• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Oh fuck off Westwood

Insert rolls eyes smiley.

Comment

Phil hit all the big shots and deserves his win IMO, his purple patch yday and his shot into 13 today were God like.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
        phils daughter is a bit of a ride
        POTD imo

Comment

we get to see Cabrera present the jacket, should be fun watching him in the stuffy Butler Cabin.

Comment

He's in danger of becoming the next Montgomerie, but you have to be so ridiculously talented to get so close so often. I think people will forget that all too readily.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Great event, great champion, great banter on here.

Well done all.

Comment

She's only 12
                Profit before people.

Comment

Emotional.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

role on pebble beach and please god let Ian Poulter lead by three after two days.

Comment

whoops thats his wife

well done phil

Comment

+1 BBV made this all the more enjoyable. glad the convo wasnt over in the golf-betting thread.
                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                          role on pebble beach and please god let Ian Poulter lead by three after two days.
                          What do haters gotta do Nicky ?

Comment

whoops thats his wife

well done phil
                            Well she's somebody's daughter

Comment

eh now what are we supposed to do

Comment

Who won the rugby?

Comment

EW is top 5 with most firms and top 6 with a couple.
                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Great to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                      Stock up on bisodol?

Comment

I didn't lay him because I dislike him Willie. I layed him because the last two times, he was in contention in majors in the US on day three he started shanking the ball from the middle of fairways, with short irons in his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          Who won the rugby?
                                          Toulouse. Were insanely,scarily good in the 2nd half.

Comment

c'mon betfair, gimmie back my balance!

Comment

I'd have to queston Westwood's bottle at this stage. Just looking at the top of the leaderboard and he shot the worst round of the top 9 finishers.

He deffo blew up in the Open last year when he bogeyed 3 of the last 4 and the same thing happened in the US Open in 2008, he was leading it at the turn playing with Tiger and bogeyed 3 of the next 4 holes.

I really do hope he goes on to win majors, I've always liked the guy and the way he came back from a Duval/Striker like slump has been incredible.
                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                c'mon betfair, gimmie back my balance!
                                                were you in deep?

nice sweat at the end

Comment

I didn't lay him because I dislike him Willie. I layed him because the last two times, he was in contention in majors in the US on day three he started shanking the ball from the middle of fairways, with short irons in his hands.
                                                  BUT you do hate him .

He nearly caught POD didn't he . Remember the Ryder cup comments. hmmm hmmm?
                                                  i think he's a future major winner.

Westwood is a classy guy just watched his interview there.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                    Toulouse. Were insanely,scarily good in the 2nd half.
                                                    Am I right in thinking the semi finals involving Irish teams are

Toulouse v Leinster (French venue)
                                                    Biarritz v Munster (French venue)
                                                    Connacht v Toulon (Irish venue)

Comment

Matteo with some classy footwear in one of the most prestigious clubhouses
                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Ipoker really are a bunch of slow cunts, a week on and no e-mail or expenses from my package what a bunch of slow tards!!

Comment

That young Italian kid could be one to watch. Making the cut at the masters aged 16 is incredible.

Comment

sports thread imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Am I right in thinking the semi finals involving Irish teams are

Toulouse v Leinster (French venue)
                                                              Biarritz v Munster (French venue)
                                                              Connacht v Toulon (Irish venue)
                                                              i think so

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Whats the dealio with the poker forum fantasy football, started on Boards? Who has the loots? Whats the payouts?

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                  Ipoker really are a bunch of slow cunts, a week on and no e-mail or expenses from my package what a bunch of slow tards!!
                                                                  what are you expecting jacky?
                                                                  travel and hotel details?

how much is the package on ipoker?

Comment

were you in deep?

nice sweat at the end
                                                                    for my first ever golf bet, i guess yeah! although probably much less than others here. the swing between tiger and westwood was a couple of irish open tickets. didn't lose that much in the end though.

that was fun, wish i had a chance of gaining an edge betting in that so i could do it more.

Comment

Whats the dealio with the poker forum fantasy football, started on Boards? Who has the loots? Whats the payouts?
                                                                      Lol whoever has them has done a runner id say

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                        I'd have to queston Westwood's bottle at this stage. Just looking at the top of the leaderboard and he shot the worst round of the top 9 finishers.

He deffo blew up in the Open last year when he bogeyed 3 of the last 4 and the same thing happened in the US Open in 2008, he was leading it at the turn playing with Tiger and bogeyed 3 of the next 4 holes.

I really do hope he goes on to majors, I've always liked the guy and the way he came back from a Duval/Striker like slump has been incredible.
                                                                        WRONG, in last years Open Watson had it in the bag, Westwood thought he had to run
                                                                        in a long birdie, Watson fcked up , had westwood rolled up for a par he'd have made the playoff. He also birdied the 17th hole it took Phil many close calls before he took a major down.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          That young Italian kid could be one to watch. Making the cut at the masters aged 16 is incredible.
                                                                          is he even 17 yet. he was off +4 before he was 16 and British open at 16 so he has sick talent. I think (after seeing the other interview with him) that the Italian amateur association are looking after him well too which is probably jkust as important. With the 2 mario brothers aswell italian golf is looking up

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                            What skin are you on? Last year VC emailed me pretty quickly with all the details, it would be up to the skin I think rather than ipoker.

Comment

He nearly caught POD didn't he
                                                                              No ! Pod was closing in on a major with Poults and Norman coming after him. Thats like Messi breaking clear with Titus Bramble and Gary Breen chasing him.

I like Poults FWIW but there is too many great British golfers I.E Monty , Westwood , Clarke that couldn't do it. Don't think Poulter has half the talent of these lads and will have to catch a lot of golfers off form to win a major. All imo of course.

Comment

BUT you do hate him .

He nearly caught POD didn't he . Remember the Ryder cup comments. hmmm hmmm?
                                                                                i think he's a future major winner.

Westwood is a classy guy just watched his interview there.

I think he's an over rated show-boating attention whore. its just my opinion Willie, like I don't hate anyone really ( except Faldo), the guy just rubs me up the wrong way but each to there own.

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                                                                  is he even 17 yet. he was off +4 before he was 16 and British open at 16 so he has sick talent. I think (after seeing the other interview with him) that the Italian amateur association are looking after him well too which is probably jkust as important. With the 2 mario brothers aswell italian golf is looking up
                                                                                  He is turning pro in 3 weeks, so presumably that coincides with his 17th birthday (as he is still only 16).

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                    She's only 12
                                                                                    he didn't know that sure she has the body of an 8 year old

Comment

re nearly catching Pod, well he didn't really,. He shot well when he knew he had no real chance.

Its a bit like how I feel about Kim, I've said to anyone that will listen that when Kim contends he's a lay but will win tournaments shooting low in the final, like he nearly did today round, I was wrong on this last week but only just.
                                                                                      Last edited by nicnicnic; 11-04-10, 23:21.

Comment

I think he's an over rated show-boating attention whore. its just my opinion Willie, like I don't hate anyone really ( except Faldo), the guy just rubs me up the wrong way but each to there own.
                                                                                        In fairness his career will be a movie if he wins a major, the guy did it the hard way. He was never a top amateur, worked his way up through the Tours and he might have made the top 5 in the world rankings after this week. Its an incredible story.
                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

ship the 400bb pot

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($26.25)
                                                                                          Button ($9.61)
                                                                                          SB ($20)
                                                                                          Hero (BB) ($55.18)
                                                                                          UTG ($61.50)
                                                                                          MP ($25.64)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
                                                                                          UTG bets $0.85, 3 folds, SB calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3.10, UTG calls $2.25, SB calls $2.25

Flop: ($9.30) 3, A, 2 (3 players)
                                                                                          SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($21.30) 8 (2 players)
                                                                                          Hero checks, UTG bets $14, Hero raises to $46.08 (All-In), UTG calls $32.08

River: ($113.46) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $113.46 | Rake: $3

Results:
                                                                                          Hero had A, A (full house, Aces over twos).
                                                                                          UTG had A, K (two pair, Aces and twos).
                                                                                          Outcome: Hero won $110.46

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                            She's only 12
                                                                                            whoops thats his wife

well done phil
                                                                                            quality save

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                              No ! Pod was closing in on a major with Poults and Norman coming after him. Thats like Messi breaking clear with Titus Bramble and Gary Breen chasing him.

I like Poults FWIW but there is too many great British golfers I.E Monty , Westwood , Clarke that couldn't do it. Don't think Poulter has half the talent of these lads and will have to catch a lot of golfers off form to win a major. All imo of course.
                                                                                              From Golf365, before his recent success in Nov and The matchplay, I agree .

As Ian Poulter strode down the fairways of the back nine at Royal Birkdale last year he looked like a man who thought he could win the Open Championship. As the wind threatened to derail the challenge of the last pair Greg Norman and Padraig Harrington, plenty of observers thought Poulter was going to win the Open Championship too. And when he holed a fine putt to make par on the final hole many believed the Claret Jug was still within his grasp. He had been impressive and won over many doubters. Unfortunately Harrington was even more inspired and Poulter had to accept second place, but it had the look of a turning point in the Englishman's career. It convinced Nick Faldo (and Harrington too) that Poulter deserved to play in the Ryder Cup where he starred for the European team. This year he very nearly won the fifth major (the Players' Championship) and was third in the Open de France earlier this month. He is also a vastly under-rated performer on the big stage. If we agree with the hype and include the Players', his last 19 starts in the five majors have garnered 14 top 30 finishes, eight of those in the top 20.

Comment

In fairness his career will be a movie if he wins a major, the guy did it the hard way. He was never a top amateur, worked his way up through the Tours and he might have made the top 5 in the world rankings after this week. Its an incredible story.
                                                                                                I'll be waiting until it goes to dvd

Comment

Easily the best golf tournament I've ever watched, by yards.

Had a few shillings on Poulter @33/1 and will be backing him again. Don't get the hate at all; good golfer and a sound lad IMO.

Lol at anyone saying Westwood bottled this, Big Phil was fuckin sublime.

Comment

re nearly catching pod, well he didn't really,. he shot well when he knew he had no real chance.
                                                                                                    its a bit like how i feel about kim, i've said to anyone that will listen that when kim contends he's a lay but will win tournaments shooting low in the final, like he nearly did today round, i was wrong on this last week but only just.

lol imo

Comment

Your knowledge of golf is probably superior to mine, so I always listen to what you say but you are very wrong saying is he over-rated.

The guy is a supreme example for young kids. Turned pro off four, couldn't get a proper pro job at a private course so went as assistant pro at a public course. His boss wouldn't let him play comps unless he paid green fees, so he decided to pack it in and go out on the grinder tours. Anyone who knows anyone who has ever played them knows the sheer hell those things are. I don't know the percentages but I'd say the chances of people coming through them as opposed to the collegiate system or being a wonderkid a la McIlroy is very small. To not only grind out those tours to get your tour card at the super harsh q-school, but to then win rookie of the year on the full tour is insane.

To be in the World Top Ten having had the natural talent he had, or perhaps lack if it would be a better fit compared to 90% of pros, is sick. Regardless of your feelings on him personally, and lets be honest 90% of Irish people are going to dislike a flash Essex boy, he is a supreme grinder, and a fine example to young people that if you want something bad enough you can achieve it with alot of hard work.

I wouldn't begrudge him a single dollar he wins.
                                                                                                      Last edited by The C Kid; 11-04-10, 23:33.

Comment

I really do hope he goes on to win majors, I've always liked the guy and the way he came back from a Duval/Striker like slump has been incredible.
                                                                                                        your a crazy man, do you remember westwoods fairway bunker shot on the 18th in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                          Your knowledge of golf is probably superior to mine, so I always listen to what you say but you are very wrong saying is he over-rated.

The guy is a supreme example for young kids. Turned pro off four, couldn't get a proper pro job at a private course so went as assistant pro at a public course. His boss wouldn't let him play comps unless he paid green fees, so he decided to pack it and go out on the grinder tours. Anyone who knows anyone who has ever played them knows the sheer hell those things are. I don't know the percentages but I'd say the chances of people coming through them as opposed to the collegiate system or being a wonderkid a la McIlroy is very small. To not only grind out those tours to get your tour card as the super harsh q-school, but to then win rookie of the year on the full tour is insane.

To be in the World Top Ten having had the natural talent he had, or perhaps lack if it would be a better fit compared to 90% of pros is sick. Regardless of your feelings on him personally, and lets be honest 90% of Irish people are going to dislike a flash Essex boy, he is a supreme grinder, and a fine example to young people that if you want something bad enough you can achieve it with alot of hard work.

I wouldn't begrudge him a single dollar he wins.
                                                                                                          Mr C, good on him like. Cant I just have my unfounded dislike of him, loads hate Bono and I'm sure he's never done fuck all to them. I'm sure Poulter isn't to bothered either way.

Comment

Mr C, good on him like. Cant I just have my unfounded dislike of him, loads hate Bono and I'm sure he's never done fuck all to them. I'm sure Poulter isn't to bothered either way.
                                                                                                            Nah, Bono is a f*cking twat of incomparable levels.

Comment

re nearly catching Pod, well he didn't really,. He shot well when he knew he had no real chance.

Its a bit like how I feel about Kim, I've said to anyone that will listen that when Kim contends he's a lay but will win tournaments shooting low in the final, like he nearly did today round, I was wrong on this last week but only just.
                                                                                                              Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure i agree with this. 3 Pga tour wins all coming out of the last group.

Now there is a future Major winner. Willie i respect your opinion and time shall tell i guess.

Comment

I guess I'll have to try to watch some golf next time it's on seeing as you are all creaming yourselves over it so hard.
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

lol imo
                                                                                                                  I didnt see any golf but didn't Kim find his way into a playoff last week after trading at 1/20 in running?

It's just opinions, I thought els and furyk were finished and that didn't half cost me last month.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    idk, I was thinking about that. Do those kind of youngsters tend not just to be very precocious in their development and don't really match future expectations? a la johannesburg or something.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                      idk, I was thinking about that. Do those kind of youngsters tend not just to be very precocious in their development and don't really match future expectations? a la johannesburg or something.
                                                                                                                      this comparison made me laugh a lot, you are talking about the horse?

Comment

I didnt see any golf but didn't Kim find his way into a playoff last week after trading at 1/20 in running?

It's just opinions, I thought els and furyk were finished and that didn't half cost me last month.
                                                                                                                        true it's about opinions. Betfair is full of loonies imo.

and with that i bid thee good night. I'll be in the golf betting thread next weds, see ye there.

Comment

So i guess your happy Eddie didnt take your bet

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X