X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    Barxa 2-0 up, reckon title is in the bag now
    Jesus that was some sweat for a while! Nearly threw away a 3 goal lead against ten men, some game. One hand on the trophy now, but Valladolid kept their survival hopes alive and are in joint 3rd last position now in the drop zone because of head to head so cannot lose and survive next week so they'll be fighting for their lives knowing a draw may be enough to keep them up, a draw would almost certainly hand Real the title. So it'll be certainly interesting.

Actually, there's four teams on 36 points in 19th 18th 17th and 16th...Not sure what the ruling would be there as the various head to heads would all clash. One league table has Valladolid in the drop zone one has them in 16th position. If they all draw I dunno wtf will happen.
    Last edited by Sledgejammer; 08-05-10, 22:14.
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

The Sister-in-law's boyfriend is in the movie business and for a laugh did an auto-doc of his efforts
      to win no votes in the UK election. His real name is Steve Price, but because he didn't want his mates
      voting for him he called himself "Arthur" Price. I'm biased obviously but I thought he did brill at
      the Hustings ....

[ame="http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=tbt7rreB3ss"]http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=tbt7rreB3ss[/ame]
      One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xJbEoc5sDw&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO1g251jF2g[/ame]
        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

showing mike murphys setups on rte1 atm

worth looking at imo

brings it all back when we only had bog 1 and bog 2 in the house

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Where can you watch South park online? I was watching the new series on Megavideo but all the links through Surf the Channel for the new episode have been removed. Anywhere else you ca watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post

worth looking at imo

Just watched it and haven't laughed so much in a longtime. If they put it up on RTE player everyone should make an effort to give it a watch as it is very funny.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                This one from extras cracks me up every time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7Mr...eature=related
                lolaments

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                  Where can you watch South park online? I was watching the new series on Megavideo but all the links through Surf the Channel for the new episode have been removed. Anywhere else you ca watch it?
                  PM sent.

Opr

Comment

Just back from hot tub time machine. Have to say I thought it was gonna be funny, but I was honestly laughing throughout the whole movie. A must watch.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                      Just back from hot tub time machine. Have to say I thought it was gonna be funny, but I was honestly laughing throughout the whole movie. A must watch.
                      Yeah someone slated it here, saw it earlier today and thought it was the best comedy I've seen in ages. I can see why people would hate it though but it's the kind of comedy I really like, plus Craig Robinson is just hilarious. Full of Back To The Future references too, what more could you want
                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        pfft; until you've managed to have the next four years of your life determined based on a pack of cards you can't talk about beats

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...nd/8668624.stm
                        They should have played a game of shithead.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post

worth looking at imo

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                          Just watched it and haven't laughed so much in a longtime. If they put it up on RTE player everyone should make an effort to give it a watch as it is very funny.

Opr
                          Saw that out of the corner of my eye and I was completely blown away to see one of the victims, the guy in the travel agents who was smoking a cigarette, was a guy I knew quite well back then. I vaguely remember hearing about it at the time but hadn't seen it before . Wow just Wow.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just finishing up 2 tournies on stars and another table pops up, wtf. I knew i was reg'd for SCOOPs 18/19 on the 9th May. Didnt expect the $215 Limit Holdem game to be starting at 1am...FML

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              Just finishing up 2 tournies on stars and another table pops up, wtf. I knew i was reg'd for SCOOPs 18/19 on the 9th May. Didnt expect the Limit Holdem game to be starting at 1am...FML
                              I really cant think of anything worse to do right now than play a slow structured limit MTT. Suck to be you!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58
                                At least its a turbo. A proper Limit tourney with a SCOOP structure would be hell.

Edit: Even saying that WTF Tony, a Limit tourney?
                                Limit tourneys can be quite good in the middle/end part - bit borin at the start mind you - but don't knock them all together,

I know some people like TG see NL as sexy but limit can just as fun

Comment

At least its a turbo. A proper Limit tourney with a SCOOP structure would be hell.

Edit: Even saying that WTF Tony, a Limit tourney?
                                  I sat'd in last week, and rather than unreg for t$ i decided to play it for the big spin and see what happens :-)

yuck AA and QQ no good so far sigh

Comment

Yeah 5 minute blinds ftw. Just about to go to 200/400 already

Comment

My friend is going fairly deep in the miniFTOPS event 5. $10 rebuy
                                      11k started, 328 left. 77k for 1st
                                      One time!!!
                                      Denman98 is his sn if anyone wants to rail
                                      "Think of what your opponent wants you to do, and then do the opposite"

Comment

Originally posted by PortOfTheYokes View Post
                                        One time!!!

Will have a look. Can't find any tourneys I really want to play right now.
                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrkThaBWa5c[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9mhsW5aWJM[/ame]
                                          I'd sell your heart to the junkman baby
                                          For a buck, for a buck
                                          If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch
                                          You're out of luck, you're out of luck

Ship is sinking
                                          The ship is sinking
                                          The ship is sinking

There's a leak, there's a leak in the boiler room
                                          The poor, the lame, the blind
                                          Who are the ones that we kept in charge?
                                          Killers, thieves and lawyers

God's away, God's away
                                          God's away on business, business
                                          God's away, God's away

Digging up the dead with a shovel and a pick
                                          It's a job, it's a job
                                          Bloody moon rising with a plague and a flood
                                          Join the mob, join the mob
                                          It's all over, it's all over
                                          It's all over

There's a leak, there's a leak in the boiler room
                                          The poor, the lame, the blind
                                          Who are the ones that we kept in charge?
                                          Killers, thieves and lawyers

God's away, God's away
                                          God's away, God's away on business, business

Godddamn there's always such a big temptation
                                          To be good, to be good
                                          There's always free cheddar in a mousetrap, baby
                                          It's a deal, it's a deal

God's away, God's away
                                          God's away, God's away

I narrow my eyes like a coin slot baby
                                          Let her ring, let her ring

God's away, God's away
                                          God's away, God's away
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                              Limit tourneys can be quite good in the middle/end part - bit borin at the start mind you - but don't knock them all together,

I know some people like TG see NL as sexy but limit can just as fun
                                              I kinda like limit a bit. Have played a good bit of it FWIW, mostly LHE and stud. Its all been shorthanded cash though. Network I played on for the last year or so ran some really soft 2/4 to 10/20 lhe and stud, and got some really good action at 5/10 HU stud and LHE. Also ran some PL 7stud which was a mental mental mental game. It plays like 2.5 times as big as equivalent 4 street games. Nobody that played in the games had played much PL 7stud (including me obv) so games were supersoft. Full table tournament limit games are excruciatingly painful though imo. Not enough gamble for my buck imo.
                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

One time!!!
                                                160 left. Still in. A little above average.

Comment

Limit is grand, in fact the only game in town, when it comes to PLO8 and stud. But i wont hear any arguements in favor of LHE. Shove it up your gash.
                                                  You should try some PL 7stud. Its fun

Comment

One time!!!
                                                    64 left ...he's coming 19th

Comment

14 hours and 45 minutes til Chelsea are Champions

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        14 hours and 45 minutes til Chelsea are Champions
                                                        Most likely, but in fairness to Man United, considering they were definitely out of contention for all major trophies in March and we should laugh at anyone who was stupid enough to disagree with that...One point off the top with one game to go isn't bad

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                          Most likely, but in fairness to Man United, considering they were definitely out of contention for all major trophies in March and we should laugh at anyone who was stupid enough to disagree with that...One point off the top with one game to go isn't bad
                                                          Who said that? I remember back in March saying Chelsea will benefit from being knocked out by Inter and I am happy as this will win us the league.

lol at the people who fobbed me off. 1 game to go and leading the league.

Comment

Bubbleking and Kayroo if memory serves, even going as far as to quote the comment in April as it had been already proven correct obviously

Can't see Chelsea messing it up tomorrow, mind, but stranger things have happened...

Comment

Bubbleking and Kayroo if memory serves, even going as far as to quote the comment in April as it had been already proven correct obviously

Can't see Chelsea messing it up tomorrow, mind, but stranger things have happened...
                                                              It is going to be a spanking or a draw. No nerves and no early goal from United and we find our stride we could well hit 7 at home for the 4th time this year. We gotta score before United for it to be easy peasy. Nerves set in then it could be close.

Chelsea 5-0 imo.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-05-10, 02:56.

Comment

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2ljWwIaHs&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2ljWwIaHs&feature=related[/ame]

Crashed my car into another car in Stillorgan car park today (09 D into 06 D). My fault.

Probably caused by me learning to post YouTube clips on Irish Poker Boards.

Comment

Just back from Ocean Beach near San Diego. OMFG the women. We are one pug-fugly race.

Comment

Comment

I have to start a day shift tomorrow so I've stayed up all night playing poker to reset my body clock. Started in Duck Til Dawn at 3pm, played two tourneys, left about 1am. Back to Sheffield in the Grosvenor, played shit in cash but made up for it with an epic roulette spinup from £5 to £40. Left at 7.30am. Now playing Rush poker at home. I can probably allow myself to sleep around 5 or 6 pm. Will post regular updates.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Roflcopters! I now have $140 at a $25 table. <3 early morning fishies.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($99.63)
                                                                              UTG ($41.92)
                                                                              MP ($6.55)
                                                                              CO ($30.34)
                                                                              Button ($70.26)
                                                                              Hero (SB) ($68.27)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
                                                                              1 fold, MP bets $0.75, 1 fold, Button calls $0.75, Hero raises to $2.75, BB calls $2.50, MP raises to $6.55 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero raises to $15, BB calls $12.25

Flop: ($37.30) 6, A, 5 (3 players, 1 all-in)
                                                                              Hero bets $20, BB calls $20

Turn: ($77.30) K (3 players, 1 all-in)
                                                                              Hero bets $33.27 (All-In), BB calls $33.27

River: ($143.84) 4 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $143.84 | Rake: $3

Results:
                                                                              Hero had A, K (two pair, Aces and Kings).
                                                                              BB had A, J (one pair, Aces).
                                                                              MP had J, J (one pair, Jacks).
                                                                              Outcome: Hero won $140.84
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

new blog update for those who fancy a bit of deep thinking on a sunday morning

http://bubbleking-returnoftheking.bl...1_archive.html

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Just back from Ocean Beach near San Diego. OMFG the women. We are one pug-fugly race.
                                                                                  love san diego - defo second home for me!

all about PB though
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post

good blog entry

Very good realisation and if its what you want . . then i hope you stick by it!

never rule out a 20E tournie in the local, but i think if half of us took your attitude whilst flying through college i would be for the better
                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                      It is going to be a spanking or a draw. No nerves and no early goal from United and we find our stride we could well hit 7 at home for the 4th time this year. We gotta score before United for it to be easy peasy. Nerves set in then it could be close.

Chelsea 5-0 imo.
                                                                                      If Chelsea hold this afternoon does that mean Boggles is no more on the soccer forum?
                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Well worth a watch, especially logorama.

Comment

Good man Tony hope it all works out and wish you all the best, nice read.
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                            Pretty jealous, it's funny how much we stand out over their.

+1 for Pacific Beach though, isn't OB full of jelly fish?
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                              Pretty jealous, it's funny how much we stand out over their.

+1 for Pacific Beach though, isn't OB full of jelly fish?
                                                                                              and bums
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Good luck today Semibluff

You're obv better at the pokers than the football

Comment

San Diego, it's a fact, it's the greatest city in the world. It's one of my main ambitions to go back, what a place.

Comment

San Diego, it's a fact, it's the greatest city in the world. It's one of my main ambitions to go back, what a place.
                                                                                                    I'll be there in Sept

Spanish title looks dusted right now. SImilar to the EPL looks like results between the big 2 to decide it.

I'd never use my one time on a soccer game so I'm calling on the gods to use Fergies ONE TIME today. (ok it's his umpteenth time)

Comment

Nice post and great realization. An IPB'er said to me the other day that poker is the eternal carrot on a string. I'd obv agree it is to many players.

21 days to break a habit - gl

Btw - Did you play soccer in the NEC ever (with Athboy i'm thinking)?
                                                                                                      Last edited by RoadSweeper; 09-05-10, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                        Nice post and great realization. An IPB'er said to me the other day that poker is the eternal carrot on a string. I'd obv agree it is to many players.

21 days to break a habit - gl

Btw - Did you play soccer in the NEC ever (with Athboy i'm thinking)?
                                                                                                        scarily yes - WTF how did you know that?

oh and thanks for all the kind words lads

Comment

From a photo in the updates thread.

I played with BJD Celtic and knew the person looked somewhat familiar. I also knew you were from Meath so went for a guess!

Comment

Beautiful piece of music and the video is perfect!

Opr

Comment

NOTW John Higgins follow-up sory.

Cliffs : All a bit of a damp squib - An ex-Ladbrokes employee claims that JH tried to back against himself in the final against Murphy last year, but she can't really remember the details. He said that he wanted to give himself some cover in the event he lost and that he was trying to bet £1000.

Seems like a non-event story to me, and the whole case against him is going to be exclusively on the Kiev sting from last week.

Comment

I haven't followed it in too much detail, are you still confident he will get away with a slap on the wrists ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Cliffs : All a bit of a damp squib - An ex-Ladbrokes employee claims that JH tried to back against himself in the final against Murphy last year, but she can't really remember the details. He said that he wanted to give himself some cover in the event he lost and that he was trying to bet £1000.

Seems like a non-event story to me, and the whole case against him is going to be exclusively on the Kiev sting from last week.
                                                                                                                  If he did do this he should be shot for being such a retard. Ringing up a place that records calls, giving out his details and then betting against himself in the biggest game in the sports year is beyond rediculous. Get the evidence of this and there is no way back
                                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    I haven't followed it in too much detail, are you still confident he will get away with a slap on the wrists ?
                                                                                                                    Yes, I still think some plea bargain will reached in private between him and Hearn. A five figure fine, loss of enough ranking points to put his Top16 place almost but not quite in jeopardy, and a ban from either the first ranking event or the Premier League (non ranking but a nice cashcow for the players).

The alternative - a straight ban for year(s) or even lifetime would be something Higgins would surely fight in court, and I'm not sure there was enough hard evidence to stand up in the likes of CAS. Who knows if Hearn has the will to have his association being dragged from court to court?

Comment

gg Tony wp. Will hopefully still see ya around if you're still gonna be reporting.

Comment

I think your way overestimating John's will to fight this. He is a disgrace and scum within most supporters eyes now. The negative backlash from the supporters within snooker if he is allowed to play matches next season is something snooker can ill afford. If they are not seen to clean house then the integrity of the game will always be in question. John needs to fall for the sake of snooker imo.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

This is probably the most retarded story I have ever read in newspaper. I would say the chances that it is even remotely accurate are about 1,000,000/1.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X