Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances of my old full tilt account getting some sort of rakeback deal? Or is it even worth emailing them. I only played there for a few weeks over a year ago

Comment

Originally posted by nuxxx View Post
      Chances of my old full tilt account getting some sort of rakeback deal? Or is it even worth emailing them. I only played there for a few weeks over a year ago
      Pay Kayroo a few $$$ for a letter that confuses them so they just give you a rakeback deal

Comment

Like my new avatar Lloyd?
        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
          ET phone Andrea...
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

I know, I'm so unoriginal. A well known sports hero would be much more cutting edge.
            Pippo could not get any more cutting edge.

How much wowness can you expect in a 80 by 80 pixel picture?
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
              Looks a bit like you.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

So i am sitting watching Clubber Lang knock Rocky about in Rocky3 when i hear movement and a dripping noise from upstairs. My 7 yr old has sleepwalked into our room and done a wee in my wardrobe.
                Gotta love kids

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                  Brought a girl home last night. She is still here.

She's waiting for it to get dark so she can go home in last night's clothes.

Conversation has dried the fuck up, and I only have 3 channels on the tv.

Help?
                  ah, Alcohol is a social lubricant.

The next day, the absence of alcohol, makes things very awkward.

Also, she's been here 9 hours.

Riding that length of time would kill ya.

If her friend would hurry the fuck up and get here, I can be on my way.
                  LOL man, christ, Just chat to the girl u bumped ugly's and have nothin to chat about, christ ask her if she wants a cup of tea?????

+ lol all the posts to do with pi$$ed my self laughin at them!

Originally posted by nuxxx View Post
                  yeah email support@Rakebackpros.com with your username and it will take like two days to sort out!

Comment

By the way, I have to say I'm disappointed with the general quality of custom avatars. I always thought the BBV would wow me in that respect if they had the ability to choose what they liked. Oh well...
                    "You may not upload animated images."
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                      Looks a bit like you.
                      We haven't met since the surgery though. I got my eyes squeezed together and had that pesky lightbulb removed from my finger, i'm a new man!
                      Last edited by dannydiamond; 29-01-10, 00:58.
                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                        Anyone here also play on Party? Is it me or is Spadeeye not working since todays update?
                        It seems it wasn't just me, it was fixed by downloading the latest version of it but there is no indication anywhere that this'll fix the problem so most people obviously didn't realise. It meant that alot of Party regs had to go from proper table selecting to just blinding joining the waiting lists with the highest player/flop I'd guess. Made for some fantastic games, and it's pretty funny to see three or four very ordinary tables with waiting lists of 16-18 people and tables full of fish with none at all. Hopefully they all take a while to figure it out...
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

mini brag

into top hundred in yahoo/pga tour fantasy golf, dont know how many in it but theres lots

My Rank
                          98 nicnicnic

Expert Ranks
                          2,392 Erik Planer
                          19,245 Matt Romig
                          39,435 Greg Vara
                          51,824 Michael Arkush

Comment

this seems to happen more than it shud lately

PokerStars Game #38883423124: Tournament #237148378, $4.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2010/01/28 20:02:20 ET
                            Table '237148378 6' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
                            Seat 1: JRbuckeye85 (3160 in chips)
                            Seat 2: magwitch78 (1045 in chips)
                            Seat 3: DMACM (1785 in chips)
                            Seat 4: jacks0n5ive (5255 in chips)
                            Seat 5: oti49 (6180 in chips)
                            Seat 6: farrea24 (1720 in chips)
                            Seat 7: Burunduchog (1920 in chips)
                            Seat 8: sir-meti (1280 in chips)
                            sir-meti: posts small blind 50
                            JRbuckeye85: posts big blind 100
                            *** HOLE CARDS ***
                            Dealt to farrea24 [Kd As]
                            magwitch78: folds
                            DMACM: folds
                            jacks0n5ive: raises 250 to 350
                            oti49: folds
                            farrea24: raises 1370 to 1720 and is all-in
                            Burunduchog: folds
                            sir-meti: folds
                            JRbuckeye85: calls 1620
                            jacks0n5ive: folds
                            *** FLOP *** [2s 6s Qh]
                            *** TURN *** [2s 6s Qh] [Ts]
                            *** RIVER *** [2s 6s Qh Ts] [4c]
                            *** SHOW DOWN ***
                            JRbuckeye85: shows [Ks Qs] (a flush, King high)
                            farrea24: shows [Kd As] (high card Ace)
                            JRbuckeye85 collected 3840 from pot
                            *** SUMMARY ***
                            Total pot 3840 | Rake 0
                            Board [2s 6s Qh Ts 4c]
                            Seat 1: JRbuckeye85 (big blind) showed [Ks Qs] and won (3840) with a flush, King high
                            Seat 2: magwitch78 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                            Seat 3: DMACM folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                            Seat 4: jacks0n5ive folded before Flop
                            Seat 5: oti49 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                            Seat 6: farrea24 showed [Kd As] and lost with high card Ace
                            Seat 7: Burunduchog (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                            Seat 8: sir-meti (small blind) folded before Flop

Comment

First time I tried LSD was in a forest at 10pm in a place in Kentucky that didn't have mobile phone coverage.

People who have an occasional spliff / bubble/ brownie aren't stoners.
                              (very over-sensitive of me, but sure fuck it!)
                              Brought a girl home last night. She is still here.
                              Imo

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                I didn't mean the way the charities collect or what they do with the money. It's just slightly amusing in a dark way, that we are being asked to rally around and support a relief effort in a country that up until this point 75% of people wouldn't have had a clue where it was or even how to spell it.

If all these "do-gooders" supported worthwhile causes in this country like they do every fashionable crusade that appears around the world, maybe so many people in this country wouldn't be living in poverty.

Also just to be clear, I follow the HJ school of charity support, I give nothing to all equally. Charity just messes with Gods natural selection.
                                This is pretty narrow world view.

I generally allways gave to Irish charities, usually svdp and simon, when donating for the tsunami reliefeffort I chose trocaire and concern because they were Irish run. However as Solskjaer eloquently pointed out it is all relative and poverty here is luxury compared to poverty in other parts of the globe, to not contribute to foreign aid using that as a reason makes little or no logical sense imo especially considering the relative benefits of donating x ammount in Ireland towards x ammount in africa etc.

In my professional life I unfortunately deal with a lot of the poverty trap areas around the city. It is a very regular thing especially around Xmas time or back to school time that I will be given a svdp cheque for rent, this is all well and good but tbh alot of the time the people who have these cheques are scammers who inevitably have their rent paid by rent supplement and in a lot of cases would have working partner in the premises undeclared.

I was listening around the turn of the year to a representative from Simon on radio 1, they were talking about the homeless situation in the city and they said that the previous night there had been 14 (I think, definately stated number in teens) people sleeping in the streets in DCC, I was shocked not by how high but by how ridiculously low the number was for a city as large as Dublin. The truth is that simon do fantastic work and the homeless problem in dublin is still there however there seems to be enough hostels to accomodate the homeless.

I would stress that I have great respect for the work that svdp and simon do and I in no way want o trivialise the problems they look to deal with, but I think that giving money to countries caught up in dealing with natural disasters/ chronic poverty/ war/ rampant disease and genocide shouldnt be looked down on for the reason that the money is more needed by our own, it quite simply isn't.

Also and this is quite controversial, so many of the peverty and homelessness problems in this country are drink and drug related, I just find it harder to feel real empathy for junkies who haven't worked a day in their lives than I do people who scratch a living in the third world. I know that these problems are social and communitty based and that having come from a relatively well off upbringing I cant really comment on trying to deal with rising from sucha standing start, but plenty do.

Comment

Winning post Eoin.
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPY5vTbLhs8&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRrdYtXdu_c[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKu96AntW4[/ame]
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

FFS!

AK pre-flop, some lunatic throwing his money around goes all-in, i call.

He shows A,4. Flop is 4,4,2

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdGNCUfMpXk[/ame]

Comment

You cant beat a bit of luck..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylEZ4u87yjQ[/ame]

Comment

This is like a animated version of the epic planet pic in BBV, pretty cool

Zoom from the edge of the universe to the quantum foam of spacetime!

Comment

Beat: Bubbled a LAPT earlier(lost a race for all the chips 3handed)

Brag: Already have a package

Double Brag: Going deep in some tourneys
                                            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post

Also and this is quite controversial, so many of the peverty and homelessness problems in this country are drink and drug related, I just find it harder to feel real empathy for junkies who haven't worked a day in their lives than I do people who scratch a living in the third world. I know that these problems are social and communitty based and that having come from a relatively well off upbringing I cant really comment on trying to deal with rising from sucha standing start, but plenty do.
                                              I'll give you 9.5 out of 10 for that post, the quoted bit is why I'm deducting a half. At least you do realise that coming from a better background leaves you not understanding the issue. I too come from a decent background but my work brought me in contact with a lot of people from tough areas.
                                              I know people who have come from really bad communities and done very well for themselves but you will find there is always one superb parent in those families.
                                              I've dealt with cleaned up junkies, two of which I was certain would make it but neither of them did. The problem was returning to their homes, one of them had been in jail for five years and had successfully passed his inter and leaving cert in that time and done two open university courses. He looked ten years younger and extremely healthy when he got out. It was soul crushing when I was told that he had been arrested again. I met him and he told me that his old buddies had heard he was back and offered him a free 'party' bag, when he refused he was held down and forced to take a pill. Three weeks later he was back on the needle, he wanted to kill himself after that as he had lost all hope.
                                              Anyways enough about that, I do agree with everything you said in the post regarding Irish poverty. The CKid comes across to me as somebody thats never travelled, or well never went where real poverty exists. I think anybody that has would be willing to throw a couple of quid towards some of these things.
                                              I do think its a good idea to do research on charities too before you hand over any money. Some of them are profit making organisations and very little of the money you give them reaches where you thought it was going.
                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                Addiction is more of a consequence than a cause. People don't become heroin addicts because they live in Ballymun and don't have a pony, the vast majority were abused as children. People don't become homeless because they're lazy, they do so because they have serious mental health problems, which also frequently lead to alcohol / drug misuse as self-medication.

Personally I do feel sorry for people who spent their entire childhood being sexually and physically abused. And I feel sorry for people who are suffering such torment and pain that they end up on the streets.

A lot of people view these people as the dregs of society. But really they are the people society has let down the most - the social care system which failed to prevent abuse, the appalling and underfunded mental health system which allows ill people to fall through the cracks and onto the streets.

Saving compassion for sterilised television suffering speaks to an inauthenticity which we Irish do very well because it avoids the pungency of real human suffering which may threaten to, heaven forbid, evoke the actual real emotion of compassion. Our grandfathers would be rolling in their graves if that happened. Sure that's what a pint, a joke, and putting 10p in the box for the little black babies is for.

Mind you, the support our own first view of some people is the very worst kind of inauthentic rationalising that you get from people who are just too scared to admit publicly that they just don't care enough.

Also:

Rejected Children's Book Titles

1. Strangers Have the Best Candy

2. The Little Sissy Who Snitched

3. Some Kittens Can Fly!

4. Kathy Was So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her

5. The Attention Deficit Disorder Association's Book of Wild Animals of North Amer-Hey! Let's Go Ride Our Bikes!

6. The Kid's Guide to Hitchhiking

7. You Are Different and That's Bad

8. Dad's New Wife Michael

9. POP! Goes the Hamster...and Other Great Microwave Games

10. Curious George and the High Voltage Fence

11. The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables

12. Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will

13. The Care Bears Maul Some Campers and Are Shot Dead

14. How to Become the Dominant Military Power in Your Elementary School

15. Controlling the Playground: Respect Through Fear

16. What is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?

17. Why Can't Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be Friends?

18. Bi-Curious George

19. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry

20. Grandpa Went To Hell

Comment

Fuck it anyway!!

So, since the Hack, I haven't been able to get back into boards, I don't have access to my original email (college). I never changed it as I didn't want all the poxy Mod alerts.

So, because I couldn't reply, i haven't really been reading as much. Esp not on poker, due to this place. I only seen the IanMc Hacked thread today.
                                                  To be safe I checked my MBs

I couldn't log on.

Here is where I got worried, I didn't assume that I was hacked, as I may have just forgotten the password. I tried all the usual variations, and nothing works. So time to use the old forgot password.

Please enter:
                                                  Email
                                                  Zip code
                                                  DoB

You guessed it, the fact that we have no zip or postal codes, means that I obviously entered none, or na, or someother bollox.

So now, I can't confirm if my account was hacked, or if I just forgot my password.

I have one attempt left on my password. FML

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                    Pot-kettle
                                                    Babar is an awesome avatar imo!

Comment

Off to Galway in the morning, havent been there in ages really looking forward to, how long does it take to drive now?
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                        I have one attempt left on my password. FML
                                                        Call somebody that knows you and is a member of boards. I believe they will accept a member vouching for you.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          People don't become heroin addicts because they live in Ballymun and don't
                                                          I like the way you chose Ballymun as your shithole of choice

Comment

Call somebody that knows you and is a member of boards. I believe they will accept a member vouching for you.
                                                            No wonder Ian got his Moneybookers account hacked so easily

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                            I like the way you chose Ballymun as your shithole of choice
                                                            I chose it because it's a shithole. I felt if I said Foxrock then it might confuse people.
                                                            Last edited by hotspur; 29-01-10, 02:34.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                              Bought an Apple wireless router, jesus its brilliant.
                                                              Advantages over generic wifi?

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                              Babar is an awesome avatar imo!
                                                              This was your first post, wp out of the woodwork sir

I might have it sorted,
                                                              I kept plugging in possible zip codes I might have used and got a password changed link sent to my email (its hard to change the MB email I believe)
                                                              So I should be in soonish.

It's probably ok, just me over-reacting due to Ian's scare.

Variance: Can't get into gmail now, crashing ffs

Comment

American football fans, big news. Kurt Warner is retiring.

Comment

Off to Galway in the morning, havent been there in ages really looking forward to, how long does it take to drive now?
                                                                  ~2 hours, the motorway has made a huge difference

Comment

gl with the new site guys.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      Addiction is more of a consequence than a cause. People don't become heroin addicts because they live in Ballymun and don't have a pony, the vast majority were abused as children. People don't become homeless because they're lazy, they do so because they have serious mental health problems, which also frequently lead to alcohol / drug misuse as self-medication.

Personally I do feel sorry for people who spent their entire childhood being sexually and physically abused. And I feel sorry for people who are suffering such torment and pain that they end up on the streets.

A lot of people view these people as the dregs of society. But really they are the people society has let down the most - the social care system which failed to prevent abuse, the appalling and underfunded mental health system which allows ill people to fall through the cracks and onto the streets.

Saving compassion for sterilised television suffering speaks to an inauthenticity which we Irish do very well because it avoids the pungency of real human suffering which may threaten to, heaven forbid, evoke the actual real emotion of compassion. Our grandfathers would be rolling in their graves if that happened. Sure that's what a pint, a joke, and putting 10p in the box for the little black babies is for.

Mind you, the support our own first view of some people is the very worst kind of inauthentic rationalising that you get from people who are just too scared to admit publicly that they just don't care enough.
                                                                      I spent a lot of my formative years in Ballymun and Finglas, have watched and known poverty stricken and strung out families in the worst parts of this city for more than a decade, as well as having a close family member who is a heroin addict going on 20 years. Plenty of people rise from poverty, and it is all the more impressive when they do, however I think you are strongly misstaken if you dont think that simply coming from Ballymun/Summerhill doesnt massively increase your chances of becomming a junkie.

The majority of the addicts I know wouldnt have been abused as children, I appreciate that many were though. I never said people become homeless through laziness nor did I say anything on the proficiency of the healthcare system to deal with mental health issues. I simply said that its imo a very low number of people will actually sleep on the streets of this city or starve tonight. My tolerance of drug and drink addicted people who end up homeless as a result is quite low and this is because allthough they are addicts anyone of them who wants accomodation or help in this country can obtain it.

Your inferance that I wouldnt feel sorry for someone that has been abused or suffers from mental health problems is quite far off the mark and a bit snide tbh.

I personally agree that these people are the people society has let down the most, by virtue of the fact that due to the social conditioning that inevitably happens many of these people who end up as addicts and habitual criminals never really have a chance to begin with, however that doesnt change the fact that they are a drag on society and that there is help there if you are prepared to take it on.

I never claimed to be the most compassionate of people nor was I vitriolic in my reasoning for giving money to overseas aid, I think that logically the money does more good there than here, compassion doesnt honestly have an awful lot to do with it for me. I couldnt say I lost sleep over Haiti or the Tsunami or 911 or the aids crisis in Africa, my own failings in that regard dont stop me wanting to contribute something even if it is only a modest cash donation to charity, the fact that I take an interest in wondering how the money is spent shouldnt mean derision from yourself for inauthentic compassion.
                                                                      Last edited by MrPillowTalk; 29-01-10, 03:14.

Comment

Nice place you got here. I bet the bedrooms are huge

Comment

I'll give you 9.5 out of 10 for that post, the quoted bit is why I'm deducting a half. At least you do realise that coming from a better background leaves you not understanding the issue. I too come from a decent background but my work brought me in contact with a lot of people from tough areas.
                                                                          I know people who have come from really bad communities and done very well for themselves but you will find there is always one superb parent in those families.
                                                                          I've dealt with cleaned up junkies, two of which I was certain would make it but neither of them did. The problem was returning to their homes, one of them had been in jail for five years and had successfully passed his inter and leaving cert in that time and done two open university courses. He looked ten years younger and extremely healthy when he got out. It was soul crushing when I was told that he had been arrested again. I met him and he told me that his old buddies had heard he was back and offered him a free 'party' bag, when he refused he was held down and forced to take a pill. Three weeks later he was back on the needle, he wanted to kill himself after that as he had lost all hope.
                                                                          Anyways enough about that, I do agree with everything you said in the post regarding Irish poverty. The CKid comes across to me as somebody thats never travelled, or well never went where real poverty exists. I think anybody that has would be willing to throw a couple of quid towards some of these things.
                                                                          I do think its a good idea to do research on charities too before you hand over any money. Some of them are profit making organisations and very little of the money you give them reaches where you thought it was going.
                                                                          For the most part I agree with everything you wrote, but I would have thought my experience with drug addicts is probably wider than most "normal" people.

The bit I bolded doesnt really ring true with me, in my experience when an addict is clean and is goes back to his social circle theres usually a lot of "Fair play to ye try and stay off it" going on from the other addicts but inevitably having a social circle that largely revolves around scrounging all day to get enough for a score wouldnt exactly push your buttons if your clean and inevitably through proximity and boredom due to the fact that most ex addicts will find employment very difficult to come accross, they end up back on it.

Comment

By the way, I have to say I'm disappointed with the general quality of custom avatars. I always thought the BBV would wow me in that respect if they had the ability to choose what they liked. Oh well...
                                                                            I'd want this one

but

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                                                            "You may not upload animated images."

so maybe
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

GF has a cold and is snoring like a lawnmower.
                                                                              So.....someone give me a film or something to do for a few hours
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Animated avatars are too distracting imo.

Comment

Name genre. Oh and do you have divx?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                    You cant beat a bit of luck..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylEZ4u87yjQ
                                                                                    Fucking LOl'ers the one with the cops & robbers...

Comment

Name a movie, or genre and not too new. Oh and do you have divx?
                                                                                      DeadParrot probably invented Divx I'd say.

He is Mr Cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

He is Mr Cousins.
                                                                                        Yeah haha, I was just thinking that as I refreshed the page.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

He is Mr Cousins.

I do indeed have DivX
                                                                                          However, I'll be going a TVersity route as watching movies on a computer is so 2002

The problem with being Mr Cousins (LOL) is I see all the DVDscr and R5s the day they are released

Comment

Well name a show or two that you like and we'll see if we can come up with something suitable for you.

Comment

But not giving money to any cause ever just because you detest poor people is, make no mistaker about it, utterly reprehensible. So, with all due respect, the likes of yourself and HJ can go fuck yourselves with a rusty pipe. You can rationalize your selfishness and apathy whatever way you like. I ain't buying it.
                                                                                              My position is often brought up over-exaggerated to the point of nonsense (which is at least partially my fault). I have no doubt that some charities do good work, and I in fact do give money to charity. Not a great deal, I'm sure most people give plenty more; but the point is it isn't against one of my core beliefs. I don't detest poor people any more than I detest goalies that have just conceded. Something has definitely gone wrong somewhere, but its not always (or even usually) the goalies fault.

All I do is try and bring a bit of reason to the debate. I honestly think that whenever the word charity, or cause is mentioned, peoples rationality disappears completely. I don't understand why when people are very mistrustful of almost every other industry, they somehow think that the charity industry is totally different run by angels. Its an industry, like any other, that is interested in its own survival. Since its staffed by humans, there is no other alternative but for it to be at least partially self serving, and often hideously incompetent. (A lot of researchers and journalists believe that the money raised for the original live aid ended up being used for genocide and ethnic cleansing. Sounds like a joke, but unfortunately isn't (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_ai..._controversies)

To take Haiti as an example, many studies have shown that Aid is least effective the poorer the country (http://www.odi.org.uk/events/foreign...l07/index.html). Haiti, before the disaster, I think was the poorest country in its Hemisphere. Its a country that has been run by terribly corrupt (mostly military) governments that abuse their citizens and have failed totally at running an economy. Is sending them billions of Euros money well spent so they can rebuild their almost failed state money well spent? I don't.

Similarly, is giving money to a beggar on the street who almost certainly an alcoholic or a drug addict money well spent? No, its useless. Its counter productive. That is totally different that some well meaning Southsider spending time working with disadvantaged students. That is likely to do some good, or at the very least increases the chances that those people will enjoy a good life. The first is an act of cowardice and intellectual dishonesty, in my opinion(which I fall victim to from time to time). The second is a noble act. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach him... yadda yadda.

Comment

Not long now (about 90 mins I believe) Danny with the latest toll road. Will cost you $5 each way though....

Comment

new Ep of Fringe...hey!
                                                                                                  Question, do we abandon the list now and just use the forums?
                                                                                                  To do that, we'd need to set up a thread for each Series

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    new Ep of Fringe...hey!
                                                                                                    Question, do we abandon the list now and just use the forums?
                                                                                                    To do that, we'd need to set up a thread for each Series
                                                                                                    Good question, I'd imagine we could set up a thread for each of the more popular tv shows such as Fringe, Dexter, Lost and then have a tvshow thread for the rest. We could then have a couple of different genre threads for movies, if you were ever on QSS you would know what I'm talking about.
                                                                                                    Oh and at the Cake Palace they say 'let them eat cake'.

Comment

genre threads might be a little difficult and vauge.
                                                                                                      Meh, at least I've something to do now

Comment

i like that album, although a lot of things about it irritate me!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG_qTy3eiWw[/ame]

I think that if the world was entirely rational, given the fact that people were willing to be naked and do stuff with each other they would then have no problem saying "that was fun, let's fuck again some time, gotta run, bye!" to each other. Assuming that there was no connection on a level beyond sex (I'm not even talking deep meaningful relationship stuff here - just enjoying each other's conversation and company).

Anyway Emmet, high five! And next time make sure to remember (after making sure that further sex / fun is not on the cards) that meeting with a lecturer / lunch with friend / shift in work before apologizing and throwing her €20 for a Taxi. You'll both feel a little cheaper, but ultimately be glad you did it and skipped the few hours of squirming in your skin.
                                                                                                        I keep thinking of that peep show episode where they're at the party in toni's place.

"right, it's time for you two...to fuck off!"
                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-01-10, 05:38.

Comment

Just caught up on the last 16 or so hours of posts. Outstanding stuff.
                                                                                                          It may have moved forum but there is only 1 bbv.

Comment

Do we have a post of the day, I know its a much smaller community, but it would be interesting.
                                                                                                            Or maybe week would be better

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                              My position is often brought up over-exaggerated to the point of nonsense (which is at least partially my fault). I have no doubt that some charities do good work, and I in fact do give money to charity. Not a great deal, I'm sure most people give plenty more; but the point is it isn't against one of my core beliefs. I don't detest poor people any more than I detest goalies that have just conceded. Something has definitely gone wrong somewhere, but its not always (or even usually) the goalies fault.

All I do is try and bring a bit of reason to the debate. I honestly think that whenever the word charity, or cause is mentioned, peoples rationality disappears completely. I don't understand why when people are very mistrustful of almost every other industry, they somehow think that the charity industry is totally different run by angels. Its an industry, like any other, that is interested in its own survival. Since its staffed by humans, there is no other alternative but for it to be at least partially self serving, and often hideously incompetent. (A lot of researchers and journalists believe that the money raised for the original live aid ended up being used for genocide and ethnic cleansing. Sounds like a joke, but unfortunately isn't (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_ai..._controversies)

To take Haiti as an example, many studies have shown that Aid is least effective the poorer the country (http://www.odi.org.uk/events/foreign...l07/index.html). Haiti, before the disaster, I think was the poorest country in its Hemisphere. Its a country that has been run by terribly corrupt (mostly military) governments that abuse their citizens and have failed totally at running an economy. Is sending them billions of Euros money well spent so they can rebuild their almost failed state money well spent? I don't.

Similarly, is giving money to a beggar on the street who almost certainly an alcoholic or a drug addict money well spent? No, its useless. Its counter productive. That is totally different that some well meaning Southsider spending time working with disadvantaged students. That is likely to do some good, or at the very least increases the chances that those people will enjoy a good life. The first is an act of cowardice and intellectual dishonesty, in my opinion(which I fall victim to from time to time). The second is a noble act. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach him... yadda yadda.
                                                                                                              That's a really good post. I have never suggested that all charities are equal in their honesty and endeavour. Like everything else in life where you are spending money, a large amount of discernment is required by you as a patron.

Comment

Interesting piece in the times regarding with relevance to the debate above (lloyd, mr pillow, hj, ckid et al)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...263293750.html) -
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                                                                                                  Not long now (about 90 mins I believe) Danny with the latest toll road. Will cost you $5 each way though....

is there two tolls on the Galway Road now?
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I have never suggested that all charities are equal in their honesty and endeavour.
                                                                                                                    some of the stuff written about Mother Teresa would certainly bear this out

Comment

Meh,I don't think it's fair to critisise Mother Theresa unless you've worked in slums with Lepers and AIDS victims yourself.

I never get the hostility towards her here,TBH.She wasn't perfect (who is?) and we might not agree with her Catholic principles but overall I would say her legacy has left the world a better place.
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                        Meh,I don't think it's fair to critisise Mother Theresa unless you've worked in slums with Lepers and AIDS victims yourself.

I never get the hostility towards her here,TBH.She wasn't perfect (who is?) and we might not agree with her Catholic principles but overall I would say her legacy has left the world a better place.
                                                                                                                        I wasn't criticising her myself

I have read some interesting takes on her work though, Paul Theroux's latest book (set in Calcutta) has some.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                          So, since the Hack, I haven't been able to get back into boards, I don't have access to my original email (college). I never changed it as I didn't want all the poxy Mod alerts.
                                                                                                                          Whats this about a hack - I havent been online really in past month or so; tried to log onto boards a few days ago but it said my p/w was wrong. Havent been back there since htough, once I seen this place was up n running.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X