This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Also, off to the Dam on Friday morning for a stag weekend, been a few timess before, but anyone got any recommendations?

My favourite coffee house in the Dam, quality stuff available

Comment

Bah..Pay cut kicks in in todays wage payment. F*ck you Ireland!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Bah..Pay cut kicks in in todays wage payment. F*ck you Ireland!
        work to rule, it'll eh, nurture your sense of grievance
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          I wouldn't have any problem with it, but its compounded by the fact that I'm getting heaved out the door in December unless I come up with money to pay myself it becomes more than a bit annoying.

Comment

I wouldn't have any problem with it, but its compounded by the fact that I'm getting heaved out the door in December unless I come up with money to pay myself it becomes more than a bit annoying.
            eh?

are you on some sort of self-funding research project?

Comment

eh?

are you on some sort of self-funding research project?
              Yeah thats the thing. I pay pension levy, get pay cut but have none of the benefits associated with being a public servant. If I don't get a new grant I'm out.

Comment

Yeah thats the thing. I pay pension levy, get pay cut but have none of the benefits associated with being a public servant. If I don't get a new grant I'm out.
                ouch, that does suck: is your research commercially applicable at all?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                  Also, off to the Dam on Friday morning for a stag weekend, been a few timess before, but anyone got any recommendations?
                  1st post, here. Best of luck lads.

Two words Kev: Banana bar

Comment

ouch, that does suck: is your research commercially applicable at all?
                    Yeah materials for next generation processors. Intel etc fund a lot of it but not so much in Ireland.

Comment

that sucks zuutroy

today i am anxiously waiting to see if I get my 3 months back pay......one time etc

Comment

Yeah materials for next generation processors. Intel etc fund a lot of it but not so much in Ireland.
                        you need to make some friends at Enterprise Ireland!

Comment

2 places I love in the dam:

1. Amnesia - Think it's actually Irish owned. They do some really nice stuff albeit expensive.

2. A nice place for chilling out is a little bit outside the city, can take a 7/17 tram out to Jan Pieter Heijerstraat called the Kashmir lounge. Has a bar as well as an area filled with cushions and bean bags.

Ooopzz Yo couldn't find this page ?? probably a expired link from our old website Check our new website & Events Page www.kashmirlounge.com   404 Error !! Something went wrong !
                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Is that the bar where you have free drink for an hour?

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                              so everyone thinks i should still buy the iphone and not waste my money on the the ipad????

also is there anyway to get to the last post you seen in a thread, im lookin at a 100 post page and if i finish reading it at say post 1200 and i dont come back on for a couple of hours is there anyway i can come back to post 1201
                              Surely ipad won't even be available here for a good while anyways?

On the post thing, apart from keeping track of where you are or bookmarking the specific post, vbulletins last post read thing marks out the latest one that was loaded on the page you last viewed, not anything infinitely more clever than that.

Comment

so everyone thinks i should still buy the iphone and not waste my money on the the ipad????
                                I'd go with the iphone for now, this is iPad v1. iPad v2 (which'll probably come out in 2011) will resolve a lot of its shortcomings and add a bunch of new features. Much like the iPhone did. The early adopters will suddenly wished they waited.

Comment

Murray has a foot in the final now, will have to go up about 3 levels from this to trouble Msr. Federer

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Surely ipad won't even be available here for a good while anyways?
                                    There are some good points about the ipad. Temporary 3g when you need it for instance on a payg basis (although I wouldn't be hopeful that we'll get that option in Ireland). Might be handy for degens going to Vegas though!! And certain iphone apps could make it pretty useful. I certainly wouldn't throw a gift of it back in someones face that's for sure.

BUT for me the list of what it won't do and can't do make it look seriously inadequate against the tablet competition that's out there.

It looks to me like they've decided that keeping the price down and trying to get a long battery life are more important then putting out a top end product.

I also can't understand a tablet without inking capability. Being able to scribble notes on a tablet is a major plus for these type of devices.

I know some of the higher spec tablets have a shorter battery life but I think that can be overcome.

Personally for me the price point on this would have to be €200-€250 (i.e. in the ebook reader space) not €400-€500 before I'd consider buying. Then again I'm happy to read off an iphone screen or use my new netbook when traveling with its 10hr battery life so I definitely won't be rushing to buy this additional device. Maybe when the early adopter tax has dropped and I've had a chance to play with one I'd look at it again. Also I'd imagine that there might be some serious upgrades to this style of device from apple in time. It certainly has the scope for it.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Cilic loves his 5 setters. The foot you speak of is not there yet.

Federer is something else alright , I really hope Nadal gets back to his best, even for 1 year as the clashes between him and Fed were golden and nothing has come close since in terms of skill, tension and entertainment. Murray will never have that panache imo.

Comment

Well you are hardly going to stick the ipad up against your ear unless its for Dom Joly style comedic effect!! HELLO!!!!

I'd wait a few weeks on the iphone contract until you see what vodafone are offering with the iphone. You might get a better deal when the competition kicks off.
                                        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 28-01-10, 11:41.
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Murray is very impressive this week. I still dont like the fcuker though
                                          "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                            http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Rusland.html

My favourite coffee house in the Dam, quality stuff available
                                            easytobook.com looked after me last time I went.
                                            sorted a hotel room just on dam square for 4 nights, 3 people (room held 5) for €220.

I've been there a total of 12 times (stoners in BBV, NEVER!!!!!) so ask me anything you need.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                              1st post, here. Best of luck lads.

Two words Kev: Banana bar
                                              1 word: NO.

It's a horrible place, its like a topless Rovers return where Liz McDonell performs a sex act.
                                              €50 all you can drink for one hour plus the show.
                                              If you do go, get the hiball glass not the beer glass and go mad on JD.

However, those sex shows are shite tourist traps.
                                              Go to the Ajax arena, it's class
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                Cilic loves his 5 setters. The foot you speak of is not there yet.
                                                good call

(not)

Federer is something else alright , I really hope Nadal gets back to his best, even for 1 year as the clashes between him and Fed were golden and nothing has come close since in terms of skill, tension and entertainment. Murray will never have that panache imo.
                                                Murray is a dull grinder by comparison with the great man, I hope Fed gives him a good spanking that sets him back years

and yes, hopefully Nadal gets it back but I wouldn't be too optimistic

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It's a horrible place, its like a topless Rovers return where Liz McDonell performs a sex act.
                                                  You make that sound like a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    can I buy an iphone somewhere, say off the shelf or from the back of a lorry, that I dont have to sign up to O2 for and that I can just shove my existing vodafone sim into? I cant upgrade my phone myself in the shop btw so I would probably be looking for the back of a lorry option.
                                                    Vodafone have been ringing me up for the last few weeks offering me one because I pre registered with them for it, I think they are starting to sell them everywhere in the next few weeks.
                                                    I'm going to get one for my Wife but I'll probably wait for the Google phone for myself.
                                                    But yes you can buy them anywhere but you are getting a huge discount on the hardware by getting a contract (that you will probably need anyway) with it.

Also LOL at the apple fanboys. iPad is al style and no substance. It cannot run two apps at once FFS!
                                                    Great boost for the netbook / tablet business though. Watch out for the new Asus tablets they will provide much better functionality at about half the price.
                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 28-01-10, 11:53.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just ironed my kilt in preparation for celebrating Murray's first Grand Slam title.

Cannot wait.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It's a horrible place, its like a topless Rovers return where Liz McDonell performs a sex act.€50 all you can drink for one hour plus the show.
                                                        If you do go, get the hiball glass not the beer glass and go mad on JD.

However, those sex shows are shite tourist traps.
                                                        Go to the Ajax arena, it's class
                                                        you do realise Tony Stewelpieter will be hoping around the place with this thought in his head.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T0Ofr6VYMI[/ame]

Comment

Speaking of i-pads and i-phones, anyone tried the Sleep Cycle App? I've been testing it out for the last few nights and it's pretty cool. Should be interesting to see how my sleep patterns change at the weekend after a feed of alcohol.
                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                              Speaking of i-pads and i-phones, anyone tried the Sleep Cycle App? I've been testing it out for the last few nights and it's pretty cool. Should be interesting to see how my sleep patterns change at the weekend after a feed of alcohol.
                                                              Yeah its class..!

Comment

Tucker Max is coming to UCD on the 4th February

EDIT: Also, how long does it take for betfair withdrawals to go through to moneybookers? From my recollection they were pretty much instant, but this one is taking a while....
                                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

8-game in Voodoo next Wednesday for those of you that don't stray outside BBV. 1/1 plo and nlhe and 1/2 (5 big bet) lhe, stud, stud 8, O8, 2-7 TD, razz.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Also LOL at the apple fanboys. iPad is al style and no substance. It cannot run two apps at once FFS!
                                                                    Great boost for the netbook / tablet business though. Watch out for the new Asus tablets they will provide much better functionality at about half the price.
                                                                    I remember thinking the same about the iphone when it came out. Then windows mobile didn't get a decent upgrade in 3 years and the google android took 2 years to some out.

Getting the general public interested in buying slates and tablets would be fantastic in that the whole space would then have the scale to grow. Tablets are around about 15 years and Microsoft have engaged with and then abandoned them (Origami for instance) and now suddenly everyone is going to be doing them again. I'm glad apple are doing it for that reason alone even if I never buy an ipad.

The Sony reader and the Kindle are looking endangered at the prices they are charging imo. Watch this space I guess.

Comment

6 creamy pints of Guinness last night............6th of Feb me hole.

Poker in Fitz til 4.30.......................250 profit.

Comment

Ya that game sounds like a plan, zuutroy!

Today marks an important day for me. Its the first time in my life that I've planned ahead for running out of cash in my bank account and made withdrawals in time. I'm so proud of myself! Every other time I've gone cash busto for like a week and had to depend on either beans on toast or someone else to give me short term liquidity. I feel like a new man.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                          Just ironed my kilt in preparation for celebrating Murray's first Grand Slam title.

Cannot wait.
                                                                          Ban imo....
                                                                          "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Ughh back on the sauce last night after 3 weeks off. The local was packed with United fans chanting Rooney last night, was odd.
                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I completely disagree saying Murray is dull. He is absolutely class and quite different than pretty much anyone on the tour. He produced some cracking shots tonight.

He will run Federer very close and if Fed plays like he started against Davydenko, then he will get destroyed.

Still hopefully he pulls it out and makes it 16.

Comment

Has anyone ever read 'The Drunkard's Walk' by Leonard Mlodinow? If not, it's very good and certainly relevant to poker playing types. My cousin can lend you his electronic copy if you'd like.

Comment

you do realise Tony Stewelpieter will be hoping around the place with this thought in his head.
                                                                                  Ugh
                                                                                  So as to bring some balance and brighten up the place after the ridonkulous Judge Judy fiasco I present to you :

[NSFW=Not suitable for anyone, never mind work!]
                                                                                  [/NSFW]
                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-01-10, 12:27.

Comment

my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                      I completely disagree saying Murray is dull. He is absolutely class and quite different than pretty much anyone on the tour. He produced some cracking shots tonight.

He will run Federer very close and if Fed plays like he started against Davydenko, then he will get destroyed.

Still hopefully he pulls it out and makes it 16.
                                                                                      We've had the Murray debate loads on here, seriously the only reason he's as disliked is the old bigotry card.

I seriously don't know how anyone cannot like him. He's refreshingly honest, hard-working, and is a winner. I'm a huge fan.

If Murray plays like he did against Nadal, he will beat Fed. No doubts.

Comment

We've had the Murray debate loads on here, seriously the only reason he's as disliked is the old bigotry card.
                                                                                        I thought he was Scottish?

Comment

I thought he was Scottish?
                                                                                          Obviously, but's he the Great British Hype. And will probably be English again if he wins this weekend.

Comment

I seriously don't know how anyone cannot like him. He's refreshingly honest, hard-working, and is a winner. I'm a huge fan.

can I have 200 at evens C Kid?

Fed is 2.02 on betfair

Comment

can you use betfair on an itouch/iphone?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                my eyes
                                                                                                LOL
                                                                                                Oh the folly of the young

Comment

The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.

Lol, oh so true.

Comment

AFAIK you can use it on more or less any phone that has a data connection

Comment

Fed is 2.02 on betfair

Hustle - c. To misrepresent one's ability in order to deceive someone, especially in gambling.

Comment

Obviously, but's he the Great British Hype. And will probably be English again if he wins this weekend.
                                                                                                        In fairness I don't think the English media have ever claimed anyone to be English when they are either Scottish or Welsh.
                                                                                                        They may oscillate between 'British when winner', 'Scottish when loser', but this happens only rarely nowadays. It just gets pounced on when it does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                          NSFW (in some workplaces anyway I'm sure)
                                                                                                          http://www.break.com/amp/walk-of-no-shame.html
                                                                                                          Nice 4 figure cash last night I heard,eh BP?

Ugh
                                                                                                          So as to bring some balance and brighten up the place after the ridonkulous Judge Judy fiasco I present to you :

[/NSFW]
                                                                                                          How the fcuk can you fancy Mirren and not pant after Judge Judy?I don't get it.

Anyway,tastier when she was young,imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmlP_cFOoAM[/ame]
                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                            LOL @ the banner 'Government plans to follow successful containment of 'The Wire' Fans'

I've never watched Lost at all so I can identify with that having three freaks at home who will be sitting up waiting for the episodes to appear online.

Anyone recommend watching it from the start or should I just continue to avoid it?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eeyyxgR5_I[/ame]

Pretty sick shot from last night's game.

Comment

Uh oh!

I've just been invited to a meeting at 2pm to hear about important changes in customer services.

Eeeeek

Comment

Fed is 2.02 on betfair
                                                                                                                  I'll take this if you are still interested. Can transfer on stars or moneybookers if thats what you're into!

Have to go away for an hour or so, just quote this to book.

Comment

Yep, just ask C Kid...he even found out his date had Chlamydia by using her iphone. It can do allsorts!

Comment

Agree with this. The Murray hate is sad, he's amazing and fastly becoming my favorite player to watch. Love Fed though and don't know who to root for in the final. Prob Murray though as it will set the tennis year up beautifully if he pulls it off.

Comment

Ugh

[/NSFW]
                                                                                                                        I probably would

Comment

Go to app store search 'betfeather' and you should be able to get the free download

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X