Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey see u freaks, degans and gentry in two weeks sitting on the runway now taking the 12pm flight to Frankfurt and then taking the 5.30 to Beijing

Remember don't cry for me IPB, I'm not a big deal on the Internet

Enjoy the game on Saturday!!!

Comment

TL DR - Aer Fungus story.
      SPOILER
      About 8/9 years ago, I driving though the crazy LA traffic like a Mayo man with a hot fish supper burning the lap off him. The same traffic that only one day earlier had terrified me but today was different I was late for my plane and
      all my fears went out the window and were replaced by panic cut-throat driving. I beeped and cursed my way through the traffic and made it to car rental return, then a feckin bus to the terminal. I got there about 10 minutes late, the Aer Lingus desk clerk looks at me lathered in sweat as I ask her has the plane left yet. She smiles (type of smile that makes you want to kick a gee) at me and slowrolled me with the words. NO it hasn't taken off yet. Me : (yipee) She adds, BUT, you are too late, it is closed for boarding. Wtf wtf wtf. I can still make it. NO you can't.
      What are my options, when is the next flight? Well she sez, if there is room on Mondays flight we can take you on that (it was Saturday) But I've to get home this weekend!! Sorry we can't help you. IN dismay I wander around to the BA desk. Hi, Is there any room on your flights, I've missed my Aer Lingus flight. Sure no problem. Will it cost me anything? No not at all, give me your Aer Lingus ticket and we'll sort it out for you. BA flies me to London and links me up with a flight to Dublin at no extra cost. I walked by the Aer Lingus desk looking for the geebag that should have informed me of this option but nowhere to be seen. I was so mad I turned almost turned into Strewelpeter. When I got home eventually I was met by one of those annoying survey people asking you about your trip. I asked her was the pen full of ink as I'd a lot to say. In the comments section I typed these words at the end, PLEASE FIND THIS GIRL AND KICK HER IN THE GEE FOR ME. BA saved my life that weekend so fair play to the cnuts. I still hate the English though especially Danny Diamond , Strewelpeter, Kayroo and Raoul and that cnut Cardshark.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        From what I gather there isn't a huge difference just personal preference and what is easier to get gear + 2nd hand gear for.
        Is a 2nd hand D80 body only for €350 a good price?

Total price is €1,000 for

Nikon D80
        Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC -
        Nikon 18-200mm F3-5.6 AF-S DX VR
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Choosing one airport over another is akin to choosing a better implement to be impaled with. Everything to do with air travel is at best a chore.

Yet I'm still making a 40 hour trip to Boston next month.

Comment

FML...

running like shite in mtts on Boylepoker atm and glad to have weekend off (live game)

decided to stick in $100 to winner poker on the i poker platform and spin a bit of cash on 1/2

some sick hands and cashed out for £795 converted...whoppee do...withdraw please...

"sorry sir we need copies of credit card/ID etc etc which can be scanned and forwarded"

scanner feked I found and cant comply with request

So gotta buy new scanner to get my money despite me talking in person to support and confirming all details and transactions

They couldnt also withdraw to the card that was used to deposit (mastercard) but they will accept deposits from it....WTF is that about I said You should have a pop up advising ppl this at least so they can choose a deposit option they can withdraw from....ended up they will send me a paper 'check' with a fee of £20 !!!!

still have to scan the stuff though

so winnings cut by £20 and price of scanner

sigh......off for a cuppa

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              The League of Fuckedness:

damn Pakistanis, denying us our rightful place in a Champions League spot

note Greece is over 70%, I have never seen that before (don't think CDS were around at the time of the last great sovereign debt crisis)
              wait, are we getting better or is the whole world fucked?
              Also, LOL DMcW had an article in last weeks indo saying we could learn a lot from the Argies

edit:
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Choosing one airport over another is akin to choosing a better implement to be impaled with. Everything to do with air travel is at best a chore.

Yet I'm still making a 40 hour trip to Boston next month.
                I agree airports are the most horrible places on earth. I still cant see how they cant have a smoking area somewhere post security.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                  Which of these is better

Intel Pentium P6100 Dual Core processor (2.0GHz, 3Mb cache)
                  3Gb DDR3 (1 x 1Gb + 1 x 2GB) RAM
                  320Gb SATA hard drive
                  15.6 inch LED HD display (1366 x 768, 16:9)
                  DVD Super Multi Dual Layer
                  802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0
                  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
                  Integrated webcam
                  Samsung RV511 15.6 inch laptop

OR

Acer
                  Intel Core i3-370M processor. 3GB RAM. 250GB Hard Drive. 15.6 inch HD LCD display. DVD-Super Multi DL drive. 3 USB 2.0 ports. 6 cell Li-ion battery. Up to 3.5 hours battery life. 2-in-1 card reader. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
                  bump, help please

Comment

Wtf is McWilliams doing in the new Bulmers ad btw?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q87lIeYvOQ[/ame]
                    Last edited by RasTa; 09-06-11, 11:10.

Comment

bump, help please
                      Bottom one

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                        FML...

running like shite in mtts on Boylepoker atm and glad to have weekend off (live game)

decided to stick in $100 to winner poker on the i poker platform and spin a bit of cash on 1/2

some sick hands and cashed out for £795 converted...whoppee do...withdraw please...

"sorry sir we need copies of credit card/ID etc etc which can be scanned and forwarded"

scanner feked I found and cant comply with request

So gotta buy new scanner to get my money despite me talking in person to support and confirming all details and transactions

They couldnt also withdraw to the card that was used to deposit (mastercard) but they will accept deposits from it....WTF is that about I said You should have a pop up advising ppl this at least so they can choose a deposit option they can withdraw from....ended up they will send me a paper 'check' with a fee of £20 !!!!

still have to scan the stuff though

so winnings cut by £20 and price of scanner

sigh......off for a cuppa
                        I've seen your graphs for boyles I wish i could run like shite just like you

just take a photo with camera/phone and upload it to your pc
                        Last edited by Loopz; 09-06-11, 11:19.

Comment

bump, help please
                          Stay the fukk away from Acer

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post

Nikon D80
                            I sold my D80 with the kit lens and a 2GB card for €400 not that long back

Also is the 18-200 the red VR or the gold? It's the gold one you want.
                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                              I agree airports are the most horrible places on earth. I still cant see how they cant have a smoking area somewhere post security.
                              You know Dublin airport has one now?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                Basketball playoffs are so epic - for those of you not watching them you need to get on that. series is tied at 2-2 with the 5th game tonight (Best of 7 games wins). Also Nike ads are the nuts

This first one was an ad released after LeBron James transfered to the Miami heat and he got a sh!t load of abuse for it from people saying he was a glory hunter etc

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Then they release this one as a response from Michael Jordan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVCj...layer_embedded
                                That MJ ad is immense. What's Lebron talking about legacy? He still doesnt have a ring does he? bah. Must start watching basketball again, I gave up on it a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  You know Dublin airport has one now?
                                  Where? - so many annoyed hours

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                    Where? - so many annoyed hours
                                    The original terminal - by Boots theres an escalator - up the escalator theres various fooderies/pubs. One called the Garden Bar (I think, will confirm) has a door which leads to an outdoor smoking area with 5 tables for beer and smokes etc.

edit :
                                    The Garden Terrace - Been there about 2 years.
                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 09-06-11, 11:36.

Comment

Nikon D80
                                      Looks grand on a quick flick around, have a look here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/default.asp pretty good with their reviews scores well overall didn't look into everything thou, I like the lens

I go with my gut and then defer to Lao Lao or UraiseIfold for a 2nd opinion.

bump, help please
                                      Acer looks good whats the screen resolution?
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                        Just been listening to it pretty good so far
                                        it aint out til June 14th which may be why its missing from the discography

Comment

Went baby swimming this moring. Was the only male in attendance. Was the only under 40 (infants aside) in attendance. Alpha male.
                                          Last edited by Closed_Account; 09-06-11, 11:53.

Comment

What a sound

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wygQmJ59E4Q[/ame]

Comment

every gig should be made finish this way

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlCdbaLaQoM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlCdbaLaQoM&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

I've always found mark e smith to be annoying as fuck, he has been tilting me the last few hours i wanted to put this song into music king and would have except for him but your right it is a great sound

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPTpBoYVD8Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPTpBoYVD8Q[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                  every gig should be made finish this way
                                                  If you ever get the chance(if/when they reform again), go see Snuff, good band in their own right but they do some mad covers for funzies.

Late 90's/early 00's in the button factory (or whatever it is called this weather)
                                                  They came on and did a Bewitched cover, "seeing as we are in Dublin"

Irish dancing et all, ended up just repeating the chorus "What are ya like" over and over, getting heaver and heaver, turned it into some kind of death metal song by the end

mad covers:
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw_U6UfKVeM[/ame]
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pNbgXR7NlA[/ame]
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR17Z5TvMtc[/ame]
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHHMjeddgQY[/ame]

whole room tend to sing along and they always drag some poor sod up to sing with them

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                    Went baby swimming this moring. Was the only male in attendance. Was the only under 40 (infants aside) in attendance. Alpha male.
                                                    Some pretty sick bluffing by you in the JP last night! I love a good blow up but that was superb.

Comment

God, it's annual corporate compliance training time again. 5 hours of don't leave your laptop lying around and what to do if a hurricane hits etc.

Comment

Wtf is McWilliams doing in the new Bulmers ad btw?
                                                        he is pretty ubiquitous these days

I think it's quite good, Mrs Duke hates it however and she is usually more representative of sane thinking than me
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I think it's quite good, Mrs Duke hates it however and she is usually more representative of sane thinking than me
                                                          Does she let you put on your David McW mask and drink some Cidona while the ad is on?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                            Does she let you put on your David McW mask and drink some Cidona while the ad is on?
                                                            don't be giving me ideas

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                              Some pretty sick bluffing by you in the JP last night! I love a good blow up but that was superb.
                                                              Ha Thanks. I enjoyed it myself. I knew there was little chance he was going to fold (he never does really) which made it so appealing-like cheering home a 10-1 shot who somehow has got into the mix in the home straight, a nice sweat.

Cash game was bananas aswell,managed to hold for two four figure pots and still not book a huge win on the night!
                                                              Last edited by Closed_Account; 09-06-11, 12:54.

Comment

Joe Duffy quite good today. DOOM AND GLOOM!
                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                  Stay the fukk away from Acer
                                                                  I disagree

I have one and the kids have one and they decent wee machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                    Joe Duffy

quite good

these are not words that should ever be found in close proximity to each other

(unless it's something along the lines of 'Joe Duffy got mauled by an escaped Bengal tiger today, it was quite good')
                                                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 09-06-11, 13:02. Reason: kayroo

Comment

this are not words that should ever be found in close proximity to each other

(unless it's something along the lines of 'Joe Duffy got mauled by an escaped Bengal tiger today, it was quite good')

Not that Joe Duffy himself is any good, more that the callers complaining about everything are entertaining.

Guy on complaining about how people in "blackrock and booterstown have been wiped out, some had 400,000 invested in banks!"
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                        Not that Joe Duffy himself is any good, more that the callers complaining about everything are entertaining.

Guy on complaining about how people in "blackrock and booterstown have been wiped out, some had 400,000 invested in banks!"
                                                                        I can see the comedy value there alright

keep us posted with more lols

Comment

Ann's son Connor is being bullied is on, why is this on the radio?

Comment

these are not words that should ever be found in close proximity to each other

I love your reason for editing this post. Remember Dukey...I'm always watching.
                                                                            Last edited by Kayroo; 09-06-11, 13:12. Reason: No edit, just wanted to return the favour... Raoul Duke III
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm predicting some clown will ask (in a plaintive tone):

where's my NAMA Joe?

Comment

Ugh really? It smacks of 'we got David McWilliams, quick write a collapse-based funny script'; a task at which they failed miserably.

Comment

Stunt likes Scrubs so we know he has no sense of humor

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                    Ha Thanks. I enjoyed it myself. I knew there was little chance he was going to fold (he never does really) which made it so appealing-like cheering home a 10-1 shot who somehow has got into the mix in the home straight, a nice sweat.

Cash game was bananas aswell,managed to hold for two four figure pots and still not book a huge win on the night!
                                                                                    Well you got me to fold AJ which was pretty annoying considering the flop! Ridic bad calling by him all the way to be fair.

Comment

Any of you BBV degens heading to the SE for the 2nd thursday of the month game??

Comment

Any of you BBV degens heading to the SE for the 2nd thursday of the month game??
                                                                                        Id play for a change but tourney has no antes cant see why as every tournament has them now bar the jackpot.

Comment

no

Comment

Just had my first ever hot towel shave.

Though I Groupon bash, I am now an expert in Groupon undercutting.

They take 50% (they do, I'm not bothered finding links and proof, they just do) of the sale price of the item on the site. So when we saw Haircut and Hot Towel Shave for £10 instead of £25, we calmly rang up the barbers, and asked them if they'd do it for £7.50 cash per person, it took some thinking (A Barber is not oft a Mathematician), but he realised it was good, thus giving us both a better deal and cutting out Groupon.

Effective cash-flow swap.

Comment

By the way Raoul, I've slowed my house searching somewhat. Only went to see one place recently; a nice looking 4-bed in a decent part of Beaumont which was listed for 250k. Reason being it was next door to some heavyweight criminals and had cracks running right around it

Comment

I may head in. Was hoping Raoul would be there for some high level banter but slagging you about Meath GAA will obviously suffice.
                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                  Id play for a change but tourney has no antes cant see why as every tournament has them now bar the jackpot.
                                                                                                  The Jackpot was some craic the other night......I think Little bit hazy but I remember thinking I was having fun

Comment

sorry to be a pain but I can't the name of the all in one software download page and I need it on a hurry
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The easiest, fastest way to update or install software. Ninite downloads and installs programs automatically in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        I disagree

I have one and the kids have one and they decent wee machines.
                                                                                                        +1 Had a little trouble with over heating but cleaned the vents and perfect since.

Acer laptops btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

They take 50% (they do, I'm not bothered finding links and proof, they just do) of the sale price of the item on the site. So when we saw Haircut and Hot Towel Shave for £10 instead of £25, we calmly rang up the barbers, and asked them if they'd do it for £7.50 cash per person, it took some thinking (A Barber is not oft a Mathematician), but he realised it was good, thus giving us both a better deal and cutting out Groupon.

quoting this in interviews worth far more than a bit of paper saying you were in college for a year longer than necessary.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                            I may head in. Was hoping Raoul would be there for some high level banter but slagging you about Meath GAA will obviously suffice.
                                                                                                            to be fair the level of banter in the SE does be of a resonable standard compared to other card rooms in Dub

Comment

Hot towel shaves are awesome.

Comment

Groupon is the scam of the century, I fully expect its founders to end up in jail

read the FT today if you get the chance

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  I shall make my return in August and will be in serious training for the IPO. My plan is to make the first break this year.

Comment

The Jackpot was some craic the other night......I think Little bit hazy but I remember thinking I was having fun
                                                                                                                    By jackers standards you were fine if you can get over the madness the games can be really good there esp the unlimted ones

Comment

Nasri to United?

Comment

United accept £12m bid for O'Shea Brown and Gibson.

Ashley Young in talks at the minute and a deal apparently on the cards for Nasri.

A good days trading by SAF

Comment

Nasri to United?
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by FootballAgentPM
                                                                                                                          I'm hearing reports that Samir Nasri's representatives has indeed agreed a deal enabling him to join #mufc. I cannot confirm this though.
                                                                                                                          Also

Originally posted by intheknow99
                                                                                                                          #MUFC have accepted the £12m offer for O'Shea, Brown and Gibson. O'Shea and Brown are reluctant to go to Sunderland, O'Shea reluctant to go at all. Imagine Gibson would be done soon-ish

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X