This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    Thing is it doesn't matter who wins in any of the Champion's League games tonight because Barca are going to win the whole thing again anyways.
    Don't forget Chelski

Comment

Incredible tackle from the man in the Iron Mask there

Comment

Rooney isn't his usual self that's for sure. Though I would have assumed he would be off when he was limping about the place...

Wow tackle from Demechellis there. Their left back is matching Insua for out of his depth away in a hostile atmosphere hilarity
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          Yeah its very good.

SPOILER
          i loved the way it turned out red mist was a baddie
          SPOILER

thought that obvious tbf
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Btw CHD, if I were a Chelsea fan I'd be funking a Utd hold here.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Thing is it doesn't matter who wins in any of the Champion's League games tonight because Barca are going to win the whole thing again anyways.
              Don't think it's that much of a formality. Inter will offer up something very similar to what Chelsea did in last years semi final against Barca which Chelsea deserved to win. They'll give Barca nowhere near the space to play as Arsenal did. Barca obv still big favs though.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                Btw CHD, if I were a Chelsea fan I'd be funking a Utd hold here.
                Oh I am, just seriously jealous of the run good they possess. Chelsea had that we would have a season like we had under Mourinho.

Comment

Ribery and most of the Bayern players having one of those nights.

Comment

What a weekend of sport we have coming up.

The Masters, The Grand National, El Classico, Bulls vs Waratahs in Super 14s, Heinekan Cup QFs.

I won't sleep much this weekend.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

omg Rafael 2 woeful touches.. woeful finish too.. should have sqaured it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                        Don't think it's that much of a formality. Inter will offer up something very similar to what Chelsea did in last years semi final against Barca which Chelsea deserved to win. They'll give Barca nowhere near the space to play as Arsenal did. Barca obv still big favs though.
                        Barca were very, very comfortable in the group stages this year and that was without Messi and Ibra. I'd make Barca ~2/1 on to make the final.

I love the idea that you just deny Barca space. Like it's a simple decision you make...Yeah I think we'll deny them space, problem solved, why'd nobody else think of that. Inter have better places at it than Arsenal obviously, but it isn't that simple. When Messi Xavi and Iniesta are at their best you'd need to nuke the pitch to deny them space.
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Crazy cynical from the Centre half there, certain yellow only for the fact he's already been booked

Comment

Good man Van Buyten lol, subtly was never a particularly German trait!

Comment

Hull would beat Bayern tonight.

Comment

Good man Van Buyten lol, subtly was never a particularly German trait!
                                He's Belgian
                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Ribery and most of the Bayern players having one of those nights.
                                  They are having one of their more normal nights to be fair, they haven't been setting the world alight of late.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr terrible touch

Comment

What a ball from Robben

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                        Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                        Barca were very, very comfortable in the group stages this year and that was without Messi and Ibra. I'd make Barca ~2/1 on to make the final.

I love the idea that you just deny Barca space. Like it's a simple decision you make...Yeah I think we'll deny them space, problem solved, why'd nobody else think of that. Inter have better places at it than Arsenal obviously, but it isn't that simple. When Messi Xavi and Iniesta are at their best you'd need to nuke the pitch to deny them space.
                                        Of course it isn't that simple, but there is no denying that Inter are better equipped to face Barcelona than a team like Arsenal.

I am frankly tired of people harping back to the group games between Inter and Barcelona. Inter will be a much different proposition this time round, the stakes are much higher, and you will have an Italian team sensing an opportunity to get some much needed pride back. Plus, the San Siro will be rabid, far more than they were for a group stage game.

Comment

Valencia runs good imo

Comment

They are having one of their more normal nights to be fair, they haven't been setting the world alight of late.
                                            Their performance at Schalke over the weekend would disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              Oh Nani!

Comment

goalfest 2010

Comment

Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post
                                                  gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr terrible touch
                                                  Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                  What a ball from Robben
                                                  Pretty sick, they carved Utd open and have a sitter, then Utd go straight down the other end and punish them. Ho hum.

Comment

Of course it isn't that simple, but there is no denying that Inter are better equipped to face Barcelona than a team like Arsenal.

I am frankly tired of people harping back to the group games between Inter and Barcelona. Inter will be a much different proposition this time round, the stakes are much higher, and you will have an Italian team sensing an opportunity to get some much needed pride back. Plus, the San Siro will be rabid, far more than they were for a group stage game.
                                                    Plus there's the Mourinho factor, if he told me he could turn water into wine I'd believe him.

Comment

At the perfect time too...

Comment

bloody hell, some comedy defending at both ends

United started well and ran out of steam in the 1st leg, hope they don't repeat the dose
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I don't see why they'd be that different, that is to imply Inter had a extra gear they chose not to use in what was a very tough group they were far from certs to get out of. It'll be different, but not majorly, and Barca will up their game by the same extent plus will have Messi and Ibra back. If anyone figures to play better it'd be a Barca + those two. If anything, more to the point, the Barca mid field will deny Sneijder the space to do what he does and if they successfully do that that's huge for Inters chances

Inter will be tougher than Arsenal obviously, but Barca will still be decent favorites and should progress. In a knock out anything can happen though.

Comment

shocking defending!! right going to watch the match properly..

Comment

Foul throw for the Utd goal imo

Joke of a game tbh, fair play to utd great finishing, but both teams playing poor, Munich like a bunch of young wans at a boyband gig

It like one of those action films from the 80's; its a so bad its good game

Comment

Typical Olic. Give him a chance in acres of space: lol Give him some sort of messy half chance that is essentially a test of his strength and determination: boom

Love that man!

Comment

Wow Robben, he's some player.

Comment

great save from van der Sar

Bayern waking up

Comment

Typical Olic. Give him a chance in acres of space: lol Give him some sort of messy half chance that is essentially a test of his strength and determination: boom

Love that man!
                                                                      Poor mans Niall Quinn

A genius when never given time to think

Comment

The entertainment of these quarter-finals has been monumental. Amazing stuff.

And Tiger to come tomorrow, by the time we get round to the biggest North London Derby since 1991 next Wednesday I might not be able to take the excitement.

Awesome times to be addicted to watching sport.

Comment

Wow Robben, he's some player.
                                                                          Why are they nearly always injury prone

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                            Why are they nearly always injury prone
                                                                            get kicked a lot

Comment

Always thought Robben lacked the football brain to be as good as his ability would allow him too, still capable of changing a game in a moment though

Comment

Bayern have some spiky characters in the likes of Robben, Olic and Van Bommel. They could do this, they just need some fire and brimstone in the dressing room, and a bit of belief.

Unfortunately, the teamtalk will be delivered by one Louis Van Gaal:

Good luck in the semis Utd

Comment

What a weekend of sport we have coming up.

The Masters, The Grand National, El Classico, Bulls vs Waratahs in Super 14s, Heinekan Cup QFs.

I won't sleep much this weekend.
                                                                                  I fail at planning. Back at the start of Jan I was booking a weekend away in London for myself and the gf, and what do I pick? Yup this fukking weekend

Comment

I fail at planning. Back at the start of Jan I was booking a weekend away in London for myself and the gf, and what do I pick? Yup this fukking weekend
                                                                                    perfect weekend to have Man Flu and require plenty of bed (couch) rest, and lots of (alcoholic) fluids

Comment

CANCEL

I don't care how much grief you get, it will be worth it.

Comment

Their performance at Schalke over the weekend would disagree.
                                                                                        Oh I agree they played well their last two but they lost the two previous to playing United, at home to VfB and away to Frankfurt, two very bad results.

Comment

*stop watching at 3 seconds if you last that long
                                                                                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvqvUOUsP5o"]Why Am I grinning like an eejit?[/ame]

Because you are a fucking eejit!?

Mace; Its full of gormless fucking eejit's!

I should work in advertising me

Comment

Bayerns defence is awful. Sure, decent chance of getting a 2nd but they will concede another 3 in the process.
                                                                                            Imagine if Bayern got lucky and got to the final. It would be an absolute massacre.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                              CANCEL

I don't care how much grief you get, it will be worth it.
                                                                                              Fully agree, I'd rather wait for forgiveness that look back in regret at missing this weekends sport. Like you come back and go for a pint with the lads and they have no interest in your weekend away, they want to talk about the grand national and Messi and Ronaldo in El Classico, and Leinster and Munster in the Heinken Cup QFS, and of course all about Tiger and the Masters and you are there with nothing but regret.

Comment

RTE are certainly screwing us with the frequent and extended adverts!.
                                                                                                And George is behind in the audio feedback especially for the first goal, some i know lost patience and turned over to Itv. Thats pretty vacant but i'll stick with the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                  SPOILER

thought that obvious tbf
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  well what i meant was in the trailer there is no allusion that he is a baddie and then the twist init and he is, i liked it.
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Its called Allin in poker Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      im flying to Israel on Sunday evening - im going to miss the final round of the masters. ugh.
                                                                                                      brag obv.

golf schmolf

Comment

Dunphys fantastic. I enjoy his refusal to give Barcelona even the slightest hint of any credit, it'd physically hurt Dunphy to agree with the general consensus on anything, what a man

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                          RTE are certainly screwing us with the frequent and extended adverts!.
                                                                                                          And George is behind in the audio feedback especially for the first goal, some i know lost patience and turned over to Itv. Thats pretty vacant but i'll stick with the ship.
                                                                                                          yea i noticed that 4 first goal and change 2 UTV

ugh down to 10

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                              *stop watching at 3 seconds if you last that long

Because you are a fucking eejit!?

Mace; Its full of gormless fucking eejit's!

I should work in advertising me
                                                                                                              Please promise to put more how to drive ads on if you do. I was loving that one on rte before the game about how to navigate through roundabouts especially the proper indicating part, loved that i did.

Comment

all cause of the stupid first yellow...

Comment

wtf referee looked like he was giving nothing till the players got on to him ?

Did think it was a big worry when he picked up the first yellow so early.

Opr

Comment

This is big money athlete time now.

GERMAN FOOTBALL CAN RISE AGAIN

Comment

Eamo will be on a monster brag about calling that before the game

should be a fun second half now

Comment

Ribery, fookin scumbag calling for the sending off.

Comment

Hamilton the clown not knowing Nani was already on a yellow

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X