• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogaJ0CygjnI&feature=related[/ame]

I love how you can just copy and paste you tube clips

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      I rather kill myself than live in a normal house in Mullingar...the prospect of living in a one-bed there is terrifying! Wonder if those prices offer a half-decent investment opportunity given the current level of rent assistance?

New two bed apartments in Tallaght to be around €100,000 in less than a year I think...€169k now but surely price negotiable and heading downwards: http://www.myhome.ie/residential/bro...blin-24/128477

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
        Anyone on here ever stay in The Killashee House....yay nor nay?

edit: Best option from this or The Glenview Hotel in Wicklow
        I stayed in Killashee for a weekend about four years ago - it was quite nice, lovely grounds as I remember.

Comment

Anyone on here ever stay in The Killashee House....yay nor nay?

edit: Best option from this or The Glenview Hotel in Wicklow

Have very fond memories of Killashee House, was there for a conference and met the current Mrs Bless.
          That aside, the facilities and service are top drawer. Pool and spa are in a sperate building as far as I can remember so it's a walk of 50 paces in the ol' bathrobe. Rooms are grand, suites are gorgeous.
          Would recommend getting the brekkie delivered to the room in the mornings, food portions are mighty. In house restraunt is lovely but a bit saucy price-wise.
          Is it for business or pleasure if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            Have you read / watched much on the issue outside of what a reliable like himself has to say?
            ah i'm easily convinced because of my anti-gov anti tax bias

Comment

Originally posted by jackthree View Post
              sorri forgot to state serious piss up
              Halo is a pretty classy club but dear enough, then again everywhere is at the weekend. As for pints theres any number of places depends what ya want, Taffee's wouldn't be a bad place to start tho.

Comment

off to galway for the weekend tomara anyone recomend any good spots to hit? will it be dead on a friday nite?

isn't the worst place to end up if you run out of ideas down there

its a bit like a Galway Whealens, might be a bit of a sausage factory mind!? (its a fair while since i set foot in the place)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                  http://www.roisindubh.net/listings.php

isn't the worst place to end up if you run out of ideas down there

its a bit like a Galway Whealens, might be a bit of a sausage factory mind!? (its a fair while since i set foot in the place)
                  Was in Roisins for a Saturday night two weeks ago, saw three great bands and it wasn't a sausage fest at all, loads of indie chicks dancing their little hearts out!

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                    how do I post a Windows Media Player file here (its a WMV file)

can anyone help with this

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogaJ0...eature=related

I love how you can just copy and paste you tube clips

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                        can anyone help with this
                        Upload to youtube? Or rapidshare.
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Since Simpsons clips seem to be in right now...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7__SWWSaGM[/ame]

Youtube has failed me in finding my favourite clip though...It goes something like this...

Homer "I need some kind of guidance from God..."
                          *Phone rings*
                          "Hello Homer, this is God......frey Jones from the local newspaper"

Edit- German translation will have to do...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggZuZe6wRuQ[/ame]
                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            Was in Roisins for a Saturday night two weeks ago, saw three great bands and it wasn't a sausage fest at all, loads of indie chicks dancing their little hearts out!
                            Ive been there only a handful of times, real hippie sort of place, indie music that kind of thing. Has a savage smoking area. Tourists like it because of the fada Wouldn't call it a cockfest though

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                              It's an interesting question.

Your passport is technically not your property and the Government are under no obligation to issue you with one. The right to travel is one which would, necessarily, be one that is subject to great limitation. The right to travel outside the jurisdiction even more so.

There may be a better case on a European level that the denial of a passport effectively bars the free movement of workers but EU rights are not horizontally effective normally (not sure about whether free movement is horizontally effective) meaning it gives you no cause of action against another natural person, only against the Government or a higher agency or EU institution (i.e vertically effective) and I cannot see the ECJ intervening in a trade dispute to force the Govt's hand.

Also, trade disputes are given specific statutory protection. That said there are cases, such as a limited teacher's strike in Cork a few years ago, where trade disputes have given rise to causes of action where their effect is to give rise to a denial of a constitutional right.

Having asked around here (I am in the Library) the general consensus seems to be that there would be a cause of action as the strike effectively is an abuse of rights by the Union.

That said this is NOT A LEGAL OPINION and is just my initial thoughts on the matter.
                              thanks Kayroo, very interesting

obviously it's unlikely to come to this but it would be a stick to potentially beat the CPSU with
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just in case we've any huge Monthy Python fans in here who haven't heard about this
                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kewfy5pMeWA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Its on tonight in Movies@ (Swords & Dundrum). One night only affair thing.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                    My guess is you'd watch that bored out of your tree for two hours and be going "well, at least The Bright Side of Life is coming up"
                                    or, following in the example set in Knocked Up, you'd take some nice mind altering drugs pre kick off, and let the magic happen.

Comment

Comment

We really are an ingenious species of animal! You just can't find creativity like that in any of the lesser mammals.
                                        Went to see "My Bloody Valentine 3D" while absolutely away with the fairies.

It was intense, in a good way. 3D films + intoxicants = Enjoyment^2

Comment

Quick techie question

I'm on youtube, site loads normally, when i select a video to watch the page loads fine tho the place where the vid would normally be is just a black square. I have tried adobe and dloaded latest macromedia flash thingmybob, but still no go. Ani ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                            Quick techie question

I'm on youtube, site loads normally, when i select a video to watch the page loads fine tho the place where the vid would normally be is just a black square. I have tried adobe and dloaded latest macromedia flash thingmybob, but still no go. Ani ideas?
                                            Turn off your adblocker and update your flash player.
                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                              Went to see "My Bloody Valentine 3D" while absolutely away with the fairies.

It was intense, in a good way. 3D films + intoxicants = Enjoyment^2
                                              Saw Avatar 3D stoned and loved it.
                                              Saw Alice in Wonderland stoned and hated it.
                                              I only go like going to the cinema baked for munchies!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                Quick techie question

isnt there a rumour its been hacked by china?
                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

anyone else addicted to mafia wars?
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    thanks Kayroo, very interesting

obviously it's unlikely to come to this but it would be a stick to potentially beat the CPSU with
                                                    Meant to add that in. You wouldn't be suing the workers, you'd sue the Union. It'd be a stick to bankrupt the CPSU with if you could do it.

Ahem... THIS IS NOT A LEGAL OPINION.

(I fucking hate having to do that)
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

put it in your Sig.

Always covered then!

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                        Have very fond memories of Killashee House, was there for a conference and met the current Mrs Bless.
                                                        That aside, the facilities and service are top drawer. Pool and spa are in a sperate building as far as I can remember so it's a walk of 50 paces in the ol' bathrobe. Rooms are grand, suites are gorgeous.
                                                        Would recommend getting the brekkie delivered to the room in the mornings, food portions are mighty. In house restraunt is lovely but a bit saucy price-wise.
                                                        Is it for business or pleasure if you don't mind me asking?
                                                        Pleasure will look at booking a suite then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          On a personal level, I know the developer of that complex. The workforce went from over 120 employees to 20 in less than a year. Some others have been re-hired again under part time deals. Many of those people were neighbours or friends of mine from school, sports clubs etc... Truly is a shame, but it's a similar situation right around the country as we all are too aware of.

At the moment a couple of estates are half finished around the town at the moment. When I was looking at places to rent some of the quality of stuff that was on offer a few months ago was reasonable. But the fact that there were 100+ 2 bed apartments, 3 bed semis and townhouses lying idle or close to completion is frustrating to say the least. I guess the banks/receivers figuring out who owns what or how to proceed.

For anyone that cares, those apartments are a two minute walk to the hospital. Another 2 minute walk from ALDI and another adjacent mini supermarket, 5 minutes from Dunnes Stores shopping centre and the centre of the town. Also it is basically adjacent to the C-link road so commuters could access the main Sligo-Dublin, Galway-Dublin roads with ease. If the hospital ever got the go ahead for further development in the future (not going to happen imo), they would be worth something even for renting or doing a deal with the HSE even to house some of the staff.

Signed a lease for a relatively new 3 bed semi last night @ €550 per month with my brother. Nice location and NTL getting installed tomorrow so all is good for me at least.

Comment

Meant to add that in. You wouldn't be suing the workers, you'd sue the Union. It'd be a stick to bankrupt the CPSU with if you could do it.

Ahem... THIS IS NOT A LEGAL OPINION.

you said there would be potential cause for action as the strike is denying rights - which right(s) in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                              I rather kill myself than live in a normal house in Mullingar...the prospect of living in a one-bed there is terrifying! Wonder if those prices offer a half-decent investment opportunity given the current level of rent assistance?

New two bed apartments in Tallaght to be around €100,000 in less than a year I think...€169k now but surely price negotiable and heading downwards: http://www.myhome.ie/residential/bro...blin-24/128477
                                                              What's your beef with Mullingar out of curiosity?

Comment

Comment

Put my foot in it at lunchtime. Buying lunch in the shop and this girl in front of me (looks hottish from behind) buys some peat briquettes and asks is there anyone in the shop to lift them into the car, she turns sideways and I see she is pregnant. I am such the gentleman that I offer to lift it into the car for her after I complete my purchases highlighting that she should not be doing heavy lifting in her condition. Cue red face and embarrassment when she scolds me and says what bloody condition in a typical Drogheda accent

I wanted the ground to swallow me

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                    What's your beef with Mullingar out of curiosity?
                                                                    'beef to the heel' don't you mean?

I'd hesitate a guess that ionapaul has had an unfortunate ecounter with a female from your hometown

Comment

you said there would be potential cause for action as the strike is denying rights - which right(s) in particular?
                                                                      Any constitutional right, so right to travel is definitely one subject to public order and the common good. (The State (M) v. AG [1979] IR 73 is the case where this right is recognised where the wrongful refusal to issue a passport for an illegitimate child lead to the case )

AGAIN, NOT A LEGAL OPINION.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

So, heading over to St. Petersburg in a bit over a week. First time meeting the father of my gf (not meeting the mother as she lives on the other side of Russia), also meeting her two brothers aged 4 and 6. Any suggestions on presents? The two lads are apparently massively into their lego, but don't want to duplicate some lego they might already have.

Was thinking of spending about £100 on the present for the father and £100 on a joint present for the kids.
                                                                        if my Russian stereotypes are up to scratch; duty-free vodka and cigarettes all round!

Comment

Comment

Talking of Russia.

Fixture list for E2012 qualifying campaign.

UEFA EURO 2012 Championship - Group B Fixtures

Armenia (A) Friday, 3 September, 2010

Andorra (H) Tuesday, 7 September, 2010

Russia (H) Friday, 8 October, 2010

Slovakia (A) Tuesday, 12 October, 2010

Macedonia (H) Saturday, 26 March, 2011

Macedonia (A) Saturday, 4 June, 2011

Slovakia (H) Friday, 2 September, 2011

Russia (A), Tuesday, 6 September, 2011

Andorra (A) Friday, 7 October, 2011

Armenia (H) Tuesday, 11 October, 2011

Comment

2 double headers against Slovakia and Russia isn't great.
                                                                              Away to Macedonia in June is dodgy weatherwise, hopefully an evening kick off.

Comment

I cant stop laughing when i watch this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHWdEXRnwk[/ame]
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

PM?! (if you have the inclination)
                                                                                  +2 or else I will buy you a pint next time I see you
                                                                                  It is so strange a thing to have seen that I think it needs to be written into a short story, maybe a Conor McPherson play with Ghosts, lots of drink, Cheltenham on the TV, struggling developers, discredited politicians and strangely the saddest figure in the whole story is the cat that got the cream.

I haven't worked out how to even tell it as the great story it is in my head yet.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...
                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 25-03-10, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Talking of Russia.

Fixture list for E2012 qualifying campaign.

UEFA EURO 2012 Championship - Group B Fixtures

Armenia (A) Friday, 3 September, 2010

Andorra (H) Tuesday, 7 September, 2010

Russia (H) Friday, 8 October, 2010

Slovakia (A) Tuesday, 12 October, 2010

Macedonia (H) Saturday, 26 March, 2011

Macedonia (A) Saturday, 4 June, 2011

Slovakia (H) Friday, 2 September, 2011

Russia (A), Tuesday, 6 September, 2011

Andorra (A) Friday, 7 October, 2011

Armenia (H) Tuesday, 11 October, 2011
                                                                                      not much there to tempt the travelling fan

Bratislava probably the nicest of the lot

Comment

dougee19 became a fan of having your question written out when going onto i-poker chat
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          It is so strange a thing to have seen that I think it needs to be written into a short story, maybe a Conor McPherson play with Ghosts, lots of drink, Cheltenham on the TV, struggling developers, discredited politicians and strangely the saddest figure in the whole story is the cat that got the cream.

I haven't worked out how to even tell it as the great story it is in my head yet.
                                                                                          this sounds fantastic

Ghosts? Do you mean ghost estates?

Comment

Quick maths q, that is stumping me although i'm guessing its very simple. If i have to rate 30 events based on how risky they are (with 1 being most risky and 30 being least risky), and want to see how 'off' i am in my predictions by looking at the differences between my predictions of an individual event's riskiness and the actual expert ranking of riskiness (so e.g. if i say that smoking has a riskiness of 25th, but it is actually ranked 2nd, then i will give myself a score of 23 (25-2) - i'm aiming for as low a score as possible) - presumably just giving everything a middle ranking of 15 would be the best approach if i have no other knowledge about the riskiness - what will be the score that would be achieved from this approach of ranking everything 15?

EDIT: actually is it just (15+14+...+1) * 2?
                                                                                            225

yes

EDIT: no, its 15+14+13...+0 + 14 +13 + 12+ .... +1

You get a 0 when you pick 15 for the 30th, but you get 1 when you pick 1 for the 1st.

RE-EDIT: You can do it your quick way if you take the actual avg (15.5). That way its (14.5 + 13.5 + 12.5 + ....0.5) * 2
                                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 25-03-10, 15:07.

Comment

Mowbray gone

Comment

not much there to tempt the travelling fan

Bratislava probably the nicest of the lot
                                                                                                Andorra play their home games in Barcelona.

Comment

just seen that aswel mowbray gone who to replace him thou

Comment

Neil Lennon in as caretaker apparantly according to a mate of mine.

Comment

heard that ya who would be good in future thou curbishly?paul jewell? i cant see any of them doin it maybe ex player collins i think hes coaching some team

Comment

this sounds fantastic

Ghosts? Do you mean ghost estates?
                                                                                                        If only I could write like this that El Stuntman character used to.

The good news is I kicked ass today and I've a long days travelling home tomorrow to think about how to tell it
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

heard that ya who would be good in future thou curbishly?paul jewell? i cant see any of them doin it maybe ex player collins i think hes coaching some team
                                                                                                          They'll probably end up with someone like Gary Megson.

Comment

Put my foot in it at lunchtime. Buying lunch in the shop and this girl in front of me (looks hottish from behind) buys some peat briquettes and asks is there anyone in the shop to lift them into the car, she turns sideways and I see she is pregnant. I am such the gentleman that I offer to lift it into the car for her after I complete my purchases highlighting that she should not be doing heavy lifting in her condition. Cue red face and embarrassment when she scolds me and says what bloody condition in a typical Drogheda accent

I wanted the ground to swallow me
                                                                                                            I spent 5 minutes trying to get into the wrong car on my lunchbreak. At least the whole call centre were amused.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Megatron; 25-03-10, 15:17. Reason: I spell like a 5 year old

Comment

another ex brom manager arghhhhhhhhh no no no!!

Comment

So, heading over to St. Petersburg in a bit over a week. First time meeting the father of my gf (not meeting the mother as she lives on the other side of Russia), also meeting her two brothers aged 4 and 6. Any suggestions on presents? The two lads are apparently massively into their lego, but don't want to duplicate some lego they might already have.

Was thinking of spending about £100 on the present for the father and £100 on a joint present for the kids. Would that seem like the right amount to spend?
                                                                                                                Jebus, sounds serious.
                                                                                                                Maybe a big billy bass for the father.
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Quick maths q, that is stumping me although i'm guessing its very simple. If i have to rate 30 events based on how risky they are (with 1 being most risky and 30 being least risky), and want to see how 'off' i am in my predictions by looking at the differences between my predictions of an individual event's riskiness and the actual expert ranking of riskiness (so e.g. if i say that smoking has a riskiness of 25th, but it is actually ranked 2nd, then i will give myself a score of 23 (25-2) - i'm aiming for as low a score as possible) - presumably just giving everything a middle ranking of 15 would be the best approach if i have no other knowledge about the riskiness - what will be the score that would be achieved from this approach of ranking everything 15?

EDIT: actually is it just (15+14+...+1) * 2?
                                                                                                                  Depends which way the test is calibrated, if its max(your guess, actual) - min(your guess, actual) then you will get 225, fact. Same if you guess 16 on everything. In that case, your (15 + 14 + ... + 1)*2 is almost right, just add 15. No need for lots of sums, just do the series and add 15.

If its (your guess - actual) then you will get a score of 15 whether you pick 15 or 16.

You would make a pretty awful test subject either way though!
                                                                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

who said messi was best with a ball

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Zw2rayqG4[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                      New poker after dark is very entertaining. Some classic phil hellmuth ranting going on!
                                                                                                                      lol! Thanks for this. Normally can't stand poker after dark but this was worth the wait!
                                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Werewolves thread just got some serious juice

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                          lol! Thanks for this. Normally can't stand poker after dark but this was worth the wait!
                                                                                                                          Same, comedy gold though. Todd Brunson is my new poker hero.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X