

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                              I'd go to a Kylie concert for sure. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That video for Can't Get You Out Of My Head is awesome.

Originally posted by kincsem View Post

Saturday

Today
                                                              Get a letter saying I am due €1,900 as money I saved into my pension was underpaid.

How is your no claims discount structured? You should work out how much the claim needs to be before you decide whether to pay it yourself or forego your NCD. Its not a hard calc, just needs you to make a few assumptions.

I'd be surprised if its worth > €1500 to you.

Comment

odd, just found out I put my underpants on backwards this morning
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  odd, just found out I put my underpants on backwards this morning
                                                                  You are a strange one for sure
                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                    stayin in dub wednesday night, gettin ferry on thursday at 2pm, need recommendation for hotel, with parking for a van. Also. Stuff to do wed night?
                                                                    Ferry from Dun Laoghaire or town?

Comment

I've no motivation to play poker anymore even though ive made a nice bit of money from it last month. Last month i only played around 10-15 hours id say. I still enjoy playing but i think i am worried i will go on a downswing or something!

I suppose doing other things instead of sitting in front of a lcd screens isnt a bad thing espically when we do get a bit of good weather. Can't decided if its a +ev or -ev yet..

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                        Ferry from Dun Laoghaire or town?
                                                                        Town afaik. To holyhead. Also, any recommendations for bristol nightlife?
                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Town afaik. To holyhead. Also, any recommendations for bristol nightlife?
                                                                          The Holyhead ferry is from Dun Laoghaire afaik.
                                                                          "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Nightmare on Elm Street remake is some dose of KAK....
                                                                            "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

dublin city to holyhead on the ticket
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

dublin city to holyhead on the ticket
                                                                                Sorry, must be one from Dublin port as well then, I've only ever got the Dun Laoghaire one.

Comment

I think Connie collected Kev.
                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

so yeah, wed night in dublin, what to do?
                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

so yeah, wed night in dublin, what to do?
                                                                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs[/ame]

Comment

the regency hotel is doing a special for €49
                                                                                        Free parking
                                                                                        free wi-fi
                                                                                        etc., etc.,

it is about 5km from dublin port.
                                                                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

ya but where's the party at smurph?! Thanks for that. Don't mind price so much as its a work trip
                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Comment

I was contemplating going over as i want to get a couple of decent events in before Vegas.

Comment

...

Comment

I'd go to a Kylie concert for sure. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That video for Can't Get You Out Of My Head is awesome.
                                                                                                  I have nothing against Kylie! I myself was at a Madonna show in slane a few years back(which was piss poor). I was merely pointing out the wrongness of a statement like 10% of population is gay therefore 10% of any group within the population is gay. I would feel fairly confident that >10% of men in a gay bar are gay for another even more obvious example

Comment

Kev.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by hitchhiker's guide to... View Post
                                                                                                      . I'd probably just stay in the o'neills irish pub for beers, but that's purely for safety!

sanctuary!!!! Sanctuary.........

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post

Saturday

Today

you can take out another insurance to protect your no claims bonus costs about 60 quid i think well worth it imo

i have the car insured with hibernian and they allow upto 3000 euros af claims avery 2 years without affecting your no claims bonus
                                                                                                        A

Comment

This man should move into poker with his high level on the spot maths

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9guHfv0Xx4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

I work in the same school as carlop and got the same phonecall this morning saying the Spanish students we were supposed to be teaching couldn't make it here due to the ash. I was pretty wrecked from the weekend too so didn't really mind but I need the money pretty badly which is annoying. Anyway I fired up a $4k gtee $7 rebuy at 10 this morning seeing as I was up and I'm currently heads up, haven't left my bed yet. Beats working anyway. Here's a fun hand from heads up. In case you can't make it out he donked the flop, I raised, he 3b and and i 4b shoved. The old gutterball and bd fd good enough.

Edit: Just scooped it for just shy of $1200.

Comment

lol suited connector

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSlt-vedyL8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSlt-vedyL8[/ame]

Comment

lol

Comment

...

Comment

does anybody have a good triathlon training programme? Im planning on doing the dublin sprint tri at the end of August. My cycling and running is good but my swimming is p!ss poor. Today i only managed 10 lengths - 6 singles and 2 doubles (at a stretch) Il need to do 30 lengths continuous for the race...

any help appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                        One way ticket for Prague booked there for June 2nd. Hopefully the beginning of a three month stay, although slightly interupted by some duties back here.

Not sure how easy its going to be to find an appartment when arrive, but sure feck it - just stay in a hostel for a few days and hit the streets seeing what's available. Could end up being a disastrous strategy, but have already handed in notice on my place here in Preston, and presumably its better to be homeless in Prague than Preston!
                                                                                                                        I bet you never thought you'd become so highly educated and yet face the possibility of homlessness with such frivilious
                                                                                                                        Abandon . I guess staying in academia for so long makes you become the perenniel student and with that you hold onto the
                                                                                                                        Student lifestyle of drink, hostels, and general degenerancy. Get a real job outadat and die of stress like the rest of us, ya cop out ya.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                          does anybody have a good triathlon training programme? Im planning on doing the dublin sprint tri at the end of August. My cycling and running is good but my swimming is p!ss poor. Today i only managed 10 lengths - 6 singles and 2 doubles (at a stretch) Il need to do 30 lengths continuous for the race...

any help appreciated
                                                                                                                          i think hectorjelly has done a couple of these tony, so best to ask him

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X