X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
    Phil Ivey Releases Statement Boycotting the 2011 WSOP

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/0...wsop-10501.htm
    Fk it, i've thought long and hard about it and i'm going to back Ivey and boycott the World Series of Poker aswel.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
      There is hope!!
      Day 3 in the rice, took it out, plugged it in the charger , and heard the familiar little beep and the apple logo flashed up for a few seconds. then it dies again!

this is the first time this happened, so maybe, hopefully a couple of more days in the rice in the hotpress and i might have it back!
      Don't keep trying it Michelle. Just leave it untouched for a few more days

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
        Impressive from Ivey, One of the greats of the game showing real class.
        what is Ivey's role at FT?

(or, more likely, what is his roll on FT? )
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Don't keep trying it Michelle. Just leave it untouched for a few more days
          ya i have it gone back to hotpress, felt good though to see something happening. i found a great site, where everyone seemed to have dropped their iphones down the toilet too. one even went swimming for 2 hours with the phone in the pocket.

another one went through the whole cycle of a washing machine! they all got them back working and most described the same thing happening on the third day!

well if it does dry out and works as normal, it will be a miricle and i will be a loyal apple customer for the rest of my life
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

i found a great site, where everyone seemed to have dropped their iphones down the toilet too.
            Link please

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
              Phil Ivey Releases Statement Boycotting the 2011 WSOP

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/0...wsop-10501.htm
              Any chance somebody could post the article here? I can't access the link in work.

Comment

I think this is the furthest Iv ever been ahead getting it in to come out on the wrong side. I need to pick spots better obv - was only 98%

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP1) (t3240)
                MP2 (t790)
                CO (t3920)
                Button (t8445)
                SB (t330)
                BB (t4035)
                UTG (t3295)
                UTG+1 (t1035)

Hero's M: 27.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2, 2
                2 folds, Hero bets t190, 2 folds, Button calls t190, 2 folds

Flop: (t500) 9, 10, 2 (2 players)
                Hero bets t360, Button raises t720, Hero raises t2690 (All-In), Button calls t2330

Turn: (t6600) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t6600) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t6600

Results:
                Button had A, 10 (full house, Aces over tens).
                Hero had 2, 2 (full house, twos over Aces).
                Outcome: Button won t6600
                Last edited by Bubbleking; 01-06-11, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Then what was the point to your post?

Thats pretty cool.

Because you mentioned it was your 8000 post TD. I basically said even that fact wont make me go back and thank

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                  Ship the two night in row migraine before heading to bed. I can barely focus on the screen it's blurry as fuck, grrr.

In other news could the person who is viewing my profile, read - stalking me on IPB please message me as to why or fuck right off. It's taking the piss at this stage.

Ok.. I am your stalker. I find you super hot and couldn't resist

In all seriousness, do you have your phone set to come into IPB via your profile? maybe you can be a profile viewer as well?

ya i have it gone back to hotpress, felt good though to see something happening. i found a great site, where everyone seemed to have dropped their iphones down the toilet too. one even went swimming for 2 hours with the phone in the pocket.

another one went through the whole cycle of a washing machine! they all got them back working and most described the same thing happening on the third day!

well if it does dry out and works as normal, it will be a miricle and i will be a loyal apple customer for the rest of my life
                  Michelle, afaik it will cause more damage to keep trying to turn it on. You should have put it into the rice/hotpress for a week and just left it. I know that was the case with older phones as you could fry the circuit board if you switched it on before it had dried out inside.

Comment

I went out and bought FIFA the other day.

It's great being the president of Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridonkulous View Post
                      Any chance somebody could post the article here? I can't access the link in work.
                      While the big story of the day seemed to be the start of the World Series of Poker and the $25,000 Heads-Up Championship, the poker world was shocked by an announcement so stunning that it is sure to have a massive ripple effect throughout the entire poker community. Late Tuesday night, Phil Ivey, largely regarded as the best poker player in the world, broke his six-week long silence regarding the events of online poker’s Black Friday and the subsequent holding of player funds by Full Tilt Poker.
                      On his Facebook account, that Wicked Chops Poker has confirmed to be authentic, Ivey informed the poker world that he will not be playing this year’s WSOP, and that he has filed a lawsuit against Tiltware, the software and marketing company for Full Tilt.
                      Here is Ivey’s complete post on Facebook:
                      “For many years, I have been proud to call myself a poker player. This great sport has taken me to places I only imagined going and I have been blessed with much success. It is therefore with deep regret that I believe I am compelled to release the following statement.
                      I am deeply disappointed and embarrassed that Full Tilt players have not been paid money they are owed. I am equally embarrassed that as a result many players cannot compete in tournaments and have suffered economic harm.
                      I am not playing in the World Series of Poker as I do not believe it is fair that I compete when others cannot. I am doing everything I can to seek a solution to the problem as quickly as possible.
                      My name and reputation have been dragged through the mud, through the inactivity and indecision of others and on behalf of all poker players I refuse to remain silent any longer. I have electronically filed a lawsuit against Tiltware related to the unsettled player accounts. As I am sure the public can imagine, this was not an easy decision for me.
                      I wholeheartedly refuse to accept non-action as to repayment of players funds and I am angered that people who have supported me throughout my career have been treated so poorly.
                      I sincerely hope this statement will ignite those capable of resolving the problems into immediate action and would like to clarify that until a solution is reached that cements the security of all players, both US and International, I will, as I have for the last six weeks, dedicate the entirety of my time and efforts to finding a solution for those who have been wronged by the painfully slow process of repayment.”

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/0...wsop-10501.htm
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Our eldest somehow managed to wrap her foot round the in car charger for our twin dvd players. The wire ripped right out the end that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Tony soldered it and the charging light came on but it wouldn't power up the DVD players.

I have struggled to find one to fit after going round a few local electrical places.

Anyone know where I can get one of these? going on a LONG car journey in 6 weeks and don't fancy not having them with us.

Here are ones here like them

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                          where'd you see this? is it available online?
                          Cineworld in town. Think it's running in all good cinemas, and some bad ones too.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Ivey has some stench of class off him.

He is the pre-adulterous Tiger Woods of pokah!
                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                              Our eldest somehow managed to wrap her foot round the in car charger for our twin dvd players. The wire ripped right out the end that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Tony soldered it and the charging light came on but it wouldn't power up the DVD players.

I have struggled to find one to fit after going round a few local electrical places.

Anyone know where I can get one of these? going on a LONG car journey in 6 weeks and don't fancy not having them with us.

Here are ones here like them

world's longest game of 'I spy' is in your future imo

or else drug them

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                world's longest game of 'I spy' is in your future imo

or else drug them
                                Driving from Letterkenny to Rosslare.. then Wales to Devon, Devon to Dorset then off to Mansfield and possibly to Scotland and back again lol. That will be some I Spy over that journey!

Comment

or else drug them
                                  Tried that last time. Gave them a couple of yokes and a bag of coke and they were a nightmare, never again!

Comment

Guy lands a triple back-flip on a BMX for the first time ever.

Epic stuff, his muffled yell of delight as he lands it is fist-pumpingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                      Guy lands a triple back-flip on a BMX for the first time ever.

Epic stuff, his muffled yell of delight as he lands it is fist-pumpingly good.
                                      One of the best landings i've ever seen, nevermind sticking a triple backflip

Comment

Driving from Letterkenny to Rosslare.. then Wales to Devon, Devon to Dorset then off to Mansfield and possibly to Scotland and back again lol. That will be some I Spy over that journey!
                                        Jaysus

haven't got them myself but I can see why they would help over a journey that long

Comment

Is Ivey jumping ship before it sinks ? He makes FTP look pretty bad with that statement!

“For many years, I have been proud to call myself a poker player. This great sport has taken me to places I only imagined going and I have been blessed with much success. It is therefore with deep regret that I believe I am compelled to release the following statement.

I am deeply disappointed and embarrassed that Full Tilt players have not been paid money they are owed. I am equally embarrassed that as a result many players cannot compete in tournaments and have suffered economic harm.

I am not playing in the World Series of Poker as I do not believe it is fair that I compete when others cannot. I am doing everything I can to seek a solution to the problem as quickly as possible.
                                          My name and reputation have been dragged through the mud, through the inactivity and indecision of others and on behalf of all poker players I refuse to remain silent any longer. I have electronically filed a lawsuit against Tiltware related to the unsettled player accounts. As I am sure the public can imagine, this was not an easy decision for me.

I wholeheartedly refuse to accept non-action as to repayment of players funds and I am angered that people who have supported me throughout my career have been treated so poorly.
                                          I sincerely hope this statement will ignite those capable of resolving the problems into immediate action and would like to clarify that until a solution is reached that cements the security of all players, both US and International, I will, as I have for the last six weeks, dedicate the entirety of my time and efforts to finding a solution for those who have been wronged by the painfully slow process of repayment.”
                                          Opr

Comment

Jaysus

haven't got them myself but I can see why they would help over a journey that long
                                            Not sure what ages your kids are, but they are great to have and we just give them a set of earphones and they sit quiet.

I haven't read the BBV in depth. Has Mrs RDIII added to your family yet?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                              The C Kid be one of my favourite posters around always has something good to say on a variety of different topics, has a lot of interesting posts and brings a good bit to the site, the movie draft is just an example of that, long may he continue the good work
                                              Have to +1 this, <3 C Kid's posts.

Off to watch the trailers of these and then watch in this order methinks

Social Network
                                              The King's Speech
                                              Thor
                                              Kill the Irishman
                                              Tron
                                              The Lincoln Lawyer
                                              Tony why don't you just get a big external HD and fill it with movies off someone else's computer? I'll be in Dublin from the end of next week, anytime you're around you're more than welcome to come and steal whatever you want from my collection (100's of GBs).

Comment

Not sure what ages your kids are, but they are great to have and we just give them a set of earphones and they sit quiet.
                                                they're only 4 and 2 so are quite happy to sit there and yabber away or 'read' their books, one will usually fall asleep too which helps

I haven't read the BBV in depth. Has Mrs RDIII added to your family yet?
                                                nope but I have ceased playing live poker so on high alert
                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 01-06-11, 10:31.

Comment

Off into town to put in a new passport application, this could end badly

Comment

Tony why don't you just get a big external HD and fill it with movies off someone else's computer? I'll be in Dublin from the end of next week, anytime you're around you're more than welcome to come and steal whatever you want from my collection (100's of GBs).
                                                    I have a 250gb external harddrive that's almost empty. I'm down in Dublin for the IPB game. If it's ok with you, i might drop into you and let you stick a load of movies on it while we're heading out for pokers and drinks and then collect it the next day before i head back? Or give you a few quid to post it back up to me? Would be great Keane

Comment

I have a 250gb external harddrive that's almost empty. I'm down in Dublin for the IPB game. If it's ok with you, i might drop into you and let you stick a load of movies on it while we're heading out for pokers and drinks and then collect it the next day before i head back? Or give you a few quid to post it back up to me? Would be great Keane
                                                      No problem at all, we'll figure something out anyway.

I'm hoping to have every movie in the Draft DL'd by then so that's a start (you may want to consider investing in a bigger hard drive though - I only DL in HD )

Comment

Ship the Matsui DVD in car charger! My sister suggested checking the Matsui spares site and got it for 12.99 plus P&P. A small price to pay for quietness

Comment

they're only 4 and 2 so are quite happy to sit there and yabber away or 'read' their books, one will usually fall asleep too which helps

nope but I have ceased playing live poker so on high alert
                                                          I got my first in car DVD when the kids were that age and it made a huge difference to my concentration when driving, didn't hear a peep out of them. I did get two single ones l;ast time as they never agreed on anything but now happy enough to.

Going to start recording kids movies etc over the next while so we have a good collection for them.

When is she due RD?

Comment

This sounds like sour grapes but Nick Rainey was just on Quadjacks talking about FTP and he dropped some drama bombs.

For those that don't know him. He is a former tennis pro and personal assistant to Patrick Antonius who had a very deep run in the ME last year.

Cliffs from 2+2

1) He had two 100% rake back account, one because Antonius negotiated it for him when Patrick signed with FT; another that he bought for 10K up front and 2k per month - it was supposed to be for life. He later rented out one of his accounts to one or more fellow grinders. There was a thriving black market in these accounts: there was an mid-level employee, with a contact in the security department, who would sell 100% rakeback accounts to various grinders for 50K a pop up front.

2) A kid Rainey was coaching entered a 500 buy in 1.5 mill guarantee on FT. The kid made it deep, got nervous, Rainey took over and won the tournament. Rainey had an 85% stake and the 297K for winning the tourney was later confiscated by Bitar. No reason was given. This was in 2007, when ghosting was fairly common. Rainey's accounts were soon closed and he was no longer able to play on FT, thus losing his rakeback accounts.

3) There was a rogue employee at Ft who was topping up Benyamine's account with electronic money; i.e. backed by nothing. When the higher ups found out, rogue employee was fired and DB owed several million to FT. Eventually they paid DB a huge fee to wear a patch at the WSOP to square the debt.

4) Rainey made a dozen or more accounts for Antonius so that PA could get action (he names about 8 of them off the top of his head). He would later transfer money from the secondary accounts to PA's main account. This was before PA was signed as a FT Pro.
                                                            Opr

Comment

Just held the Heineken Cup. It's heavier than you'd think.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

When is she due RD?
                                                                24th but probably going to be early, previous 2 arrived 7 and 3 weeks in advance respectively

Comment

24th but probably going to be early, previous 2 arrived 7 and 3 weeks in advance respectively
                                                                  Good chance then. I have never went full term either. First was 36w and other two at 38w. I pity the poor woman that go to 42!

You know you will inflict some sort of BBV curse now and she will go over

Comment

allow it to connect to facebook, feel good about oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      http://www.intel.com/museumofme/r/index.htm

That really is wonderful.

Comment

Funny how BBV went quiet for 10 mins as everyone did it!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          Funny how BBV went quiet for 10 mins as everyone did it!
                                                                          10 mins to load, and then just a black screen the last few minutes

Edit - Worked 2nd time, quite cool
                                                                          Last edited by Flushdraw; 01-06-11, 11:30.

Comment

How to play jacks

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP9CBtSW0kA[/ame]

Comment

fantastic!!
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                                                                                I chose to call because I have some wankers behind me who have been consistently raising
                                                                                I think this guy might actually play in the Fitz

Comment

Anyone know the best place to buy a turtle beach or even a decent wireless headset in Dublin? Bit apprehensive about buying one second hand or online. Willing to spend 80-200euro

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                                                                    Anyone know the best place to buy a turtle beach or even a decent wireless headset in Dublin? Bit apprehensive about buying one second hand or online. Willing to spend 80-200euro
                                                                                    Zuroph is selling one second hand, I'm sure it's in good nick.

Comment

Enjoyable alright but how safe is it? ie. photos all over the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                        Enjoyable alright but how safe is it? ie. photos all over the net.
                                                                                        No less safe then the photos being on facebook i'd imagine

Comment

Zuroph is selling one second hand, I'm sure it's in good nick.

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/pl...headset/604732
                                                                                          Going out to look around Tallaght now. Been using a bluetooth one since my cheap wireless one broke. Time to upgrade. I want one with square headphones so that rules Zurophs one out .

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                                                                                            Does anyone have this?

I am due to buy a licience for pt3 or HM next week but I play probably 95+% tournaments & this looks sweet?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0rlA4DwjI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

No less safe then the photos being on facebook i'd imagine
                                                                                              But on FB you can put all your setting to private and can only be seen by your mate...well that's what I thought!

Comment

I'll offer this too.
                                                                                                got gagillions of movies and tv shows, will bring HD to the game if you want?
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Doesn't take NVG long

Opr

Comment

Ugh Sky box tilting me big style now. Sky+ one in sitting room working perfectly but normal one in kitchen has been acting up for the past couple of months. It would be on and then all of a sudden cut to the "No Satellite Signal is being received screen". Although that was tilting it would come back on after a minute or two but now it's there constantly. Have checked the wires at back loads of times and they are all in properly. Imagine it wouldn't be the dish as the other one has never had a problem. Any ideas?
                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Anonymous letter through my door telling me which exam to appeal and why. Looks like someone's on my team.

Maybe all is not lost

Comment

Ok.. I am your stalker. I find you super hot and couldn't resist

In all seriousness, do you have your phone set to come into IPB via your profile? maybe you can be a profile viewer as well?
                                                                                                        I accessed IPB from my phone maybe 20 times since I created an a/c so it can't be that. I have chrome automatically logging me in though so I thought that it could be linked to that. Unlikely though, so the mystery continues.

Comment

Anonymous letter through my door telling me which exam to appeal and why. Looks like someone's on my team.

Maybe all is not lost
                                                                                                          Whoever it is, I like their style.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                            But on FB you can put all your setting to private and can only be seen by your mate...well that's what I thought!
                                                                                                            Yea and you just gave them access to your data. Intel are now one of your mates. I don't think it means that anyone can view your version of the intel demo.

LOL people and facebook
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Maybe all is not lost
                                                                                                              envelope full of fifties in the right hands could also work wonders

Comment

Sitting in dublin airport now dreading flying to bulgaria. I took xanax going to turkey last week but it wasnt great.

Is having 4 or 5 pints and the tablet very dodgy? I obv know the doctor wont recommend it.
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
                                                                                                                  Impressive from Ivey, One of the greats of the game showing real class.
                                                                                                                  I'd be pretty confident that this is a result of legal advice because of new things that got exposed last night and today, and not a personal decision by Ivey.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                                    Sitting in dublin airport now dreading flying to bulgaria. I took xanax going to turkey last week but it wasnt great.

Is having 4 or 5 pints and the tablet very dodgy? I obv know the doctor wont recommend it.
                                                                                                                    Screw the pints, get something from the top shelf into you.

Comment

Anyone here know Tiltynuts on stars . Say's he is John Vickers and used to work in the JP??

Comment

Nor would Neil Prendeville

Comment

pint away.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X