This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
    His point was that the course was too easy for everyone. I'm just saying it would have been a very different tournament in terms of the scores coming in across the board had the greens been firmer.
    I got his point, it's an easier course than planned, however the margin of (the lead) victory is huge and the 2nd place finisher will still be just an average score for a PGA tour final day so still a tough course. That par 4 11th hole must be the one of the very toughest on tour. What Rory is doing is incredible, I don't get why people are trying to take away from it (not you btw) the way he flies the ball if the greens were firmer he's be further ahead so in my view it's a moot point

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      is that the schwarzenegger pumping iron? if so, it's a must watch. greatest arnie performance ever. he owns the hulk big time. absolute classic
      Yep, thats the one - teh way he got inside Ferrigno's head is legendary.

Comment

Went for a couple of pints with HitchHiker and Keane today. Had that odd feeling of online life and the real world intertwining

Really thought the HH was trying to chat the wimmens up, and then he was describing his heavily pregnant girlfriend
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          99% sure I'm playing a bot HU on Party
          How many buy-ins you down

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
            Went for a couple of pints with HitchHiker and Keane today. Had that odd feeling of online life and the real world intertwining

Really thought the HH was trying to chat the wimmens up, and then he was describing his heavily pregnant girlfriend
            Pints of mojitos?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
              How many buy-ins you down
              only up 2 . the owner comes back every so often and plays a few hands before fecking off again. now 100% sure its a bot

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                His point was that the course was too easy for everyone. I'm just saying it would have been a very different tournament in terms of the scores coming in across the board had the greens been firmer.
                I think there was a little bit more to it even than the rain - there seemed to be a lack of really vicious rough just off the fairway, people were often still able to go for the green when they missed the fairway by 15 feet.

I suppose its an inexact science setting a course, but I think they definitely erred. Even pin placements today looked to be set up to allow someone to make an early charge - your course is being demolished for 3 days so you make the pin placements easier on the last day. Not normal US Open stuff.

Taking nothing away from the kid, he'd have demolished them on the Jupiters 2nd Moon Low Gravity Course.

Comment

Originally posted by K1NG View Post
                  Yep, thats the one - teh way he got inside Ferrigno's head is legendary.
                  absolute brilliance. the whole breakfast scene is surreal. i haven't seen it in 15 years but still remember so much about it. (must dl it), and let's be fair, he is the greatest mr universe ever, and without a doubt the smartest.

Comment

Pints of mojitos?
                    No the cocktails were after the several pints
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      is that the schwarzenegger pumping iron? if so, it's a must watch. greatest arnie performance ever. he owns the hulk big time. absolute classic
                      Will try give it a watch so.

The 2010 version of the crane kick was horrendous
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        I think there was a little bit more to it even than the rain - there seemed to be a lack of really vicious rough just off the fairway, people were often still able to go for the green when they missed the fairway by 15 feet.

I suppose its an inexact science setting a course, but I think they definitely erred. Even pin placements today looked to be set up to allow someone to make an early charge - your course is being demolished for 3 days so you make the pin placements easier on the last day. Not normal US Open stuff.

Taking nothing away from the kid, he'd have demolished them on the Jupiters 2nd Moon Low Gravity Course.
                        I heard something on the golf channel over the weekend that they had intended the rough to be longer but there was a very warm spell of weather that scuppered them.
                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Evening all,

Question: (prob better for the morning contingent but all help appreciated)

Would there be a way to find the revenues of the Dublin based McDonalds/Burger Kings anywhere online? Realise there a franchise so I doubt they have public accounts, and afaik the main body dont publish accounts either so its prob a no go but someone might know?

Edit: Any (or as many) fast food outlets will do.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Oh and is Emmet about? If you are Mo check your PM's.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

De Wolfe isn't in Vegas and is spending his time heckling people on twitter, Parky has decided to target him, good banter

padraig888 Padraig Parkinson
                              @
                              @rolandpoker could be your best series ever!

padraig888 Padraig Parkinson
                              @rolandpoker deep stack mars bar eating tourney added to venetian schedule.are you in?

Comment

Line Us (9th) and Jude Ainsworth (5th) down to the last 18 of the 109r 200kgtd if anyone fancies a rail. $50k ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  Evening all,

Question: (prob better for the morning contingent but all help appreciated)

Would there be a way to find the revenues of the Dublin based McDonalds/Burger Kings anywhere online? Realise there a franchise so I doubt they have public accounts, and afaik the main body dont publish accounts either so its prob a no go but someone might know?

Edit: Any (or as many) fast food outlets will do.
                                  OKR Group have the BK franchise, might have more joy searching that.

Comment

company called Artcast Ltd own two Maccy D's franchises (or at least used to).
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      rolandpoker roland de wolfe
                                      @
                                      @padraig888 stay off my patch... i dont come and watch u blow ur stack of at the Betty Ford Clinic sit n gos!
                                      saw that, Parky 2 Roland 0, I think.

Comment

Shane O-Mac in the house to see McIlroy bring it home!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                          Shane O-Mac in the house to see McIlroy bring it home!!!

What was the story there?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                            What was the story there?
                                            became good friends after the Masters meltdown...McIlroy is a huge fan of WWE and Shane McMahon, and met him at a WWE event in April I think..not 100% sure though

Comment

should I persevere with the Michael Bay childhood ruining Transformers movie?

Comment

was that Donk threw the tricolor at him- didn't seem too interested in it
                                                Last edited by nicnicnic; 19-06-11, 23:33.

Comment

99% sure I'm playing a bot HU on Party
                                                  That was fun - took me awhile to figure out the bot as it was pretty advanced but had a couple of glaring gaps in its software. Took it for 8 BI's before it was shut down. It was actually sitting idle on a couple of tables after beating some people so I stepped in to take the free money I'm not explaining these hands because it took me 8 hours to figure the fecking thing out.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($64.84)
                                                  SB ($101.16)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 3
                                                  SB bets $1.25, Hero raises $5.50, SB calls $4.50

Flop: ($12) K, Q, 7 (2 players)
                                                  Hero checks, SB bets $7.80, Hero calls $7.80

Turn: ($27.60) 4 (2 players)
                                                  Hero checks, SB bets $14.75, Hero calls $14.75

River: ($57.10) 6 (2 players)
                                                  Hero checks, SB bets $72.61 (All-In), Hero calls $36.29 (All-In)

Total pot: $129.68

Results:
                                                  SB had J, 9 (high card, King).
                                                  Hero had Q, 3 (one pair, Queens).
                                                  Outcome: Hero won $128.68

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($50.85)
                                                  BB ($84.53)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
                                                  Hero bets $1.25, BB raises $5.15, Hero raises $11, BB calls $6.85

Flop: ($25) 2, 4, 2 (2 players)
                                                  BB checks, Hero bets $38.35 (All-In), BB calls $38.35

Turn: ($101.70) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($101.70) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $101.70

Results:
                                                  Hero had J, J (two pair, Jacks and twos).
                                                  BB had A, J (one pair, twos).
                                                  Outcome: Hero won $100.70

Hero (BB) ($50.50)
                                                  SB ($129.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 5
                                                  SB bets $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3) 6, 7, 5 (2 players)
                                                  Hero checks, SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

Turn: ($7.20) Q (2 players)
                                                  Hero checks, SB bets $5.40, Hero calls $5.40

River: ($18) Q (2 players)
                                                  Hero checks, SB bets $14.50, Hero calls $14.50

Total pot: $47

Results:
                                                  SB had 2, 4 (one pair, Queens).
                                                  Hero had 6, 5 (two pair, Queens and sixes).
                                                  Outcome: Hero won $46

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                    was that Donk threw the tricolor at him- didn't seem too interested in it
                                                    Word from the congressional golf course is that after the flag was thrown at him he was heard muttering "I hate those feinian bastards" under his breathe.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Just wondering if Irish Eyes Poker are going to start thread about feedback about weekends game in Dundalk ..............Where do you start ...... No ATM machine,No cash back on credit cards,charging €2 for Miwadi... GTFOH
                                                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

That was fun - took me awhile to figure out the bot as it was pretty advanced but had a couple of glaring gaps in its software. Took it for 8 BI's before it was shut down. It was actually sitting idle on a couple of tables after beating some people so I stepped in to take the free money I'm not explaining these hands because it took me 8 hours to figure the fecking thing out.
                                                        That's mental. Very well done.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Father has the northern Irish flag now. Damn right imo.
                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

became good friends after the Masters meltdown...McIlroy is a huge fan of WWE and Shane McMahon, and met him at a WWE event in April I think..not 100% sure though
                                                            Capitol Punishment on down the road in 15 mins. Odds on McIlroy making an appearance?
                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                              Just wondering if Irish Eyes Poker are going to start thread about feedback about weekends game in Dundalk ..............Where do you start ...... No ATM machine,No cash back on credit cards,charging €2 for Miwadi... GTFOH

Lol do what Damo did and bring a bag of cans with you

Best craic I;ve had at a tourn in ages, how is it there fault that there is no cash back on credit cards?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                Capitol Punishment on down the road in 15 mins. Odds on McIlroy making an appearance?
                                                                Seamus's little brother

(You may correct my punctuation at will!)

Comment

Just saw this on Twitter

Originally posted by Random Twitter person
                                                                  Shane McMahon is on the board of directors for International Sports Management. They rep. McIlroy among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                    Seamus's little brother

(correct punctuation at will!)
                                                                    I'd love if he did a run in, bopped Seamus' opponent with the US Open trophy and Seamus won the title.

Subtle correction by showing you the correct spelling in my post FTW
                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      I'd love if he did a run in, bopped Seamus' opponent with the US Open trophy and Seamus won the title.

Subtle correction by showing you the correct spelling in my post FTW
                                                                      Sheamus, just saying

Comment

I haven't watched Wrestling in a while. Ron Killings geting title shots? hurr.

Comment

hurr, r-truth complaining that Cena stole his act, and Booker T is sitting at the commentators table.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                            hurr, r-truth complaining that Cena stole his act, and Booker T is sitting at the commentators table.
                                                                            Hope Truth wins tonight. He's doing the best work of his career right now

Comment

botch count - 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                botch count - 3.
                                                                                Every little mistake that I learn from gets me closer to perfection - Neville Chamberlain.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                    watched that before, v interesting
                                                                                    Last edited by smoothcall; 20-06-11, 00:31. Reason: Q?

Comment

eh, gave up trying to watch, back watching botchmania.

Here's one of the funniest things ever.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

was it Jbravado's dad that had money on Rory a couple of years ago to win a major before he was 30. I think I remember him getting 50/1??
                                                                                        Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                        ^^ New Approach' @ 14/1 I think
                                                                                        Yep, but it was 100/1 with one bookie and 66/1 with another. To win any major before 2020.

Major shippage.
                                                                                        Last edited by NewApproach; 20-06-11, 00:46.

Comment

Line Us (9th) and Jude Ainsworth (5th) down to the last 18 of the 109r 200kgtd if anyone fancies a rail. $50k ftw
                                                                                          Unfortunetly Line Us bust in 14th but Jude still in 3 handed. This was a nice river to keep him in it. I've never seen anyone be 3bet off hands as much as Jude has been at this final table, but he just keeps raising and raising and raising!

PokerStars Game #63562710044: Tournament #425010507, $100+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXXII (25000/50000) - 2011/06/20 1:43:32 WET [2011/06/19 20:43:32 ET]
                                                                                          Table '425010507 43' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
                                                                                          Seat 3: scrubbyz (2451563 in chips)
                                                                                          Seat 5: Zareta (2278070 in chips)
                                                                                          Seat 9: j.thaddeus (1273367 in chips)
                                                                                          scrubbyz: posts the ante 5000
                                                                                          Zareta: posts the ante 5000
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: posts the ante 5000
                                                                                          scrubbyz: posts small blind 25000
                                                                                          Zareta: posts big blind 50000
                                                                                          *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: raises 52369 to 102369
                                                                                          scrubbyz: folds
                                                                                          Zareta: raises 180701 to 283070
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: raises 985297 to 1268367 and is all-in
                                                                                          Zareta: calls 985297
                                                                                          *** FLOP *** [Jc Tc Qd]
                                                                                          *** TURN *** [Jc Tc Qd] [8h]
                                                                                          *** RIVER *** [Jc Tc Qd 8h] [9s]
                                                                                          *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                                          Zareta: shows [8c 8d] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: shows [Ah Jd] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
                                                                                          Zareta collected 1288367 from pot
                                                                                          j.thaddeus collected 1288367 from pot
                                                                                          *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                                          Total pot 2576734 | Rake 0
                                                                                          Board [Jc Tc Qd 8h 9s]
                                                                                          Seat 3: scrubbyz (small blind) folded before Flop
                                                                                          Seat 5: Zareta (big blind) showed [8c 8d] and won (1288367) with a straight, Eight to Queen
                                                                                          Seat 9: j.thaddeus (button) showed [Ah Jd] and won (1288367) with a straight, Eight to Queen

Edit -

luckboxing ftw

PokerStars Game #63562906071: Tournament #425010507, $100+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXXII (25000/50000) - 2011/06/20 1:51:31 WET [2011/06/19 20:51:31 ET]
                                                                                          Table '425010507 43' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
                                                                                          Seat 3: scrubbyz (2419828 in chips)
                                                                                          Seat 5: Zareta (1985000 in chips)
                                                                                          Seat 9: j.thaddeus (1598172 in chips)
                                                                                          scrubbyz: posts the ante 5000
                                                                                          Zareta: posts the ante 5000
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: posts the ante 5000
                                                                                          scrubbyz: posts small blind 25000
                                                                                          Zareta: posts big blind 50000
                                                                                          *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: raises 50000 to 100000
                                                                                          scrubbyz: folds
                                                                                          Zareta: calls 50000
                                                                                          *** FLOP *** [Ac Js 8c]
                                                                                          Zareta: checks
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: bets 126999
                                                                                          Zareta: raises 200001 to 327000
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: raises 1166172 to 1493172 and is all-in
                                                                                          Zareta: calls 1166172
                                                                                          *** TURN *** [Ac Js 8c] [Jd]
                                                                                          *** RIVER *** [Ac Js 8c Jd] [7c]
                                                                                          *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                                          Zareta: shows [Ad 8s] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
                                                                                          j.thaddeus: shows [9c Kc] (a flush, Ace high)
                                                                                          j.thaddeus collected 3226344 from pot
                                                                                          *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                                          Total pot 3226344 | Rake 0
                                                                                          Board [Ac Js 8c Jd 7c]
                                                                                          Seat 3: scrubbyz (small blind) folded before Flop
                                                                                          Seat 5: Zareta (big blind) showed [Ad 8s] and lost with two pair, Aces and Jacks
                                                                                          Seat 9: j.thaddeus (button) showed [9c Kc] and won (3226344) with a flush, Ace high
                                                                                          Last edited by Flushdraw; 20-06-11, 00:54.

Comment

Game of thrones on here if anyone wants watch it

Last edited by Maloney; 20-06-11, 01:03.
                                                                                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

So, is this the most boring game ever? The bloke with the top score has 24 hours watching paint dry, well played

Bored? Too much time? Why don't you Watch Paint Dry? No, seriously, in this 'patience game' you have to watch paint dry... what a waste of time XD

Comment

Comment

Alcohol is such a horrific drug. Need to get body clock back in order after few heavy nights drinking, but no chance of sleep.

Will need to be up before 7 on Tuesday and was aiming on a trial run tomorrow, but the odds are against this now.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                    Alcohol is such a horrific drug. Need to get body clock back in order after few heavy nights drinking, but no chance of sleep.

Will need to be up before 7 on Tuesday and was aiming on a trial run tomorrow, but the odds are against this now.
                                                                                                    I'm up at 6am every morning regardless.

Also, question for the finance heads:

Since, you've also agreed that the banks here have 0 money to lend (realistically) be it for a house, start-up or other, whats to stop Irish people catching cheap Ryanair flights to Continental Europe (read: Germany) opening an account (with a Visa Debit) with a Bank there, and applying for a Home Loan/Business Loan?

Surely its feasible to have your employer pay wages into this account? Then since pretty much everywhere takes Visa Debit it'd be practically the same as having an Irish account? Would it increase your chances of getting a loan?

No?

Comment

I'm up at 6am every morning regardless.

Also, question for the finance heads:

Since, you've also agreed that the banks here have 0 money to lend (realistically) be it for a house, start-up or other, whats to stop Irish people catching cheap Ryanair flights to Continental Europe (read: Germany) opening an account (with a Visa Debit) with a Bank there, and applying for a Home Loan/Business Loan?

Surely its feasible to have your employer pay wages into this account? Then since pretty much everywhere takes Visa Debit it'd be practically the same as having an Irish account? Would it increase your chances of getting a loan?

No?
                                                                                                      Why to all of the above? Or are you just talking in general for someone looking for credit?

The banks will generate credit for people who are guaranteed to pay it back. However, this is pretty unprofitable for a bank, especially when they're going to have to charge premia that are pretty uncompetitive.

In essence, it's not impossible to get a loan, but those who get it will be so loanworthy that it almost makes no sense. Like me staking Line Us into a $215 or something.

The application for the home loan / loan from a German bank will obviously have to have collateral that is based in Ireland. Obviously the bank wont accept any collateral that it cannot vouch for completely (anymore) and will make that a tough sell too. I'm not personally aware of any problems with taking loans out from banks outside your own resident country, but that's not to say there are none.

Comment

Ship the $200k gtd for Jude for $50k. Sickness. That's almost $1.7m profit on stars to date. Very little between him and Timoshenko who has almost $2.2m

Just an unbelievable sets of results between the 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ship the $200k gtd for Jude for $50k. Sickness. That's almost $1.7m profit on stars to date. Very little between him and Timoshenko who has almost $2.2m

Just an unbelievable sets of results between the 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While railing him on the final table, was checking out his opr, pretty sick stuff.

Comment

Why to all of the above? Or are you just talking in general for someone looking for credit?

The banks will generate credit for people who are guaranteed to pay it back. However, this is pretty unprofitable for a bank, especially when they're going to have to charge premia that are pretty uncompetitive.

In essence, it's not impossible to get a loan, but those who get it will be so loanworthy that it almost makes no sense. Like me staking Line Us into a $215 or something.

The application for the home loan / loan from a German bank will obviously have to have collateral that is based in Ireland. Obviously the bank wont accept any collateral that it cannot vouch for completely (anymore) and will make that a tough sell too. I'm not personally aware of any problems with taking loans out from banks outside your own resident country, but that's not to say there are none.
                                                                                                            No real reason. Just thinking.

I mean theres a whole generation of people our age, with Degrees and Masters who wont go abroad for whatever reason. They are by and large an ambitious bunch so it makes me wonder what they are going to do for credit. 99% of them dont have access to money that would make them loanworthy (in your line us example).

So what are they to do? I mean saving for a deposit is doable although increasingly less so. They are going to want to get on the propery ladder soon, first home buyers etc. There is also the business start up issue.

The fact that credit wont be widely available might have big implications for rental markets, hire/purchase markets. Will also undoubtedly stall entrepreneurs growth and make more 'company men'.

Comment

anyone here know anything at all about RK Corporation in Waterford City? Can't find anything about them online.

Have an interview there tomorrow morning (in 8 hours)

Thanks!

Comment

No real reason. Just thinking.

I mean theres a whole generation of people our age, with Degrees and Masters who wont go abroad for whatever reason. They are by and large an ambitious bunch so it makes me wonder what they are going to do for credit. 99% of them dont have access to money that would make them loanworthy (in your line us example).

So what are they to do? I mean saving for a deposit is doable although increasingly less so. They are going to want to get on the propery ladder soon, first home buyers etc. There is also the business start up issue.

The fact that credit wont be widely available might have big implications for rental markets, hire/purchase markets. Will also undoubtedly stall entrepreneurs growth and make more 'company men'.

Eventually new banks will enter Ireland I reckon. Nail in the coffin for the existing ones though.

Comment

I have a Bank of Ireland credit card and the chip is scratched. If I ring them for a replacement will they cancel it straight away? How long will a replacement take to come?

Comment

anyone here know anything at all about RK Corporation in Waterford City? Can't find anything about them online.

Have an interview there tomorrow morning (in 8 hours)

Thanks!

Id be wary.

Mthinks one of those door to door operations. Hope Im wrong obv.

Comment

Eventually new banks will enter Ireland I reckon. Nail in the coffin for the existing ones though.
                                                                                                                      Yeah makes sense they would but would they be allowed given the stake the Government have in the current banks... and would it be a level playing field if they were to enter?

Comment

Id be wary.

Mthinks one of those door to door operations. Hope Im wrong obv.
                                                                                                                        Nail on the head & all that

Comment

Yeah makes sense they would but would they be allowed given the stake the Government have in the current banks... and would it be a level playing field if they were to enter?
                                                                                                                          Govt can't really do much about it, would be anti-competition and wouldn't make sense. Govt stopping the money system getting back to a liquid one would be suicidal.

They'll enter when it makes sense to do so, it doesn't look likely to be too soon though. If any bank had thought that it might make any sense, they would've just bought AIB when it was tuppence a share, instantly being completely setup with a huge market share and ready-made everything.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X