Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think making no attempt to find the owner is pretty scummy tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
      just found €300+ in a brown envelope on my way to centra in rathmines literally just in the middle of the street ,actually found it when i was crossing the road, if i lost money i'd want some1 to at least try and give it back, off to the garda station then?
      It wasn't outside the bleeding horse was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        It wasn't outside the bleeding horse was it?

Bit slow tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
          Bit of shippage there,11.5k after a deal. benaldo was from kildare, not an IPBer though as far as I know?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
          Ffs, I think I swapped 5% with you in the only tourney you didn't scoop all year

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
              Bit slow tonight?
              I just dunno where the centra is - I'm a noob.

Comment

FML

Just headed out to get a pizza earlier, there's a great place in Rathmines village, I had my fucking rent money in an envelope, don't know why the fuck I brought it with me, anyway, I lost the fucking thing, so so sick.

FML
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I just dunno where the centra is - I'm a noob.

Rathmines. Bleeding horse is up by harcourt street. About a 15-20 minute walk I'd say. The centra in rathmines is on the opposite side of the swan centre, next to Kopan(pub) if you know that, or eddie rockets.

Comment

I think making no attempt to find the owner is pretty scummy tbh.
                    LOL

Comment

Rathmines. Bleeding horse is up by harcourt street. About a 15-20 minute walk I'd say. The centra in rathmines is on the opposite side of the swan centre, next to Kopan(pub) if you know that, or eddie rockets.
                      Crap I thought bleeding horse was at least Camden street

EDIT: I obv know where €5 White Russians Kopans is

Comment

Crap I thought bleeding horse was at least Camden street
                        it is yeah... About 6 steps off it

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                          LOL
                          I'm sure that's the attitude you'd have taken if you'd dropped a sizeable chunk of change in Dublin and hadn't gotten it back
                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            it is yeah... About 6 steps off it
                            Getting back to your table quiz story - I always come second in the fuckin things.

Last one I was at we came second on a respectable 68/80 to a team that went 6/10, 7/10 and then 10/10 for six rounds straight for the rest of the night

Only one prize as well obv.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                              I'm sure that's the attitude you'd have taken if you'd dropped a sizeable chunk of change in Dublin and hadn't gotten it back
                              Dublin has it now

Comment

This is released today but I haven't really seen a lot to do with it (by choice) so gonna go in with a clear head about it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  FML

Just headed out to get a pizza earlier, there's a great place in Rathmines village, I had my fucking rent money in an envelope, don't know why the fuck I brought it with me, anyway, I lost the fucking thing, so so sick.

FML
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                    FML

FML
                                    Must be good if you were coming all the way from City West for a pizza.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                    Isn't karma from the same religion that had their swastika stolen and turned into a symbol of genocide? Unlucky fckers, if so!
                                    Unlucky?! Obviously just a shower of cunts in a previous life!
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                      I <3 you Michelle
                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

FML!!! Was in Dublin tonight near some Centra in Rathmines and dropped my money envelope. Anyone know what I should do? I was thinking of going to the Gardai but surely there no one stupid enough to hand it in? Meh, fuck it...there's more in the post.

Edit: here I am coming home pished and lazare jumps in with the gag because it takes me 2mins to type a letter. FML!
                                        Last edited by Caf; 17-06-11, 00:13.

Comment

Id snap keep the 300.

Id snap keep it no matter how much it was actually.

Cash in hand >>>>>> karma.
                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Just have South Park on in the background and its the episode when Mr Garrisson gets the sex change, fucking hell some of it is
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                FML!!! Was in Dublin tonight near some Centra in Rathmines and dropped my money envelope. Anyone know what I should do? I was thinking of going to the Gardai but surely there no one stupid enough to hand it in? Meh, fuck it...there's more in the post.
                                                Ben Dunne imo

Comment

Fucking hell finally win a few quid at the pokers and I put it in a brown envelope to keep it safe. I then decide to get some pizza from the place Lazare recommended..guy asks for money and it's not there Stuck delivering pizzas for the night

Comment

I just heard on the news Ryan Giggs' wife lost an envelope...
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Did you hear about the chicken that crossed the road?

SPOILER
                                                      He found an envelope

Comment

the finding money got me thinking,

all the people saying hand it in, do you think you would do the same no matter how much you found?

When black Friday broke, that night a friend asked me had I an account with a certain site and would I receive a few money transfers from US players. I never used the account so just said fire away. Within two hours there was four transfers totaling $42k in the account. I start thinking what if I just keep this, then nah not for $40k, hmm so at what stage do I change the password and try just keep the money. I settled on $200k.

I probably wouldn't of no matter, and as it turned out, would of had zero chance of getting it out anyway, but I think it's a natural enough thought process I went through.

I'd imagine I'd be similar finding money, I think I'd hand in 300 quid easy enough, 3,000 may or may not be a different story.
                                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 17-06-11, 00:53.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                          Just have South Park on in the background and its the episode when Mr Garrisson gets the sex change, fucking hell some of it is
                                                          That ep was graphic with the real insertions. In other news I love when people use the word dessert instead of desert ayo!!

Comment

seems to be a lot of people losing brown envelopes tonight, would be pretty funny a load of randomers arriving at the cop shop all staking their claim to the money, anyways went to the garda station, explained the situation and the garda filled out a report and took my details etc. he reckons it might have been some1 going to the express lodgement thing at the BOI which is just across the road but i dont think so as had coins in it as well and all the money was arranged strangely (looked like less was in it when i opened it, thus me actually going home with it), and would have been in 1 of the express lodgement envelopes for that... said if no1 collects it in the next 90 days i get the loots
                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

all the people saying hand it in, do you think you would do the same no matter how much you found?

When black Friday broke, that night a friend asked me had I an account with a certain site and would I receive a few money transfers from US players. I never used the account so just said fire away. Within two hours there was four transfers totaling $42k in the account. I start thinking what if I just keep this, then nah not for $40k, hmm so at what stage do I change the password and try just keep the money. I settled on $200k.

I probably wouldn't of no matter, and as it turned out, would of had zero chance of getting it out anyway, but I think it's a natural enough thought process I went through.

I'd imagine I'd be similar finding money, I think I'd hand in 300 quid easy enough, 3,000 may or may not be a different story.
                                                              Have you seen "A Simple Plan" ?

Good movie and kinda what we are taliking about.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

$200k in exchange for tarnishing your reputation for the rest of your life? Not too sure if that's a long-term plus EV move for a pro player.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

seems to be a lot of people losing brown envelopes tonight, would be pretty funny a load of randomers arriving at the cop shop all staking their claim to the money, anyways went to the garda station, explained the situation and the garda filled out a report and took my details etc. he reckons it might have been some1 going to the express lodgement thing at the BOI which is just across the road but i dont think so as had coins in it as well and all the money was arranged strangely (looked like less was in it when i opened it, thus me actually going home with it), and would have been in 1 of the express lodgement envelopes for that... said if no1 collects it in the next 90 days i get the loots
                                                                  i thought it was always a year and a day ?

Fair play for handing it up !!

karma is gona blow you !!!!
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Nice description....Rathmines Garda station yeah?
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Me thinks at least 4 IPB'rs all arrive to garda station in next 24 hours looking for lost brown envelope with more than 300 in it (+ change)

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                                        Me thinks at least 4 IPB'rs all arrive to garda station in next 24 hours looking for lost brown envelope with more than 300 in it (+ change)

€300+ + change

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          i thought it was always a year and a day ?

Fair play for handing it up !!

karma is gona blow you !!!!
                                                                          don't know what the procedure is but they said if they hadn't contacted me in that time to come to the station and the money was mine

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                                            make a good guess for what it says on the envelope, if you get that you deserve the money

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                              Have you seen "A Simple Plan" ?

Good movie and kinda what we are taliking about.
                                                                              cheers will check it out

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              $200k in exchange for tarnishing your reputation for the rest of your life? Not too sure if that's a long-term plus EV move for a pro player.
                                                                              Hmm I'm sure you read the rest of what I wrote, context.

I think it's human to consider the option though, and shouldn't the ethics involved be about stealing the money rather then protecting one's rep.

Comment

My Nan found 30large in a brown envelope bout 2 years ago.
                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I think it's human to consider the option though, and shouldn't the ethics involved be about stealing the money rather then protecting one's rep.
                                                                                  It should be, but for most people it's just about the chances and the consequences of getting caught. In this case, what you did would be up on 2+2 and here within hours, and you'd never be welcome in another poker room again. You'd probably really struggle to find a normal job after that too. You'd have to be talking about an amount of money where you could never have to work ever again for it to be even worth considering longer than a few minutes daydreaming. But yes, I see your point.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Don't think I'd have handed in that envelope. Certainly a different story if it's a wallet with ID in it or something. Just an envelope and I'd have had a quick look around and disappeared into the night. My judgement may be clouded by the fact that I'm absolutely skint at the moment though.

On the Emmet's Yugoslav countries.. Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia and Hertsagovania?
                                                                                    Not sure if the last two are just one country though...

Also, on the karma thing.. What if the brown envelope of monies is supposed to be your karmic reward for some good deed you recently did.. Karma's gonna think you're a right ungrateful so and so for passing it up!
                                                                                    Last edited by KK82; 17-06-11, 01:56.

Comment

I'd hand it in no matter how much it was. It might be natural enough to ask yourself the question, but I don't think it's naturaly enough to seriously go through with it or have strong feelings you would go through with it if you got the chance.

Comment

Meh, was playin a $1 3x turbo to the $162 that starts at 2, thought it would end before the tourney so i could inreg and take tourney $'s.. tourney started and i FT the satty hit a 2outer then ship 3times uncalled and get 1 of 7 for 4 tickets... end up shipping the seat and put str8 in the tourney,, 1 time? Didnt want to play it all tho been grinding since 6.

Comment

If healwayscallsmedonkeys wife left him in 90 days and took half of everything she'd have at least 150euro more than she would have if she left him today.

Comment

I'd hand it in no matter how much it was. It might be natural enough to ask yourself the question, but I don't think it's naturaly enough to seriously go through with it or have strong feelings you would go through with it if you got the chance.
                                                                                            The bigger the amount of money in the envelope the more likely it is to belong to some scumbag getting bribed or a drug dealer so you could keep it. Seriously how many normies walk around with 5K + in an envelope for example?
                                                                                            Depends where you find it obv.
                                                                                            Reminds me of 1-2 years ago when the head shps were still open one of the sligo ones got raided, lifted a nice bit of cash + extras, durig the ensuing chase a nice bag o cash got thrown out of the get-away very close to where i live. Would have had no qualms about keeping that cash if i'd stumbled upon it TBH.
                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 17-06-11, 02:51.

Comment

Actually this reminds me of a scare i had after the JP masters this year.
                                                                                              Cashed out E1100 in the sat night omaha game( breakeven for the trip). Sun morning i'm driving out the hotel car park, come to the barrier, put in my ticket, barrier doesnt go up, realise i havent paid for the parking.
                                                                                              So i reverse into the nearest space and pop into the hotel lobby to settle up.Queue 3-4 minutes . The receptionist asks for the dough, hand goes to pocket "sorry, must have left my wallet (containing 1100) in the car.
                                                                                              Pop back out to car, as i'm approaching press the unlock button on my keyring. No click, no flashing lights. Fuck I forgot to lock the car. Open the driver door and first thing I see is an empty black wallet on the passenger seat
                                                                                              Life flashed before my eyes at this point, no money to pay the parking, barely enough diesel in the car to get home, and no dough readily avilable till next paycheck. Turbo fucked. Couldnt see anyone around.
                                                                                              Then i noticed my second wallet* on the dash. With the 1100 in it. Blatantly peeking out so that anyone walking by could see it. Never been so relieved in my life. *(I have 2 similar looking black leather wallets. Bought one when i lost the other then found the one I lost)

Bonus story : For some reason left my wallet on the dash driving home : blocking my view of the fuel gauge Run out of diesel about 25 minutes from home a good 15 minutes walk from anywhere.
                                                                                              Sound lad going the opposite direction sees me hitching, stops and drives back the road so i can pick up some cans of diesel. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                Don't think I'd have handed in that envelope. Certainly a different story if it's a wallet with ID in it or something. Just an envelope and I'd have had a quick look around and disappeared into the night. My judgement may be clouded by the fact that I'm absolutely skint at the moment though.

On the Emmet's Yugoslav countries.. Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia and Hertsagovania?
                                                                                                Not sure if the last two are just one country though...

Also, on the karma thing.. What if the brown envelope of monies is supposed to be your karmic reward for some good deed you recently did.. Karma's gonna think you're a right ungrateful so and so for passing it up!
                                                                                                One country and Slovenia is the other.

Comment

There was a riot in Vancouver after the home team lost a major hockey final. A photographer snapped this. Mild NSFW warning:

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 17-06-11, 03:18.

Comment

There was a riot in Vancouver after the home team lost a major hockey final. A photographer snapped this. Mild NSFW warning:

SPOILER
                                                                                                    There should be a WTF tag for that. Don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                      There should be a WTF tag for that. Don't get it.
                                                                                                      What's there not to get? It's a pretty unlikely thing to see in the middle of a riot.

Comment

Any betting genii here.

Im trying to explain to a housemate how doing accumulators gives the bookie a bigger edge.

Struggling to find the write example/phasing

CAn someone help me out?
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                          Meh, was playin a $1 3x turbo to the $162 that starts at 2, thought it would end before the tourney so i could inreg and take tourney $'s.. tourney started and i FT the satty hit a 2outer then ship 3times uncalled and get 1 of 7 for 4 tickets... end up shipping the seat and put str8 in the tourney,, 1 time? Didnt want to play it all tho been grinding since 6.
                                                                                                          + still in at 3rd break, 31 of 48. 45 for the money.

Comment

I last posted here to try get you to vote for my girlfriends Oxegen t-shirt design. Tonight, she absolutely blew me away when she showed me a portrait she drew after I went to work.

She posted up a video of the various stages on her site too: http://melissamalone.net/2011/06/nat...rogress-video/

I struggle drawing smiley faces! :O

Comment

Wow. She's very talented.

Comment

Been listening to these guys non stop the last few weeks
                                                                                                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

All because of revisiting this epicness in Sopranos Series 1
                                                                                                                Uncle Junior ordered two black guys to kill Tony. Season 1 episode 12 (Isabella).Song: Tindersticks - Tiny Tears. ;)

Such an amzing scene, one of thos ones that makes a great song sound better than it already is

Been turned onto more good music by the Sopranos than anything else in my life!
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 17-06-11, 04:58.

Comment

Decided Im gonna go play live in the crown tonight. 1/2 Turbo. Gonna bring 4 Bullets too.

Last time I was there the standard was pitiful.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Latest speculation is that they weren't just lying there getting it on and that the girl was acutally hurt

Last edited by Mellor; 17-06-11, 06:47.

Comment

^^^^ Absolutely zero chance Mellor!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Went to a table quiz tonight. We were top with 2 rounds left, prize of £265 with only 8 teams as it was a rollover jackpot.

Name the 6 countries that used to be Yugoslavia.
                                                                                                                        I'd have pointed out to the quiz people that theres actually 7 countries, and insisted that only my team get the points.
                                                                                                                        I'm guessing that the question setter took a look down the World Cup qualifying groups and took his 6 from there, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bosnia, Croatia. And because they don't have a football team yet he left out
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Kosovo, a country recognised by the EU since 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                                                                                                          I last posted here to try get you to vote for my girlfriends Oxegen t-shirt design. Tonight, she absolutely blew me away when she showed me a portrait she drew after I went to work.

She posted up a video of the various stages on her site too: http://melissamalone.net/2011/06/nat...rogress-video/

I struggle drawing smiley faces! :O
                                                                                                                          Thinly veiled hot girlfriend brag IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X