Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that Twitter back-and-forth harmless banter or genuine insults? What's the story behind it, if any?

Comment

Friendly banter that cuts a bit close by times I'd say.

Comment

Good to see conor murphy on the list and hope he gets a decent run out. He looks like he could be the real deal at scrumhalf and we will finally be able to put the TOL saga behind us as he is good and physical if needs be with the addition of being able to pass.

Big shame for shaggy tho as he must have been coming close to a squad spot for games.

Comment

Guys , urgent tech help needed . Cant get my lap top to boot up . It goes thru the boot up process and then i get a screen up that say's
          Configuring updates stage 3 of 3 0% complete
          Do not turn off your computer.
          Then it goes blank again after about 5 secs and then seems to switch off and restart again and goes thru the same process over and over.

Maybe zod can help ??? i can pm my ph. no to anyone that can walk me thru it .

Comment

you playing in Dundalk today Damo?

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
              Guys , urgent tech help needed . Cant get my lap top to boot up . It goes thru the boot up process and then i get a screen up that say's
              Then it goes blank again after about 5 secs and then seems to switch off and restart again and goes thru the same process over and over.

Dont bring that laptop down the well with you anyway its dead m8 now FINISH HIM!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                you playing in Dundalk today Damo?
                I'm not playing Ste , i am doing the updates for IPB for the wk end .
                Just my luck for this shit to happen today .

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                  Dont bring that laptop down the well with you anyway its dead m8 now FINISH HIM!
                  Hey Umpa Lumpa STFU

Comment

Anyone know anything about the pokers in Warsaw? Wouldnt mind playing a bit of cash later to stave off boredom.

Comment

Hey Umpa Lumpa STFU
                      that was cold damo,

Comment

Do you have the Windows CD that came with the machine? You'll need to do a system restore to a few days ago before the latest updates got applied. Stick in the CD boot up the laptop and follow the instructions, it is very straightforward.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                          Ireland World Cup Training Squad...
                          Backs (19):

Delighted to see these guys involved, going to be very competitive for them to get themselves onto the plane. All of them have a lot to prove. Luke Fitzgerald probably included

Gavin Duffy (Galwegians/Connacht)
                          Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)
                          Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
                          Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
                          Geordan Murphy (Leicester)

Lol - Deccie at his finest

1. Conor Murray (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                          2. Isaac Boss (Terenure College/Leinster)
                          3. Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
                          4. Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
                          5. Peter Stringer (Shannon/Munster)

Forwards (24):

Tony Buckley (Sale Sharks) Seriously?
                          Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster) Please let him not be broken
                          Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster) See above
                          John Hayes (Bruff/Munster) Preferable to Buckley, but shows how limited we are in props
                          Marcus Horan (Shannon/Munster) lol
                          Shane Jennings (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) Broken arm healed in time? Or another Classic Kidney moment brought to you by the IRFU Press Office
                          Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster) Worst season of his pro career. Will need to prove a lot
                          Mike McCarthy (Buccaneers/Connacht) So Deserved. Fair balls to him

Not considered due to injury:

Shane Horgan (Boyne/Leinster) – Knee Devastated
                          Ian Humphries (Ballymena/Ulster) – Shoulder
                          Nevin Spence (Ballynahinch/Ulster) – shoulder Delighted for him even to get a mention here!

As usual Kidney goes with the "Every fit (and some otherwise!) professional player, eligible to play for Ireland" squad approach.

Good to see Murray and Jones there, Spence even getting a mention is fantastic. The guy was brutal in the U20s last year, really hurt our team in the WC, and then went out and had a class act of a season at Ulster. Himself and Gilroy have been exceptional in White this year, hopefully keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            Do you have the Windows CD that came with the machine? You'll need to do a system restore to a few days ago before the latest updates got applied. Stick in the CD boot up the laptop and follow the instructions, it is very straightforward.
                            Searched everywhere and cant find one .

Comment

on start up, tap the space bar (or press F8) you should get to the advanced startup options, choose safe mode and see if it boots up.

Comment

Hi Damo, you can borrow my laptop if you want, not needed it as shall be dealing all weekend
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                  can anyone sort me out with a trade?

I want to receive on Paddy Power

Want to get rid of Full Tilt

anything up to $120 if possible.

DJKendo is my name on both sites

I'll send first, thanks!
                                  Bump,

would like to get this sorted before tonight if possible.

Thanks!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

on start up, tap the space bar (or press F8) you should get to the advanced startup options, choose safe mode and see if it boots up.
                                      Ok ive got a windows boot manager screen up ?? now what .
                                      Can i ring you ? pm me your no.

Comment

number sent

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                          If you put a bet on with the bookie, were you have a clear edge (they made a mistake or whatever). and you then go and double it with another bet of simular status, then you are in fact increasing your edge in this case. It also increases your variance, but thats irrelevant to the Q

Now - the majority of the time bets placed with the bookie are negative EV, so placing a double would increase THEIR edge, and in turn back up your point.

Nah I understand all of that. More the maths behind increasing the bookies edge/increasing your own on a bet.

Say you've two 2/1 shots and the bookies edge is 16%? What does it increase to if you double them in a bet?
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Went to the rebels Super15 game tonight v Western Force.

Cracking game even if Mortlocks equalising try was a massive knock on.

Great atmosphere too, been to 4 of the games and that was by far the best.

Cipriani started too. Had a very good game.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                    Went to the rebels Super15 game tonight v Western Force.

Cracking game even if Mortlocks equalising try was a massive knock on.

Great atmosphere too, been to 4 of the games and that was by far the best.

Cipriani started too. Had a very good game.

He'd be scary good if he wasn't such a head the ball. I think he'll always be once of those "If only..". So much talent but such little interest in using it.

Comment

Armani Jeans. I dont know where that post is gone or if you deleted it but any chance you can link me to somewhere I can read up on that maths?

Zombie by the Cranberries here playing while the lads are boozing, some tune. Shes a cracking singer.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                        He'd be scary good if he wasn't such a head the ball. I think he'll always be once of those "If only..". So much talent but such little interest in using it.
                                                        Yeah my thoughts exactly. He's very very creative.

Comment

Armani Jeans. I dont know where that post is gone or if you deleted it but any chance you can link me to somewhere I can read up on that maths?
                                                          I deleted it coz I thought it was too long winded !

A 4 runner race, all horses 2/1, the book adds up 133%. Bookies Margin is 33/133 = 24%.

2 such races, we do a double, there are 16 possible combinations all of which pay 8/1 so the book adds up 177% (1/9 * 16). So the bookies margin = 77/177 = 43%.

3 such races we do a treble, there are 64 possible combos all of which pay 26/1 so the book adds up to 237% (1/27 * 64). So the bookies margin = 137/237 = 58%.

So always going up, though worth remembering that the bookies theoretical margin can never go above 100%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_of_bookmaking might give you more information, or ask anything and I'm sure me or someone else will know.
                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 17-06-11, 13:19.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            I deleted it coz I thought it was too long winded !

A 4 runner race, all horses 2/1, the book adds up 133%. Bookies Margin is 33/133 = 24%.

2 such races, we do a double, there are 16 possible combinations all of which pay 8/1 so the book adds up 177% (1/9 * 16). So the bookies margin = 77/177 = 43%.

3 such races we do a treble, there are 64 possible combos all of which pay 26/1 so the book adds up to 237% (1/27 * 64). So the bookies margin = 137/237 = 58%.
                                                            Cheers.

Is there anywhere I can get the basics of bookkeeping/further reading?

Purely out of interest tbh, never really knew how it works only what I can logically transfer from poker and its EV calcs.

Comment

Cheers.

Is there anywhere I can get the basics of bookkeeping/further reading?

Purely out of interest tbh, never really knew how it works only what I can logically transfer from poker and its EV calcs.
                                                              There's a link in my earlier post now which might be helpful.

I also found the betting odds v percentages chart a great starting point when I first started gambling in the bookies. I am a maths nerd though.

This website is for sale! horseracing-and-bettingsystems.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, horseracing-and-bettingsystems.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I quickly got into the habit of being able to add up all the odd for an event to see what percentage the bookie was betting to.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                What's there not to get? It's a pretty unlikely thing to see in the middle of a riot.
                                                                Yeah it's very weird, that's what I meant

Comment

He's an INCREDIBLY talented sportsman. I think he played youths with a first division football side before committing to rugby and had also played county cricket with Surrey or someone. Pretty sure he played tennis at representative level as well.

He's been pretty hot and cold all season with the Rebels. When he's good he's unbelievable and when he's bad I'm pretty sure I'd do a better job. In one way I think he's an idiot for not being more focused but another part of me says fair play for fully embracing the lifestyle he's been offered but yeah, it is a massive waste of talent I guess. This was a pretty spectacular try from a few months ago. Actually spectacular doesn't really do it justice.

But then he goes and does retarded stuff like stealing bottles from behind the bar in clubs and getting photographed leaving a club at 3am the night before a game.

Comment

Lol

Hi Emmet,

If you could arrive at 9.30am given that it is your first day. Normal office hours are 9am to 5pm. You don’t need to bring anything along other than yourself.

See you next Tuesday.

Comment

He's an INCREDIBLY talented sportsman. I think he played youths with a first division football side before committing to rugby and had also played county cricket with Surrey or someone. Pretty sure he played tennis at representative level as well.

He's been pretty hot and cold all season with the Rebels. When he's good he's unbelievable and when he's bad I'm pretty sure I'd do a better job. In one way I think he's an idiot for not being more focused but another part of me says fair play for fully embracing the lifestyle he's been offered but yeah, it is a massive waste of talent I guess. This was a pretty spectacular try from a few months ago. Actually spectacular doesn't really do it justice.

But then he goes and does retarded stuff like stealing bottles from behind the bar in clubs and getting photographed leaving a club at 3am the night before a game.
                                                                      He was shagging Kelly Brook, he's a legend in my book

Comment

RE: Cipriani

There was a great quote on the boards.ie rugby forum a few months ago about dedication being the difference in sports. That many "almost-greats" could easily have been incredible had they just got their head right. Paraphrasing here, but I think the gist of the quote was

"Dedication, and having a proper head on your shoulders is the difference between Simon Easterby having 65 Irish caps and 2 British and Irish Lions caps, being heralded as a gentleman of the game and respected by all and Neil Best having only 18 Irish caps and living in a flat in Worcester"

Comment

Rory McIlroy needs to play his final 10 holes in 6-under to break the U.S. Open single-round scoring record of 62 set by Roy McAvoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                            hmm, perhaps 'hitherto' instead of 'heretofore'?

Don't think have ever written either word before
                                                                            They both work.

Comment

Rebecca Black's Friday video removed from YouTube
                                                                              She has amassed nearly as many "dislikes" as she has YouTube viewers since unleashing her debut song Friday earlier this year, but now Rebecca Black's detested single has been removed from the international video site owing to a dispute with her record label.

Ark Music Factory, the company behind the teenager's single, has given few details about what the dispute involves, but TMZ quotes a spokesperson for the singer as saying: "We can confirm that we submitted a Take Down Notice to YouTube as a result of the dispute we have with Ark Music regarding the Friday video."

The issue is thought to involve Ark's sudden decision to make Friday a "rental" video, in which users pay $2.99 (£1.85) to watch Black parading around in a convertible and generally looking forward to the weekend. This is thought to have caused disagreement between Ark and Black's representatives over who owns the rights to Black's image. Black's mother originally paid Ark to write and produce the song and its accompanying video for her daughter.

Friday was released in March and became a viral hit either because of or despite its vacuous lyrics. Its chorus repeats the words Friday, and its verses list the many things Black does on that day: eat cereal, go to school, say Friday over and over again in anticipation of an amazing weekend. However, despite achieving 167m YouTube views, Black was also the subject of sustained internet abuse.

For those who have not yet watched the video for Friday, the song still appears in some forms on YouTube, including this acoustic performance.
                                                                              So fucking excellent. Ten Thumbs up for this description.

Comment

Do the stable hands wear a top hat and tails when they're scrubbing the crud out of the stallions turtleneck after a stint of breeding?

The Daily Mail and it's pretend snobbery for it's readers and their delusions of grandeur can go die in a fire.
                                                                                It was a joke, duh! Sir Peter who is in his 90's was making a funny . Class Warriors LOL

Heres the Cipriani clip for anyone who didn't click through the link. Awesome.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Mike Phillips has been banned indefinitely by the WRU btw...
                                                                                  Hensonism seems to be contagious within the Welsh squad. This is a disaster for Wales!
                                                                                  Mike Phillips has been suspended indefinitely from Wales squad duties with immediate effect.

The move comes after WalesOnline published the above pictures of Phillips being restrained by bouncers outside a Cardiff city centre McDonalds at 3am.

The 28-year-old, who completed a switch from the Ospreys to French side Bayonne earlier this week, has been told not to report to WRU headquarters at the National Centre of Excellence this Monday - the day his personal training regime is due to start – and has been barred from the squad until further notice.

In a statement released today, the Wales management team said it would take time to consider the circumstances surrounding the allegations about the player’s behaviour in public while on leave from the squad before it meets for pre-Rugby World Cup training.

The WRU said it would seek further details about the this week's incident while the suspension is in place.

WRU chief executive Roger Lewis said: “The player has been suspended due to a clear breach of the standards which we expect to be maintained by someone involved in one of our national squads.

“Discipline and acceptable behaviour are issues which run to the core values of the Welsh Rugby Union and we cannot tolerate any compromise of those standards.

“Mike Phillips is an exceptional player, but there is irrefutable evidence of a prima facie nature that he was engaged in behaviour which falls below the standards we set.

“It is vitally important that we send out a clear and unambiguous message to one and all concerning our views on matters of this sort.

“That message must be heard clearly by all players, coaches, administrators, volunteers, supporters and, of course, the parents and guardians of any child attracted to take part in the national sport of Wales.

“By taking decisive action now we are emphasising that this sort of incident is highly unusual in that the majority of people involved in Welsh rugby help us maintain the proud record we have for fair play and off the field courtesy.

“Our senior national squad players are highly visible because of the profile which accompanies the success of our national sport and it is made clear to them that they are the ambassadors we rely on to foster and sustain our image.

“An incredible amount of hard work is currently taking place as our players prepare for the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand and that effort must be recognised and supported by all involved.

“I am making my views public at this time because, as the nation anticipates our involvement in Rugby World Cup there is no room for any ambiguity in our reasoning.

“Rugby is part of the culture of our nation and we must do all in our power to ensure that the game remains a sport that everyone in Wales can be rightly proud of.”

Wales team manager Alan Phillips said: “We have suspended Mike Phillips on the clear evidence of a level of behaviour we regard as unacceptable.

“It is clear there has been a breach of our disciplinary standards.”

The suspension has been approved by Wales head coach Warren Gatland and agreed by the senior squad management team.

The WRU said it has not been alerted of any criminal action and the suspension is based on its own rules of behaviour.

A statement from the union said it would offer no further comment on the issue.

Cardiff Blues scrum-half Lloyd Williams has been called into the Wales pre-Rugby World Cup training squad and will report for duty on Monday.

Phillips made his debut for Wales in 2003 against Romania, and has since won 52 caps, with his most recent appearance coming against the Barbarians earlier this month.
                                                                                  Andy Powell, Gavin Henson and now Mike Phillips pressing the self destruct button.

Is there something in the water?

Comment

pfffft over reaction imo we all get restrained by bouncers now and again

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                      no such thing as an unflawed genius
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Outside the niteclub is acceptable, outside McDonalds is pretty bad at a lot of levels.

Comment

I agree that it is an overreaction, but in fairness, wtf was he doing out on the lash in Cardiff in a WC year?

Starting on bouncers and resisting them, and then having to be taken home by the police after wrestling with them too?

Look at the photos, he's a rugby star in the public eye, he has to know better than that.

Comment

Whatever about his dedication. Rumours he is staying in Melbourne next year, Beale has already committed to the Rebels next season and O'Connor was alleged to have signed in the local paper today, no official confirmation yet.

They'll have some serious backline next year with Cipriani pulling strings, Mortlock being the beast he is, Gerrard playing out of his skin and Beale and O'Connor coming in.

If Im here next year, itll be a season ticket for me. So close to the house too.

Comment

O'Connor is going there. They're going to get their act together big time.

Comment

Yeah should be sweet.

Pity the jersey is ugly as fuck.

Comment

Yea but he's not a big deal on the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    It was a joke, duh! Sir Peter who is in his 90's was making a funny . Class Warriors LOL

How exactly was it a joke?

Comment

Does this mean Wales won't qualify?
                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                        Does this mean Wales won't qualify?
                                                                                                        he'll definitely go to the World Cup.

He's got 3/4 weeks from Squad training anyway, so will just continue his personal training as if he wasn't banned.

They'll make an announcement that he's going to donate some money to charity, and he'll make a public apology, and then he'll join up with the team for every session.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          I agree that it is an overreaction, but in fairness, wtf was he doing out on the lash in Cardiff in a WC year?
                                                                                                          Meh fuck that. They're on release from the squad. They've been in camp for basically 11 months and from next week will probably be back in camp for a sickly intense season with the WC. They need to unwind, everyone gets pissed and if this has any ramifications on his WC selection that's ridiculous imo. I'm not saying it's acceptable but it's hardly the end of the world. The Leinster team are no angels from many times I've seen them on the piss but as long as it's not in the run up to a match let them at it imo.

Whatever about his dedication. Rumours he is staying in Melbourne next year, Beale has already committed to the Rebels next season and O'Connor was alleged to have signed in the local paper today, no official confirmation yet.

They'll have some serious backline next year with Cipriani pulling strings, Mortlock being the beast he is, Gerrard playing out of his skin and Beale and O'Connor coming in.

If Im here next year, itll be a season ticket for me. So close to the house too.
                                                                                                          Melbourne is a front runner for me when I get my thesis out of the way. This would be awesome.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              Outside the niteclub is acceptable, outside McDonalds is pretty bad at a lot of levels.
                                                                                                              It was at 3am though - thats why every take away on Camden Street has a bouncer - you know the feeling of rage you get when all you want is a chicken burger and theres no chicken left. Probably what happened here.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Starting on bouncers and resisting them, and then having to be taken home by the police after wrestling with them too?

Look at the photos, he's a rugby star in the public eye, he has to know better than that.
                                                                                                              yeah I know its a WC year but its the week before he goes into training camp - he prob wont see, smell and obv not tatse alcohol for the next 6 months. No harm in one last blowout before the tough slog begins

obv wrestling with the police was a bad idea but fcuk bouncers they are mostly cnuts and prob deserved it

Comment

Meh fuck that. They're on release from the squad. They've been in camp for basically 11 months and from next week will probably be back in camp for a sickly intense season with the WC. They need to unwind, everyone gets pissed and if this has any ramifications on his WC selection that's ridiculous imo. I'm not saying it's acceptable but it's hardly the end of the world. The Leinster team are no angels from many times I've seen them on the piss but as long as it's not in the run up to a match let them at it imo.
                                                                                                                Completely agreed, that's why I think that we don't have the full story.

If O'Driscoll arrived at Burger King at 4am steamed to the gills, the Bouncers would clear space for him and make sure nobody bothered him. Rugby players in Wales are as good as Superstars, there has to be more to the story than just him being locked.

Comment

How exactly was it a joke?
                                                                                                                  Please tell me you are taking the piss

The decline in standards has not gone unnoticed, as racing commentator Sir Peter O’Sullevan pointed out when he said: ‘Sometimes the grandstands seem over-run by tattoos and bare flesh. It’s disrespectful – not just to the Queen, but to the horses.’

Comment

man wanted a chicken Royale and Maccy D's wouldn't facilitate - understandable rage

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      Please tell me you are taking the piss
                                                                                                                      I'm still unsure how you think Peter O'Sullevan was joking there. Not that I know a lot about the guy but it fits in with the tone of the rest of the article.

Comment

...

Comment

I'm still unsure how you think Peter O'Sullevan was joking there. Not that I know a lot about the guy but it fits in with the tone of the rest of the article.
                                                                                                                          You see its like this, Sir Peter does think that it is disrespectful to the Queen and other refined people like himself to have to suffer sharing Royal Ascot with a crowd full of drunken scangers, but by adding in in that it is being disrespectful to the horses he is using hyperbole for comic effect. He achieves this by virtue of the fact that even though he is 94 years of age and may appear on the surface to be approaching senility he does not actually believe in his heart and soul that the horses actually give a crap how many scangers are in the crowd, let alone that they would understand the concept of the gradation of social class by dress at English social occasions.

The aArticle was in the Daily Mail FFS!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X