This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
    Just on this, would people actually care if they didn't notice the taste? I never understand how people find it okay to eat certain animals but disgusting to eat others. If it tastes good, nom nom imo.
    Some animals have a higher risk of contracting a disease or infection when eaten as opposed to others. I will try anything but if I pay for one thing and am given something else that is a cheaper shitter substitute.

Basic example you go into a bar and ask for a pint of Heinken and are given a can of dutch poured into a glass. Are you happy or not.

Enjoy your rat and seagull sunday lunches tho more steak and chicken for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
      Where's good in Dublins City Centre for a few people to sit around a laptop looking things up online? Basically, where has free wi-fi and wont mind people sitting around for an hour all that much?
      Starbucks, library loads of spots
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
        Cool yeah that's what I thought. It was through Momondo that I found the price which is similar to Skyscanner. I'll wait a few days and see what happens.
        Same thing happened to me using momondo today but I just went directly to lastminute.com and found a flight for ~€20 dearer than the original one. snap booked it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
          Some animals have a higher risk of contracting a disease or infection when eaten as opposed to others. I will try anything but if I pay for one thing and am given something else that is a cheaper shitter substitute.

Basic example you go into a bar and ask for a pint of Heinken and are given a can of dutch poured into a glass. Are you happy or not.

Enjoy your rat and seagull sunday lunches tho more steak and chicken for me.

Obviously if you pay for something you should be given it. But if a chinese start selling seagull then I'd say no one would buy it, even if tasted the same chicken. Also laugh when people give out about Asians eating dogs.

Steak is so over-rated anyway tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            I've been to the museum of occupations today and I'll nip into the KGB museum tomorrow. The Fact Finding mission continues.
            I'd have thought you guys would try to build a libertarian paradise. Something like Somalia maybe.
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
              Any marketing types around who can translate some business-speak for me? Mate of mine got sent a job spec for this place and neither of us can figure out what any of it means:

http://www.globoforce.com/what-we-do/index.php
              Ah, I actually interviewed for a job there in 2004 and got the offer, had to turn it down as the €€€ was too low (it was pretty much an entry-level position though, I was just back in Ireland after my years in the States so was happy to start at the bottom as long as the salary was semi-decent!) - seemed like a decent enough company at the time. Managed to find a gig paying €5K more a year by waiting a month, so the lesson learned was never accept a low offer when you think you can find something better! Oh man, turning down jobs, those were the days eh, Celtic Tiger where'd ya go?

Comment

Some animals have a higher risk of contracting a disease or infection when eaten as opposed to others.
                Louis Pasteur caused quite a stir in the 1800's when he proved this was completely untrue. I don't know why people still think it is.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by boba_fett3099 View Post
                  Same thing happened to me using momondo today but I just went directly to lastminute.com and found a flight for ~€20 dearer than the original one. snap booked it!
                  Yeah it was with Expedia I think and I've checked directly through their site but it's the same as the higher price quoted on Momondo. I'll just wait and see what happens. The cheaper one wasn't available a few days ago so hopefully it or something similar will become available again.

Comment

Bah Wu Tang have pulled out of their Dublin date. Too soon to go back down to Cork again!! bollox anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      Ah, I actually interviewed for a job there in 2004 and got the offer, had to turn it down as the €€€ was too low (it was pretty much an entry-level position though, I was just back in Ireland after my years in the States so was happy to start at the bottom as long as the salary was semi-decent!) - seemed like a decent enough company at the time. Managed to find a gig paying €5K more a year by waiting a month, so the lesson learned was never accept a low offer when you think you can find something better! Oh man, turning down jobs, those were the days eh, Celtic Tiger where'd ya go?
                      Celtic Tiger days? Pfft... I did 50% better and a better work environment by waiting two months only last December
                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        I've been to the museum of occupations today and I'll nip into the KGB museum tomorrow. The Fact Finding mission continues.
                        excellent work No 1

try to hire a few goons while there, we're a bit light on goons
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

'gross-up clause'

rapidly becoming my favourite phrase in the English language
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            Also my Laptop is busto so looking to pick up a new one relatively cheap (Between E300-400) Anyone know where i can pick up a bargain, just use it for Poker and standard interwebs stuff -youtube etc,

Bump?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              LOL, I've sent screenshots to people Rasta I think showing it working.
                              shut down browsers
                              open proxy prog
                              choose country
                              WAIT FOR 100% connection
                              open browser
                              check IP
                              happy days
                              Yeah likely story
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Bump?
                                  Have a look around here http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/ and if you see a few you like link them and I am sure people will give you a run down on what is the best.
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                    Steak is so over-rated anyway tbh.
                                    If that isn't ban-worthy I don't know what is.
                                    See you in a few weeks

Comment

Wonder can anybody reassure me when setting up an iphone on this.

Rang O2 today to try get the yoke unlocked, gave them IMEI no etc and they said would recieve a text within 2 days with a code and then would be able to link to itunes and reset it. Got text from O2 saying they sent off the request and then within 10 mins another text saying Apple have confirmed the ph is set to unlock and connect it to Itunes. Do this and ph still shows 'insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone' so do i now have to await another text or is something wrong? apple bah

Comment

lads I need a €10.50 transfer on boyle's for my PP if anyone can?

Comment

lol. I gave up after 2 months of trying to get vodafone/apple to unlock an iphone for me.
                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

For whoever it was that wanted to open the coffee house.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                              Yeah likely story
                                              current IP
                                              Hostname: alligator.vm.bytemark.co.uk
                                              ISP: Bytemark Computer Consulting Ltd
                                              Organization: BYTEMARK-VM
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Zod
                                                normally wouldn't go near Harvey Norman but this isn't terrible for the price

I have this in silver finish: its been kicked, bumped, thumped, chewed, dropped, flown thru air, had 'some' liquid spillage even... all by my kids and dog honestly! . And apart from a sticking '0' key on the number pad - it still works...

Comment

Serious question. Is there any point in trying to spin up a few quid on Full Tilt or is there little chance you'll get paid if you win?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    Serious question. Is there any point in trying to spin up a few quid on Full Tilt or is there little chance you'll get paid if you win?
                                                    you should be able to get your money back. If you're in the US, it looks like a different story though.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      Any marketing types around who can translate some business-speak for me? Mate of mine got sent a job spec for this place and neither of us can figure out what any of it means:

http://www.globoforce.com/what-we-do/index.php
                                                      This is for company's who feel that their staff don't get enough spam from external sources and wish to create an internal mechanism to fill the void..

Comment

If you have money on there id play away, wouldnt put any on though. I've had 2 bank transfers received and am currently waiting on a large-ish Neteller one, looks like Non-Us are still getting money, just slower. I just left like 15 buyins on though i expect to be able to get it out tbh.

Comment

Dont play on tilt, but was talking to someone at the weekend who won €15k , withdrew it & had it in their Bank in a few days.

Comment

1st Eminem album have looked forward to in about 10 yrs

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOsjP33nF4[/ame]

Comment

By any chance does anyone here work with the Kerry group?
                                                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                LOL, I've sent screenshots to people Rasta I think showing it working.
                                                                shut down browsers
                                                                open proxy prog
                                                                choose country
                                                                WAIT FOR 100% connection
                                                                open browser
                                                                check IP
                                                                happy days
                                                                Got it to work with chrome using the above...happy days indeed...ty ty.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOsjP33nF4
                                                                  Deadly! just pure gold!

I have always been a huge fan & delighted the "old eminem" is coming out again,

Comment

hey guys,

Wondering can the BBV help me here. Looking to get my hand on some cardboard presentation boxes such as the link below

For the life of me I cant find were they are made, and the link below I only found today

The item I'm looking for is the "pin and badge" box

Cheers guys

EDIT: here's link: http://www.fundraisingboxes.ie/produ...pcf7-f1-p47-o1
                                                                    Last edited by Semibluff; 08-06-11, 18:11.
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Cheers folks. Have about $60 on there looking to play a few tournies tonight. Does anyone want to ship me another $30-$40 on Full Tilt for the same on Stars/Boyles?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOsjP33nF4
                                                                        I could wait I just had to download it sorry Em I'll ship you $5

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                                                          I could wait I just had to download it sorry Em I'll ship you $5
                                                                          Yeah didnt realise it was out already, got it a little while ago + Royce is one of the best rappers around for last few years so should be a classic
                                                                          Last edited by ghostface; 08-06-11, 18:28.

Comment

Also my Laptop is busto so looking to pick up a new one relatively cheap (Between E300-400) Anyone know where i can pick up a bargain, just use it for Poker and standard interwebs stuff -youtube etc,
                                                                            This isn't bad at the price

Could probably do with some extra ram, though I think the i3 processor is quite a bit better than the AMD one in that Harvey Norman one.
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Yeah didnt realise it was out already, got it a little while ago + Royce is one of the best rappers around for last few years so should be a classic
                                                                                hope the rest of the album is better than that track. seems like a standard rap by the numbers for both of them.
                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Cheers folks. Have about $60 on there looking to play a few tournies tonight. Does anyone want to ship me another $30-$40 on Full Tilt for the same on Stars/Boyles?
                                                                                  i can do that I've $76 on ftp and can't see myself playing there much again
                                                                                  48

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                    hope the rest of the album is better than that track. seems like a standard rap by the numbers for both of them.
                                                                                    Eminem hasnt rapped like that in about 10 yrs. Album very enjoyable so far. Standard rap it aint, rhyming penis with anus is genius

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                      This isn't bad at the price

Could probably do with some extra ram, though I think the i3 processor is quite a bit better than the AMD one in that Harvey Norman one.

I got this last week in pc world for €450. Although I got the 4gb ram and 320gd hd version. Great value imo

Comment

Originally posted by boba_fett3099 View Post
                                                                                        http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-a...33587-pdt.html

I got this last week in pc world for €450. Although I got the 4gb ram and 320gd hd version. Great value imo
                                                                                        If it'll be used for playing poker a lot that screen resolution is about as bad as it gets.

Comment

can anyone swap me boyles for a €30ukash

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                            If it'll be used for playing poker a lot that screen resolution is about as bad as it gets.
                                                                                            Meh. You could still 6 table with no overlap. More than I'll ever need

Comment

Apprentice Candidates are special cases

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                Apprentice Candidates are special cases
                                                                                                Shaping up to be a good one tongiht. They have all become such experts and trying to pin the blame on some sucker as early as possible in the task

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                  Meh. You could still 6 table with no overlap. More than I'll ever need
                                                                                                  My laptop is 1920 x 1200 and I can only just fit 6 tables on it?
                                                                                                  I just think if buying it for mainly poker then you should look for better res.

Comment

Looks like the Deise Beckenbaur could be leaving Utd Gutted if that happens

Comment

Samsung R540

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor Intel® Core™ i3-380M Dual Core (380M, 3MB Cache, 2.53 GHz)
                                                                                                      Screen 15.6" (Samsung SuperBright Gloss LED TFT, 1366 x 768 HD)
                                                                                                      Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit
                                                                                                      RAM 4GB (DDR3)
                                                                                                      Hard Drive 500GB
                                                                                                      Optical Drive DVD Rewriter (Records DVDs 8x & CDs 24x & Dual Layer Super Multi)
                                                                                                      Graphics Integrated (Intel® HD Graphics with up to 1274MB Shared Memory)
                                                                                                      Wireless LAN Wireless (802.11b/g/n Wireless)
                                                                                                      Network Card 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet
                                                                                                      Integrated Webcam Integrated Webcam with Microphone
                                                                                                      Card Reader 3-in-1 card reader (SD/SDHC,MMC)
                                                                                                      USB Ports 3x USB 2.0 ports
                                                                                                      Speakers Integrated Stereo Speakers
                                                                                                      VGA Port 1 External VGA Port
                                                                                                      Kensington Lock Kensington lock slot
                                                                                                      Charge Time 2.5 Hours
                                                                                                      HDMI 1x HDMI Port
                                                                                                      Warranty 12 Months Samsung Collect & Return Warranty
                                                                                                      Battery Life 2-3 Hours (up to 3 hours with power management)
                                                                                                      Weight 2-3 Kg (This Model 2.39 K

£350.

Comment

Fucking hell 6 quid in it!! Didnt Melody get an extra 10 quid for loading the yoke at the end, nicely done

Comment

Susan is a space cadet. She has to be the most useless candidate I've ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            eh?

Comment

going where?
                                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

[QUOTE=Frossach;339652]Samsung R540

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link not working for me. Got the R580 myself and have to say I'm very happy with it. Didn't even notice it was an LED screen in the specs before getting it. Best laptop screen I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                                  eh?
                                                                                                                  Desmond Beckenbauer is Franz'z brother and cheif scout at United.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                                    eh?
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                    going where?
                                                                                                                    Sunderland.

Wes, Gibbo and JOS for £12m.

Think we should be getting more for that 3 tbh if Sunderland are effectively valuing N'Gog at £7m

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                      Desmond Beckenbauer is Franz'z brother and cheif scout at United.
                                                                                                                      lolz

Comment

bargain for them imo
                                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Sunderland.

Wes, Gibbo and JOS for £12m.

Think we should be getting more for that 3 tbh if Sunderland are effectively valuing N'Gog at £7m
                                                                                                                          Think that's a bargain for those 3; edit FU Sligboi

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X