• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Pound for pound a strawberry contains more sugar than a lemon
    Thats my go to fact, followed by a cow has 4 stomachs

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      Somehow I find myself working with the official slippers provider of the WSOP. Every main event player will be getting a pair!
      gis a goosey gander of them?

Big slippers fan me

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        gis a goosey gander of them?

Big slippers fan me
        I'm not sure yet if they're going to be WSOP branded (I assume so), but Dearfoams is the company.

LOL at the super-tenuous connection:

"Our champion last year won nearly $9 million while wearing flip-flops, so we know poker players covet comfort in their pursuit of glory. But let’s face it, flip-flops aren’t so comfortable. So we have partnered with Dearfoams – who makes the world’s most comfortable slippers – so players can now feel truly comfy as they pursue their dreams of winning the WSOP and going on to live a life of leisure where it will be appropriate to wear Dearfoams slippers 24/7"

Comment

Dearfoams
          Wow, what a poorly named company.

Shouldn't have;
          • Expensive
          • Cash
          • Money
          • Dear
          • Moolah
          • Pricey

in the name of something that doesn't sell for snob value. Similarly, people wouldn't buy expensive things with
          • Cheap
          • Bargain
          • Halfpenny
          • Dime
          • Nickel
          • Budget
          • Value

in the title.

Obviously they're going for Dear in terms of "Mother Dearest" etc, but it's connotations will hurt that brand horrificly!

Comment

should have called them swedishfanny
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
              Are most of them not clips from season 3?
              Well they can hardly show anything from the new series without it being a spoiler.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Random piece of information: only 30% of Greek households have access to a current account, compared to 98% average across Europe.
                Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                The human head weighs eight pounds.
                Pound for pound a strawberry contains more sugar than a lemon
                Pfffft, amateurs.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  Pfffft, amateurs.

familiar with the expression delusions of grandeur ? well I coined that phrase.

. Janitor

Comment

BBV: QI edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      Wow, what a poorly named company.
                      I don't think 'dear' has monetary connotations in the US though does it? And we all know that the US is the only country in the world so....

Comment

Armed standoff in Waterford.

Can think of a few suspects tbh.
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                          Armed standoff in Waterford.

Can think of a few suspects tbh.
                          lol, was just coming on to post the same thing. Rumours are the shop is claiming to be out of blaas

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This guy is leading the negotiating team

The true meaning of HD is not High Definition at all or any shyte like that it's Howwwwww Doooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!Waterford Style!visit http://www.upthedeise.com

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What forum would someone post in on boards.ie if they felt they were spending too much and wanted some advice on what to cut back?

just a pm from someone, but can't seem to see the correct forum

Comment

Comment

What forum would someone post in on boards.ie if they felt they were spending too much and wanted some advice on what to cut back?

Post here we'll sort you out!

Firstly cut back on the beer and the losing sports bets......
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Standard day of reading operating procedures and talking to guys in Mumbai about getting my internal passwords set up.

Same every single time.

Meeting tomorrow with the engine behind the project I'm to do for them, so hopefully more of an interesting day. Managed to miss lunch too because my babysitter for the day had lunch at her desk and didn't pawn me off on any of "the lads" instead.

Comment

Would any of the lecturers here be able to review a proposed course outline I've prepared for a tender I'm looking at?

I have never done one before so I'm not sure if it's adequate.

Comment

got my tickets for croker from www.tickets.ie I'd recommend them to everyone no service or handling fees. Saved the tickets (pdf) onto my computer and can print them myself.

Ticketmaster go fuck yourself

Comment

Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

looking for a P2P transfer my ftp $30 for your ps $30

cheers if you can help

Comment

Would any of the lecturers here be able to review a proposed course outline I've prepared for a tender I'm looking at?

I have never done one before so I'm not sure if it's adequate.
                                                  I'll do it, but I'm a scientician so that may preclude me from doing it well if its any of that legal mumbo jumbo

Comment

Comment

"Debt Free Wannabe" forum on the uk moneysavingexpert website is fab resource for that kinda stuff Hitch.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...splay.php?f=76
                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Ugh 2.5 hours training and eating the wrong side of 10pm ftl. Better be worth it come championship crunch time.

Comment

Quick savings question, if I was to try to save 200 a month should I just go with a savings account or would it be worth putting 100 into savings account and 100 into something like an investment account?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                            Quick savings question, if I was to try to save 200 a month should I just go with a savings account or would it be worth putting 100 into savings account and 100 into something like an investment account?
                                                            I have a 30 day holding tank student account set up with Aib, obv I don't know how old you are etc but it's pretty good interest on it n im far from being a student,if you get a nice lady at desk she should instead of having to give 30day notice to getting your money back out just phone the day before and she should arrange it for the next day. Pretty good in the long run anyway uncertain for very short term.
                                                            Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                                            My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

If you have any debts of any description, 9 times out of ten its better paying those off, as the APR is always higher than any savings or investment account

Comment

No debts bar one interest free one from a friend.

Comment

Would say then to look at adding it to your pension if you have one, what blaah suggested is also good if you suspect that you might need the money at some stage

Comment

Cheers, should prob get a pension sorted first, am completely clueless with all this.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                      Would say then to look at adding it to your pension if you have one, what blaah suggested is also good if you suspect that you might need the money at some stage
                                                                      Personally, I'd avoid putting too much into a pension right now - well, as long as there is any chance you might lose your job or need to move overseas for employment in the short-to-medium term anyhow, and with such an uncertain future in store for all young Irish workers, I think it is prudent to have savings to hand to cover months of unemployment / moving abroad to find work.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                        Cheers, should prob get a pension sorted first, am completely clueless with all this.
                                                                        That said, if you don't already have your workplace pension set up, you should do so as I'm very reliably informed they will match your contributions (up to a certain percentage!) - just setting mine up at the mo as well. But having a decent chunk of savings to hand is important too, particularly if you think your future might be somewhat uncertain...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                          Personally, I'd avoid putting too much into a pension right now - well, as long as there is any chance you might lose your job or need to move overseas for employment in the short-to-medium term anyhow, and with such an uncertain future in store for all young Irish workers, I think it is prudent to have savings to hand to cover months of unemployment / moving abroad to find work.
                                                                          +1 on this, my hubby as ye know is working in poland, cant really afford to invest in feck all as the job will prob finish in the winter so any stashed funds are needed to cover EVERYTHING!!!
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Curious Question for the BBV:

Any of you start sweating profusely after a cup of tea/coffee? Never happens to me with something like Hot Chocolate or Lemsips.

Figure its to do with the caffeine and the hot water but it doesnt happen to anyone else Ive spoken too
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                              That said, if you don't already have your workplace pension set up, you should do so as I'm very reliably informed they will match your contributions (up to a certain percentage!) - just setting mine up at the mo as well. But having a decent chunk of savings to hand is important too, particularly if you think your future might be somewhat uncertain...
                                                                              Cheers, I know I should have done it 18 months ago, only got around to sorting out health insurance recently aswell. Will definitely get that sorted asap.

Comment

Thats a good point, pension is +ev, but only if your gonna be able to draw on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                  Curious Question for the BBV:

Any of you start sweating profusely after a cup of tea/coffee? Never happens to me with something like Hot Chocolate or Lemsips.

Figure its to do with the caffeine and the hot water but it doesnt happen to anyone else Ive spoken too
                                                                                  What colour is the cup?

Headgasket on the way out IMO.
                                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I'll do it, but I'm a scientician so that may preclude me from doing it well if its any of that legal mumbo jumbo
                                                                                    Yep, no probs - will pm you my email
                                                                                    Cheers guys I shipped to HH just there for review and critical analysis. Scientician's input also welcome obviously. PM me your email and I'll bang it over.

Comment

Pfffft, amateurs.
                                                                                      The qwerty keyboard exists because the salesmen wanted to be able to type typewriter on one line
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Thats interesting Keith, would imagine you'd make a very good lecturer.

Can you say anymore about it? or is it all hush hush?
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Thats interesting Keith, would imagine you'd make a very good lecturer.

Can you say anymore about it? or is it all hush hush?
                                                                                          There are a huge number of solicitors who are finding it hard to get work as they are conveyancing experts but with the collapse in housing they are essentially surplus to requirements. The Law Society is tendering for people to put together courses to re-train them in various other areas of law and I was asked to submit a proposal as part of a group tendering together for the whole project.

My area is Civil Litigation and practice. I'll send you the draft outline if you're interested.

Comment

No, not really interested in the actual draft, itll be complete mumbo jumbo to me. More interested on you being a lecturer on a personal level.

Comment

Came across this posted on another forum - Trolling a dating site

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...2E%2E%2E&mid=0

Comment

No, not really interested in the actual draft, itll be complete mumbo jumbo to me. More interested on you being a lecturer on a personal level.
                                                                                                My draft is a very brief (3 pages I think) outline of basic course methods and desired outcomes.

I'll be expanding greatly on it but the details are really not important, it's the basic structure I'm working on now.

I have experience as a teacher and the classes I propose are highly interactive so I'd imagine it will be interesting. Why you so interested in me as a lecturer?

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Bob Backlund style

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

How do they make money?

Excellent though. Ticketmaster are like a virus pimple on the ass of the event industry - don't know how they could continue to stay in existence in a properly competitive marketplace.
                                                                                                          I had a quick look after posting that and checked out carl spain in the laughter lounge (for research obv) and the ticket was 26e including booking fee, I checked out the laughter lounge website and they say 26e and then send you to tickets.ie. so maybe its just the GAA tickets that have no markup, for this alone they have my business to any gig that i'm going to go to if they have tickets.

It cost me 70e for 2 adult and 2 juvenile tickets for upper hogan stand on tickets.ie and it would have cost me on ticketmaster for the same tickets with all their charges i can't find out how much more as their system is under maintenance but i'll be checking 2moro.
                                                                                                          48

Comment

I posted last week i think about a dreadful deal a player took in the Sunday Million but this Sundays one just took the biscuit.

Very very well played to D3Yt00kRj3rB for reading his opponents right and getting such a sexy deal for himself. Before the Sunday Million, the guy is only an $1800 winner over 108 games with an av buyin of $43...

Gunders (biggest previous cash was $246) was itching to get a deal done with 7 players left when he was chip leader and D3Y was 2nd in chips. He never stopped asking throughout the game. The first chat box was his reply to that. The 2nd chat box is when they got 3 handed and D3Y was short

This is what the numbers/chipstacks looked like when they ran it through

D3Y said he'd only deal if they took an even chop and played for the last 20k. Despite having more than double his stack, Gunder bit his hand off for the deal and pcport (has a couple of $8k scores and 10+ 4 figure scores but is a $30k loser) wasn't far behind. $127.5k each is what they got

Comment

Flushdraw, PokerStars Deal Detective at your service..

...ridiculous deal, vwp to the shortie. Dealing making skils is seriously +EV by the lst few weeks

Comment

There is a town in north Ontario.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Greatest music film EVER.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Treme....Fuck !!!!!

Last edited by oleras; 22-06-11, 01:36.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

How do I embed a YouTube clip? Why don't I have an embed video option where you submit a post?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                                        How do I embed a YouTube clip? Why don't I have an embed video option where you submit a post?
                                                                                                                        Just right click the title bar and copy it into your post.
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

just copy and paste the youtube link - its recognised as a youtube video
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          Just right click the title bar and copy it into your post.
                                                                                                                          When I click preview post it's still just showing as the youtube URL. It's remarkable how much this is tilting me right now.
                                                                                                                          Sorted. For some reason you have to actually submit the post to see that it has embedded it. ty.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by thechamp87; 22-06-11, 01:44.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X