Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ole what did you think of Band of Brothers?
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
      Meh, me too it appears. I thought he was quoting that from work aka groundhog day + grind
      Today, Feb 2nd is groundhog day.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        btw think you wanted to learn French - have that program up now in the cousin forum as per my sig link!
        thanks, sent you a PM
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          AGAIN?

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
            Meh, me too it appears. I thought he was quoting that from work aka groundhog day + grind

Today, Feb 2nd, is groundhog day.

Comment

Today, Feb 2nd, is groundhog day.
              C'mon Conor, at least try and keep the sentence the same :-)

Comment

Certainly feels likes groundhog day

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5Li08_ie8&feature=fvst[/ame]
                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R6S5CJWlco[/ame]
                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHjDJxkcSE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                    Certainly feels likes groundhog day
                    Maybe because it is Fran?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Serial MTT crushers suilen or 72over. Maybe both at the same time. It will also be a little different from previous wells, because to my knowledge, neither are well known on the live scene, so we know very little about them.
                      I appreciate the vote of confidence but am def not worthy of going into the well. I'm just a low stakes mtt grinder who's been running hot over the last couple of months but hopefully will earn that right eventually
                      It's all an illusion

Comment

So if there is a girl you are mad about and no matter what you do to her the next day is a complete start over/clean slate etc , would you
                        A) spend weeks/months learning how to play the piano etc to impress her
                        Or
                        B) Buy some roofies

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                          So if there is a girl you are mad about and no matter what you do to her the next day is a complete start over/clean slate etc , would you
                          A) spend weeks/months learning how to play the piano etc to impress her
                          Or
                          B) Buy some roofies
                          Find one slightly more stable to be mad about IMO.

Although I could see having a daily clean slate having it's advantages too.
                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

for the oenophiles amongst you; James Nicholson are having their annual sale atm

Comment

Mick O'Leary gets all blondie:

"our results were disappointing but better than expected"

Comment

Living dangerously near and on the bubble FTW imo...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 100 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t43201)
                                CO (t5256)
                                Button (t24050)
                                SB (t16550)
                                BB (t21915)
                                UTG (t16460)
                                UTG+1 (t9994)
                                Hero (MP1) (t38435)
                                MP2 (t27293)

Hero's M: 16.01

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2, 2
                                2 folds, Hero bets t2350, 5 folds, BB calls t1350

Flop: (t6100) 7, J, 4 (2 players)
                                BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t6100) 5 (2 players)
                                BB bets t1000, Hero calls t1000

River: (t8100) 3 (2 players)
                                BB bets t1000, Hero raises to t20000, 1 fold

Total pot: t10100

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 100 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t41701)
                                BB (t89007)
                                UTG (t25950)
                                UTG+1 (t15550)
                                MP1 (t42815)
                                MP2 (t14460)
                                Hero (CO) (t45485)
                                Button (t17293)

Hero's M: 19.78

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, 5
                                4 folds, Hero bets t2450, 2 folds, BB calls t1450

Flop: (t6200) 8, 3, J (2 players)
                                BB bets t2000, Hero raises to t5777, BB calls t3777

Turn: (t17754) 9 (2 players)
                                BB bets t1000, Hero raises to t8575, BB calls t7575

River: (t34904) 8 (2 players)
                                BB checks, Hero bets t28583 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t34904
                                It's all an illusion

Comment

Ok for the younger generation out there. I was Facebook added by some punter I knew many moons ago and then instantly deleted! What does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                    Ok for the younger generation out there. I was Facebook added by some punter I knew many moons ago and then instantly deleted! What does this mean?
                                    Did you add a photo ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                      Anyone know anything about bikes? About to buy one under the 'cycle2work' scheme. Works the same as in Ire - purchased through employer, payments spread over 12 months and deductions taken off pay before calculating tax (meaning you save about 33% off cost of bike).

Don't really know much about bikes but this looks quite good:

Anyone have any advice or suggestions? It would be for occasional long excursions, but mainly for getting to and from work; so quite light use.

Apparently the Boardman bikes are the best you can get, but couldn't really justify that expense.
                                      Sure do.
                                      I have four bikes. The "buying a new bike / bike to work scheme" question has been asked and answered hundreds of times on boards,ie. They even have a sticky on it. You could also go to the cyclesuperstore website and answer the "what type of bike should I get" quiz which will narrow your choice for you.

You could ask a question on boards.ie / sports / cycling, but a better route is put this into Google ...... boards.ie buying a new bicycle advice ..... gives 1,330,000 results, and read the answers on boards.ie from Google.

You must buy a bike / frame to fit your height.

Do you want flat bars or road bike (racer)?
                                      Do you want a rack (back-carrier), or panniers, or any luggage carrying capacity?
                                      Are you young, old, fit, overweight?
                                      Will you be cycling on flat ground only (Dublin city) or going up some hills?

My preference is for a road bike (drop bar racer) with lugs on the frame for attaching racks and / or mudguards.

It is better to have gears. Three of my bikes have triple chainrings on the front and up to ten gears on the back (3x10=30 gears). My bikes are Specialized X 2; Felt; Setavento (busto).

If you are heavy it is better to get wheels with plenty of spokes, say 32 for the back wheel.

I would avoid MTBs (mountain bikes) as they look cool but you are paying for suspension you do not need. Buying a bike for €100 in Halfords is a waste imo (Google .... BSO = bike shaped objects).

The most important thing is good locks (get two) - a Kryptonite New York for about €80 is a must, and another different type (chain) to make taking it a two tool operation.

The chainreactioncycles website is a good place to browse. Most cyclists buy kit there as the prices are good and delivery is free. Prendas is good for clothes.

A great bit of advice is to buy a track pump (about €30) to pump the tyres up extra hard. The bike rolls better / faster and you get less punctures. I went from 35 psi to 110 psi when I got one.

PM me if you want.

Comment

Yeah I have loads of photos! Thats what I thought it was... perhaps a drunken adding and subsequent deleting due to the ravages of time! But I feel handsome enough atm and thats the main thing I guess.

Comment

Yeah I have loads of photos! Thats what I thought it was... perhaps a drunken adding and subsequent deleting due to the ravages of time! But I feel handsome enough atm and thats the main thing I guess.
                                          you're pretty hawt for a poker player

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Some drama in Home and Away these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                you're pretty hawt for a poker player
                                                Caught the ghey imo. Im thinking of sending a creepy intense message back.

Sometimes you really have to wonder are you spending your life as constructivly as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                  Still speechless from today's episode.

Incredible, thrilling, heart-felt, emotional, and sheer excitement all combined into 22 absorbing minutes.

Comment

yeah shanno
                                                    maybe youd like to tell us some of this drama

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
                                                      14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
                                                      13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
                                                      12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
                                                      11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
                                                      10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                      9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
                                                      1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
                                                      2 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
                                                      3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
                                                      4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                      5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
                                                      6 - Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
                                                      7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
                                                      8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Sexton injured (dead leg), Ferris injured (knee)

ho hum, Trimble back in? interesting

Comment

Caught the ghey imo. Im thinking of sending a creepy intense message back.
                                                        please don't

Sometimes you really have to wonder are you spending your life as constructivly as possible!
                                                        meh, working in an office is such a pointless existence that you have to amuse yourself somehow!

Comment

please don't

meh, working in an office is such a pointless existence that you have to amuse yourself somehow!
                                                          I mean to the adder/deleter!!!

And I mean me! Ive somehow spent the last 2 hours on Facebook,something in theory at least I think is pretty gruesome!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            Ole what did you think of Band of Brothers?
                                                            Only watched the first one last night, very promising.
                                                            The only thing was while watching it i kept thinking to myself, the character Schwimmer plays is so like my boss at the moment its scary, the incompetence rather than looks.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

rant in c sharp

"Dakota" is a song by the Welsh band Stereophonics. It was the first single from their fifth studio album Language. Sex. Violence. Other? and was released on...
                                                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHjDJxkcSE[/ame]

This song annoys me!

First time i heard it i was working in a pub, song comes on and im tapping away to it

Lad i work with asks me if i like it, i say ya, he laughs

"you do know thats the sterophonics" he said

"no cant be" i said

"ya, what will your musio mates think of you liking the sterophonics hahahahah" he said

"meh its a good song" he said, no wait i said, ya i said (there is no she said in this im afraid)

few minutes later i go back to him
                                                              "that song has me annoyed now, they always seemed like a nice bunch of lads who just couldnt write, but they can, they can write a nice tune like that and instead they write bland horrible $hit" i said

"ya was thinking the same thing when i first heard it" he said

This song annoys me!

Comment

Originally posted by zuppy View Post
                                                                As for Benitez, imho, he's not a top club manager. If you want someone to get you out of trouble, use tactical nous to get the best out of bad players who know the system, he's your man. I honestly think he'd be better suited at Bolton or Blackburn than Liverpool. He's consistently shown an inability to get the best out of his quality players. Gerrard ended up playing that role behind the striker as a result of him running out of strikers not as a result of Benitez identifying it as his best position. His best before then was from the left of midfield. Look at the list of players, many of whom are doing well elsewhere or were proven stars, that he's failed to get the best from - Bellamy, Litmanen, Morientes, Crouch to name a few. Keane was never given a decent chance (though that transfer was a joke) and you have to wonder about Aquilani and Babel. He really struggles with trusting attacking/flair players which is why Kuyt so often plays ahead of Benayoun. He basically sets up his team to nullify the opposition, even if the opposition is Wolves. Where is he best suited? Liverpool or Bolton?
                                                                This is so wrong I don't know where to start.

First, Litmanen was signed and sold by Houllier. Crouch was a signing that raised eyebrows at the time, was derided when he went on a long scoreless streak but Rafa stood by him and kept him in the team. When Torres was signed Crouch was not happy to be a backup player and rejected a new contract offer, and then sold for a profit.

Bellamy had been a trouble player at nearly every club he went to, yet was sold for a profit. There was also that golf club incident with Riise.

Morientes never looked comfortable in his half a season there as a lot of imports tend to do.

Keane never got a chance? He started practically every game, did nothing for most of them, and was taken off when contributing nothing with a big sulk on his head. He went back to Spurs where Harry has barely played him this season. Are you saying that the fabled Arry Redknapp is a bad man manager now for not giving him a chance?

Against Wolves Torres, Benayoun and Johnson were out and they are 3 of our most attacking players. It was a trerrible performance, no doubting that, but to say that the top scorers from last season have a manager that don't know how to get his players to attack is stupid. When most teams do stuff it is because of the manager. Wehn Liverpool do things it is in spite of the manager. How is this not hypocritical? Spouting most of the crap that the media come out with is harldly creative.

Villa and Spurs have almost certainly spent more money over the last few years than Liverpool yet have never come close to matching Liverpools league finishing positions. Even this season, in the midst of Liverpools worst season for years, they are barely in a better league position yet there is no public outcry for O'Neills or Redknapps head.

Obviously I am not happy with Liverpools league position, but to attack one individual for something while leaving others unscathed for the same thing is pure hypocrisy. He is a victim of his own, and the clubs previous, successes, as well as a victim of the media at larges dislike of him.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  Bellamy had been a trouble player at nearly every club he went to, yet was sold for a profit. There was also that golf club incident with Riise.
                                                                  Getting kicked out of liverpool seemed to be the thing that finally made Bellamy grow up

Different player SINCE

Comment

5star, as a 'pool fan, what do you think of your team's playing style under Benitez?

Comment

Oscar Nominees

Actor in a Leading Role

Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart

George Clooney in Up in the Air

Colin Firth in A Single Man

Morgan Freeman in Invictus

Jeremy Renner in The Hurt Locker

Actor in a Supporting Role

Matt Damon in Invictus

Woody Harrelson in The Messenger

Christopher Plummer in The Last Station

Stanley Tucci in The Lovely Bones

Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds

Actress in a Leading Role

Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side

Helen Mirren in The Last Station

Carey Mulligan in An Education

Gabourey Sidibe in Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire

Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia

Actress in a Supporting Role

Penélope Cruz in Nine

Vera Farmiga in Up in the Air

Maggie Gyllenhaal in Crazy Heart

Anna Kendrick in Up in the Air

Mo’Nique in Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire

Best Picture

The Blind Side

District 9

An Education

The Hurt Locker

Inglourious Basterds

Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire

A Serious Man

Up

Up in the Air

Directing

Avatar - James Cameron

The Hurt Locker - Kathryn Bigelow

Inglourious Basterds - Quentin Tarantino

Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire - Lee Daniels

Up in the Air - Jason Reitman

Animated Feature Film

Coraline - Henry Selick

Fantastic Mr. Fox - Wes Anderson

The Princess and the Frog - John Musker and Ron Clements

The Secret of Kells - Tomm Moore

Up - Pete Docter

Art Direction

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Nine

Sherlock Holmes

The Young Victoria

Cinematography

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The Hurt Locker

Inglourious Basterds

The White Ribbon

Costume Design

Bright Star

Coco before Chanel

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Nine

The Young Victoria

Documentary (Feature)

Burma VJ

The Cove

Food, Inc.

The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers

Which Way Home

Documentary (Short Subject)

China’s Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province

The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner

The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant

Music by Prudence

Rabbit à la Berlin

Film Editing

District 9

The Hurt Locker

Inglourious Basterds

Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire

Foreign Language Film

Ajami- Israel

El Secreto de Sus Ojos - Argentina

The Milk of Sorrow - Peru

Un Prophète - France

The White Ribbon - Germany

Makeup

Il Divo

Star Trek

The Young Victoria

Music (Original Score)

Fantastic Mr. Fox

The Hurt Locker

Sherlock Holmes

Up

Music (Original Song)

Almost There (The Princess and the Frog) - Randy Newman

Down in New Orleans (The Princess and the Frog) - Randy Newman

Loin de Paname (Paris 36) - Reinhardt Wagner and Frank Thomas

Take It All (Nine) - Maury Yeston

The Weary Kind (Crazy Heart) - Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett

Short Film (Animated)

French Roast - Fabrice O. Joubert

Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty - Nicky Phelan and Darragh O’Connell

The Lady and the Reaper (La Dama y la Muerte) - Javier Recio Gracia

Logorama - Nicolas Schmerkin

A Matter of Loaf and Death - Nick Park

Short Film (Live Action)

The Door

Instead of Abracadabra

Kavi

Miracle Fish

The New Tenants

Sound Editing

The Hurt Locker

Inglourious Basterds

Star Trek

Up

Sound Mixing

The Hurt Locker

Inglourious Basterds

Star Trek

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Visual Effects

District 9

Star Trek

Writing (Adapted Screenplay)

District 9 - Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell

An Education - Nick Hornby

In the Loop - Jesse Armstrong, Simon Blackwell, Armando Iannucci, Tony Roche

Precious - Geoffrey Fletcher

Up in the Air - Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner

Writing (Original Screenplay)

The Hurt Locker - Mark Boal

Inglourious Basterds - Quentin Tarantino

The Messenger - Alessandro Camon & Oren Moverman

A Serious Man - Joel & Ethan Coen

Up - Bob Peterson, Pete Docter, Tom McCarthy
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

5star, as a 'pool fan, what do you think of your team's playing style under Benitez?
                                                                        Better than it was under Houllier anyhow.

However, I would love to be blinded by brilliance every time they play, but tbh even the best teams don't do that all the time. Liverpool have not really done it at all this season though, and that is a bit strange considering the form for the second half of the season last year.

It could certainly be more attractive, but additions like Glen Johnson and a fit Albert Riera help this out imo, and the problem is keeping players fit.

If you get a Liverpool team with a fully fit Torres, Gerrard, Johnson, Riera and Benayoun (although it would likely be one of the last 2 only) in it then it is a different prospect I think, but even when playing, Gerrard and Torres have been carrying knocks this season for chunks of it, and Johnson is in his second layoff while Riera is only coming back from injury and Benayoun in is the middle of a layoff.

Liverpools squad is not good enough in depth to look spectacular when most of those players are out. The cover at right back, Degen, is injury prone as well, and Carragher doesn't pose much of an attacking threat at all from there.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          Better than it was under Houllier anyhow.

However, I would love to be blinded by brilliance every time they play, but tbh even the best teams don't do that all the time. Liverpool have not really done it at all this season though, and that is a bit strange considering the form for the second half of the season last year.

It could certainly be more attractive, but additions like Glen Johnson and a fit Albert Riera help this out imo, and the problem is keeping players fit.

If you get a Liverpool team with a fully fit Torres, Gerrard, Johnson, Riera and Benayoun (although it would likely be one of the last 2 only) in it then it is a different prospect I think, but even when playing, Gerrard and Torres have been carrying knocks this season for chunks of it, and Johnson is in his second layoff while Riera is only coming back from injury and Benayoun in is the middle of a layoff.

Liverpools squad is not good enough in depth to look spectacular when most of those players are out. The cover at right back, Degen, is injury prone as well, and Carragher doesn't pose much of an attacking threat at all from there.
                                                                          even if all those guys are playing, I'd still rather watch Wigan than Liverpool - at least they're trying to play an attractive style. And being 'attractive' doesn't automatically mean 'not effective'; look at Barcelona for example.

Just a thought from a neutral (Premiership-wise anyway); Benitez almost seems to actively be trying to coach the natural flair and initiative out of his players.

I thought Pennant's interview was interesting in this regard (obv. you have to take what he says with a grain of salt but to me, it looks mostly justified based on what you see on the pitch)

Comment

even if all those guys are playing, I'd still rather watch Wigan than Liverpool - at least they're trying to play an attractive style. And being 'attractive' doesn't automatically mean 'not effective'; look at Barcelona for example.

Just a thought from a neutral (Premiership-wise anyway); Benitez almost seems to actively be trying to coach the natural flair and initiative out of his players.

I thought Pennant's interview was interesting in this regard (obv. you have to take what he says with a grain of salt but to me, it looks mostly justified based on what you see on the pitch)

Can I ask how does a team score the most goals in the league(Liverpool last year) by not playing an attractive style? As for Pennants interview, he's basically making up excuses as to why he couldn't cut it at the top level of football.

"I don't see how a player can play at an average team and be great and go to Liverpool and be not as great. It should be a lot easier," - It's because your shit Jermaine, simple as that.
                                                                            Last edited by Teddie; 02-02-10, 15:43.

Comment

15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
                                                                              14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
                                                                              13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
                                                                              12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
                                                                              11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
                                                                              10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                                              9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
                                                                              1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
                                                                              2 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
                                                                              3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
                                                                              4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                                              5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
                                                                              6 - Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
                                                                              7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
                                                                              8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Sexton injured (dead leg), Ferris injured (knee)

ho hum, Trimble back in? interesting
                                                                              It was either Horgan or Trimble for me. Earls just hasn't done enough to convince me but he is better bench cover then Horgan for obvious reasons.

Really there isn't much to say on the first 15 other than that. I'm delighted to see McLaughlin get a run out but I'm not sure he's as good as he was earlier in the season. He'll be a very interesting one to watch to see if the international scene suits him. I suspect he'll thrive on it.

Good to see Leo Cullen get the bench spot too. Well deserved imo. It should keep O'Callaghan honest. It really says something about the front row strength in depth that Rory Best gets straight back in. I'd say Fogarty is a little disappointed and not without reason but Best did look decent for Ireland A and does have plenty of experience. Jennings ban has really cost him he was at one stage pushing Wallace for his starting spot imo and now he's not even making the bench.

I like the fact that we have the Italians first as it should allow us to ease ourselves into the Championship and I think the Irish players are a little undercooked due to the weather lay-off etc. BUT if I'm honest of the three games this weekend the Irish game will probably be the most dull. Still I'll gladly roar on the team at Croker. Not exactly every year we start as defending Grand Slam champions.

I'm really looking forward to watching Scotland v France. That game should tell us a huge amount about the destination of the championship as a whole.
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

bita bloggage!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                  Can I ask how does a team score the most goals in the league(Liverpool last year) by not playing an attractive style?
                                                                                  I don't know but somehow it happened
                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

John Terry - in this snippet he comes across as a combination of Vicky Pollard and the wheelchair-bound one out of Andy and Lou.

Rest of the article is an interesting enough insight into the downside of being a WAG.

I bumped into John Terry at a restaurant in Esher, Surrey, several years ago. It was a lovely Lebanese restaurant and it was a balmy summer evening so everyone sat outside. My table was next to Terry’s. There was a certain buzz in the restaurant as everyone turned to take a glimpse at this famous diner. Terry was clearly aware of the interest that he was generating. He looked at the menu and looked up at the waiter who came to take their orders.

“I’ll have burger and chips,” he said. His wife looked embarrassed. “You can’t John. It is a Lebanese restaurant. They don’t have burger and chips here,” he was told.

“That’s what I want,” he said. Clearly what Terry wants he usually gets. The waiter explained that they had no burger and chips. “Everything we have is on the menu. We serve only Lebanese food.”

Terry sent the waiter inside to check with the chef and bring him what he wanted. The waiter came back out again and said he was sorry but the chef said no.

“Send the chef out,” Terry said.

Minutes later a white-apron-clad chef came storming through the restaurant towards Terry’s table outside. He approached the England captain from behind, and said angrily: “This is not a burger bar. It’s a Lebanese restaurant. We don’t do burgers.” He then looked down and saw who he was talking to and said: “Oh my God, John Terry. I’m a big Chelsea fan. Of course you can have burger and chips, I’ll get them straight away.” If you are Terry, it seems, the rules are different from those that exist for other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                      Oscar Nominees

Am I alone in thinking that "The Hurt locker" was a pile of excrement? It made "The Deer Hunter" look like the work of Shakespeare imo.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Can I ask how does a team score the most goals in the league(Liverpool last year) by not playing an attractive style? As for Pennants interview, he's basically making up excuses as to why he couldn't cut it at the top level of football.

"I don't see how a player can play at an average team and be great and go to Liverpool and be not as great. It should be a lot easier," - It's because your shit Jermaine, simple as that.
                                                                                        hey, it's just a subjective opinion; Liverpool are boring to watch. I watched most of their CL qualifiers this year and they were truly dreadful.

For such a great club with such a superb fanbase and history (there, I said something nice!), the poverty of ambition on the pitch is woeful.

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                          yeah shanno
                                                                                          maybe youd like to tell us some of this drama
                                                                                          too much to mention, on again at 6.30.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            John Terry - in this snippet he comes across as a combination of Vicky Pollard and the wheelchair-bound one out of Andy and Lou.

Rest of the article is an interesting enough insight into the downside of being a WAG.

I bumped into John Terry at a restaurant in Esher, Surrey, several years ago. It was a lovely Lebanese restaurant and it was a balmy summer evening so everyone sat outside. My table was next to Terry’s. There was a certain buzz in the restaurant as everyone turned to take a glimpse at this famous diner. Terry was clearly aware of the interest that he was generating. He looked at the menu and looked up at the waiter who came to take their orders.

“I’ll have burger and chips,” he said. His wife looked embarrassed. “You can’t John. It is a Lebanese restaurant. They don’t have burger and chips here,” he was told.

“That’s what I want,” he said. Clearly what Terry wants he usually gets. The waiter explained that they had no burger and chips. “Everything we have is on the menu. We serve only Lebanese food.”

Terry sent the waiter inside to check with the chef and bring him what he wanted. The waiter came back out again and said he was sorry but the chef said no.

“Send the chef out,” Terry said.

Minutes later a white-apron-clad chef came storming through the restaurant towards Terry’s table outside. He approached the England captain from behind, and said angrily: “This is not a burger bar. It’s a Lebanese restaurant. We don’t do burgers.” He then looked down and saw who he was talking to and said: “Oh my God, John Terry. I’m a big Chelsea fan. Of course you can have burger and chips, I’ll get them straight away.” If you are Terry, it seems, the rules are different from those that exist for other people.

If anyone is to blame it's the chef tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                              Am I alone in thinking that "The Hurt locker" was a pile of excrement? It made "The Deer Hunter" look like the work of Shakespeare imo.
                                                                                              Absolutely nothing new in it, as i said before, it has been done countless times.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                Absolutely nothing new in it, as i said before, it has been done countless times.
                                                                                                It felt like half a movie done using the movie by numbers method. Stick it in Iraq and get multiple Oscar nominations.

Comment

If anyone is to blame it's the chef tbh.
                                                                                                  In fairness to the Chef maybe he spat on the burger or dropped in some of his own special sauce.

Comment

I quite enjoyed the hurt locker , I thought it was intense.

Comment

I could argue with the whole of 5stars post but it would take a few paragraphs. In my view Rafa confidence is shot
                                                                                                      I don't see how he will get it back at Liverpool so a parting of the ways is inevitable. In quite a few games last season he allowed his own cautious style to undermine the form of the team and resulted in some of the pressure being eased on United as Liverpool let some teams off the hook. ALthough the team led by Gerrard rescued quite a few games that were dead and buried by the sheer will power of their captain and the brillance of Torres.

I do think at times Liverpool did play some attractive football last term , they were excellent at Old Trafford but frnakly they should approach all games with that mentality if they want to win the league. It's what happens next that shows you the managers mettle. (or lack of)

Comment

I mean to the adder/deleter!!!

And I mean me! Ive somehow spent the last 2 hours on Facebook,something in theory at least I think is pretty gruesome!!!!
                                                                                                        I hope the crops and animals are keeping well in Farmville

Comment

lol @ Pennat's comments, he's currently flourishing in Spain with his new found freedom!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                            I quite enjoyed the hurt locker , I thought it was intense.
                                                                                                            Along the intense theme Willie, I know you liked the Road, have you seen The Messenger or Worlds Greatest Dad ? 2 pretty intense films.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                              Along the intense theme Willie, I know you liked the Road, have you seen The Messenger or Worlds Greatest Dad ? 2 pretty intense films.
                                                                                                              Nope I havn't seen the world greatest dad (not since the late 70 sob sob) or the messenger.

Comment

I just picked up a game called Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox. A role playing game based in space, for those who don't know. Anyway, within in the first few minutes we're introduced to a character called Miranda who, as far as video game characters go, is quite delectable looking:

I couldn't help but think that she looks really really familiar though. Very much like a girl I know, or possibly even been with! Then curiosity got the better of me and I googled who voiced her because sometimes we can get lucky and have someone like Mila Kunis (Meg, Family Guy) do voiceovers.

When I find out her name, I realise that I probably haven't been with her or anyone that looks like her because it's actually Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck.

Bah!

Comment

I have watched 3 films the last few days and all 3 can be filed in the cack/do not watch again section,

The Hurt Locker, The Invention of Lying and Pandorum

Comment

Sick hand there in a .5/1 game. Had AQos on a 10c Jh Kc flop. Get it all in 3 ways vs Ac8c and QhKh. Turn brings another heart and river completes the BD flush.

Comment

Who is old enough to verify something like this

Nils Leidholm is a Swedish bloke who scored against Brazil in the 1958 cup final. He played most of his career at AC Milan, later going on to manage them and give a sixteen year old kid called Paulo Maldini his first team debut.

Here's the really mental bit. Apparently he went two years at Milan without misplacing a single pass. When he eventually got one wrong the Milanese fans gave him a 5 minute standing ovation. How cool is that?
                                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I have watched 3 films the last few days and all 3 can be filed in the cack/do not watch again section,

The Invention of Lying is just plain ridic, it should have been called "People Blurting out the truth for comedic effect"
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Inglorious Basterds can be added to that list for me. I paid 75c to rent if for a night in the US and tbh I was considering asking for a refund (except I rented it from a vending machine....)!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X