This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Why Navan? I'm fairly sure Louth were first out of the hat in an open draw.
    Just seen that Navan isn't actually confirmed yet - maybe it'll be Parnell park I dont know. Drogheda has fairly limited capacity and considering the crowd this will draw it would be dangerous to hold the game there imo

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      Nowhere near as gay as paying attention to 'milestone' numbers of postcounts on Internet discussion forums imo.
      I agree, don't get the whole 'milestone posts' nonsense.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        I love it, ya get loads of thanks lol

How is your head you bold pup
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          Just seen that Navan isn't actually confirmed yet - maybe it'll be Parnell park I dont know. Drogheda has fairly limited capacity and considering the crowd this will draw it would be dangerous to hold the game there imo
          I don't think thats fair - like if they have an X thousand capacity ground then make it an all-ticket game and sell exactly X thousand tickets.
          Game will be televised for everyone else.

Otherwise you are basically just telling every county they can't host a decent first round qualifier tie unless they build a 25,000 stadium - and you end up with the Connacht situation where are far too many decrepid 25,000 grounds.

Kinda hope Louth County Board stand firm on this one, maybe Meath CB should announce 'we want to play in Drogheda'.

Edit : I may be way wrong here, for all I know the Drogheda ground may be 2000 capacity hovel which should never host anything.
          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-06-11, 17:49.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            I don't think thats fair - like if they have an X thousand capacity ground then make it an all-ticket game and sell exactly X thousand tickets.
            Game will be televised for everyone else.

Otherwise you are basically just telling every county they can't host a decent first round qualifier tie unless they build a 25,000 stadium - and you end up with the Connacht situation where are far too many decrepid 25,000 grounds.

Kinda hope Louth County Board stand firm on this one, maybe Meath CB should announce 'we want to play in Drogheda'.

Edit : I may be way wrong here, for all I know the Drogheda ground may be 2000 capacity hovel which should never host anything.
            I agree that its unfair but Iv played there before and you need to walk out onto the pitch to get up to the stand. Now this maybe ok for a minor game but it really isnt good for a senior inter county match - especially one that is already set to explode.

Drogheda only has a capacity of 5k I think. (I think there was 30k at the last qualifiers match between Meath and Louth in 2002 so the interest will be there.) Whatever happens Louth should get all the revenue from the game it should just be moved to a different stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              I agree that its unfair but Iv played there before and you need to walk out onto the pitch to get up to the stand. Now this maybe ok for a minor game but it really isnt good for a senior inter county match - especially one that is already set to explode.

Drogheda only has a capacity of 5k I think. (I think there was 30k at the last qualifiers match between Meath and Louth in 2002 so the interest will be there.) Whatever happens Louth should get all the revenue from the game it should just be moved to a different stadium
              game wont be in drogh - only holds 8k i think

Will be in parnell park more than likely

With populations of just over 100k each, and with such support it would be crazy to have it anywhere else. Everyone will want to be at this game and see it, and having it in drogh would prevent this from happening
              GAA News Website

Comment

Waterford got the BIG HEART

Comment

day two done, and I finally feel, for the first time in the few years i've been studying it, that I've experienced hypnosis first hand lots of variants of what I already know, which is very interesting to learn alternative techniques to reach same end goal. but jesus Im exhausted, way too late last night.
                  I'm already much more confident now in my ability to hypnotise anyone, and looking foward to getting into the nitty gritty of the week now. some very strange folk in the group, fun to hear the tutor throw sly digs at "angel healing" and other quackery into the lecture, when 3 of the women there declared themselves as angel healers on day one.
                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Really looking forward to the U21 game about to start between Spain - England. Some talent on show in both sides.

Edit - Good stream - http://boxingguru.yolasite.com/

Opr

Comment

TR from the match for anyone who cares

Just back home. Waterford really do have the BIG HEART. Yet again a close game ends in a win for the Deise. We really should have been a good bit further ahead at half time, scored at least 1 but probably 2 more goals, and also could have done a lot better against Limerick's first half goal. Limerick came out all guns blazing in the second half and scored 1-3 before we even knew what was happening. Great credit to the team and management though, there was no panic and we got back into it. Davy did make some astute switches although perhaps waited too long to move out Wayne Hutchinson who was having the proverbial 'mare in the second half. There is a lot of room for improvement, but it has to be remembered also that it was a crappy day for hurling also. Also big big credit to Limerick on a fine performance and it is great to see them right back in the thick of things and I wish them all the best in the qualifiers, hopefully we might meet again for another thriller.

From a Waterford point of view however some player notes
                      Hennessey - Couldnt really be faulted for any of the goals I felt and was solid otherwise when needed
                      Fives - Solid enough, can be happy with how he did
                      Hutchinson - Absolute nightmare second half. Our age old problem in full back rears its ugly head again
                      Connors - Thought he was great. Cleared some great ball toward the end and broke out with the ball a lot
                      Browne - Great first half, not as dominant in the second however
                      Brick - Fantastic performance. my MOTM. Such an absolute natural under pressure
                      Moran - Started well in the first few mins, but felt he had a poor game overall
                      D O Sullivan - A solid effort, like Browne however didnt have as good a second half as first
                      S O Sullivan - A poor day for Shane, wasted an amount of ball. He can do a lot better than that
                      Mahoney - Good game, solid on the frees in tricky condidtions, could have done better with the penalty. But 3 fine points from play as well.
                      Molumphy - Did very well, his bustling style and similar to Connors broke out with a lot of ball
                      Shanahan - Despite scoring 2 points I thought he was poor. Very slow to react to breaking ball and seemed clumsy a lot of the time. However one of his points in particular was excellent
                      Mullane - Was marshalled well byh Limerick. But 2 cracking goals. Epitomises the BIG HEART
                      Walsh - Solid, got his goal and point, was surprised to see him further out the field in the last 10 mins though
                      B O Sullivan - Of the 5 debutants he was the one who shone the most, used his speed well. Very impressive and scored well also

subs
                      Nagle - Did well when he came on, will be happy with his performance
                      S Prendergast - Poor, despite his height was cleaned out for a lot of dropping ball
                      Kelly - Followed the instruction for the free cant be blamed for that. Was delighted to see him run the length of the field to defend and break up a Limerick attack. Good to see that attitude.

Comment

Nonsense? It's a rock solid excuse to post 5 pics of hot wimmins. Oh sure sometimes someone gheys it up with a fcking life story that goes on for 10 paragraphs that everybody thanks but stopped reading after 2 paragraphs. But wimmins. of the hot variety. All about the wimmins.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                          Really looking forward to the U21 game about to start between Spain - England. Some talent on show in both sides.

Opr
                          Yeh that game should really be a cracker Opr

Opr
                          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr

On Herrera anytime at 9/2

Comment

I punted pretty hard on nearly all the GAA matches this weekend - stayed away from Westmeath and Wexford but apart from that was stuck in deep in most

Just checked betfair balance and my profit/loss for the weekend is -28 cents

In Summary

FUCK YOU Louth

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                  Wp

Comment

N1, not even a sweat.
                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

He was 12s for 1st Massive price for CF

Comment

Kyle Walker looks like a lively one on the wing, is he with Spurs?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                          Kyle Walker looks like a lively one on the wing, is he with Spurs?
                                          Yeah, He was on loan at Villa this season and they were keen to get him but Arry was having none of it.

Comment

my milestone post is going to be a maxibmum limit stream of conciousness rant about Irish grannies in nightclubs.
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Henderson proving he's worth all those millions Liverpool splashed out on him
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Playing a world cup winner, firmly established in a CL team, in an U21 tournament is so counter productive and pointless imo, there should be rules about a maximum number of senior caps you can have to be allowed play in these tournaments.
                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  Looks about the same value as Jones, but hey lets judge them on 45mins from the comfort of our couches.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                    game wont be in drogh - only holds 8k i think

Will be in parnell park more than likely

With populations of just over 100k each, and with such support it would be crazy to have it anywhere else. Everyone will want to be at this game and see it, and having it in drogh would prevent this from happening
                                                    Doesn't Parnell have a roughly 8000k capacity? I really should know that as I live, or at least used to live, roughly a 1 minute walk away from there.

Got pretty close to being attacked pretty badly tonight. I knocked over some meat on a roadside BBQ and some guy built like a tank took offence, ripped my t-shirt to shreds but I bribed him away. I know I sound about 7 when I say this but had that t-shirt for 6 years and pretty pissed about it.

Spent last hour in bar(it's 2:37am here right now), with this t-shirt hanging off me waiting for me waiting for rain to clear for Canadian gp as American girl I was chatting up deserted me. Fml.
                                                    Last edited by cooker3; 12-06-11, 19:41.

Comment

Can't do much when Smalling and Jones are by passing him by hoofing it 60 yards up the pitch.

Comment

the surprise party that the wife had lined up for me lastnight turned out to be a woefull session. was nearly raped by 2 mad boozed up women in the middle of the pub. the amt of drink that people bought for me was cronic, but never the less i didn't shy away from my duty of jamming as much alcohol as possible into myself. cannot remember coming home but think it was about 3:30ish.

going for a cure now shortly

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Looks about the same value as Jones, but hey lets judge them on 45mins from the comfort of our couches.
                                                          2 bad signings don't make a right as the old saying goes.

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                          Can't do much when Smalling and Jones are by passing him by hoofing it 60 yards up the pitch.
                                                          Your right, he'll look far more at home playing the tiki taka stuff Liverpool play when the prem starts up again.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Bad signing based on 45 mins lol go away and lie down.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                              I love it, ya get loads of thanks lol

How is your head you bold pup
                                                              The head's not too bad now, was in bits earlier though, how's your noggin?

Nice relaxing movie day, just watched The King's speech and about to stick on True grit.

Oh, did you get your charger back btw? I think I remember Danny saying he grabbed it

Comment

2 bad signings don't make a right as the old saying goes.

Your right, he'll look far more at home playing the tiki taka stuff Liverpool play when the prem starts up again.
                                                                You're not very good at this.

He's dropped deep to pick up the ball, turns no movement and no ball on. Turns back to his CB and looks for another angle, it's either rinse and repeat or the ball goes over his head. He's also made a few tackles in midfield.

His short passing has been good but the few 40/50 yard balls he's tried have been poor.

I don't know what you expect.

Comment

The head's not too bad now, was in bits earlier though, how's your noggin?

Nice relaxing movie day, just watched The King's speech and about to stick on True grit.

Oh, did you get your charger back btw? I think I remember Danny saying he grabbed it
                                                                  wtf is a noggin hahahahah

jayus i forgot about the charger, no i never got it

im on the wine now just ate a pizza, feel like throwing up now lol

also my leg is swollen, the calf, is that something to do with too much alcohol i wonder?
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                    wtf is a noggin hahahahah

jayus i forgot about the charger, no i never got it

im on the wine now just ate a pizza, feel like throwing up now lol

also my leg is swollen, the calf, is that something to do with too much alcohol i wonder?
                                                                    I think Danny has the charger, if not I'll give you my one.

Comment

anyone got ideas on how to put a film on your iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                        anyone got ideas on how to put a film on your iPhone?
                                                                        app - cinexplayer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAI2V5q-4Bs[/ame]

Comment

I think Danny has the charger, if not I'll give you my one.
                                                                          He does have it so its grand
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Its nearly embarassing how much better Spain are than England here

Comment

Only for Smalling this would be long over.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                It is, they can't get a kick. Have to love some of the Sky commentary.

''They're not used to playing football like this.''
                                                                                ''He's used his premiership pace.''

Comment

Only for Smalling this would be long over.
                                                                                  Smallings had a very good game, about the only player England have who look like he'd even make Spains bench on the basis of this game. The technique difference between the sides will continue for eternity unless England changes it's approach to youth football, and ideally we'd do likewise.

Also yeah 'premiership pace' was a particularly heroic Sky moment, even by their own high standards.
                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Spain much better alright but to be fair the likes of Wilshere missing is a big loss, think Carroll still qualifies aswell.

Not sure if Spain are in the same boat though. Plenty of possesion but not alot of end product from Spain really.

Boom 1-1.

Really liking the look of Walker.
                                                                                    Last edited by dannydiamond; 12-06-11, 20:33.

Comment

Forgot bout the hurling, only turned on now. Never expected this game to be close!! One time Limerick
                                                                                      I'm spot on today

Comment

Smalling and Walker the only two that had anyway decent games for England.

England u21s, sponsored by Polyfilla. Papering over the cracks since 66.
                                                                                        Opr

Comment

I'd forgotten about Walker, he showed flashes of ability also alright. MOTM was Martinez I'd say, and I continue to be baffled by how he seems to fly under the transfer speculation radar at Bilbao, I was convinced he'd leave last season and there isn't really even any links this season. However the worth of playing another world cup winner in this tournament again is questionable, at least they didn't get their wish of bringing Busquets which truly would have been pointless.

The technique gap in class is incredible though, it baffles me that a country as football mad and capable as England continues to not address that massive massive issue. They really need only copy the German blueprint and that would go a long long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                            I'd forgotten about Walker, he showed flashes of ability also alright. MOTM was Martinez I'd say, and I continue to be baffled by how he seems to fly under the transfer speculation radar at Bilbao, I was convinced he'd leave last season and there isn't really even any links this season. However the worth of playing another world cup winner in this tournament again is questionable, at least they didn't get their wish of bringing Busquets which truly would have been pointless.

The technique gap in class is incredible though, it baffles me that a country as football mad and capable as England continues to not address that massive massive issue. They really need only copy the German blueprint and that would go a long long way.
                                                                                            Too lazy to find it, but the numbers of B license or better qualified coaches working in England relative to Spain and Germany is utterly absurd.
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

My rugby posts are usually just trolling for lols, but I think I've found a decent priced punt on the qualifying for 1/4 finals market.

Group D is the trappiest of the groups with SouthAfrica, Wales, Fiji, Samoa and Namibia (not a pushover as we nearly found out to our cost last time).
                                                                                              Boyles have priced getting out of the group as 1/100 South Africa and 1/8 Wales and I think the latter price overestimates Wales.

Samoa have a great looking squad, can call on players from
                                                                                              Clermont, Wasps, LondonIrish, Sale, Harlequins, Perpignan etc. Definitely no wide-eyed newbs on their first trip from the fishing villages. Getting the squad together for a decent amount of time (a rarity for Samoa) will help their prospects. NewZealand will be a home advantage of sorts.

I think they can give Wales a decent run for second place, (wouldn't necessarily discount Fiji either). Wales tendancy to make a mess of World Cups can only help. A negative is their schedule, first game against Namibia on a Wednesday, second game against Wales the following Sunday.

7/2 Samoa to qualify would prob be a fair price, Boyles go 7/1.

Would be interested in how Emmet and t'other rugby experts would price it up.

Comment

Banned TV commercial......Bollocks

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDgrnP-f8VY&feature=share[/ame]
                                                                                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post

Yeah thought Martinez and Mata were the two best players on the pitch. Ander Herrera looks cracking value at £7.5m.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                    Really? Feck. Without wanting to ask too obvious a question, but guessing it's sectarianism against Catholics? Would literally just be driving to the uni and back to Letterkenny, so presume would bypass most of the dodgyness? Don't really want to go near the North tbh, but not really ideal to be working in England.
                                                                                                    Okay, so half-positive - just drive quickly through the dodgy areas Nah, we'd be living in Donegal due to partner's visa that would more-or-less be restricted to Ireland unless we paid £975 for a UK visa. Going to be a bollix to learn how to drive at 33 though, was sure would never have to learn.
                                                                                                    When i moved up here, i was a nervy about going into the north because of my accent etc but i've never had a problem. We do a lot of shopping and have been in a lot of restaurants/pubs up here and so far it's all been fine. I don't tend to wear any colours that might draw attention and keep myself to myself.

Some of the places can be really intimidating tho. Driving home today, there was a detour so we had to go through Armagh and one of the parts was painted head to toe in blue, white and red with Union Jacks hanging from every lamppost and pictures of the queen up and all that jazz. I wouldn't be going having a pint in one of those boozers now, but if the area is semi netral and not overrun by colours, you should be ok

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      When i moved up here, i was a nervy about going into the north because of my accent etc but i've never had a problem. We do a lot of shopping and have been in a lot of restaurants/pubs up here and so far it's all been fine. I don't tend to wear any colours that might draw attention and keep myself to myself.

Some of the places can be really intimidating tho. Driving home today, there was a detour so we had to go through Armagh and one of the parts was painted head to toe in blue, white and red with Union Jacks hanging from every lamppost and pictures of the queen up and all that jazz. I wouldn't be going having a pint in one of those boozers now, but if the area is semi netral and not overrun by colours, you should be ok
                                                                                                      sent to belfast to work for a week once, my boss books the hotel.

FML

To make matters worse, one night we go for a quiet drink up the road and he, a cork lad living in dub, starts shouting "what about ye.." in the pub. pretended we didnt know him.
                                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

@Hitch..

We went through Armagh doing a detour back today so it isn't something you will have to worry about as it is no way near Coleraine.

You are safe enough going about as Tony said. Just don't go wearing the wrong football colours! But as you said it is for work so you wont.

Letterkenny to Coleraine you can do on the coach to Derry and a short train journey out to the Uni in Coleraine. You would be best finding a cheap car and having a few lessons to get about though.

You should come up here to see the area and we can show you and the missus about and see what you think. You will love the shopping as you have the prices like you do in Preston but have the living in the Republic! The price of house rentals are far cheaper as well. You can rent a 3 bedroom semi for 500 a month.

Comment

Pics from yesterday's game are now live on Facebook and Photobucket over HERE
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

i can't wait to hear Hitch's crazy stories about run in's with UDA drugs barons at christenings and being ran out of Ballymena strip clubs with not even his dignity to his name.
                                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cheers! Had a look up the bus and train after you mentioned it yesterday and seems handy enough from Letterkenny. Highly highly unlikely that i'd be wearing any football colours at any point in my life . From looking at the IPB photos, my next clothing investment will be in a better iron!
                                                                                                                You will be married soon, the wife will come with an iron...
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I somehow had no idea IPB had a Facebook page, apparently it's been active for nearly a year, how did I miss that?

Comment

I lol'd when I came across this one:

Comment

Apparentely David Moyes has walked out on Everton. Good decision, taken them as far as he can imo, prob should have left last year.

The baffling part is that his odds for being the next Villa manager have been slashed to 6/4. That would be the worlds most sideways move ever. Can't see the logic. Chelsea would make a lot more sense.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Would Roman give him the job? I'm sceptical...But agree completely on Villa. I remember him being interviewed a year or two ago saying that he feels in order to get a top job in England you have to work abroad as the gap between the top jobs and the rest is too great, or something along those lines, and it's something he'd very much be interested in. Maybe that's what he has in mind?

Comment

If it's true and Moyes has walked, moving to Villa may look a sideways step when looking at the size of both clubs but it's not when you look at the potential of both clubs.

Hasn't a cent to spend at Everton where as Lerner may not be spending crazy money but he will back his manager.

Can't blame Moyes if he moves.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X