This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Nice to see the BBV got informed before you ring the guards.
    posting from his phone on the way there obv...

NVM.
    http://mobro.co/zuroph
    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
      posting from his phone on the way there obv...

NVM.
      came home to get mty phone barred, then off to garda station where they'll take my details, and do nothing. then maybe to the hospital to take a look at the lump on my head.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
        came home to get mty phone barred, then off to garda station where they'll take my details, and do nothing. then maybe to the hospital to take a look at the lump on my head.
        Shit.
        Maybe you should have lay on the ground and got an ambulance, Cops would take it a bit more seriously and you get looked at quicker in hospital.
        Ah well, next time
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
          I wonder would there be interest in a IPB paintball outing?
          I'd prefer go-karting tbh.

Sorry to hear what happened Zod, at least you're alright. Wankers.

Comment

Ah Dublin. Such a kip.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              One kinda contradicts the other, every time there ss a non sequiter you just know its designed just to make you go 'Ah yes,of course so thats why...' in a few episodes time.
              Really what tropes other than the fairly obvious one from last night have been broken?
              SPOILER
              The whole thing is summed up by Ned's chat with Varys in his cell. In what other story does a guy like Varys turn out to be a good guy? This is the Master of Whisperers, a scheming manipulator always working from the shadows. Would you have been surprised if it turned out he'd engineered the whole thing from start to finish? Probably not.

But the way this story plays out, Varys turns out to be a better man than the right honorable Ned Stark. He's willing to get his hands dirty in order to do what must be done. In terms of the greater good, in the actual running of a real kingdom, that makes him worth more than a thousand Ned Starks. If that's not the breaking of a trope, I don't know what is.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                I'd prefer go-karting tbh.

Sorry to hear what happened Zod, at least you're alright. Wankers.
                What about a weekend away out of the country next year, now that would be mad!!!
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                  What about a weekend away out of the country next year, now that would be mad!!!
                  Trip to Nottingham to invade DTD? It's convenient for me!
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

forgot to mention, they also took a bill and my expired passport, as i was on my way to open an account with the credit union.

they took some money from my wallet but no cards and dropped my pallet on the ground.

fun times ahead.

Comment

forgot to mention, they also took a bill and my expired passport, as i was on my way to open an account with the credit union.

they took some money from my wallet but no cards and dropped my pallet on the ground.

fun times ahead.
                      Sorry to hear about that Zod.

Makes me sick to my stomach as it happened me St Stephens day last year, two lads hopped out of a car, just older than me and mugged me too. Took a new Haro BMX off me at the time, managed to clock one of them across the Jaw but the other fella was way too big for me to even go for.

Hope you get everything sorted and the bastards are caught.

Comment

fun times ahead.
                        Hope your ok, make sure you get that head looked at.

You said there was 3 of them... in fairview... looks like your bossing midfield performance could have got you into trouble..

Originally posted by The Hurricane
                        You were at the soccer?
                        Originally posted by Trippie
                        Yeah he was bossing the midfield apparently
                        Originally posted by aodea
                        Who was bossing the midfield?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9imRvkFW4[/ame]
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

fairview. gigantic lump on forehead. so fucking pissed right now. took the first guy down with me, the second and third laid in and that was me done.
                            Where in Fairview?

Comment

fun times ahead.
                              `

sorry but couldnt resist this!

why didnt you hit them really hard with the "Pallet"
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                This is an interesting point. I have had cause over the past few weeks to contemplate the sociology of gender for the first time in a while. One thing which struck me as I have been listening to an audio book of The Grapes of Wrath was the emasculation that the men suffered in the Great Depression when they lost their farms and went West en masse scrounging for work, being pushed around by employers and police.

I have been thinking about how changing economic circumstances affects hegemonic masculinity (the dominant socially constructed view of what masculinity is at a particular time).

The alpha male aggressive view of masculinity in relation to economic issues conjures up images for me of ruthless Gordon Gekko in his red braces, fast living testosterone fuelled "City" workers in London during the 80s boom, and master of the universe types gambling billions on sub prime mortgage junk bonds in the 90s/2000s.

Now we have all come to view (for the moment) the excesses of that last situation as being undesirable. And what we view as undesirable is very masculine. How many people ever picture a female when they think or talk about these people who bankrupted us all?

Implicit in our invective against them with terms such as power and greed is some concept of a powerful force which was not restrained and properly regulated, and it is a masculine power.

The current backlash seems to me to entail something of a feminising of masculinity and what is desirable as traits to prevent future excesses and errors in the economic realm. We can expect quite a lot of gheyness over the next few of years culturally imo.

So Gilligan-Black may be right about Raoul and his financial industry buddies.

This all dovetails potentially interestingly with Hitchhikers recent research findings relating to the greater risk-aversion of firms with women on their boards of directors.

I'll have to look if I can find any work examining the historical relationship between economic prosperity and cultural shifts in concepts of masculinity, but the latter is hard to measure and occurs over longer time periods than recessions (maybe not this one though).

I just wish that 99% of all sociology texts weren't so utterly meh.

Cliffs: Confirmed - Raoul has caught the ghey.
                                Thinking about this too in relation to Tiger, Giggs, Weiner and the press coverage.
                                It is gaining acceptance that these guys have a problem, that they are sick and weak, and need to go into treatment for ‘sex addiction’.

WTF!

The problem is not that they are young men and want to fuck as many pretty young females as they can, the problem is that they are married. Loads of other single guys in their positions are doing the same thing and they don’t make the news or 'need treatment'. In fact they are admired and revered by men and women openly or otherwise.

If it wasn’t normal for young men (and women) to want to get giggy I wouldn’t be writing this and you wouldn’t be reading it.

Another example of male emasculation IMO.

TLDR: Monogamy not normal. Sex addiction normal.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Looks like my view on the big smoke was spot on.

Comment

It's probably because I watched S1 of the wire in 2 days. This waiting weekly might be getting to me
                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

OK, a proposal for now. Until we can dedicate more time to looking at the hosting thing, as a test, what I propose to try and improve site performance is to test the theory that it is this big beast of a thread that is causing the problem, and start a new bbv. this one would still be stickied and available, and if that was proven not to be the cause at all, we would merge it back, or if we move to a new hosting facility, we would also merge it back.

Hopefully this won't be particularly controversial, but at least in the short term is worth a trial I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        OK, a proposal for now. Until we can dedicate more time to looking at the hosting thing, as a test, what I propose to try and improve site performance is to test the theory that it is this big beast of a thread that is causing the problem, and start a new bbv. this one would still be stickied and available, and if that was proven not to be the cause at all, we would merge it back, or if we move to a new hosting facility, we would also merge it back.

Hopefully this won't be particularly controversial, but at least in the short term is worth a trial I reckon.
                                        Do you remember what happed in 'the other place'

Ill support this if i can have the finkel back

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                          Do you remember what happed in 'the other place'

Ill support this if i can have the finkel back
                                          If we get rid of you totally as part of the proposal we'd probably have full support for it.

Comment

If we get rid of you totally as part of the proposal we'd probably have full support for it.
                                            Im an IPB icon.

Comment

mugged again, puncghed and kicked in the face. on phone to vodafone to get my phone cancelled, then off to garda station.
                                              I didn't fukkin kick you that hard

Comment

Guy tried to mug me once

I got 2 wallets and his watch before he got away

(This may or may not be true)

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                  Hope your ok, make sure you get that head looked at.

You said there was 3 of them... in fairview... looks like your bossing midfield performance could have got you into trouble..
                                                  inter fans obv.

Comment

fun times ahead.
                                                    Where about in Fairview? Near Marino Mart? Cunts are probably still around, how old where they?

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                      Where about in Fairview? Near Marino Mart? Cunts are probably still around, how old where they?
                                                      in the park. late 20's early 30's junkies.

Comment

Does Rigger still play poker.

Just remember him having a few good scores years ago, most ipbers probably dont remember him playing at all

Comment

Henrix once asked what's it like to be the greatest guitarist in the world.

Ask Rory Gallagher said jemi

16 yrs dead today, the greatest Corkman imo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1zsRRt1FWE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1zsRRt1FWE&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                            Sorry to hear about that Zod.

Makes me sick to my stomach as it happened me St Stephens day last year, two lads hopped out of a car, just older than me and mugged me too. Took a new Haro BMX off me at the time, managed to clock one of them across the Jaw but the other fella was way too big for me to even go for.

Hope you get everything sorted and the bastards are caught.
                                                            where were you on Saturday ???????????????????????
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

fairview. gigantic lump on forehead. so fucking pissed right now. took the first guy down with me, the second and third laid in and that was me done.
                                                              Sorry to hear that man thats absolutely poxy at least that was it and nothing too serious, vigilantly rampage against junkies now?

Congrats on moving to civilisation.

Now, are you living

a) Northside
                                                              b) between the canals
                                                              c) southside.

Options a and B are acceptable.
                                                              Southside FTW (too soon?)

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                              Does Rigger still play poker.

Just remember him having a few good scores years ago, most ipbers probably dont remember him playing at all
                                                              He was spotted a few weeks back playing live.
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

where were you on Saturday ???????????????????????
                                                                Was actually planning on coming up.

Then I contemplated that I may in fact be stabbed.

Then I was banned for the week, and didnt know what was going on so I said fuck it.

Comment

RasTa are you flying or boating it over to Glasto ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Sorry to hear that man thats absolutely poxy at least that was it and nothing too serious, vigilantly rampage against junkies now?

Southside FTW (too soon?)
                                                                    Northside born, northside bred, when I die I'll be northside dead.

Little snippets coming back to me about it.

Guy kneeling on my head is holding his hand to my throat saying "I have a knife, I have a knife" when obviously he didn't have a knife. Had a brief moment where I was going to argue the point with him, but then thought I didn't want him to take out something worse from his pocket.

I remember elbowing the first guy in the face as I turned, then we were grappling to the ground, and the other two piling on, then feeling actually upset that the other two came along, as I thought even given my pathetic frame I had the upper hand on the first guy.

fuck it, what can you do. the fuickers were too stupid to take my cards (lol, not that they'd get much) but I am worried about them having my address on the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                      RasTa are you flying or boating it over to Glasto ?

Opr
                                                                      Boat, you?

Also Rory isn't a Corkman, nothing good came from there.

Comment

Boat, you?

Flying, was just wondering when you were asking about the trolley earlier. I am hoping we can get a taxi from the airport to I think a nearby B&Q/Tesco and get trolley plus drink and then on to the site. I think once you get to the site it may be lots of effort to back out and in again.

Opr

Comment

looking to buy a new camera in the 100 to 200 range, anyone got any recommendations?

Comment

Boat, you?

had this out before 100s of times and concede he be a Corkboy , I'm a Drimnagh man
                                                                            despite being born in Crumlin and woe betide anyone who sez different.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                              Flying, was just wondering when you were asking about the trolley earlier. I am hoping we can get a taxi from the airport to I think a nearby B&Q/Tesco and get trolley plus drink and then on to the site. I think once you get to the site it may be lots of effort to back out and in again.

Opr
                                                                              You'll get a taxi from the airport no problem, I'd ring one in advance to try and book. Might save some €€€. I flew into Birmingham last time and got the train down.

We will be there by 3-4am Wednesday morning. Leaving from Rosslare, my double mattress arrived today

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                looking to buy a new camera in the 100 to 200 range, anyone got any recommendations?
                                                                                Expert news, reviews and videos of the latest digital cameras, lenses, accessories, and phones. Get answers to your questions in our photography forums.
                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

mugged again, puncghed and kicked in the face. on phone to vodafone to get my phone cancelled, then off to garda station.

Good enough for a slow roller imo
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

anyway, enough about me.

Let me tell you a story about a former work colleague of mine.

He has 3 children, the middle one was born with Downs Syndrome. the little guy is a great kid. Obviously he has his challenges ahead of him, but his parents never let it get him or them down and have done a wonderful job raising him.

He turned 6 years old recently, and they decided to enroll him in an educate together school where his older sister attends.

Now, if you have a special needs child who is able to attend a mainstream school, the school has to apply for a Special Needs Assistant. The government supplies the funding for this.

Here's where the story gets interesting.

After they attempted to enrol the child, the principal and the chairperson said that they would be unlikely to get funding for an SNA, that the child wasn't ready for mainstream schooling, and that the paperwork wasn't formulated properly.

the child has to be enrolled first before the school can apply for an SNA.

they got 3 letters from their psychologist to state, on 3 different occasions, that their son was more than capable of attending a mainstream school, and they filled in the paperwork to the letter as requested by the school.

finally, after weeks of argument, the4y were told that their child would not be allowed to attend the school.

Let's look at the remit of Educate Together

In an Educate Together school children are equally respected, regardless of social, cultural or religious background. They are encouraged to be active learning participants in the classroom and to contribute to school policies. This approach gives an excellent, rounded education, in an environment children will enjoy. It also nurtures their self-confidence to be active citizens in their communities.
                                                                                    and for shits and giggles, lets have a look at the EPSEN act:

The EPSEN Act 2004 provides for the provision of education plans for students with special educational needs (SEN). Under the Act, children with SEN will be educated “in an inclusive environment with children who do not have SEN”, unless this should be inconsistent either with the best interest of the child, or with the effective provision for the other children.
                                                                                    So, we have a child who is capable of being educated in mainstream education (albeit with the assistance of a Special Needs Carer) who is being refused education by a mainstream school, and not just a mainstream school, but one who's very existence pledges to integrated education.

this country is fucked at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      Good enough for a slow roller imo
                                                                                      I will literally snatch you, son.

Comment

Yeah, go for it, lock the current one and start the new one at this exact time (sundown) next Tuesday to mark the solstice.
                                                                                        Then rinse and repeat every December and June.
                                                                                        Would probably bring us all good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          Ireland U20s (+18) vs South Africa not a bad bet.

+20 on betfred...

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-uni...u20s/handicaps
                                                                                          shippity ship.

All £3.54 of it

Comment

[NSFW="Red Dress Girl"][/NSFW]
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

anyway, enough about me.

He has 3 children, the middle one was born with Downs Syndrome. the little guy is a great kid. Obviously he has his challenges ahead of him, but his parents never let it get him or them down and have done a wonderful job raising him.

He turned 6 years old recently, and they decided to enroll him in an educate together school where his older sister attends.

Now, if you have a special needs child who is able to attend a mainstream school, the school has to apply for a Special Needs Assistant. The government supplies the funding for this.

After they attempted to enrol the child, the principal and the chairperson said that they would be unlikely to get funding for an SNA, that the child wasn't ready for mainstream schooling, and that the paperwork wasn't formulated properly.

they got 3 letters from their psychologist to state, on 3 different occasions, that their son was more than capable of attending a mainstream school, and they filled in the paperwork to the letter as requested by the school.

finally, after weeks of argument, the4y were told that their child would not be allowed to attend the school.

So, we have a child who is capable of being educated in mainstream education (albeit with the assistance of a Special Needs Carer) who is being refused education by a mainstream school, and not just a mainstream school, but one who's very existence pledges to integrated education.

Thats a lot fukked up and a bit disgusting tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                [NSFW="Red Dress Girl"][/NSFW]
                                                                                                meh, too much make up and too big a forehead.

Porn on TV3 now btw.

Comment

Fivehead
                                                                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 14-06-11, 21:49.

Comment

Pretty graphic testing of mickey enhancing products on now.

My wife's enjoying the show, I just want to play guitar

Comment

Keane with his HDTV, super speakers and surround sound doobie blaster whatsits will be enjoying the porn more than the rest of us.

Comment

worst porn ever!

Comment

Dude talking about his genital warts just mentioned his 'jap's eye' quite casually, lol.

Comment

Tune, can't find the original but this will do

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHeJWvKBx-g[/ame]

Comment

Anyone up for a home game on stars?

Comment

Letterkenny ftw!

Porn on TV3 now btw.
                                                                                                                I flicked on that when i said it on Facebook. All i saw was gential warts and shit in full high definition! You sick fucker Lazare!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  Letterkenny ftw!

Ticks the out of the country box anyway

Comment

for ZOD

nerd girl
                                                                                                                    SPOILER

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Im not even convinced that last one in the motivational poster IS a girl...
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        Though it's impossible to measure, I'd wager that people these days don't enjoy music one bit more than people did 30 years ago when listening to a crackly vinyl.

how could they, the music was better then

Comment

anyway, enough about me.

There is no school that can facilitate a child with special needs without the support of the state, the educate together schools are a breath of fresh air but even they can't pull money out of nowhere.

I've met with some of the people involved in opening one of these secondary schools in Waterford and as all public schools are they are at the mercy of their funding.
                                                                                                                          A child who needs extra care is going to require extra attention that requires more money.
                                                                                                                          The school is certainly not to blame(at an educated guess).

For the record I have both my boys applied for the educate together secondary school yet to be built in Waterford.

I'm pretty involved in my lads school with fundraising and whatnot at the moment and they're surviving on scraps, without the extra work and fundraising efforts of the parents there'd be no hope of a school with 95 kids surviving.

Long story short, it's the government that shoulders the blame here imo, schools just can't afford anything but the very basics at the moment.

It's shite on the kids that need the extra care but that just seems to be the way of things.

Look into how the educate together schools came about and are run, you might just change your opinion.
                                                                                                                          It's grossly unfar and very naieve to be blaming the people who run these schools for that poor kids exclusion.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by dannydiamond; 14-06-11, 23:41.
                                                                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X