Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone downloading Glary Utilities, keep an eye out and unclick the ask toolbar during setup

Comment

Only had one bet today, and it was a good sized one. Took a match bet in Downpatrick between 2 of the cofavourites. Was watching it on the betfair player, and the sound on that doesn't work for me, so wasn't entirely sure. Downpatrick has a really short straight, and turning in, the 2 of them were at least a distance behind the leaders, and pretty much level with each other. Didn't get another look at them till the finish line cos of the camera angles, but about a minute after the winner crosses the line, I see Ruby riding my one one out to the line for 11th place for some inexplicable reason and finishing 38 lengths clear of the other horse who just hacked in . Good on ya Ruby!
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
        anyone downloading Glary Utilities, keep an eye out and unclick the ask toolbar during setup
        Makes no odds, I unclicked that and it came up anyway.
        Went to Add/Remove Programmes and got rid of it there

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

barman etiquette question for the BBV:

a customer has ordered a pint a few minutes ago and is chatting to another guy who is obviously telling him an interesting story. The customer comes in now and again but is by no means a regular. Anyway, he manages to knock his three-quarters full pint off the bar counter by accident. He's embarrassed, apologises to you and asks for another pint. He's clearly not drunk. Anyway, you get him the new pint and give it to him. He holds out cash to pay for it. Do you take it?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  Obv not. It's an opportunity to turn a half-regular customer into a fully regular customer by being a bit flexible.
                  that's what he did obv., I was the fool who knocked over the pint (strewelpeter was telling me a good tale ).

Was just surprised by the gesture more than anything else - probably a bad sign that I'm conditioned not to expect this kind of customer service anymore! Larry Murphys on Baggot St

Comment

lol @ the werewolf game. Apparently tightaggressive leaked the names of the werewolves to some villagers last night in the pub after a few too many beers
                    so real life impinged on fantasy life?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

check pm

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          ! Larry Murphys on Baggot St
                          A cracking pub to be fair

Comment

GAA betting ftw.

Fantastic win also for Waterford footballers today. Could the promised land of division 3 be realised this year

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                              I wish I had my old DB from iPoker. There were some very very funny ones in there. Basically randomly jamming ATC into the nuts. There were a few of them
                              Heres a prime example of this from a few minutes ago.

No-Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($7439)
                              Hero (SB) ($4014)
                              BB ($2161)
                              UTG ($2516.64)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 7
                              1 fold, Button bets $60, Hero raises $210, 1 fold, Button calls $160

Flop: ($460) 8, K, 4 (2 players)
                              Hero bets $280, Button calls $280

Turn: ($1020) 2 (2 players)
                              Hero bets $620, Button calls $620

River: ($2260) J (2 players)
                              Hero bets $2894 (All-In), Button calls $2894

Total pot: $8048

Results:
                              Button had 7, 4 (flush, King high).
                              Hero had A, 7 (high card, Ace).
                              Outcome: Button won $8046
                              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                GAA betting ftw.

Fantastic win also for Waterford footballers today. Could the promised land of division 3 be realised this year
                                IPL is better
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

GAA betting ftw.

A whirlwind weekend for me, mostly laying but the few bets i done was Tyrone who scored an injury time goal to beat Kerry by 1pt and the NSW Waratahs in the aussie rugby union who were 3pts down very late in the game and they scored an intercept try defending their own lines!.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                    A whirlwind weekend for me, mostly laying but the few bets i done was Tyrone who scored an injury time goal to beat Kerry by 1pt and the NSW Waratahs in the aussie rugby union who were 3pts down very late in the game and they scored an intercept try defending their own lines!.
                                    All the Gah bets came off today..... http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...&postcount=108

Just need Liverpool to hold onto the 2 goal lead for a Blackburn/Pool -1 double to come off and finish the weekend nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      barman etiquette question for the BBV:

a customer has ordered a pint a few minutes ago and is chatting to another guy who is obviously telling him an interesting story. The customer comes in now and again but is by no means a regular. Anyway, he manages to knock his three-quarters full pint off the bar counter by accident. He's embarrassed, apologises to you and asks for another pint. He's clearly not drunk. Anyway, you get him the new pint and give it to him. He holds out cash to pay for it. Do you take it?
                                      Obv not. It's an opportunity to turn a half-regular customer into a fully regular customer by being a bit flexible.
                                      Take a cheap playful dig
                                      wink, hand him the pint
                                      refuse the money
                                      SPOILER
                                      write off as waste

see the drooler hooked for the rest of his life

Comment

Fair enough if it was the barman that said it was on the house but it wasnt it was the other punter so what incentive has one punter to make/keep another a regular

Comment

Fair enough if it was the barman that said it was on the house but it wasnt it was the other punter so what incentive has one punter to make/keep another a regular
                                          It was the barman

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                            It was the barman
                                            Oh right, just didnt read like that, ill put it down to the booze.

Comment

Oh right, just didnt read like that, ill put it down to the booze.
                                              U have clearly had enough;
                                              so:
                                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svSGKJFSl-8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svSGKJFSl-8[/ame]

Comment

gotta love the swongs in IPL, last two overs Mumbai go from 2/1 to 1/2
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sign-up for Werewolf 3 open in Gambling.
                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Was in a nightclub last night, and there was this seriously creepy looking lad (Peter Stringfellow esque), surrounded by 4/5 really really good looking girls.

One of my friends knew one of the girls, and she found out that the guy was her boss (not sure what kind of job), and that each and every one of the girls used to be Dancers of the naughty kind.

Anyway, we're in about 15 minutes before it starts getting a bit surreal, the girls are posing for photos with the lad, very risque shots. You man goes to the bar, buys a bottle of champagne, and gets a photo of him pouring it over them.

A well known Irish Rugby player arrives in, and he's in great form, it was my friend's birthday, and he got in a few photos with her, fair play to him.

He goes over to the girls and the creep and is chatting to them for a while, the girls are all over him, and the creep wasn't too happy about it. He takes the rugby player to one side and they're talking away.

Next of all I hear a big thud, and look over and the rugby player has the creep pinned to the floor by his shoulders. "If you ever say anything like that about me again, you'll regret it!"

Stands up, dusts himself off, and walks out of the place with his head high, to a few claps from the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                      Was in a nightclub last night, and there was this seriously creepy looking lad (Peter Stringfellow esque), surrounded by 4/5 really really good looking girls.

One of my friends knew one of the girls, and she found out that the guy was her boss (not sure what kind of job), and that each and every one of the girls used to be Dancers of the naughty kind.

Anyway, we're in about 15 minutes before it starts getting a bit surreal, the girls are posing for photos with the lad, very risque shots. You man goes to the bar, buys a bottle of champagne, and gets a photo of him pouring it over them.

A well known Irish Rugby player arrives in
                                                      , and he's in great form, it was my friend's birthday, and he got in a few photos with her, fair play to him.

He goes over to the girls and the creep and is chatting to them for a while, the girls are all over him, and the creep wasn't too happy about it. He takes the rugby player to one side and they're talking away.

Next of all I hear a big thud, and look over and the rugby player has the creep pinned to the floor by his shoulders. "If you ever say anything like that about me again, you'll regret it!"

Stands up, dusts himself off, and walks out of the place with his head high, to a few claps from the rest of us!
                                                      Name pls.

Comment

PM with player name please Emmet!
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Okay. I have 160k in a Sat to the Sunday Millions. Average is around 40k , 37 players left and 24 tickets. I've already fallen asleep twice though so am I safe to just fall asleep?

Comment

Will PM it, cause it was actually brilliant, and I'd really not like him getting in any trouble over it.

Comment

PM too please. Best to keep name out of here alright.

Comment

pm too please

were worse than wimmins looking for the gossip!!

Comment

Name pls.
                                                                  Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                  Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  PM too please. Best to keep name out of here alright.
                                                                  Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post
                                                                  pm too please

were worse than wimmins looking for the gossip!!
                                                                  sent

Comment

PM aswell please

Comment

pm too please

Comment

No need for more PM's. I can exclusively reveal it was Jack Kyle. Good man Jack, still got it.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                          pm too please
                                                                          +1

Comment

Pm also please

Comment

My mate on skype from oz a short time ago

Mate: did they decide to open pubs for gfame good friday?
                                                                              me: ya man it could be nuts down here
                                                                              mate: ah thats nice of them to open for the munster fans, do you think they'll open Brown Thomas for the Leinster fans??

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                Pm also please
                                                                                you addin value to SE 2nite?

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                                                                  Okay. I have 160k in a Sat to the Sunday Millions. Average is around 40k , 37 players left and 24 tickets. I've already fallen asleep twice though so am I safe to just fall asleep?
                                                                                  Easy game.

Now to play it or convert to Tourney dollars and hit a few of the big guarantees today...

Comment

Only had one bet today, and it was a good sized one. Took a match bet in Downpatrick between 2 of the cofavourites. Was watching it on the betfair player, and the sound on that doesn't work for me, so wasn't entirely sure. Downpatrick has a really short straight, and turning in, the 2 of them were at least a distance behind the leaders, and pretty much level with each other. Didn't get another look at them till the finish line cos of the camera angles, but about a minute after the winner crosses the line, I see Ruby riding my one one out to the line for 11th place for some inexplicable reason and finishing 38 lengths clear of the other horse who just hacked in . Good on ya Ruby!
                                                                                    lol i had the other one. I couldnt believe i lost as watching the betfair prices in running rubys horse was 1000 in the very late stages whereas mine was only 100 so i was sure i would have won the match bet even though i wasnt watching it!.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                      show one show all

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                        you addin value to SE 2nite?
                                                                                        Lol,yea,i will do a last longest with u for any money in the world mate!

Comment

Lol,yea,i will do a last longest with u for any money in the world mate!
                                                                                          ha - so harsh - still can't believe that you turned around to take the piss out of me when dbc was on ur table.

Comment

Fuck bubbleking for saying to drink vodka instead of beer. Feel like I was hit by a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                              ha - so harsh - still can't believe that you turned around to take the piss out of me when dbc was on ur table.
                                                                                              Ha,Sorry bout that.Just got a shock to see u to be fair.After all we were past the 2nd level

Comment

There is only about 3 people it could be anyways, but PM please emmet anyway!
                                                                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Ha,Sorry bout that.Just got a shock to see u to be fair.After all we were past the 2nd level
                                                                                                  yea i noticed that you didn't last too long after that remark...

Comment

There is only about 3 people it could be anyways, but PM please emmet anyway!
                                                                                                    Me too, pm please, please, please.
                                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

All I have to say is, the man's a legend both on and off the field. Fair play.
                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                        Fuck bubbleking for saying to drink vodka instead of beer. Feel like I was hit by a truck.
                                                                                                        You were not supposed to drink the same volume of vodka as you would have beer

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                          but you had a good nite?

Comment

PM as well to.

Comment

Guy who was behind Deadwood is producing a pilot for HBO called 'Luck' starring Dustin Hoffman directed by Michael Mann which looks at the world of horse racing and gambling through a diverse group of characters surrounding a racetrack. Sounds good, hopefully it gets the green light.

Edit - Anyone seen this ?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOmnxLVRC_o[/ame]

Opr

Comment

New trailer for Treme

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jnSzAI3gCQ[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Looking forward to a goal fest in the Madrid derby now. Having Higuan, Ronaldo, Aguero and Forlan on the pitch at the same time should be fun with both teams having disorganised defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    New trailer for Treme

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, cant wait for this, should be great

Comment

Just back from paint balling and i am bollixed. Serious craic though. Highly recommended!

Comment

pm to please
                                                                                                                        "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Just saw "The Blind Side".

Good show. Nice story. He is one massive human being.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X