This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
    you ran pretty bad on that final table, a couple of guys were very lucky to be stil der,

nice run lol donkaments
    Yeah the chop and the other suckout was the difference of around 1.5k to me. Really would put you off playing online donkaments....back to cash tables i go

Comment

People are running deep alot since the move, I blame boards for holding people back. WP Jackyback.

Comment

Chopper, good movie i enjoyed it.

"If your mom stabbed you...you would'nt get angry or upset, you'd say shit..moms just stabbed me, better get to the hospital then" - Made me Lol xD
        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

FFFFFS

Dropped 6buyins at a level I cant afford to a fucking retard who managed to have a hand just marginally better than me every time.

I hate the "revenge" gene in you that makes you want to go back and get your money back, its a fucking nightmare. Makes you do stupid things.

EDIT: He's probably not the retard in this situation
          Last edited by Emmet; 06-04-10, 03:05.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
            iirc you can register on line for all their tournaments, presume by c/c or laser
            I actually checked train times after I posted and realised I could make it in time.

Glad I did because I ended up chopping it for 1k

Comment

Just seen tonight that Nomar Garciaparra retired, he was the first player I followed as a baseball fan from his rookie year. The guy was a legend for the Red Sox and the best shortstop I've ever seen. He signed a one day contract to retire a Red Sox, I was honestly gutted for him that he missed the world series year after giving so much to Boston.

He was my favourite player even after he left Boston.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                Had a ball down at the Open. Played a little on Friday night/ Saturday morning, but was enjoying the booze up & Dwarf madness much more!

Apologies I didnt drop into say hello, just didnt know how to start that conversation. Anyway, good work on the updates. I will try to get a few pics up in a day or so, they make interesting viewing.

this from me too

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                  awesome, so likelyhood of extradition? source?
                  Very likely. Got a phone call from the Garda cyber crime squad who have been updating me regularly. A task force raided his house in Latvia and found 9 million usernames/passwords he'd stolen off various sites. Apparently, he admitted everything immediately. Same guy actually had more username and password combos of mine from hacks he'd done on isohunt and another forum. Scary stuff.
                  Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

In other news, i played poker with a leper last night. I knew i won when he threw his hand in.

Comment

Can we post bad beat stories in here ??

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                        Can we post bad beat stories in here ??
                        not if you're up over 50k on the weekend
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wow
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9VeP1w7Mrk&sns=em[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                            Very likely. Got a phone call from the Garda cyber crime squad who have been updating me regularly. A task force raided his house in Latvia and found 9 million usernames/passwords he'd stolen off various sites. Apparently, he admitted everything immediately. Same guy actually had more username and password combos of mine from hacks he'd done on isohunt and another forum. Scary stuff.
                            Thanks for keeping us updated Ian on this. A real lesson for everyone here in whatever walk of life. As for the bold piece above I have this vision of a latvian Bruce Willis knocking on some hackers door and kicking the sh1t out of him!
                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 06-04-10, 09:59.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                              Boom Headshot!
                              "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Somebody fell for it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                  Might wanna clear this up there AJ.

Are you equating gay with paedophile? Or just gay with priest?

It reads like the former and, frankly, it's a disgusting suggestion.
                                  Just finished a few days of a backlog. This one stood out for me.

I think it is a bit narrow minded to conclude that the only alternative to AJ's 'red blooded hetro' is someone who is gay. They guy struggling with his non-conformist sexuality could be turned on by kids, grannies, Asians, animals, trees, leather, fat bottomed Swedes or whatever.

I think AJ original point probably has a good amount of truth in it. I guess the perversion that is forced celibacy also begat some of the pedophilia.
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                    In other news, i played poker with a leper last night. I knew i won when he threw his hand in.
                                    At least he didn't give you the finger.
                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                      At least he didn't give you the finger.
                                      I heard he was skabby with the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        Just finished a few days of a backlog. This one stood out for me.

I think it is a bit narrow minded to conclude that the only alternative to AJ's 'red blooded hetro' is someone who is gay. They guy struggling with his non-conformist sexuality could be turned on by kids, grannies, Asians, animals, trees, leather, fat bottomed Swedes or whatever.

I think AJ original point probably has a good amount of truth in it. I guess the perversion that is forced celibacy also begat some of the pedophilia.
                                        Are you saying I am narrow minded? If you read my post you'll see that I am asking him to clarify his position, I didn't just jump down his throat.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                          I heard he was skabby with the tips.
                                          Lepers,give 'em an inch and they take a foot.

Comment

Lepers,give 'em an inch and they take a foot.
                                            Bloody snobs. I don't know what the lepers ever did to you. They seem 'armless to me.

Comment

Glad I found this and didn't have to rewrite it. Sickest leper joke. yonks old of course.

A guy with leprosy wins tickets to see the world series. But when he gets there, he has trouble finding a seat because pieces of him are peeling and flaking off, and he's very concerned about grossing out the other fans.

The leper wanders through the bleachers looking for a seat where his grotesque appearance won't disturb anyone else. Finally he finds an open seat where he might be able to watch the game. He asks the man in the adjoining seat if it would be okay to sit there.

The man answers, "Yeah. Just sit down, shut up, and watch the game."

The leper sits down and adds, "As you can see, I have leprosy. If it disturbs you, I will move."

"It doesn't bother me. Just shut up, and watch the game."

A while later, during the fourth inning, the man suddenly vomits.

Frothy beer, hot dogs, and peanuts are splattered everywhere.

Seeing this, the leper gets up and says, "Thank you for allowing me to sit next to you, but I can see that my appearance has caused you to get sick. I will find another place to sit."

"It's NOT you. Just sit down, shut up, and watch the game."

So the leper sits back down. But during the sixth inning, the man begins to vomit again. This time it is projectile vomitus. A powerful blast of beer and pretzels shoots out from the man's mouth and nose until is stomach is completely emptied.

Seeing this, the leper gets up and says, "Thank you for allowing me to sit next to you, but I can see that my appearance has caused you to get sick. I will find another place to sit."

"Really, it's NOT you. Just sit down, shut up, and watch the game."

So the leper sits back down. But during the seventh inning, the man begins to vomit again. This time it is the dry heaves. The leper feels absolutely awful at the sight of this man suffering. And once again, the leper offers to leave.

But the man insists, "Really, it's NOT you."

So the leper asks, "Well if it's not me that is making you so sick, that what is it?"

"It's that guy behind you. He keeps dipping his nachos in your back."

Comment

Make the leper jokes stop please before i laugh my head off Ok i will get my coat

Comment

I've no idea why I found this so funny.

"I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Are you saying I am narrow minded? If you read my post you'll see that I am asking him to clarify his position, I didn't just jump down his throat.

Not a big deal, but it did feel a little like 'throat jumped down'.
                                                    You asked me to clarify the comment which was fair enough, but then went onto say how it read (to you) and that it was disgusting.

Perhaps best just to ask for the clarification and save the outrage for after the clarification.

Minor stuff anyway, not worth worrying about.

Comment

Where does a leper go skydiving?
                                                      All over the place.

Comment

Not trying to get at you at all bro.

In this instance you are being a little narrow minded for want of a better phrase. This does not suggest that you are narrow minded person in general.

You did reduce AJ's OP to

"Are you equating gay with paedophile? Or just gay with priest?"

and went on to say that you favored the former.

I just couldn't see where you got all that from the OP.

Comment

So is Werewolf going the way of the book club, poker cricket game and various other fads?

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                            So is Werewolf going the way of the book club, poker cricket game and various other fads?
                                                            please let it be so
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kixpXlyjyFE[/ame]
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

unemployment rocks. Just out of the leaba.

Comment

Lads my lappy got the blue screen of death on Fri morning so I've decided to get a new one. Any recommendations. Would like a 17 inch screen again but apart from that I'm flexible. Not going to be using it for gaming or anything but would like it so that ideally I dont need to get another for about 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                    I doubt it.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Couple of Qs for the all knowing BBV so if anyone can answer any for me!

1. I play poker online 5 days in Letterkenny and 2 days in Dublin. I have HEM on both but my databse is split and i have 1000s of hands on both. Whats the best way to merge my database so i'm not only getting half the picture when i play. Bare in mind, i'd want to merge about once a week to make sure i'm kept up to date.

2. I'm almost at the end of my 30 day trial with Table Ninja so want to get it. Has everyone that uses it paid for, acquired it or got it through bonus whoring?

3. Played a $8.8 sat into a $215 SCOOP game on stars. When i reg'd i didnt even notice it was limit poker, but managed to ping a ticket anyways. Thats me sat'd into 7 events so far. I pressume i can unreg from any of them and just use my T$ to buy into another? I've always had a kind of hatred for limit games, but i really enjoy it when the blinds get about 300/600 and raises and bluffing actually has some meaning. Should i just give the big one a go?

4. Little babys christening is on Saturday. Whats the going rate for €€ to throw to the priest for the pleasure? Do you give before/after the service? If anyone is passing by Letterkenny on Saturday, you're welcome to drop in and say hello!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        1. I play poker online 5 days in Letterkenny and 2 days in Dublin. I have HEM on both but my databse is split and i have 1000s of hands on both. Whats the best way to merge my database so i'm not only getting half the picture when i play. Bare in mind, i'd want to merge about once a week to make sure i'm kept up to date.
                                                                        Email yourself all the HH txt files and sent an import going when you walk in the door.

Could take a while if you are putting in a lot of volume though.
                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          You asked me to clarify the comment which was fair enough, but then went onto say how it read (to you) and that it was disgusting.

Perhaps best just to ask for the clarification and save the outrage for after the clarification.

Didn't mean to jump down your throat mate. The outrage was at the idea, if you didn't have the idea then there was no outrage at you whatsoever. It's an unfortunately common idea among certain sectors and I am sure we can agree it's a reprehensible line of thought.

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                          Not trying to get at you at all bro.

In this instance you are being a little narrow minded for want of a better phrase. This does not suggest that you are narrow minded person in general.

You did reduce AJ's OP to

"Are you equating gay with paedophile? Or just gay with priest?"

and went on to say that you favored the former.

I just couldn't see where you got all that from the OP.
                                                                          First off I don't favour either. I simply stated that his post read quite badly and he might want to clarify.

I reject any notion that I am being narrow minded frankly, all I did was ask for clarification on the meaning of a post. My reading comprehension is quite satisfactory and I didn't imbue any meaning that wasn't quite possible from a plain reading of the text. AJ set me straight and that was that. I did not expect someone to trawl the thread and take umbrage with a settled matter.
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

snooker world championship sweepstakes in case anyone in bbv missed it - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...8966#post48966
                                                                            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

2. I'm almost at the end of my 30 day trial with Table Ninja so want to get it. Has everyone that uses it paid for, acquired it or got it through bonus whoring?

3. Played a $8.8 sat into a $215 SCOOP game on stars. When i reg'd i didnt even notice it was limit poker, but managed to ping a ticket anyways. Thats me sat'd into 7 events so far. I pressume i can unreg from any of them and just use my T$ to buy into another? I've always had a kind of hatred for limit games, but i really enjoy it when the blinds get about 300/600 and raises and bluffing actually has some meaning. Should i just give the big one a go?

4. Little babys christening is on Saturday. Whats the going rate for €€ to throw to the priest for the pleasure? Do you give before/after the service? If anyone is passing by Letterkenny on Saturday, you're welcome to drop in and say hello!
                                                                              1. you can use a portable hard drive for your db and bring it with you

2. pass

3. T$ ( i would rather kick my little toe of the leg of a table than play a limit tournie)

4. atheist

Comment

Throw Grandad from the plane
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The window for getting any work done in college this week is very small

Today - pulled a sicky

wednesday - meh have to do some work

Thursday - half day to watch the masters

Friday - watching the masters

Comment

bring back rolly eyes please!
                                                                                    Last edited by pgodkin; 06-04-10, 12:44.

Comment

Don't think this will embed

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC6kq9m12Mw[/ame]
                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

considering I knew he had fcuk all bet sizing here is teh nuts

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t2390)
                                                                                        Hero (UTG+1) (t1190)
                                                                                        MP1 (t2070)
                                                                                        MP2 (t2655)
                                                                                        MP3 (t2440)
                                                                                        CO (t2305)
                                                                                        Button (t1375)
                                                                                        SB (t910)
                                                                                        BB (t3215)

Hero's M: 26.44

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6, 6
                                                                                        UTG calls t30, Hero calls t30, 6 folds, BB checks

Flop: (t105) 3, 2, 6 (3 players)
                                                                                        BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t90, BB calls t90, UTG calls t90

Turn: (t375) 2 (3 players)
                                                                                        BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t150, 1 fold, UTG calls t150

River: (t675) Q (2 players)
                                                                                        UTG checks, Hero bets t300, UTG calls t300

Total pot: t1275

Results:
                                                                                        UTG mucked 5, 7 (one pair, twos).
                                                                                        Hero had 6, 6 (full house, sixes over twos).
                                                                                        Outcome: Hero won t1275

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                          FFFFFS

Dropped 6buyins at a level I cant afford to a fucking retard who managed to have a hand just marginally better than me every time.

I hate the "revenge" gene in you that makes you want to go back and get your money back, its a fucking nightmare. Makes you do stupid things.

EDIT: He's probably not the retard in this situation
                                                                                          should play on stars and you can set the levels of cash that you can play - as in not above a certain level - or just play no cash at all - way harder to tilt.

Comment

I think the WW thread is waiting on some input from the mods (hint hint).

Nice to see those leper jokes starting to fall off.

Comment

This is awesome! You have to watch it till the end!

This is a video of an act from 1944 - a sister act called the Ross Sisters.

The song they sing is about 45 seconds long (nothing special, awful in fact) but what they do next is...!

(Watch past the first 60 seconds or so, then... Whoa! Look Out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                should play on stars and you can set the levels of cash that you can play - as in not above a certain level - or just play no cash at all - way harder to tilt.
                                                                                                unfortunately I suffer from the odd moment of madness/ the retard within rears his ugly head.

Comment

I think the WW thread is waiting on some input from the mods (hint hint).

Nice to see those leper jokes starting to fall off.
                                                                                                  What's the problem in the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                    What's the problem in the thread?
                                                                                                    I think it's unclear who was lynched when the game was paused on friday night,let me have a quick look.

Edit: a ruling is required on who was lynched when the game was paused and what the lynched person's role was.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Icarus152; 06-04-10, 13:50.

Comment

ah i see there was a mix up in the vote. i don't think we can change it now though.

Comment

We gave 150-200 euro as a donation to the church iirc.. we gave it afterwards too

Comment

sick video...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnIxnKpQTCk[/ame]
                                                                                                          Last edited by Ace; 06-04-10, 14:34.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                              considering I knew he had fcuk all bet sizing here is teh nuts

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t2390)
                                                                                                              Hero (UTG+1) (t1190)
                                                                                                              MP1 (t2070)
                                                                                                              MP2 (t2655)
                                                                                                              MP3 (t2440)
                                                                                                              CO (t2305)
                                                                                                              Button (t1375)
                                                                                                              SB (t910)
                                                                                                              BB (t3215)

Hero's M: 26.44

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6, 6
                                                                                                              UTG calls t30, Hero calls t30, 6 folds, BB checks

Flop: (t105) 3, 2, 6 (3 players)
                                                                                                              BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t90, BB calls t90, UTG calls t90

Turn: (t375) 2 (3 players)
                                                                                                              BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t150, 1 fold, UTG calls t150

River: (t675) Q (2 players)
                                                                                                              UTG checks, Hero bets t300, UTG calls t300

Total pot: t1275

Results:
                                                                                                              UTG mucked 5, 7 (one pair, twos).
                                                                                                              Hero had 6, 6 (full house, sixes over twos).
                                                                                                              Outcome: Hero won t1275
                                                                                                              Tough to get value from the second nut low! Would have been much sicker if you had bluffed the 8 high though!
                                                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Ugh at that video. Fooked up Is it actually genuine.

Tony think you should defo play the Limit tourny-this is how poker rolls-accidental entry to sat ends up in mege scoop. Plus you play Limit pretty well afaik.

Comment

Comment

2. i took the $55 option and the guy was happy enough to give me a second verification code to use on 2nd machine, might help for your dublin/letterkennyness

3. You can unreg and get $t and use for another 1 yep.
                                                                                                                    Is it the turbo limit event? Might get to the stages you feel comfortable at quicker

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Didn't mean to jump down your throat mate. The outrage was at the idea, if you didn't have the idea then there was no outrage at you whatsoever. It's an unfortunately common idea among certain sectors and I am sure we can agree it's a reprehensible line of thought.

First off I don't favour either. I simply stated that his post read quite badly and he might want to clarify.

I reject any notion that I am being narrow minded frankly, all I did was ask for clarification on the meaning of a post. My reading comprehension is quite satisfactory and I didn't imbue any meaning that wasn't quite possible from a plain reading of the text. AJ set me straight and that was that. I did not expect someone to trawl the thread and take umbrage with a settled matter.
                                                                                                                      This is the last for me on the matter. The interpretations of the OP are there for all to see so enough said there.

The quote from AJ above suggests that the matter had not settled with him. This is a public forum and you should expect people to respond to what you say within a reasonable timeframe.

FWIW from what I know of you from reading your posts I see you as a fair minded and not at all narrow minded person.

Comment

accidentally reg'd for one of those sit n go's where the blinds dont go up and im playing the biggest nit ever.

painful stuff

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                                          Tough to get value from the second nut low! Would have been much sicker if you had bluffed the 8 high though!
                                                                                                                          Hey TG, I read on the IO thread that you were down in Clare at the weekend.

By any chance were you at the cliffs of Moher on Sat afternoon about 4 or 5?
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X