This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Dublin is a lot Better than Finkel thinks.
    Its really not

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      Not tonight Josephine, have American Psycho and a couple of hotdogs ready to go.
      SNAP. Ribs >>> Hotdogs though

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        You two bitches wanna get a home game going?
        i cant either, himself is home for the weekend, and he is just gone up to warm the bed

its been 4 weeks like ffs
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          You two bitches wanna get a home game going?
          forget to mention, i was playing cards with your dear dad the other night and out of the blue he says" michelle can i ask ya something?" i say "ya tom fire away"

he says " do women still wear thongs or are they gone out of fashion now"

fuckin gas man!!!!!

i told him ya not in fashion any more, i dont wear any hahahaha he actually thought i was serious
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
            i cant either, himself is home for the weekend, and he is just gone up to warm the bed

its been 4 weeks like ffs

Comment

Watching a BBC movie review show. Jesus cinema is fucked! Look at the top 5 box office.

1 (1) The Hangover 2
              2 (2) Kung Fu Panda 2
              3 (3) Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
              4 (4) Bridesmaids
              5 (5) Thor

On the plus side Apocalypse Now is getting a cinema re-release.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                Watching a BBC movie review show. Jesus cinema is fucked! Look at the top 5 box office.

1 (1) The Hangover 2
                2 (2) Kung Fu Panda 2
                4 (4) Bridesmaids
                5 (5) Thor

Opr
                Leave Thor out of it, great fun! People should be going to see Win Win, quality film out now.

I think IFI are showing apocalypse now this week?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  Leave Thor out of it, great fun! People should be going to see Win Win, quality film out now.

Win Win is top of my list of stuff to see, loved his first couple of films. No idea where it is playing but would love to see it on the big screen.

Just watched 'Cedar Rapids'. Its not great but Isiah Whitlock the shiiiiiiiit guy from The Wire is deadly in it.

Opr

Comment

There was a one off screening of Alien tonight at the screen, aliens is on in two weeks I think

Comment

As it turns out Copa Del Rey wasn't actually damaged that badly when Ramos dropped it under the bus.

SPOILER

Comment

forget to mention, i was playing cards with your dear dad the other night and out of the blue he says" michelle can i ask ya something?" i say "ya tom fire away"

he says " do women still wear thongs or are they gone out of fashion now"

fuckin gas man!!!!!

i told him ya not in fashion any more, i dont wear any hahahaha he actually thought i was serious
                        lol, the man's a spacer
                        Last edited by Lazare; 02-06-11, 23:53.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

is that her tee shirt, its brill!!!

DONE
                          Thanks. She's pretty handy all right!

Comment

Win Win is top of my list of stuff to see, loved his first couple of films. No idea where it is playing but would love to see it on the big screen.

Just watched 'Cedar Rapids'. Its not great but Isiah Whitlock the shiiiiiiiit guy from The Wire is deadly in it.

Opr
                            Just finished it about 30 mins ago....looking forward to the sequal !!

It wasnt terrible, wanst brillient, but i enjoyed it, red head was very OK, liked the nod to HBO's award winning drama The Wire.....he should have said IT though !!

Watching Priest now...for my sins.......
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                              Not allowed transfer tickets unfortunately as far as i know.

"Can a player nominate another person to play the event on their behalf?

No, the registered player must personally play the event
                              "
                              Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                              i ve just been talking to support and they said they couldnt give me the cash for it but i can transfer it to another player.
                              Sell the ticket and send Uncle Ciaran a PM and he will sort the transfer.

Comment

Downloading Cedar Rapids now so, this 5 min wait is killing me

Comment

Downloading Cedar Rapids now so, this 5 min wait is killing me
                                  John C is verey good in it.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Thats Maebe from Arrested Devl, she seems to have grown up. Love the chap from The Office should be good

Comment

I've been listening to the audio book of Confederacy of Dunces and 2 and a bit hours in I think it's completely awful.

Comment

ill sell it for €150 and 10% of the person very fair imo
                                        €135+10% or 150+5% or 165+0%
                                        Total life earnings: $31,595. Latest cash: $1,289 on 12-Oct-2012. Click here to see the details of William Walsh's 7 cashes.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          I've been listening to the audio book of Confederacy of Dunces and 2 and a bit hours in I think it's completely awful.
                                          Waiting for the good part ?

20 mins would be my cut off.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

yes!
                                            thats 80e cheaper than @ christmas N1

ill sell it for €150 and 10% of the person very fair imo
                                            Booked I'll sort out the transfer tomorrow, I'm sure boyles will be ok to transfer name

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                              Waiting for the good part ?

20 mins would be my cut off.
                                              That has been in about 4 stints of listening to around half an hour at a time. I'm done with it now though because it's very poorly written, boring, and not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                thats 80e cheaper than @ christmas N1

Booked I'll sort out the transfer tomorrow, I'm sure boyles will be ok to transfer name
                                                its all urs dude
                                                cheers
                                                john

Comment

Opr
                                                  Really enjoyed that. NTS Baby. The Wire references were brilliant

Comment

Taxi driver drove like a boss, five minutes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHy7DGLTt8g[/ame]
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

This is for SHD

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgvRfmo8Ock[/ame]
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I just watched Dazed and Confused as a result of watching an interview with Tarantino, which came from the movie draft. He said it was one of his favourite films. The only thing that really struck me about it was Jennifer Tilly playing a highschooler. I looked it up. She was 34 when that was made. And she easily passed for 17.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                          Taxi driver drove like a boss, five minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHy7DGLTt8g
                                                          No sign of racism from you even thou he was "one of those"

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            No sign of racism from you even thou he was "one of those"
                                                            It's true, he was a taxi driver.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              I just watched Dazed and Confused as a result of watching an interview with Tarantino, which came from the movie draft. He said it was one of his favourite films. The only thing that really struck me about it was Jennifer Tilly playing a highschooler. I looked it up. She was 34 when that was made. And she easily passed for 17.
                                                              Jennifer Tilly wasn't in Dazed and Confused according to her IMDB

Comment

Just won a live STT in the Venetian to snag $500 in tournie credits and $70 in cash, nice prep for the $550 event I'm playing here on Saturday Selling % if anyone's interested: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...d.php?p=335497

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                  Jennifer Tilly wasn't in Dazed and Confused according to her IMDB
                                                                  Huh. Just checked it out. Turns out there's another girl who looks like her and talks like her. I've always thought they were the same person!
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Checkin like a boss

Comment

2nd in the 12.5k on Stars for 1600. Had the other guy allin 4 times and couldnt finish him off

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        Do many people listen to audio books? I tried once but couldnt. I find reading to be much more relaxing and rewarding.

I've probably 'a confed' about four or five times in the past few years. Its a work of comic genius.

Comment

Gil Scott Heron was the voice of the "You know when you've been Tango'd" ad campaign.
                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

its all urs dude
                                                                            cheers
                                                                            john
                                                                            pm me your boyles id and email

cheers

Comment

Backed the Western Force with a handicap start earlier and they won, now I have the Stormers to win by 15 or more. This team is set up to destroy the Rebels, they are stronger everywhere the Rebels are strong and better in their weaker positions than the Rebels in those positions. All set up for a thumping imo. Schalk Burger is the key to this game, can't believe the guy is only 28, feels like he has been around for a long, long time.
                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                pm me your boyles id and email

cheers
                                                                                pm sent will u pm me urs aswell so i can get it changed for ye.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                    Schalk Burger is the key to this game, can't believe the guy is only 28, feels like he has been around for a long, long time.
                                                                                    He is pure, unadulterated scum though

Comment

Another night another little scoop, decided to hit the SE at the last minute when my broadband went tits up last night.

Straight chop 4 ways with us all getting a little under 2nd place money, sweet delighted as it will also go towards my new camera and its good to have a back to back cash, as you all know its been awhile

Will nearly always deal and especially when its in my favour its a big bonus

SHD made a rare live trip out last night I thought it was prep for next week but turns out he thought it was weeks away I was only saying I had never played poker with him before but only lasts about 2/3 hands before he gets it in good and comes out the wrong side of a bad suckout!

No poker revival for me but was good banter last night

Comment

There isnt as much buzz around the Dublin football team this year - Looks like Leinster have stolen their thunder

Comment

...

Comment

we're all winner pickers at heart, they win one game, they get more fans, they win another game they get more fans etc etc

Success breeds fans, the "hardcore" stick around through thick and thin, but the "seasonal" fans pay the same for merchandise and tickets, so are just as important.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                              Hey, can get a HTC Desire for free under contract renewal, or pay £100 and get the HTC Desire HD. Is it worth the extra £100? (given that i've far more important things to do with the money, but do like my gadgets)
                                                                                              No get the free one, I've heard some bad reports on the HD version.
                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                There isnt as much buzz around the Dublin football team this year - Looks like Leinster have stolen their thunder
                                                                                                Yeah, after last years packed houses for all our Leinster Championship and qualifier games this year has been much more subdued.

I think the Championship has been a bit subdued overall to be honest. This probably isn't helped by the fact that nobody can see past Cork winning it at the moment.
                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

1 (1) The Hangover 2
                                                                                                  2 (2) Kung Fu Panda 2
                                                                                                  4 (4) Bridesmaids
                                                                                                  5 (5) Thor

Opr

Cineworld are showing it on Tuesday.

Comment

EDIT: lol way too late

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                      No get the free one, I've heard some bad reports on the HD version.
                                                                                                      I've the hd and it's the stone cold nuts to be honest. I'd pay the extra if you think you'd get use out of the bigger screen and slightly more powerful specs like better camera and faster phone. Also, given it's newer and more powerful I suspect htc will continue to update it for longer than the original desire so it's probably more 'future proof' although htc seem very good for continuing to support old phones in general.
                                                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I'm in a bit of a job application dilemma at the moment.

A few weeks ago I sent an e-mail to a guy who runs a summer school two minutes from my house looking for a teaching job for July. My mate worked for him last summer and he'd already mentioned his name to me. I obviously gave him the whole spiel about why I'm perfect for the job etc. and sent him my CV.

He then got back to me saying 'I have work, do you have Skype?' (Because the job's in Dublin and I live in Madrid I can't go for a face-to-face interview.) I told him I didn't but that I'd set one up and give him the contact info when I did. He said 'Ok, talk to you next week.'

I set it up and sent him an e-mail asking him if he wanted to schedule a time for a chat. I haven't heard from him since and that was three weeks ago. I need to know if he's giving me a job or not sharpish so I'm going to fire off an e-mail, but I'm not sure what line to take.

Should I be blunt and straight out ask him what is going on or be more gentle and remind him what times I'm free for a chat.

Obviously I'll make sure to mention I'm a pretty big deal on the internet. Actually this reminds me of another twist, my two Italian cousins are coming over to do a language course. My mother rang the guy in question asking about his school but he wouldn't know the connection between us because we have different surnames.

Should I casually drop this into the e-mail, with the implication being don't give me the job and my cousins and their cash goes elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                          I've the hd and it's the stone cold nuts to be honest. I'd pay the extra if you think you'd get use out of the bigger screen and slightly more powerful specs like better camera and faster phone. Also, given it's newer and more powerful I suspect htc will continue to update it for longer than the original desire so it's probably more 'future proof' although htc seem very good for continuing to support old phones in general.
                                                                                                          I still don't think the difference is enough to warrant a £100 quid spend. Isn't there a new one coming out soon?
                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

So Fallon allowed to ride Recital tomorrow. It was always a bit of an ambitous effort from the Native Kahn owners tbh. They've a better jockey on board now anyway.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Watched game 2 last night of Heat v Mavs, fairly easy win for Heat, up 11 and cruising with 8 mins to go so i headed to bed.

Got a text this morning from my mate to say some finish. Just watched the rest, Heat up 15 with 6 20 to go, Dallas come back, Dirk hits last 9 points to win by 2. One of the greatest comebacks ever in a finals game. All square at 1 1 and back to Dallas on Sunday. This is going to be some series.

Comment

Had never seen the Bear Grylls "better drink my own piss" meme till yesterday some of them are good

More this Way

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good physio/doctor in Dublin to treat a neck injury?? (Southside preferrably)

Am going to a physio at the moment but ive reached the conclusion hes a complete clown,should have been a vet imo

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                                    I'm in a bit of a job application dilemma at the moment.

A few weeks ago I sent an e-mail to a guy who runs a summer school two minutes from my house looking for a teaching job for July. My mate worked for him last summer and he'd already mentioned his name to me. I obviously gave him the whole spiel about why I'm perfect for the job etc. and sent him my CV.

He then got back to me saying 'I have work, do you have Skype?' (Because the job's in Dublin and I live in Madrid I can't go for a face-to-face interview.) I told him I didn't but that I'd set one up and give him the contact info when I did. He said 'Ok, talk to you next week.'

I set it up and sent him an e-mail asking him if he wanted to schedule a time for a chat. I haven't heard from him since and that was three weeks ago. I need to know if he's giving me a job or not sharpish so I'm going to fire off an e-mail, but I'm not sure what line to take.

Should I be blunt and straight out ask him what is going on or be more gentle and remind him what times I'm free for a chat.

Obviously I'll make sure to mention I'm a pretty big deal on the internet. Actually this reminds me of another twist, my two Italian cousins are coming over to do a language course. My mother rang the guy in question asking about his school but he wouldn't know the connection between us because we have different surnames.

Should I casually drop this into the e-mail, with the implication being don't give me the job and my cousins and their cash goes elsewhere?
                                                                                                                    Take a reasonable but strict line: Hey I'm ready to go but I have other offers, what exactly are you looking for what are the terms etc.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Internet memes are funny for all of 4 seconds imo. They get absolutely overdone.

As a man who takes a steak medium rare, it pains me to see the blood sucked out of a joke just as much!

Feel like going to the beach? Listen to Jimi first

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZywxsJtkw3A[/ame]
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 03-06-11, 12:10.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X