X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    So you don't smoke at all during Xmas?

I find that period the hardest, I pretty much never smoke in Jan as I'm always giving up on New Years.
    nope september to june. if i started in between, i'd convince myself never to smoke again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      danloulou on stars is who on here? 72zero? he's in the same tournie
      Shivverzzz afair

Comment

Mostly have smoking limited to foreign holidays now, couldn't quite picture the tedium of a Spanish resort without chain smoking for the 5 days.

And European cities as well obviously, smoking does seem to complement a stroll through ancient ramparts.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          i quit every year now. i stop smoking on the 1st of september and take up again in june, slowly at the start and by the end of august i'm up to a pack a day, happy to stop again.
          lol wish i could do that, off them 3 years now

Comment

Of relevance to Zuroph. Potential for similar in Limerick to generate publicity maybe?
            ha, saw it already, and fired the same email off to the city manager, the mayor, and the civil defence secretary
            http://mobro.co/zuroph
            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

danloulou on stars is who on here? 72zero? he's in the same tournie
              Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
              Shivverzzz afair

yep that him

Comment

Meant to ask you the other night - out of interest, what does this course involve? Link to the cert?

The "qualification" is bollox, but I'm confident enough in my ability to make it work, just want to learn the ins and outs of specific examples to prepare me. Intend to use it to fund me going back to college to do psychology at some stage.
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

off to dublin tomorrow for the event of the year (IPB game)

SPOILER
                  Full to the neck with PMT, god help them all
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

this Neo Nazism lark is tough...

donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This is an unbelievable performance, this was London's O2, but I saw the identical show in Dublin,

Check out Javier Mas on the guitar at the start, phenomenal..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6iL11qUAKQ
                        How can i thank this twice ? ?

I have only watched that DVD the once, last summer some time, i really must root it out.

I may get slated, but fuck it, same age as Bob, but the show Cohen puts on live, no comparison, its actually like he is enjoying it ? ?

Once part that stuck in my mind, him standing behind a keyboard with a cheeky smile singing " I was born with the gift....", fantastic.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

As long as the information is useful; which it appears to be, then that's all you need from it. Are you doing the 7-day fast track with follow-on weekends course?
                          yip, start 9 am tomorrow, very handy that its in UL, 5 minutes over the road from me. gave a good haggle on price too.
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

A couple of songs compliments of Dannys diamonds.

My lads are learning a few songs in school for a concert and i've been listening to 'I wish I was a punk rocker' and 'Irelands Call' all week. Love both songs, but the former has been stuck in my head due to saturation, I found myself singing it out loud in tescos to myself today, I may very well be going mad.
                            It is great to hear the kids practicing together though and my five year old wants me to film him singing and put it up on youtube,lol.

It amuses me every time to hear my 5 year old singing "I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care".
                            I challenge you to listen to this a couple of times and wipe it right away from the internal itunes. i actually really like it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2jDz6w-r4[/ame]

I love that my boys are learning this, my eldest lad has been asking questions about Irelands history and he loved the clips of the rugby team singing it with the crowd and all.
                            This'll get the blood up if you have a few beers.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjMrPgk1eU8[/ame]
                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Beautiful.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8VwvO0ewDE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

The Ricky Gervais Show episode on channel 4 atm is genius.

Opr

Comment

Two fantastic performances from this season's Jools.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22z2HtmUlnk[/ame]

this one requires a tiny bit of patience...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD20LYzzoD8&playnext=1&list=PL9E8FC221E2AE CEA1[/ame]
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

When I win my way onto BB, this is going to be my intro music

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSai5klswws[/ame]
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                        Jesus, that 'yamaha electronic saxophone midi device' ( may be another manufacturer ) tilts the fuck out of me. Though in general the live performance is better than the original very 80's synthesized production.
                                        Last edited by ComradeCollie; 10-06-11, 23:09. Reason: yup was 1988
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                          yip, start 9 am tomorrow, very handy that its in UL, 5 minutes over the road from me. gave a good haggle on price too.
                                          Go to bed or I'll tell your tutor on you

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            Go to bed or I'll tell your tutor on you
                                            lol, one more beer and a smoke, may need to give the latter up later in the week!
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Really really difficult to be 'someone who doesn't smoke', while still smoking. Have fetched about €70 worth of useless groceries today and consumed about two packs of gum. Even got a 15kg watermelon that bust my balls trying to carry (is 15kg heavy or am I just weak?). Think will prob have to proper-quit with the smokes again on Sunday as can't handle the intrigue and the expense.

get used to it babies get heavy

as for giving up smoking, I stock up, smoke my brains out and quit when they run out. It gives me plenty of notice to build up to the big day, This time it took me over a year to smoke 1kg of rollies and i'm off them a few months now, no lapses I've treated myself to 2 nights where i've had the good stuff and have been quite proud of myself for not smoking the next day.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD20L...8FC221E2AECEA1
                                              The more i hear McMorrow the more i like him, that track was very close to being in my music king set this time but just lost out

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD20L...8FC221E2AECEA1
                                                I think i prefer the second one, like the first half of the first one, didnt like it when they went allin, just first listen i guess.

The ultimate anti-love song, tbh, its though American recordings, not Lightfoot i came across this, sticks in my head as one of those songs you know, but one day you hear, as S@G would say, and wow, it was like someone telling me really bad news when i realised what the song was about...an actual OMG moment.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGyM8eskgUA[/ame]
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                  Jesus, that 'yamaha electronic saxophone midi device' ( may be another manufacturer ) tilts the fuck out of me. Though in general the live performance is better than the original very 80's synthesized production.
                                                  Although the song in itself is fantastic, what is beautiful to me is his gratitude and love for his musicians, very emotional.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

How can i thank this twice ? ?

I have only watched that DVD the once, last summer some time, i really must root it out.

I may get slated, but fuck it, same age as Bob, but the show Cohen puts on live, no comparison, its actually like he is enjoying it ? ?

Once part that stuck in my mind, him standing behind a keyboard with a cheeky smile singing " I was born with the gift....", fantastic.
                                                    It was by far the best concert I've been to, he was simply amazing. The Dublin show was identical music wise to the London show, but his ad-libs were different. It was a magical experience to witness him live, if you ever get the chance don't miss it.

Are you playing tomorrow btw? Be great to meet ye, if you're not too busy rattling MSN that is

Comment

lol, one more beer and a smoke, may need to give the latter up later in the week!

I've heard hypnotism is good

Comment

Comment

It was by far the best concert I've been to, he was simply amazing. The Dublin show was identical music wise to the London show, but his ad-libs were different. It was a magical experience to witness him live, if you ever get the chance don't miss it.

Are you playing tomorrow btw? Be great to meet ye, if you're not too busy rattling MSN that is
                                                          Wouldent mind doing both...lol

It seems to have passed my by, weekend off and all, i just skim the BBV of late, dont venture much outside it either, i will do my best to get to the next one, best of luck tomorrow !!
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

I think i prefer the second one, like the first half of the first one, didnt like it when they went allin, just first listen i guess.

The ultimate anti-love song, tbh, its though American recordings, not Lightfoot i came across this, sticks in my head as one of those songs you know, but one day you hear, as S@G would say, and wow, it was like someone telling me really bad news when i realised what the song was about...an actual OMG moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGyM8eskgUA
                                                            Thanks for that man, amazing song.

Comment

Wouldent mind doing both...lol

It seems to have passed my by, weekend off and all, i just skim the BBV of late, dont venture much outside it either, i will do my best to get to the next one, best of luck tomorrow !!
                                                              Head the fuck up to Dublin then ffs, there's plenty of room

Comment

Coleraine is pretty grim tbh, lots of overt sectarianism. Car bombs not that likely tho to be fair lol Some of my mates went to Uni there and were happy enough with it. Letterkenny is only an hour away from it IIRC, not horribly bad for a commute
                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Head the fuck up to Dublin then ffs, there's plenty of room
                                                                  If i was more drunk i would say yes...lol....esp who thanked the post......
                                                                  SPOILER

Would love to meet hitch !!
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm a disappointment! But seriously - can we get more drinks delivered to Ole's house?!!!
                                                                        What time is it kicking off and where ? Just asking....
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Has anyone here had dry socket?
                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                            WD40 should sort it...
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Yes, fairly loyalist area. In fairness though, the University would be a lot different as opposed to actually living in coleraine. As i said, my mates were big GAA/Celtic heads and were v happy up there at Uni. They all lived in portstewart though, its worth checking houses out there if you decide to go, probably cheaper than Donegal, and scenery/activities up round north coast are fantastic.

Comment

If its the dental "Dry Socket" then lukewarm salty water is a big help. Slosh that around the area for a while. And play a video game to take your mind off it

Comment

Nurofen plus and loads of it.

Opr

Comment

Been watching this season's Jools, this tune is fantastic, although it sounds ten times better on my TV than it does on YouTube, this needs bass and depth, play it over speakers or decent headphones....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bNl9OfroV0&playnext=1&list=PLD3C1FB730482 18D1[/ame]

Comment

...

Comment

What's that?

Comment

Okay, so half-positive - just drive quickly through the dodgy areas Nah, we'd be living in Donegal due to partner's visa that would more-or-less be restricted to Ireland unless we paid £975 for a UK visa. Going to be a bollix to learn how to drive at 33 though, was sure would never have to learn.
                                                                                            If i opn this third bottle of wine i will give you lessons tomorrow....lol
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                  If its the dental "Dry Socket" then lukewarm salty water is a big help. Slosh that around the area for a while. And play a video game to take your mind off it
                                                                                                  How long before I can smoke?
                                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Shaun of the dead starting on TV3 now.

Comment

Actually, i only passed my test last year and i am 33! lol Did it to win a prop bet

It would be essential if you are up in that part of donegal, public transport would be patchy, but more to the point, there are dozens of jaw-dropping sights within 20 mins drive. Am sure the flushdraws could fill you in on what its like around LetterKenny

Comment

go to a random article on wikipedia. click the first link that isnt in parentheses or italics. repeat. You'll get to Philosophy eventually, everytime. each time I've tried so far its been within 15 clicks.
                                                                                                        i tried starting at west ham & got to 20 clicks before i got in a loop of the same 5 articles

Comment

I wouldnt bother smoking for 3/4 days, basically until the blood clot heals. If the area dries out and the clot isnt protecting the gum anymore, then your nerve is exposed the whole time. Smoking would dry it out a lot quicker, plus increase chances of infection

Comment

How long before I can smoke?
                                                                                                            I honestly would stay away from them as long as humanly possible. It really aggregates the pain and healing time. I think it one of the leading causes of it in the first place.

Opr

Comment

lol, it's like you're telling the fat kid out of The Goonies not to eat the Babe Ruth bar

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                                i tried starting at west ham & got to 20 clicks before i got in a loop of the same 5 articles
                                                                                                                I got to philosophy in 12 clicks from westham FC, you either clicked something in brackets or missed a word.. no italics, no brackets.
                                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

go to a random article on wikipedia. click the first link that isnt in parentheses or italics. repeat. You'll get to Philosophy eventually, everytime. each time I've tried so far its been within 15 clicks.
                                                                                                                  I started with 'Dublin mid west' and after 15 clicks I got 'taxonomically'.

edit, Although, I just did it there with 'Heineken' and I got 'Philosophy' in 9 clicks, pretty cool.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Lazare; 11-06-11, 00:29.

Comment

I got to philosophy in 12 clicks from westham FC, you either clicked something in brackets or missed a word.. no italics, no brackets.
                                                                                                                    Got it that time alright think i did click one in brackets.
                                                                                                                    Is there an explanation for this?

Comment

I started with 'Dublin mid west' and after 15 clicks I got 'taxonomically'.

Although, I just did it there with 'Heineken' and I got 'Philosophy' in 9 clicks, pretty cool.
                                                                                                                      I got philosophy in 13 clicks from dublin mid west

Comment

donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                                          I got philosophy in 13 clicks from dublin mid west
                                                                                                                          Yeah, I got there too in 13.

I misunderstood 'parenthesis'

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X