X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      What's the rental market like in Dulin atm - how likely am I to be able to get a place for ~3months?
      I was looking at a bunch of places in Rathmines/Ranalagh last week - a good few had "no minimum lease" iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        People in the tourist trade do but the english penetration is low otherwise. We're heading south in a few days so that will tell a lot. I'll do a trip report when I get back. I'm hoping to have elk or venison tonight and some scallops......
        Anyone with some good restaurant recommendations for Tallinn or Tartu would be most welcome. We have a traditional wedding to attend at the weekend so I'm hoping to get a real experience of the country and the people.
        Nice I havn't eaten elk but I imagine it would be lovely as I am a big fan of venison on the rare occasion I find it on a menu.
        not to sure what happened but when I was young it was all the rage and even remember my uncle farmed some deer back iin the late 90 or so. Used to see it quite a bit in scotland in burger form strangely enough

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          I just question the motives, as I have zero faith in the NZ sense of fairplay wrt this tournament.
          why? you hardly think they see Fiji as direct competition

they're just doing the right thing, difficult and all as that is to appreciate
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            The subject bar was my full name, yours?
            Yep.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Any else get one of these from info@accordclubthailand.com?

I haven't signed up for anything in a while and didn't click the link below. Google is no help but this didn't even go into my junk mail, and it's my main email address to boot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for registering at the James Cavoy Poker Club. Before we can activate your account you must do one last step to complete your registration. Once your account in activated it will sit in a queue for manual activation. This is normally done in 24 hours but on occasion can take a little longer.

Please note - you must complete this last step you need to do to become a registered member. You will only need to visit this URL once to activate your account.

To complete your registration, please visit this URL:

**** Does The Above URL Not Work? ****
              If the above URL does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:

Please be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you visit the URL.

All the best,
              James Cavoy Poker Club Forum

I don't think he even knows if he's James Cavoy or James McAvoy
              Ya, I got that as well. Makes no sense. Certainly not clicking the link anyhow.

Comment

Feel a bit left out that I didn't get one.

Comment

So, despite the points bonus, this year will see the lowest participation rate in Higher Maths in the history of the Leaving Certificate Exams. I don't know, I think we need to completely re - imagine education policy in the country. It needs to be an awful lot more utilitarian from Primary school right up to the way post graduate research is funded.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

People in the tourist trade do but the english penetration is low otherwise. We're heading south in a few days so that will tell a lot. I'll do a trip report when I get back. I'm hoping to have elk or venison tonight and some scallops......

Anyone with some good restaurant recommendations for Tallinn or Tartu would be most welcome. We have a traditional wedding to attend at the weekend so I'm hoping to get a real experience of the country and the people.
                    Was there for 3 weeks a couple of years ago. Tallinn is a really beautiful city. Go to the square where you have a wide range of restaurants, pubs etc. While you can take in all the Russian history, sights, buildings etc it did feel at the end that the scandinavian influence from being so close to Finland is most prevalent to where the country is going.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      So, despite the points bonus, this year will see the lowest participation rate in Higher Maths in the history of the Leaving Certificate Exams. I don't know, I think we need to completely re - imagine education policy in the country. It needs to be an awful lot more utilitarian from Primary school right up to the way post graduate research is funded.
                      I agree

let's start with re-imagining the Geography syllabus:

Lesson 1: Tallaght is not in Munster

Comment

For most people unless they're planning on doing a course that requires HL Maths it doesn't make sense to do the subject. Easier to just get an A1 with some rote learning.

Comment

Odds on Andy Carroll to get 10+ EPL goals next season lads?

Comment

been to Tallinn a few times, it's only a wee ferry trip from helsinki. This place made me LOL hearthily when I saw it 1st for obviosu reasons, it's in the middle of the old town.

Comment

I'd snap off anything higher than 2/1
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

odds-on surely assuming fit and well?

a 30m striker playing for a top-5 club after all

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  odds-on surely assuming fit and well?

a 30m striker playing for a top-5 club after all
                                  I was thinking evens was a good price if I could get it.

Obv "assuming fit and well" is part of the issue...

Comment

I would have thought the line would be maybe 16 or thereabouts

Comment

I would have thought the line would be maybe 16 or thereabouts

evens would be a great price, good luck getting it

Comment

If he is fit and well it's a 1/2 shot at best imo.

Comment

Comment

I think our higher maths course is fantastic. It prepares anyone who wants to go into a course reliant on maths much better than the UK equivilants. I studied in Edinburgh and the broad base I had gave me a big advantage over the other people on my course.

The way it is taught up to junior level could be a problem but one of my mates is a maths teacher and I was stunned when she told me about "discovery learning" an example of which was kids not learnig the times tables and instead discovering them somehow.

Ideas like this need to be thrown out quickly as maths unlike other subjects is much more a mindset that needs a foundation from early days. It is impossible to block learn for a A1 like so many other leaving cert subjects and this is why people favour doing other subjects for points. Apparently block learning entire text books and a set of notes is easier than learing some basic maths. For some this is of course true but for most it is as a result of poor teaching from a young age. Maths unlike most subjects requires what went before to build on. Without a good grasp of algebra from juniour cert most of the leaving cert course is a write off.

I helped my sister who was considering doing pass maths and mainly concentrated on the algebra side. Once it was straight in her head it was easy enough to whip through the other questions. In short the maths course for the leaving cert is one of the only ones that is up to the standard it should be. Perhaps forcing everyone to use Maths and A language as points scorers woudl balance this out and put a stop to people taking 9 subjects - 3 compullsorays at pass and 6 points scorers and than finding out that HE and geography in no way prepeare you for dentisitry

Comment

Comment

lol at Padraig on Twitter

Originally posted by @Padraig888
                                                Devilfishs 70th birthday party 8pm Hooters;All welcome if they bring a card with happy 60th on the front.

Comment

Mine and
                                                  From info@buakham.com

Googled it and this thread was first result!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                      we pretty much just need to invade Denmark for their ham and bacon to become the world sandwich overlords. Although we might have to strike a non-agression pact with a tomato producing nation to ensure steady supplies.
                                                      invade Spain, better ham and the tomato problem is solved as well

Comment

lol I've a garda car outside my house waiting for me to step outside whats my line

Comment

Thought this one was amusing.

@padraig888
                                                          Padraig Parkinson
                                                          Six handed holdem today.Working our way down to two faced;big entry expected for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                                            lol I've a garda car outside my house waiting for me to step outside whats my line
                                                            send the missus to the shop for tinned food, make sure Sky is paid, and enjoy the next 2 weeks in peace

Comment

we will never be able to compete against the

SPOILER

Comment

back door

Comment

point the end of a brush out the window, make shooting noises and shout "you'll never take me alive pigs" at them

then await developments

Comment

I can see Carroll getting a lot of injuries over the course of his career tbh. He always seemed to pick up niggly knocks when he was a Newcastle player, frequently missing 2-3 games quite often.

Wait and see who Liverpool bring in imo. If they bring in one or two quality wingers lump the loot on it. If not flip a coin to decide tbh.

Comment

Any else get one of these from info@accordclubthailand.com?

I haven't signed up for anything in a while and didn't click the link below. Google is no help but this didn't even go into my junk mail, and it's my main email address to boot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for registering at the James Cavoy Poker Club. Before we can activate your account you must do one last step to complete your registration. Once your account in activated it will sit in a queue for manual activation. This is normally done in 24 hours but on occasion can take a little longer.

Please note - you must complete this last step you need to do to become a registered member. You will only need to visit this URL once to activate your account.

To complete your registration, please visit this URL:

**** Does The Above URL Not Work? ****
                                                                      If the above URL does not work, please use your Web browser to go to:

Please be sure not to add extra spaces. You will need to type in your username and activation number on the page that appears when you visit the URL.

All the best,
                                                                      James Cavoy Poker Club Forum

I don't think he even knows if he's James Cavoy or James McAvoy
                                                                      Yeah I got this but mine was emailed from info@toyotaleaguecup.com. What the fuck?
                                                                      Yea, a WTF alright. Mine was from [info at upatune.com]. Really strange as they included my middle initial in the email salutation, which I never use when signing up to any site. Quite strange indeed.

Found this tho: http://blog.sucuri.net/2011/01/malwa...ate-co-cc.html

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                        send the missus to the shop for tinned food, make sure Sky is paid, and enjoy the next 2 weeks in peace
                                                                        I may allegedly have been stopped a few weeks ago for driving without a licence etc but still havint received a summons,

Last time I didnt show for a court date the cunts came & picked my up on the tuesday evening aswell, drove me to clover hill only to be brought back down to arklow for 9am the next morning.
                                                                        What a load of shit waste of money that must have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                          Yea, a WTF alright. Mine was from [info at upatune.com]. Really strange as they included my middle initial in the email salutation, which I never use when signing up to any site. Quite strange indeed.

Found this tho: http://blog.sucuri.net/2011/01/malwa...ate-co-cc.html
                                                                          I had actually gotten the exact same email & was in the process of writing a very abusive reply when I decided to check out the website it came from & it was a primary school so decided against the reply cause it obviously must have been made look like it came from there

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Having a wee bbv afternoon. Just read one or two posts with the words 're-imagine' in it. I guess O'Barmy would be proud that his words are now being used by the impressionable youth of the BBV. I've been chomping at the bit to use this in a sentence myself. I've re-imagined my feelings toward loliverpool and my previous feelings of hilarity are replaced by a real fear they might score more than 10 goals with a fully fit Andy Carroll on board. I've re-re-imagined since and now I think they'll fail to get top 4. Re-Imagine, embrace the word (subject to Kayroo grammar correction)

Comment

I may allegedly have been stopped a few weeks ago for driving without a licence etc but still havint received a summons,

Last time I didnt show for a court date the cunts came & picked my up on the tuesday evening aswell, drove me to clover hill only to be brought back down to arklow for 9am the next morning.
                                                                                  What a load of shit waste of money that must have been.
                                                                                  Driving without a license is the same thing as driving uninsured isn't it?
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbIlLmCID5g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

NSFW and pretty long, but loltastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      Having a wee bbv afternoon.
                                                                                      it's good to have you back sir

impress us with a tale of your doings since you had your tantrum

Comment

This is great.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRJSgCd2Ydk[/ame]
                                                                                        Last edited by The C Kid; 07-06-11, 15:43.

Comment

Having a wee bbv afternoon. Just read one or two posts with the words 're-imagine' in it. I guess O'Barmy would be proud that his words are now being used by the impressionable youth of the BBV. I've been chomping at the bit to use this in a sentence myself. I've re-imagined my feelings toward loliverpool and my previous feelings of hilarity are replaced by a real fear they might score more than 10 goals with a fully fit Andy Carroll on board. I've re-re-imagined since and now I think they'll fail to get top 4. Re-Imagine, embrace the word (subject to Kayroo grammar correction)
                                                                                          Post that anti-matter link from your facebook - great read.

Comment

Find a baseball bat and go postal on them.

Comment

Just back from seeing Senna in cinema. Documentary is superb and some emotional moments in it where I could feel a lump in the throat. Excellent stuff.

Comment

it's good to have you back sir

impress us with a tale of your doings since you had your tantrum
                                                                                                MInd your business Cunt. (only done two weeks of it so far, early days yet though so there is hope according to the baldy dope that is teaching me.)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  No technically you do not need a current license to hold insurance you only need to have held one in the past, not holding a valid one doesn't void your insurance

Anyway turns out they weren't looking for me at all

Comment

the impressionable youth of the BBV.
                                                                                                    Hey everybody, an old man is talking.

Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                      Just back from seeing Senna in cinema. Documentary is superb and some emotional moments in it where I could feel a lump in the throat. Excellent stuff.
                                                                                                      Yeah, serious manly tears were shed alright.

Comment

But they had the right place, a m8 is pretty drunk & he must have seen them following him so he drove into our back field. He just called to let me know he's left the car there & he walked home

Comment

the baldy dope that is teaching me
                                                                                                          that's no way to speak of Gimmeabreak

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                            I'm liking that song, well the first 2 mins.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5U4k6BIOgc[/ame]
                                                                                                            Last edited by RasTa; 07-06-11, 16:04.
                                                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

@donkathon is there any way you can rig the seat draw for the IPB game to have you sit beside Kayroo?
                                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                @donkathon is there any way you can rig the seat draw for the IPB game to have you sit beside Kayroo?
                                                                                                                lol why?

Comment

lol why?
                                                                                                                  Just think it would make for some interesting conversation...
                                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

that's no way to speak of Gimmeabreak

btw Tesco's are selling wine very cheap atm. two Faustino's Rjocas for the price of 1. now that is some re-imagining I like.

Here is that anti-matter article keane wanted me to post. See ye on the flipside (see what I did there) off for a 23k cycle .

Comment

btw Tesco's are selling wine very cheap atm. two Faustino's Rjocas for the price of 1. now that is some re-imagining I like.

Here is that anti-matter article keane wanted me to post. See ye on the flipside (see what I did there) off for a 23k cycle .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/8...ter-to-us.html
                                                                                                                      Read it, it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                                        I think our higher maths course is fantastic.
                                                                                                                        It was anyway. The redesigned maths course looks a lot easier (at a glance) than the old one was. Anecdotally 1st year students I was taking for maths tutorials had difficulties with some pretty basic stuff (though my sample size is small).

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Nope.

A) Carrying your driving licence isn't a condition of insurance (in any policy I have read)

B) You do not require a valid licence to get insurance. The stipulation is that you must have held a valid licence at some point.
                                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Read it, it's good.
                                                                                                                          Indeed I do love cheap wine

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X