This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
    Just won a 300 euro pot all in with bottom set on the flop 3 way all in and by the river I should have never been good but I was... Then get that in for a huge pot and lose.. Q10105 ds on a Q 7 5 rainbow he pots I repot he flats??turn Ace giving me a flushdraw with not too much behind loots go in he shows AQ86 rivers a 7..maybe I shouldn't have repopped the flop? 2 backdoor flushdraws 2 pair should I re pot this flop? WTF is he doing flatting the flop? Should I only be afraid of Q7 or 77?

TL/DR drunken yamaha fish
    fold flop

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Im confused.

Is A Citzen Erased not Mahony? Or are they different people? or what the hell is going on?
      Same chap

Comment

Just won a 300 euro pot all in with bottom set on the flop 3 way all in and by the river I should have never been good but I was... Then get that in for a huge pot and lose.. Q10105 ds on a Q 7 5 rainbow he pots I repot he flats??turn Ace giving me a flushdraw with not too much behind loots go in he shows AQ86 rivers a 7..maybe I shouldn't have repopped the flop? 2 backdoor flushdraws 2 pair should I re pot this flop? WTF is he doing flatting the flop? Should I only be afraid of Q7 or 77?

Your hand was like middle pair in holdem on the flop

Comment

Im confused.

Is A Citzen Erased not Mahony? Or are they different people? or what the hell is going on?
          Yup, same guy.
          there is antoher poster that has a name similar to Mahoney though,
          Last edited by Mellor; 07-06-11, 01:19.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
            Same chap
            Is he posting under two accounts at the same time then? or is there another Mahony floating about?
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

There is a Maloney afaik

Mahony became CitizenErazed

Comment

Dunno if this has been posted, looks interesting.

JJ Abrams producing so i have high hopes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_jAlFqvASU[/ame]
                Last edited by Starvin Marvin; 07-06-11, 01:28.
                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Makes sense.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

just catching up on BBV, In relation to the celtic poker thing, let's not forget they gave a ticket to the northern irish poker open free forIPB members in the last longest.....

I have no doubt it wasn't intentional by them....
                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Can someone randomise the numbers 1-16 for me please. ty

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        Can someone randomise the numbers 1-16 for me please. ty

Comment

tyty

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                            anyone want to swap 250 on moneybookers for 250 on neteller?
                            anyone?

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear I wanted 250 on neteller, and could ship 250 on moneybookers, or stars actually.
                            Last edited by cardshark202; 07-06-11, 02:12.

Comment

Next round of the draw I'm guessing,

Comment

Is the Hangover 2 worth a trip to the cinema, not a lot out at the moment, but its between that and Pirates 4 and Super 8

Comment

Anybody recommend any interesting websites for me? Im in work and have nothing to do, quiet week.

Anything at all? just something with a bit of reading in it.

Comment

Anybody recommend any interesting websites for me? Im in work and have nothing to do, quiet week.

Anything at all? just something with a bit of reading in it.
                                    Ted Talks man.

Or else download pale blue dot or something.

Comment

I have no idea what that post means Keane.

Cant download anything though as Big Brother is watching.

"The kids these days, they dont know what the jaaazzzz is all about. With their hipping and their hoppin..."

Comment

Handy website.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Googled Ted Talks. Will defo be looking at it when I get home. Unfortunately, I cant listen to anything here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                            .org...

Why dont I trust you?

Comment

Hi

Comment

Sweating no more goals in the Jamaica v Grenada match, Grenada are dire defensively.
                                                lol, 20 yard shot just hit the upright and bounced down onto the line.
                                                This will never get through...

Edit: Damn you Jamaica.

.org...

Why dont I trust you?
                                                I don't know why.
                                                I am trustworthy.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                Hi
                                                Hi.
                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 07-06-11, 02:45.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I don't know why.
                                                  I am trustworthy.
                                                  Googled it. Pretty cool. Doesnt really help with the boredom though.

Chronically overstaffed here.

Actually get this, I witnessed some rather strange behaviour today in the office jacks.

I was happy out sitting on my throne, its my nature to be quite quiet when dropping the kids off at the pool, I get embarassed when I hear others scatter gunning the bowl so Im loath to even make a kerplunk sound myself BUT these Ozzies...

There I am ,sitting in the middle cubicle of 3, happy out, enjoying some quiet time and catching up on the next level of Angry Birds and I hear someone come into the toilets. He takes up a position in the jacks to my right. I never really pick the middle one because in situations like this, you are guaranteed to have someone in the cubicle directly beside you. At least taking one of the extremes means you can only be accosted from one side. Anyway all is quiet. Then 30 seconds later I hear someone enter again. He saddles up in the cubicle to my left.

"Ken?" "That you Brett?" "Yeah, mate" The two boys start a full blown conversation about how Collingwood are a much better side with Krakour than without him. Not only are they conversing as freely as any random saturday night in the pub but their sentences are interrupted with short silences and punctuated with kerplunks.

Genuinely weird behaviour from the ozzies imo. I dont know if they knew I was there or whatever but I didnt leave until they did for fear of having an awkward hand washing moment.

Comment

I never talk shite to the big white telephone unless it's my own.

Comment

After 39 minutes of the Ukraine v France match, over 2.5 goals was trading at 7.2, is that typical? Seemed very high.

It's 1-1 in the match now and it's trading at 1.77.
                                                      If you watched the first 40 minutes it would make more sense - neither side were showing any ambition whatsoever.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Morning. T-29 mins until bacon sandwich.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                          I never talk shite to the big white telephone unless it's my own.
                                                          Unfortunately you can't go through life like that!
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

for the 'should I buy a gaff?' brigade:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What's going on to drive the prices up in France?
                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                  What's going on to drive the prices up in France?
                                                                  Dominique Strauss-Kahn is paying off every woman he's ever molested with an apartment?

Comment

Comment

02 screwed the brother while he was over in france, so he has started a thread here about it. so he asked me to see if any of ye would throw yere shoulder to the wheel and give him a bit of support, not to sure if it is going to do anything.

warning:
                                                                      he does feel passionate about this, so i guess it is prime trolling territory

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                        Hope everything is going okay on the home front!

Do you have a personal rule for when Irish houses would be worth buying? Serious question btw - there has to come a point when they actually will be worth buying, just wondering if you have a rule for when that would be.
                                                                        define 'worth buying' though; do you mean as an investment or as a home?

because those are two very different things (although pretty much the entire population confused the two for a decade or so)

I already have a home so if I was buying as an investment, I'd be looking for super-high yields to cover all the attendant risks associated with Ireland the country and Irish property, the asset class. Like 15%+.

If I was hypothetically buying as a home, I'd rent a nice place and happily watch prices continue to fall, which they will. Probably half of current levels is where they'll settle which would put us nicely in line with Morgan Kelly's original prediction.

Comment

Comment

^^^ yeah, meant for buying as a home

Do you really think that V for Vendetta would get the place he posted last week for half price at circa €70k if he waited a bit? Seems awfully low, es,pecially considering that a household of two uni educated people would be easily pulling in €70k by their early 30s. Bear in mind, I'd be more than happy for this to happen as a non-homeowner, but it almost seems too cheap. Fingers crossed etc!
                                                                            'too cheap' is an interesting concept

compared to what?
                                                                            what does rural holiday property sell for in other small, bankrupt nations?

try asking a different question; what could possibly increase the price of property here in the next twenty years? (in real terms)

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                              02 screwed the brother while he was over in france, so he has started a thread here about it. so he asked me to see if any of ye would throw yere shoulder to the wheel and give him a bit of support, not to sure if it is going to do anything.

warning:
                                                                              he does feel passionate about this, so i guess it is prime trolling territory
                                                                              €1 a mb is low on the potential charges for going over the limit. Harsh, but it's what he agreed to when he bought the data roaming package, and can't see much leeway for him with the company.
                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                If I was hypothetically buying as a home, I'd rent a nice place and happily watch prices continue to fall, which they will. Probably half of current levels is where they'll settle which would put us nicely in line with Morgan Kelly's original prediction.
                                                                                My Iona Road pipedream could take a long fucking time, maybe a crime spree in the area will help prices to fall?

Comment

Chances are house prices in donabate will drop a little after yesterdays shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                    My Iona Road pipedream could take a long fucking time, maybe a crime spree in the area will help prices to fall?
                                                                                    maybe some muscle-bound martial arts devotee could take to terrorising the neighbourhood?

hypothetically of course

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                          €1 a mb is low on the potential charges for going over the limit. Harsh, but it's what he agreed to when he bought the data roaming package, and can't see much leeway for him with the company.
                                                                                          Yeah Vodafone charge €1.21 per mb for roaming and their roaming package is €55 for 500mb for a month. I was only looking at their roaming package the other day because we have a pay as you go stick, and it's €14.50 per day with a 50mb limit.

I think three are the same and charge 99c per 1mb over the limit AFAIR

Comment

Outside of lower-skill jobs and Irish banks the country is booming.
                                                                                            I read this sentence and decided you have clearly taken to the drugs again

Comment

Anyway, Namawinelake (probably the best blogger out there on matters financial) has a good post on Irish house prices today.

Have a read.

Comment

^^^ yeah, meant for buying as a home

Do you really think that V for Vendetta would get the place he posted last week for half price at circa €70k if he waited a bit? Seems awfully low, es,pecially considering that a household of two uni educated people would be easily pulling in €70k by their early 30s. Bear in mind, I'd be more than happy for this to happen as a non-homeowner, but it almost seems too cheap. Fingers crossed etc!
                                                                                                Back when the Ireland was a sensible place was this not the right level for buying a property. Following the purchase and the wedding kids would arrive and one of the couple would go into the full time childminding business. Plus interest rates will jump again soon so the actual cost of a €70k mortgage is obv a lot more than €70k and all that. Tack on the increased taxes and reduction in tax relief and dont worry the figure will rise significantly.

Dont worry Hitch you will be able to pay the same amount per month for your new gaff just that the resale price will be much less. This is what I have condensed the entire property situation down to at the moment. Could be incorrect as I dont want to do the maths as I am happy to rent. I may want to leave the country so buying a place seems foolish.
                                                                                                Last edited by RichieM; 07-06-11, 11:59.

Comment

Purely talking about Dublin here, but as we become cheaper and cheaper property-wise, with the same well-educated workforce and low tax rate we'll become very attractive as a choice compared to the stifling costs of London - lower property prices and rents will mean lower wages can be offered without a reduction in disposable income.

Bear in mind the hedge fund industry in Dublin increased jobs by about 1,000 last year, and hedge fund inflows have never been better. Outside of lower-skill jobs and Irish banks the country is booming. Getting tourism back on track will mop up some of the lower-skill unemployment, plus reducing unemployment benefit to encourage emigration. Job done.
                                                                                                  this is important, when I was home recently, I realised that there were a serious number of people who got their degree and got the hell out.

Of the 31 that did my course, I know that 19 are not in Ireland anymore.

The most educated are likely logical, and therefore see that there are far more opportunities abroad than at home. This brain drain is a lethal element to the economy. Students and recent graduates are the most mobile of all labour.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 07-06-11, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                    I may want to leave the country so buying a place seems foolish.
                                                                                                    the two things are not inimical to each other

it just depends on your attitude to morality

Comment

just.awful.
                                                                                                      fold flop, fold preflop if you can
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        just.awful.
                                                                                                        fold flop, fold preflop if you can
                                                                                                        +1

Also have you seen the new demo for Battlefield 3?? Looks epic

Comment

Originally posted by TomD
                                                                                                          - The availability of credit
                                                                                                          - Striking oil in the Irish Sea which funds the country for eternity
                                                                                                          -
                                                                                                          well we know that one of those things is gone for pretty much ever

so that leaves Texas Tea

Comment

I guess we could sink a large portion of our country. I would suggest Muster and let supply and demand take care of the rest. Appart from that I think it is best we let them fall for the next few years anyway untill we hit the correct prices relative to our economic situation (really low).

Is there any benifit to be have in property rising once you get past the individual case where everyone wants there place to be more valuable cause we like money but couldn't really give a fuck about anyone elses.

I think that everyting should be done to push prices right to the bottom now so that we can restrucure the mass default on mortages and let eveyone get on with their lives.
                                                                                                            My plan would be to forgive everyones mortgage without bankruptcy and allow them to stay on paying rent each month to the govt\bank (same thing in most cases). If people further down the line wish to buy a house its fine but they must pay back what the penalties and missed payments predefault before they can be considered for a loan or qualify to buy. No such thing as complete forgivness and allowing people to just keep the super priced gaffs as this will cause a new property boom as soon as the debts are restructured. Turn us into a mainly rental nation which seems to work in Europe fine and if people want to go back to buying in the future it will make sure that they can actually afford it this time.

Comment

the two things are not inimical to each other

it just depends on your attitude to morality
                                                                                                              Lol I may also want to come back.

Comment

Former daredevil Eddie Kidd has spent the past two months completing what his wife has described as his greatest feat yet - the London Marathon.
                                                                                                                Former daredevil Eddie Kidd has spent the past two months completing what is described as his greatest feat yet - the London Marathon.
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

well we know that one of those things is gone for pretty much ever

so that leaves Texas Tea
                                                                                                                  What ever happened to all the gold under croagh patrick.

Comment

...

Comment

€80 well spent imo

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                                        Lol I may also want to come back.
                                                                                                                        that would not be a problem necessarily

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                                          Jaysus, in the fitz, haven't played here in a while, place is fullk to rafters, 42 for the tournament, 100 omaha game on, 4 cash games, load of chinese going mental on the puntobanco table, full table at the brag, and you can barely see the roulette table with the crowd, fitz is still going strong

Obviously written by a fitz shill.

Ship the €400 profit in the cash game and martin winning the tournament, well worth the petrol money
                                                                                                                          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X