This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
    I'd be pretty confident that this is a result of legal advice because of new things that got exposed last night and today, and not a personal decision by Ivey.
    what were these champ?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
      Nor would Neil Prendeville
      Ha was thinking of that alrite
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        what were these champ?
        The things outlined in the summary posted by Opr about 30 posts above. Basically Full Tilt are in even bigger shit than initially thought and Ivey, as a major shareholder, is probably nervous about the outcome, not financially but in terms of his association with everything that went on.

Comment

I'd be pretty confident that this is a result of legal advice because of new things that got exposed last night and today, and not a personal decision by Ivey.
          What new things came out?

I actually busted my FTP account last night and didn't feel to bad about it either!!

Comment

The things outlined in the summary posted by Opr about 30 posts above. Basically Full Tilt are in even bigger shit than initially thought and Ivey, as a major shareholder, is probably nervous about the outcome, not financially but in terms of his association with everything that went on.
            they wouldn't seem to be that germane to the Feds investigations though?

obviously bad for FT (and by extension Ivey) reputationally but doesn't affect the UIGEA action as far as I can see (but then I haven't taken a look at the 2+2 thread)

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              Hello cunt.

Chelsea are the best. We do things like this, Chants > trophies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pACI9...layer_embedded
              It's Phil though, not Gary.
              Phil - meh, Gary - cunt.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

they wouldn't seem to be that germane to the Feds investigations though?

obviously bad for FT (and by extension Ivey) reputationally but doesn't affect the UIGEA action as far as I can see (but then I haven't taken a look at the 2+2 thread)
                I just find it very hard to believe that Ivey would sacrifice the potential earnings and bracelets out of sympathy and compassion for all those Americans with a few k in their accounts that haven't got paid yet.

Comment

Local bookies was robbed this morning by some dude with an axe.

In a yet to be confirmed rumour (was just told by a local in the taxi so likely to be true but not 100%) said assailant has since returned and placed some wagers in same establishment.

Edit: and captured obv
                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 01-06-11, 13:15.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                    Sitting in dublin airport now dreading flying to bulgaria. I took xanax going to turkey last week but it wasnt great.

Is having 4 or 5 pints and the tablet very dodgy? I obv know the doctor wont recommend it.
                    Imagine you have Leonardo DaVinci sitting beside you and you get to explain top him what this machine is, how it works and that you are 5000 times less likely to die in it than you were in the taxi on the way to the airport. Grab a window seat and enjoy the view.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This stuff is the nuts.
                      Tesco doubled the price a couple of months ago to €1.65 a tin but its still great value.

Comment

I just find it very hard to believe that Ivey would sacrifice the potential earnings and bracelets out of sympathy and compassion for all those Americans with a few k in their accounts that haven't got paid yet.
                        Or else the chap just really does have the courage of his convictions and his good name is important to him.

Comment

agreed, I'm just not seeing why the developments that Opr linked to at FT would make any difference to him playing the WSOP?

Comment

He's just another ElBusto degen. His life roll is tied up in FT and he can't afford the buy ins never mind the props. Ergo the cool plan to save face

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Imagine you have Leonardo DaVinci sitting beside you and you get to explain top him what this machine is, how it works and that you are 5000 times less likely to die in it than you were in the taxi on the way to the airport. Grab a window seat and enjoy the view.
                              Ha valid point ! I read during the week the odds of dying in an airplane was 20,000/1 ( surely wrong )

On a side note seems brent pope is off to bulgaria .
                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

He's just another ElBusto degen. His life roll is tied up in FT and he can't afford the buy ins never mind the props. Ergo the cool plan to save face
                                I wish I was as busto as Phil Ivey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                  Or else the chap just really does have the courage of his convictions and his good name is important to him.
                                  Don't get me wrong, I have immense respect for Ivey and I'd like to think you may be right, but I just can't see it.
                                  agreed, I'm just not seeing why the developments that Opr linked to at FT would make any difference to him playing the WSOP?
                                  I dunno, I agree with you I guess but I just can't think he'd do it out of the goodness of his heart. He didn't get to where he is today by portraying himself as a modern day Robin Hood.

Comment

He didn't get to where he is today by portraying himself as a modern day Robin Hood.
                                    yeah which is why something is either not right here (maybe he is busto? ) or else he's really genuine.

Comment

envelope full of fifties in the right hands could also work wonders
                                      Its scotland 5's or 10's will do. It's not like Ireland where unless its €10k its not worth the envelope.

Comment

What's the best website for booking cheap flights to the US, preferably New York? The cheapest I've found so far is Aer Lingus Dublin-New York, but are there generally cheaper flights from London/anywhere else in the UK? Cheers

Comment

skyscanner.net

kayak.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            skyscanner.net

kayak.co.uk
                                            momondo.com

Comment

This stuff is the nuts.
                                              Tesco doubled the price a couple of months ago to €1.65 a tin but its still great value.

You are a man of sophisticated tastes.

I think that is a bit of a misrepresentation. He may be 5000 times more likely to die over a typical lifetime of car travel vs a typical lifetime of air travel, but not the journey to the airport vs a single flight.

Have tried to find accurate stats on the safety of various methods of transport before, they vary greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                You are a man of sophisticated tastes.

I think that is a bit of a misrepresentation. He may be 5000 times more likely to die over a typical lifetime of car travel vs a typical lifetime of air travel, but not the journey to the airport vs a single flight.

Have tried to find accurate stats on the safety of various methods of transport before, they vary greatly.
                                                Ah ya help the confidence !!!! Least the mix of drugs and alcohol has me some bit at ease not sure if il have the same ease when that bit of pull comes on take off.
                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                  Ah ya help the confidence !!!! Least the mix of drugs and alcohol has me some bit at ease not sure if il have the same ease when that bit of pull comes on take off.
                                                  lol. Sorry. You're going to be fine though. Have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post

Boom, a la the "women have less accidents than men" story.

(over the course of a year of time correct, but a year's worth of driving for a man is more time and exposure to accidents than a woman's)

Still though, I'm bad with heights but aeroplanes are fairly softcore, you're on the equivalent of a 3D bus where the driver has had years of training with no next to no traffic.

Comment

Emmet, I want you to take me on some of your 2d buses.
                                                      I'll keep an eye out in town, I imagine they are just numbered 2d?

Comment

Tipp watch your fear interestedly. Pay attention to where it begins in your body and notice where it travels and what it feels like. All the while tell yourself that your body is just having a fear reaction but that nothing bad will come of that reaction.

The point of that is that the relationship between our thoughts and physiological reactions are circular. The physical reactions naturally make us think "Oh sh1t something really threatening must be going on", but if you just keep reminding yourself that it is only a physical fear reaction and there isn't really a threat then you gain some cognitive distance from the reaction and it will dissipate.

Or take 5 Xanaxs and another 3 pints. It's all good

Comment

Had an idea of running fear of flying courses with a mate (AL pilot) but someone got in before me. They're ridic expensive though.

Comment

Great last advice signing off hotspur now il try put that into practice. Belted up ready for take off better turn this off dont want to be the cause of an incident.
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

@Flushdraw

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys0cmMiW6bI[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS65yyw-zec&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Those Bombay Potato tins are very sophisticated. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Comment

Just over in the humour section in the old place seems the 19 leagues versus 5 euro's has spilled into there too.

Muppets http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...6283688&page=2

Comment

Possibly the worst ever F1 accident

Button seriously injured

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTYl3wFhk&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTYl3wFhk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          Had an idea of running fear of flying courses with a mate (AL pilot) but someone got in before me. They're ridic expensive though.
                                                                          still do it!

Theres always going to be some1 else doing these sort of things. Your bottom line should speak for you. Offer a quality product with a competitive price and you'll be surprised how quickly you'll eat into their profit if done correctly.

Selling it through adventure weekends and then the city deal/living social sites and you should get a decent uptake on it minus any serious expenditure in advertising
                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

I know how you feel Tipp. Bit of a weird one for me as I was always ok flying, but the last time I did it was a bit of a nightmare for me. Couldn't help feeling that the plane was going to crash etc. It won't put me off flying ever again, I just want to be prepared for the same again.

Comment

Another fine scene with Cager

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kknXBbnppzA&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                no way you could open up a second course and charge less, this would be completely unethical

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Just back from doing passport application, whole system is retarded. Went to Clondalkin garda station to get form, they didnt have it. Went and got it in library, filled it out and back to station. Garda about to stamp it and them tells me she cant cos my address is not Clondalkin garda jurisdiction despite my address being Dub 22. Tells me Tallaght or Rathcoole and eventually finds out its Tallaght. Up there wait for 20 mins, get it stamped and sorted.

Into passport office in town, wait 60 mins before up to counter which was grand. Hottie at the desk was a bonus. You have to put payment details on top of form, put in laser and 80 quid as it is the cost of passport. She gives me a receipt and tells me to pay it at another desk!! wtf are the details for so. receipt she gives me is for 95?? Apparently they put on a 15 euro processing fee which is laughable. Its cheaper thru the post than actually going in to do it. Pay the woman the money and ask her about the laser details I've put on form, ah sure we just block that out! Efficient processes we have in Ireland

Comment

Is this real http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wayne-Rooney-p...#ht_500wt_1156
                                                                                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                      Nick Cage likes his toasts brown not black!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyXl2RMZ0Po[/ame]

Comment

So just been to see X-Men turns out its not the mess that was been touted about its actually ok imo

Pretty good ensemble cast as well Michael Fassbender is excellent as Magneto and James McAvoy is very good and pulls off Professor X very well, haven't seen Winters Bone yet but by all accounts Jennifer Lawrence is very good in it and she does good in this she ain't half bad either that dude from Skins who plays Beast was actually ok as well as I didn't like him at all when it was announced he was playing him.

Some good action sequences and looked stylish in parts.

Couple of little things that bugged me but don't wanna say too much until a lot of you have seen it and we have a bit of a spoiler discussion on it.

Defo wouldn't be telling people to avoid it, looking forward to seeing what the rest of you have to say on it

She scrubs up well

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                                                                          wow something has to be up here, while I can see a lot of new bidders so I'd imagine their bullshit but I do see bidders there with a good few possive feedback & transaction so it could well be real

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                            no way you could open up a second course and charge less, this would be completely unethical
                                                                                            nope but you could open a second course, charge more and market it as a more exclussive option.
                                                                                            Alternativley set up a course for people who are afraid of flying Ryanair and teach them how to eat before getting on the plane, pack a smaller carry on bag and print their own boarding pass to avoid getting charged extra.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRQQCKS7go[/ame]

Didnt hear anything about this, looks like its going to be a class nod to 80s films galore! Trailer already makes a lot os nostalgia stir inside!
                                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I just realised I'd gone past the 1k post mark so to celebrate here is an internet sensation that no one has been able to explain

[NSFW="born button pressers"]You have been warned[/NSFW]

SPOILER
                                                                                                48

Comment

Handbags, Full Tilt related I presume.
                                                                                                  Well, we've had our first real drama of the summer. James Bord was dispensed by David "Bakes" Baker a few minutes ago to end his day early, but he lurked around long enough for John Juanda to win his match...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                    So just been to see X-Men turns out its not the mess that was been touted about its actually ok imo

Pretty good ensemble cast as well Michael Fassbender is excellent as Magneto and James McAvoy is very good and pulls off Professor X very well, haven't seen Winters Bone yet but by all accounts Jennifer Lawrence is very good in it and she does good in this she ain't half bad either that dude from Skins who plays Beast was actually ok as well as I didn't like him at all when it was announced he was playing him.

Some good action sequences and looked stylish in parts.

Couple of little things that bugged me but don't wanna say too much until a lot of you have seen it and we have a bit of a spoiler discussion on it.

Defo wouldn't be telling people to avoid it, looking forward to seeing what the rest of you have to say on it
                                                                                                    Hot January Jones pics or GTFO
                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRQQCKS7go

Didnt hear anything about this, looks like its going to be a class nod to 80s films galore! Trailer already makes a lot os nostalgia stir inside!
                                                                                                      Looks good, I'm sure Coach taylor will sort it out whatever is going on

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                        Hot January Jones pics or GTFO
                                                                                                        Not a big fan of her.
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Tesco are doing 24 cans for 24 quid from the list below, you can also mix the beers. lol'ing at some of the photos on the thread.

Kopparberg Mixed Fruit
                                                                                                          Bulmers Berry
                                                                                                          Bulmers Light
                                                                                                          Bulmers Original
                                                                                                          Bulmers Pear
                                                                                                          Kopparberg Pear
                                                                                                          Guinness
                                                                                                          Heineken
                                                                                                          Budweiser
                                                                                                          Coors Light
                                                                                                          Miller
                                                                                                          Dutch Gold
                                                                                                          Kopparberg Strawberry & Lime
                                                                                                          Carlsberg
                                                                                                          Carling

Comment

Is that ^^^ nationwide?
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                                                                                              Anyone know the best place to buy a turtle beach or even a decent wireless headset in Dublin? Bit apprehensive about buying one second hand or online. Willing to spend 80-200euro
                                                                                                              keane linked already, but yeah, mine have had about 2 hours of use. perfect nick. let me know if you change ur mind
                                                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  Anonymous letter through my door telling me which exam to appeal and why. Looks like someone's on my team.

Maybe all is not lost
                                                                                                                  Please let this be the start of an epic thriller-type story where the "appeal" and the reason why are all part of your initiation.

"You didn't fail Emmet. We just didn't want them to know how good you really are. We have a mission for you..."
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                    Is that ^^^ nationwide?
                                                                                                                    Yup, in other news came back from a quick cycle to the shops and there was a TG4 rep outside. He wants to film some new documentary in the grounds of our manor and inside the house. 200 quid for the day's shooting. 3-1.30am

It would be rude not to.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                      Yup, in other news came back from a quick cycle to the shops and there was a TG4 rep outside. He wants to film some new documentary in the grounds of our manor and inside the house. 200 quid for the day's shooting. 3-1.30am

It would be rude not to.
                                                                                                                      You have a manor?

Comment

BBV is too wordy for me, from now on this is how I'm going to catch up on the goings on:

Comment

from youtube:

THIS is the definition of boss, although ironically, he probably has 10 bosses.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          BBV is too wordy for me, from now on this is how I'm going to catch up on the goings on:
                                                                                                                          http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&cl...ishpokerboards
                                                                                                                          I am SHD from the internet right in there, nice. Also CHD.
                                                                                                                          Only spotted one Cool Beans though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X