This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
    I last posted here to try get you to vote for my girlfriends Oxegen t-shirt design. Tonight, she absolutely blew me
    got this far, pretty solid brag imo
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Thinly veiled hot girlfriend brag IMO.
      It's Natalie Portman!

Comment

From facebook

Originally posted by Dave Callaghan
        Paul Spillane hu with David foot fetish Williams for back to back PLO titles. UnNATURAL stuff! Gl G
        $50k FTW!

Comment

Opening fixtures for next season.

Arsenals first 3 games. Newcastle (away), Liverpool (home), Man Utd (away) LOL

------------------------------------------------------

Opening weekend - Saturday 13 August

Blackburn v Wolves

Fulham v Aston Villa

Liverpool v Sunderland

Man City v Swansea

Newcastle v Arsenal

QPR v Bolton

Stoke v Chelsea

Tottenham v Everton

West Brom v Man Utd

Wigan v Norwich

Saturday 20 August

Arsenal v Liverpool

Aston Villa v Blackburn

Bolton v Man City

Chelsea v West Brom

Everton v QPR

Man Utd v Tottenham

Norwich v Stoke

Sunderland v Newcastle

Swansea v Wigan

Wolves v Fulham

Saturday 27 August

Aston Villa v Wolves

Blackburn v Everton

Chelsea v Norwich

Liverpool v Bolton

Man Utd v Arsenal

Newcastle v Fulham

Swansea v Sunderland

Tottenham v Man City

West Brom v Stoke

Wigan v QPR

Comment

One day just outside a bookies I found an envelope with the price of a new car in it. I figured out pretty quickly that it belonged to a guy I know and despise with a passion (an either corrupt or just utterly incompetent solicitor) who had just been in the bookies with his mates on the way to the Phoenix Park where a donkey they had was running that evening.
            Cut a long story short despite the fact that sight of the cnut makes me feeel a bit ill, that I knew they were going to spew the money on the nag which was never going to win, I got the money back to them.
            Wish I had it now
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

We have Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea in our opening 5
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I'm remembering more stuff from my attack. They said they were going to take my money and put it in a brown envelope and leave it in the middle of the road outside a Centra in Rathmines. They also took some coins in my pocket and put them in the envelope too. I can't remember how many coins as the kicks to my head must have made me forget them.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                  We have Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea in our opening 5
                  On the other hand, in the last 11 fixtures of the season, they only have to play 1 of last seasons top 6 teams (ManCity away).

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                    On the other hand, in the last 11 fixtures of the season, they only have to play 1 of last seasons top 6 teams (ManCity away).
                    Aye spotted that, we shall see how we start. Apparently we are signing Sanchez and Modric today so all is good

Comment

Arsenals first 3 games. Newcastle (away), Liverpool (home), Man Utd (away)

Throw 2 champions league qualifiers inbetween these aswell.

Comment

7500 pages close the BBVG and start again imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                          7500 pages close the BBVG and start again imo.
                          Lollers at the 20 posts per page people.

Comment

The Greeks have replaced their Minister for Finance

not sure if this is pathos or hubris
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Lollers at the 20 posts per page people.
                              makes it easier to skip the night posting wolfpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                The Greeks have replaced their Minister for Finance

not sure if this is pathos or hubris
                                I think they were two of the musketeers, not finance ministers.

Comment

Isner and Mahut drawn together in first round of Wimbledon. LOL. Rigged much?

Comment

makes it easier to skip the night posting wolfpack.
                                    Not sure why anyone would want to skip them. CHD, SHD and Dave always give me a laugh when I read back over their nocturnal ramblings.

Long may they live and prosper.

Comment

Brawl as Royal Ascot Yesterday

More pics here
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Go on then, I'll take it.
                                        Its been emotional. Thank you one and all, even those I always argue with.
                                        Sail on.

Comment

The decline in standards has not gone unnoticed, as racing commentator Sir Peter O’Sullevan pointed out when he said: ‘Sometimes the grandstands seem over-run by tattoos and bare flesh. It’s disrespectful – not just to the Queen, but to the horses.’
                                          Fucking lol. The horses don't give a fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            It's Natalie Portman!
                                            Ah...

Unless his girlfriend is Natalie Portman in which case

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Any betting genii here.

Im trying to explain to a housemate how doing accumulators gives the bookie a bigger edge.

Struggling to find the write example/phasing

CAn someone help me out?
                                              If you put a bet on with the bookie, were you have a clear edge (they made a mistake or whatever). and you then go and double it with another bet of simular status, then you are in fact increasing your edge in this case. It also increases your variance, but thats irrelevant to the Q

Now - the majority of the time bets placed with the bookie are negative EV, so placing a double would increase THEIR edge, and in turn back up your point.

Seperately, and perhaps what some people confuse with Accums. A lot of people want Winning bets, and not valuable bets. They place a 10 team accum, and it loses 20 times in a row. they presume the bet is stacked in the bookies favour.
                                              If the bet is ACTUALLY a 10/1 bet and you are getting 10/1 or better on the bet, then you arent giving the bookie an advantage, yet over a massive volume will only win 1 out of 9 of these bets. Something that the average mug doesnt consider.

Id say the first part of my reply is more relevant to your Q though

We;re heading over in october for Lexys bday - get involved!
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

feckit, anyone fancy a cheap homegame in Dublin tonight? BYOB and low stakes.

Comment

Fucking lol. The horses don't give a fuck.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I forgot to answer yesterday's BBV theme question by the way:

If you are a hippie (boo to you for a start) who goes to a printing office looking to get something done up on recycled paper the standard line is for the printer to say "Yeah, no bother, but recycled paper is pricey like", charge you a fortune, lol at you, then print the job on the cheapest shit he can find.

WP imo.

Comment

Brent Pope, worst after dinner speaker ever. an ordeal. Kiwis just don't do humour do they. as for his Rubgy insights, he reckons it will be a travesty if NL don't win the WC. Ireland have a limited squad and Engerland can reach the final.
                                                      On the plus side he's off to Zambia to help them build houses, ok clap clap.

Comment

feckit, anyone fancy a cheap homegame in Dublin tonight? BYOB and low stakes.
                                                        Where abouts?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                          Haha...

as it emerged that racecourse bosses have installed a drugs honesty box by the gates to give visitors the chance to hand over any narcotics before entering the grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                            We;re heading over in october for Lexys bday - get involved!
                                                            IPO weekend

I'll commit pending a change of job

EDIT: my 1999 post

SPOILER

Comment

Bump really appreciate if somebody could do this

Thats pretty cool would be well handy for when I am recording in 1080

Favour to ask folks would one of you be able to buy that for me (no credit card) and I will ship you the money on Boyle Poker? Big time appreciate if anybody can help out
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                Where abouts?
                                                                East Wall. Note, it's BYOB, not BYODegeneracy. Nor will I be supplying degeneracy either.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                  Would help you out if I could, have you tried one of these? https://www.3v.ie/ check the store locator and see if there's one near you.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'll sort ya out if ya want Danny, pm where you want it delivered or whatever.
                                                                      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

East Wall. Note, it's BYOB, not BYODegeneracy. Nor will I be supplying degeneracy either.
                                                                          Invite the muggers, win back your €€€

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                            That envelope that Donkey found last night must have been someone's paycheck - they're nearly always paid in brown envelopes and that would explain the coins.
                                                                            Lol at someone getting paid in coins. Even my wages has the odd €10 note in it

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              Do the stable hands wear a top hat and tails when they're scrubbing the crud out of the stallions turtleneck after a stint of breeding?

The Daily Mail and it's pretend snobbery for it's readers and their delusions of grandeur can go die in a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

More pics here
                                                                                http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gs-flying.html
                                                                                that pic is brilliant.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Personally, I would of linked to the picture of the hooker

Comment

I'll sort it if you are stuck?
                                                                                    You want someone to buy the card yeah?
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                      That envelope that Donkey found last night must have been someone's paycheck - they're nearly always paid in brown envelopes and that would explain the coins.
                                                                                      That was my thoughts.
                                                                                      Bar Wages are usually cash in hand.

Comment

You could get one of those prepaid o2 cards Danny, i would be happy enough to buy it for ya, but it would get shipped to my credit card address, so would be next week before i could get it to ya. Good price for a class 10, I find class 4 cards v juddery when recording 720p on my sports cam.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/o2-money/?...y-_-HP-Banner1
                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Louth hotel taking Google to court over autocomplete

The Ballymascanlon House Hotel in Co Louth is taking Google to court after the company's autocomplete web search wrongly suggested the hotel was going into receivership.

According to The Open Algorithm, if a user begins to type “ballymascanlon” into the Google search bar, the second search term is “ballymascanlon hotel receivership.”

As a result, numerous worried customers have rang and emailed the hotel, concerned it may close down before their bookings. Speaking to Siliconrepublic.com, Chris Brayden, general manager at Ballymascanlon House Hotel, said it has also impacted future reservations.

“We would have brides looking to book 2013 weddings and it’s very hard for them to decide to pay a deposit in confidence when they see that we’re possibly in receivership and we’re not," said Brayden.

“The company’s sound, we’ve been trading for 60 years. We couldn’t ignore it anymore,” he said.

According to Brayden, the hotel had sent Google Ireland three solicitor letters, after receiving no response through the usual online communications. The third said the hotel would take action against the search company and asked it to select a solicitor to accept a plenary summons.

After the hotel sent the summons, Google responded, saying the algorithm for the autocomplete search was made by the US Google team and that the issue should be resolved with them.

Brayden said they were taking Google to court because they were ignoring the hotel and that their autocomplete search engine still wrongly claims the hotel is in receivership.

“It’s been an ongoing situation. It’s perpetuating a rumour about the hotel being in receivership, which is untrue. A mega corporation like Google, having that as an auto prompt, gives credence to the rumour. It’s very defamatory and very dangerous for our reputation," said Brayden.

Google Ireland said it was unable to comment on ongoing legal proceedings, but argued its autocomplete feature was not manually controlled by Google, but by what the user searches for.

"Autocomplete is a feature of Google search that offers predicted searches to help you find what you’re looking for more quickly. These searches are produced by a number of objective factors, including popularity of search terms," said a Google spokesperson.

"Google does not manually select these terms - all of the millions of queries shown in autocomplete have been typed previously by other Google users."

Brayden said the hotel has recently met with Google Ireland’s legal team to discuss the matter further.
                                                                                          Interesting one, hard to disagree with them.
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            There was a riot in Vancouver after the home team lost a major hockey final. A photographer snapped this. Mild NSFW warning:

SPOILER
                                                                                            Looks like a scene from a Transformers movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                                                                                              I'll sort ya out if ya want Danny, pm where you want it delivered or whatever.
                                                                                              Cheers man that would be sweet will fire you off a PM in minute.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              I'll sort it if you are stuck?
                                                                                              You want someone to buy the card yeah?
                                                                                              Have it sorted cheers thou dude

Would help you out if I could, have you tried one of these? https://www.3v.ie/ check the store locator and see if there's one near you.
                                                                                              Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                              You could get one of those prepaid o2 cards Danny, i would be happy enough to buy it for ya, but it would get shipped to my credit card address, so would be next week before i could get it to ya. Good price for a class 10, I find class 4 cards v juddery when recording 720p on my sports cam.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/o2-money/?...y-_-HP-Banner1
                                                                                              I do have a 3V card but because its just over the limit before you have to pay for topping it up I would rather not if I could get a kind soul nice enough to buy it for me + I kinda procrastinate at times and probably wont't get to a shop.

I did use a class 4 at the event the other day and it seemed to run ok but I do think a higher class would be better in the long run.
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

with the missus away, my cats are being fed one less meal a day due to me not being home at lunch.

As a result, they have taken it upon themselves to show me how to kill food by killing small birds and leaving them outside the back door.

Hopefully they won't start bringing half dead ones back for me to finish off.

Comment

with the missus away, my cats are being fed one less meal a day due to me not being home at lunch.

As a result, they have taken it upon themselves to show me how to kill food by killing small birds and leaving them outside the back door.

you should take them with you , when walking home alone

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                    Interesting one, hard to disagree with them.
                                                                                                    I just had a look there and am at a loss as to why they didn't ask TripAdvisor to take down the allegedly false review that started the trend in this search. One thing's for certain, now that they've gone to the press about this, there's going to be tonnes of articles on well ranking news sites that most potential visitors won't even read but the mere sight of the words "hotel" and "receivership" will be enough to put them off!

On the one hand I can see their point but on the other they're completely responsible for their own online demise.

Comment

David Williams tweeted that he got 2nd. That's good news for Paul Spillane I assume

Comment

Never underestimate a woman who can get both legs behind her head and wrap her feet around her face. (HINT: Watch past the first 45 seconds or so. Whoa!)So...

All kinds ofr odd. watch past 1 min.

Actually, Hitch probably has a story like this video.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Zod; 17-06-11, 11:22.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                          David Williams tweeted that he got 2nd. That's good news for Paul Spillane I assume
                                                                                                          Have you a link?

Found it.

Lol @ Williams

Originally posted by David Williams
                                                                                                          Heads up. He's getting drunker and his chips shorter.
                                                                                                          Fast forward an hour

Originally posted by David Williams
                                                                                                          2nd place. Took a pretty bad beat to lose it. Oh well. I ran good to get this far
                                                                                                          Last edited by Megatron; 17-06-11, 11:30.

Comment

Have you a link?

Found it.

Lol @ Williams

Fast forward an hour
                                                                                                            pretty funny timeline on them ok

3 handed. Drunk guy 3.3. Me 2.9. Other guy 200k.

Heads up! Even chips vs the drunk guy.

Heads up. He's getting drunker and his chips shorter. 3.9M to his 2.4M.

And he doubles up to even it up. I just got him another Coors Light :-)

Comment

bring them out for a walk next time in fairview park...

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                Isner and Mahut drawn together in first round of Wimbledon. LOL. Rigged much?
                                                                                                                LOL.

We might even have an Irishman in the draw this year. Conor Niland is playing the final round of qualifying today (he's up 4-2 with play suspended).

I remember watching him play in his junior days. Would be great to see him get through.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin' Man View Post
                                                                                                                  bring them out for a walk next time in fairview park...
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Subject: Twitter

Phil Neville V Seamus Coleman

If u want a signed pair of my boots go to www.starsboots.com money goes to charity thanks
                                                                                                                    prob be best selling garys boots pal.. Won't get much money for yours!
                                                                                                                    hello seamie see ur sub again for the republic tomorrow night!!!
                                                                                                                    if I'm lucky I'll be sub.. Maybe won't even make the bench.. Any advice for me? U have plenty experience of being on the bench
                                                                                                                    sub for ireland-its like being sub for man utd youth team! Although u r a 50k signing from sligo bless!
                                                                                                                    yeah just glad to be here fizzer! Never thought I'd be so lucky!
                                                                                                                    u looking forward to next season.. U must be glad garys retired? Ur family might come watch u on a saturday now!
                                                                                                                    actually they will prob just stay in and watch him on sky sports instead of watching u!
                                                                                                                    does trapp say "run forest run" to u like moyesy does??
                                                                                                                    r u licking captain robbie keanes arse like u lick captain nevilles?

did ur brother play for man utd 600 times pal?? Thought not!!

when u upgrading ur caravan to a tent pal?

any more lip pal and I'll get peter walton to send u off again!!!!

were u going on holiday pal-isle of man??

why u getting angry pal.. U got got that angry on a match day u would be a great captain!!
                                                                                                                    be careful next season pal-everyone plays sh*t in their 2nd season!!!
                                                                                                                    does everyone play sh*t in there 15 season aswell?
                                                                                                                    16th season pal!
                                                                                                                    you counting ur 10 years on united bench?
                                                                                                                    gone quiet pal u been round to keaneys room to run his bath?
                                                                                                                    u gettin jealous?? I'll be back to look after u next season pal.. Do I still have to do all ur running tho??
                                                                                                                    here u r was getting worried keano let u off the lead?
                                                                                                                    keep playing the way u r m8 and you'll be back playing at widnes wit the reserves!

what did u miss last game of season for again.. Toothache?? Dnt think big dunc would miss a game cause of his tooth!
                                                                                                                    nice debut benfica away m8-what was the score??
                                                                                                                    5.0 pal.. A good captain would have been there to help his players but where were u??
                                                                                                                    u enjoy going to the world cups with england or was that gary AGAIN!? I'm sure u were proud to watch him!!
                                                                                                                    u like talking about gary m8-got a secret crush?
                                                                                                                    everyone likes gary more.. U should know that by now!!
                                                                                                                    have a great summer pal-reserves report back 5th july!
                                                                                                                    is that what date he told u.. Internationals not back until the 11th so see ya then! Night skipper x
                                                                                                                    topman come on macedonia!!
                                                                                                                    let's make a pact pal-no more slaughtering on twitter-i need u-u need me-agreed? Ask keano for permission 1st though!
                                                                                                                    u need me to do ur running.. Why do I need you??
                                                                                                                    I'm trying to hand u an olive branch pal-do u not want it?
                                                                                                                    I just want to know why I need u? Not a trick question.
                                                                                                                    lads don't like u pal-so have to protect u!
                                                                                                                    nev dnt start!! Because its you they dnt like.. And I dnt need u to protect me.. I protected u all season!
                                                                                                                    its all about u pal aint it! Good luck next season you will need it!

I know I will.. Uv had 15 years good luck! Well done! I know ur missing me really!

u licking charlie adams arse now too? Is it captains that turn u on??

hahahahaha good one pal! What a captain he was too.. He could actually pass to his team mates!
                                                                                                                    Last edited by nicnicnic; 17-06-11, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Shame on me...we now think alike...

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic
                                                                                                                        Subject: Twitter

Phil Neville V Seamus Coleman
                                                                                                                        If Phil Nevilles wife left him..

Comment

Ireland World Cup Training Squad...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Backs (19):

Isaac Boss (Terenure College/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
                                                                                                                          Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Gavin Duffy (Galwegians/Connacht)
                                                                                                                          Keith Earls (Thomond/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock College/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Geordan Murphy (Leicester)
                                                                                                                          Conor Murray (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Peter Stringer (Shannon/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
                                                                                                                          Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)

Forwards (24):

Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
                                                                                                                          Tony Buckley (Sale Sharks)
                                                                                                                          Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
                                                                                                                          Sean Cronin (Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
                                                                                                                          Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
                                                                                                                          John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Marcus Horan (Shannon/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Shane Jennings (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Mike McCarthy (Buccaneers/Connacht)
                                                                                                                          Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Mick O'Driscoll (Cork Constitution/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
                                                                                                                          Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Damien Varley (Garryown/Munster)
                                                                                                                          David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
                                                                                                                          Brett Wilkinson (Galwegians/Connacht)

Not considered due to injury:

Shane Horgan (Boyne/Leinster) – Knee
                                                                                                                          Ian Humphries (Ballymena/Ulster) – Shoulder
                                                                                                                          Nevin Spence (Ballynahinch/Ulster) – shoulder

Guinness Summer Series:

August 6th: Scotland v Ireland, Murrayfield, Edinburgh
                                                                                                                          August 13th: France v Ireland, Stade Chaban Delmas, Bordeaux
                                                                                                                          August 18th: Ireland Select XV v Connacht, Donnybrook Stadium, Dublin
                                                                                                                          August 20th: Ireland v France, Aviva Stadium, Dublin
                                                                                                                          August 27th: Ireland v England, Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X