This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace View Post
    yea i used to be in his class and then he failed 1st year - so i think he's in final year now, - why is it odd that he's a student?

Conor? eh don't know him - must be in final year now
    you still in college? Don't really like airing all this dirty washing in public.

Essentially he was fired from his role within Pokersoc after money went missing (subsequently returned). While they were investigating the missing money, they discovered that he wasn't actually a student, could definitely be something as simple as not having paid the university fees, but who's to know.

He'd been attending lectures and everything.

Comment

you should have a look at the new magazine in the dcu forum. it's a good ol' read.
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-04-10, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Flishie View Post
        I don't play live often but have come to like it lately playing 3 times in the last 2 weeks in the local.
        3 games isn't alot but how bad can i run. Gona vent my 3 exit hands and hopefully if I play again on Thur my luck will change.

1. Button min raises and I push 44 in SB. Button think and calls with K6dd and 2bb behind. The board double pairs and his K kicks.

2. This one just played itself. Raise to 2k from UTG and I shove for only 1 BB more in SB with QQ. Called from BB and UTG. K,10,x flop. UTG bets and BB folds. K,J for UTG. Turn is Q giving me the best hand but river is A giving UTG the nuts.

3. Tonight's disaster hurt the most. I'm in MP with 14.5BB (average is at most 18BB) and blinds at 500/1k. 8 handed with 17 players still in. I raise 2.5k with A,A. Folded to villain in SB who makes it 5k altogether(villain had about 17BB before hands were dealt). I think about it and push the rest into the pot. Villain snap calls and I show the goods. As I'm quickly turning over my hand Villain is doing the same, so I'm thinking he has KK/QQ/AKs or the like. Villain shows 6c,7c. Cards come 3,4,5/2/7.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

Is playing live for 30 or 40 euro like playing 10c tourneys online?

F**king not a good start to the live gaming!
        You wil find live play is just like online, players are as mixed (dont wanna just call them bad) and variance is your master. keep playing keep getting it in ahead. Run better.....

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
          you still in college? Don't really like airing all this dirty washing in public.

Essentially he was fired from his role within Pokersoc after money went missing (subsequently returned). While they were investigating the missing money, they discovered that he wasn't actually a student, could definitely be something as simple as not having paid the university fees, but who's to know.

lol. hero.
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

phantom_lord, great shout.

Ridiculous!

Comment

I don't play live often but have come to like it lately playing 3 times in the last 2 weeks in the local.
              3 games isn't alot but how bad can i run. Gona vent my 3 exit hands and hopefully if I play again on Thur my luck will change.

1. Button min raises and I push 44 in SB. Button think and calls with K6dd and 2bb behind. The board double pairs and his K kicks.

2. This one just played itself. Raise to 2k from UTG and I shove for only 1 BB more in SB with QQ. Called from BB and UTG. K,10,x flop. UTG bets and BB folds. K,J for UTG. Turn is Q giving me the best hand but river is A giving UTG the nuts.

3. Tonight's disaster hurt the most. I'm in MP with 14.5BB (average is at most 18BB) and blinds at 500/1k. 8 handed with 17 players still in. I raise 2.5k with A,A. Folded to villain in SB who makes it 5k altogether(villain had about 17BB before hands were dealt). I think about it and push the rest into the pot. Villain snap calls and I show the goods. As I'm quickly turning over my hand Villain is doing the same, so I'm thinking he has KK/QQ/AKs or the like. Villain shows 6c,7c. Cards come 3,4,5/2/7.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

Is playing live for 30 or 40 euro like playing 10c tourneys online?

F**king not a good start to the live gaming!

That was you who had AA sorry man had to call getting good odds and that.

Comment

I would say the standard online is better at 10c tournies.
                It defo seems that way alright. Was gona play a few games online now but I don't think I would have the head for it. So a day or 2 off is prob best. I'm back to square one on the tilt control metre! Easier to take a bad beat when you're playing 4 or so tables!!

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                You wil find live play is just like online, players are as mixed (dont wanna just call them bad) and variance is your master. keep playing keep getting it in ahead. Run better.....
                From the hands that I have seen go to showdown in these 3 live games, I would have to think there is money to be made live but it's not as easy just to jump into another live game

Roll on Thursday FTW

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                  you should have a look at the new magazine in the dcu forum. it's a good ol' read.
                  phantom_lord, great shout.

Ridiculous!
                  http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055881814
                  wow - surprised that no one mentioned it to me - good few doin masters in dcu who were in our class - strange - but last time i was talkin to him (before this) he was doin exams and stuff -

serious headline though.

O and i graduated last year.

Comment

The board just counterfeited a guys 88 10102AA board, i raised ep bet flop and i throw a river half pot bet in and the fcuker calls with 8 high!...obv i had 76s.

Comment

He's probably one of the lads that used to run UCD Pokersoc. God they where a corrupt lot. Kept like half the prizepool everyweek and got away with it for far too long
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                        That was you who had AA sorry man had to call getting good odds and that.
                        LOL. Odds my neonBallsac!

I doubt Villain would understand odds/varience/poker/how to use a f**kin computer to join this site

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                          He's probably one of the lads that used to run UCD Pokersoc. God they where a corrupt lot. Kept like half the prizepool everyweek and got away with it for far too long
                          na he wasn't in ucd.

Comment

It defo seems that way alright. Was gona play a few games online now but I don't think I would have the head for it. So a day or 2 off is prob best. I'm back to square one on the tilt control metre! Easier to take a bad beat when you're playing 4 or so tables!!

From the hands that I have seen go to showdown in these 3 live games, I would have to think there is money to be made live but it's not as easy just to jump into another live game

Roll on Thursday FTW
                            you have to be realistic about it, i went over 40 45man tournys online the other day without cashing so you can easily go 2 dozen games without cashing live, just annoyance travel and all. the more you play easier tilt is, also when like me you conclude your poor player beats are much easier cause i always get it in behind.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              At 54 seconds, is that father and daughter or boyfriend and girlfriend?
                              I'm not sure which answer would puzzle me more.

Comment

you have to be realistic about it, i went over 40 45man tournys online the other day without cashing so you can easily go 2 dozen games without cashing live, just annoyance travel and all. the more you play easier tilt is, also when like me you conclude your poor player beats are much easier cause i always get it in behind.
                                I've learned to control any tilt online, well as much as possible. It seems to me that I will have to start again at controlling it for live games. ie. When villain flops the nuts, I stand up(red-faced) and say "WTF are you even doing in the hand?". Suddenly I realise I'm not in front of the computer screen, wish everyone luck and leave. This statement is poor form on my part and not a way I want to portray myself in the future. Better bring an ice pack in future to keep cool

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                  Yeah there seemed to be a few dodgy dealings with them alright.
                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                      Please tell me that isn't a really really good photoshop..

Comment

Yeah there seemed to be a few dodgy dealings with them alright.
                                        does that guy that owns the shop out there still play?

i remember back 5 years ago (wow seems an age) the likes of smoothcall and i think conbro used to clean that poor chap out in cash games - they were makin more money v him than playin and winning a tourney...

Comment

Also, for this hand, one of the guys (who I've just discovered is an Actuarial Mathematics student ) who Final Tabled, said, and I quote "I could never lay that down in that pot, you've got odds for your set".

I clapped
                                          Yeah but he's a DCU actuary

Seriously though, we had a pretty much full class poker night for charity a while back, and for people who get maths and stats extremely well, they are horrific at applying it to real life situations. Some of the shit they did and came out with was just mindbottling.

Comment

Yeah but he's a DCU actuary

Seriously though, we had a pretty much full class poker night for charity a while back, and for people who get maths and stats extremely well, they are horrific at applying it to real life situations. Some of the shit they did and came out with was just mindbottling.
                                            just look @ me 4 example

but actually now that you mention it - one of my best mates - who got like a 90% average in final year and indeed every year in our course - set up threads back a few years ago on boards and i remember people thinking it was an absoulte idiot - he just couldn't get the poker/math side of it.

same guy gets betting sports/betfair and makes a good living from it. strange.

Comment

does that guy that owns the shop out there still play?

i remember back 5 years ago (wow seems an age) the likes of smoothcall and i think conbro used to clean that poor chap out in cash games - they were makin more money v him than playin and winning a tourney...
                                              Yeah that was Mark

He's a nice guy

There was plenty of times where a cash game got going on the side, and a few of us would be playing nickel/dime type stuff while ConBro, Chubs, John O'Shea, some random student with money but who sucked and Mark the shopkeeper played 2/5 PLO, or ROE. We was in awe.

Comment

just look @ me 4 example

but actually now that you mention it - one of my best mates - who got like a 90% average in final year and indeed every year in our course - set up threads back a few years ago on boards and i remember people thinking it was an absoulte idiot - he just couldn't get the poker/math side of it.

same guy gets betting sports/betfair and makes a good living from it. strange.
                                                Kind of like a different form of intelligence, that some people are just out on their feet at, or perhaps people with some experience of poker are just shocked at how little a newcomer actually knows despite any innate mathematical talent. I dunno. I just find it interesting.

Comment

Why the fck didnt i isolate bolllllllox.

Comment

was there just alot of posts deleted there?

Comment

Yeah that was Mark

He's a nice guy

There was plenty of times where a cash game got going on the side, and a few of us would be playing nickel/dime type stuff while ConBro, Chubs, John O'Shea, some random student with money but who sucked and Mark the shopkeeper played 2/5 PLO, or ROE. We was in awe.
                                                      Their hourly rate was nothing on what I was raking in on the 20/50nl games

But yeah he's actually really sound, but really should not have been playing in that game at all.
                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Yeah that was Mark

He's a nice guy

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                        Their hourly rate was nothing on what I was raking in on the 20/50nl games

But yeah he's actually really sound, but really should not have been playing in that game at all.
                                                        they weren't playin that high when i was there - though i can see why the lads up up the stakes - sure mark could afford it and wanted to keep nits like tommygunne out
                                                        Last edited by Ace; 13-04-10, 00:23.

Comment

just watching sparticus and pacific here. oz really has a lot to answer for imo.

Comment

was there just alot of posts deleted there?
                                                            looks that way, I wonder why?

Comment

anyone here a graphic designer? Need a new logo for our newly formed magic society.
                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                looks that way, I wonder why?
                                                                what was deleted? can't see anything?

Comment

Why oh why do i put myself through Flashforward week in week out? The ONLY redeaming feature this week was a wet shirt. It must be the basic plot, because the storylines and acting are epic bad imo.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

lol Shane, permission to undelete that post?
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

dave browne is the greatest imo

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Why oh why do i put myself through Flashforward week in week out? The ONLY redeaming feature this week was a wet shirt. It must be the basic plot, because the storylines and acting are epic bad imo.
                                                                        I think its picked up since it restarted after the break. Last 2 episodes have been good imo.
                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

just watching sparticus and pacific here. oz really has a lot to answer for imo.
                                                                          Jupiters cock! try watching them separately just finished ep 12 sparticus, is that it till season 2? .. I feel myself turning into one of the spectators in the arena, in some parts .

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            I find I end up watching BoB about once every 4 months or so. Fantastic series, the Bastogne episode is one of the best TV episodes ever made imo.
                                                                            +1

I imagine it's impossible to ever convey the hell that winter must have been for all involved but by god I doubt any tv show/film will ever make a better attempt to do it justice.
                                                                            I have never felt as claustrophobic watching a tv show as I did watching that. So grim and yet so compelling.

Comment

The ending of the most recent episode was highly LOL.
                                                                              I hear it's very likely it will not get renewed so may as well stick with it and hope they just tie it all up.

Comment

A wee HA victory...

Nout major but after a shitty weekend at the office it feels good to ship something
                                                                                It's all an illusion

Comment

http://blog.partypoker.com/big-game-...log-day-2.html
                                                                                  Didn't think cash games hand reporting would be interesting but the 48 hous non stop seems to be having the desired effect. David " viffer" peat is dominating .

Comment

Any recommendations for Dublin pubs with decent beer gardens for this weekend gents.

Going to that Pichet restaurant on Thurs and will report back on the steak.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                      Any recommendations for Dublin pubs with decent beer gardens for this weekend gents.

Going to that Pichet restaurant on Thurs and will report back on the steak.
                                                                                      If your in the city center diceys has a good beer garden other than there in town nowhere is great that i can think of.

Comment

If your in the city center diceys has a good beer garden other than there in town nowhere is great that i can think of.
                                                                                        Thanks..but i hate Diceys, might have to go further afield

Comment

Just happened to see the Bastogne episode last nite between laying at Turf Paradise, bleak stuff but well put together. I thought that nurse was going to get it after the failed pulling of the guts part in the church with the soilder and the chocolate eating scene between them later on. He really shouldnt have mentioned her dirty fingers when she was breaking the chocolate because that got her all self concious and he definately should have accepted a square of chocolate as women really dont like gorging without others in their company doing likewise. The music on the show is great.

Comment

what program is that rounders?
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              what program is that rounders?
                                                                                              Band Of Brothers.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Band Of Brothers.
                                                                                                thanks, it's next on my list of 'boxsets to buy'

still got a few month's worth of the West Wing to get through first

Comment

I know it has been recomended here alot, The West Wing, never seen an episode of it ! Then again i had never watched The Sopranos, The Wire, Band Of Brothers when they were on TV at the time, had no real interest but may give West Wing a look, cant beat a good drama !
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I know it has been recomended here alot, The West Wing, never seen an episode of it ! Then again i had never watched The Sopranos, The Wire, Band Of Brothers when they were on TV at the time, had no real interest but may give West Wing a look, cant beat a good drama !
                                                                                                    I didn't actually expect much of it but it's superb.

A little bit preachy at times (there is a fairly strong political message in it) but the characterisation and plot are very good.

Comment

Yeah id say youd like it Raoul Duke, war themes arent my favourite though, "forgive and forget Fawlty". Way behind everyone else here but im currently watching Entourage and loving it. Im on the first part of the 3rd series, i loved the James Woods apperance on one of these shows, every time i see him i think of Lester Diamond. Ari is class and i get the impression it could get even better.

Comment

i was gonna move away for the summer but i don't think i'll bother at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

A little bit preachy at times (there is a fairly strong political message in it)
                                                                                                          i found that so irritating. bloody lefties!

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                            Thanks..but i hate Diceys, might have to go further afield
                                                                                                            well if near rathfarnum cant beat the orchard.

Comment

i was gonna move away for the summer but i don't think i'll bother at this rate.
                                                                                                              Since you said that i can already see the thunder clouds forming.

Comment

i found that so irritating. bloody lefties!
                                                                                                                ah well

lefties in America = screaming right-wingers here

so I just let it wash over me. I can see how Republicans might have disliked it though - hell of a lot of anti-gun ownership rhetoric in the first couple of seasons. Also some nice slagging off of the Christian right\anti-abortion crew.

I love the fact that they're all (including the President) pretty dorky!

edit; 20,000 posts in here coming up today. wp

Comment

With the deaths this weekend of the Polish President and the crash killing Michel SlaZenger , the poem Death the Leveller
                                                                                                                  By James Shirley (died 1666) rings though, was reading it on the balcony in the sun yesterday. The Poem is worth adding to the BBV wealth of culture/bullshit.

Death the Leveller.
                                                                                                                  THE glories of our blood and state
                                                                                                                  Are shadows, not substantial things;
                                                                                                                  There is no armour against Fate;
                                                                                                                  Death lays his icy hand on kings:
                                                                                                                  Sceptre and Crown
                                                                                                                  Must tumble down,
                                                                                                                  And in the dust be equal made
                                                                                                                  With the poor crooked scythe and spade.

Some men with swords may reap the field,
                                                                                                                  And plant fresh laurels where they kill:
                                                                                                                  But their strong nerves at last must yield;
                                                                                                                  They tame but one another still:
                                                                                                                  Early or late
                                                                                                                  They stoop to fate,
                                                                                                                  And must give up their murmuring breath
                                                                                                                  When they, pale captives, creep to death.

The garlands wither on your brow,
                                                                                                                  Then boast no more your mighty deeds!
                                                                                                                  Upon Death's purple altar now
                                                                                                                  See where the victor-victim bleeds.
                                                                                                                  Your heads must come
                                                                                                                  To the cold tomb:
                                                                                                                  Only the actions of the just
                                                                                                                  Smell sweet and blossom in their dust.

Comment

Since you said that i can already see the thunder clouds forming.
                                                                                                                    The Weather in Ireland for the enxt 100000 years will be scattered showers and sunny intervals. Plan your Legacy around that.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                      With the deaths this weekend of the Polish President and the crash killing Michel SlaZenger , the poem Death the Leveller
                                                                                                                      By James Shirley (died 1666) rings though,
                                                                                                                      Wow, now that should have been post number 20,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                        Death lays his icy hand on kings
                                                                                                                        just fold them pre-flop imo

Comment

driving licence out for the past year, just pulled over and asked to produce, said it was ahome and now have 10 days to produce sumtin i dont have.

how long in clink for this?
                                                                                                                          http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X