Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May have 2 Forbidden Fruit tickets for Saturday.

PM me if interested.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

on my tobler I'm afraid. The exams just didn't work. Square peg, round hole kind of job.

Was going through papers earlier with course director, it's almost as if I've managed to not progress on purpose such is some of the marks I've left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
        WTF!!
        this isn't an entrance exam for a political party you know
        photoshop works wonders

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          on my tobler I'm afraid. The exams just didn't work. Square peg, round hole kind of job.
          ah bollix

what's your primary degree in? presumably it's reasonably impressive

just go get a job would appear to be the panacea, plenty in London atm and even quite a bit in the IFSC. No-one gives a fuck what your qualifications are once you're in the door.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            I think you might need a bit more evidence to make a public or official accusation but a cornering of the guy and an I know what your up to to his face might have been worth a shot. Better safe than sorry and at least you'd feel like you had done something.
            What does cornering him achieve tho its not like im around for long.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Sick matchup on Countdown at the moment.

And @ Tipp, i'm definitely acting on that somehow in your position, at least letting the parents know what's going on.
            Ya cue the potential for the father to be a lunatic and go mental. Then when everyone is sat down il probably sound like i hardly saw anything. I even started doubting myself as i kept going over it. I will admit i did think of myself aswell as it was early in the week and if hell broke loose i was going to have a very shitty holiday there. The place was unreal staff was so good in general there but them turks are a bit mental i would have felt a bit at threat if i had said something.

so it deffinetly wasn't his child/niece/relation?
            yeah its a toughie allright, but deffinetly should have said something to the parents if you were sure there was no relationship between them. i would certainly like the oppurtunity to paste the creep around the toilets if it were my kids
            Ha no def not related. The kid was kinda a mini star there at the childrens games very cute child full of energy.

I think i may send an anonymous email to management as i dont want to ruin there rep on Trip advisor as the place really is the best ive experienced.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Was going through papers earlier with course director, it's almost as if I've managed to not progress on purpose such is some of the marks I've left behind.
              As Raoul has said, you've possibly avoided the proverbial bullet. It's like people failing accountancy exams. It looks shit in the short term, but long term you've possibly made your life just that little bit happier/better...
              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

reading pull one back at start of 2nd half, down 3-1 now. Should be great half now

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  ah bollix

just go get a job would appear to be the panacea, plenty in London atm and even quite a bit in the IFSC. No-one gives a fuck what your qualifications are once you're in the door.
                  1.1 BSc Economics & Finance - would've been more than enough to get the job I was looking for when I started college. Unfortunately that time has passed.

Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Mathematics on top won't add much sauce to the burger unfortunately.

Still have one out as I've offered myself as unpaid intern to the company that commissioned my dissertation, maybe they'll let me do the work outside academia instead. (slim)

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                    em, have you considered lying about results etc?
                    WTF!!
                    this isn't an entrance exam for a political party you know
                    Obv not the right thing to do.

However, I have had 3 jobs over 14 years and was never asked to produce anything in relation to my degree when I got each job. I have also hired 200+ people in this time and have never asked anyone to produce results even though about 40 of them would have their results to thank for getting an interview.

In my previous job, i know of 3 different people who we fired over money matters (ie, they were robbing cunts) and all of them had being hired in similar position's without being reference checked.

Comment

1.1 BSc Economics & Finance
                      That's impressive in its own right and certainly much better than I ever managed in college.

You'd walk into loads of jobs in investment banks with that alone. No-one has any clue what working is like compared to academic theory. I went into the graduate programme in AIB Capital Markets straight out of college. On my first morning there, me and two others were sent up to the head honcho. He looked us up and down and demanded to know our qualifications so we stuttered them out, usual stuff B.Comms etc.

He then told us to forget every single thing we'd learned in college and he was damn right. Think I spent my first two months faxing , once you're in the door it's up to you to make your own luck with hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                        reading pull one back at start of 2nd half, down 3-1 now. Should be great half now
                        3-2 now with 30 mins left. Always one of the best games of the year

Comment

Championship final going to be a classic!
                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

how did they not equalize!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                              3-2 now with 30 mins left. Always one of the best games of the year
                              Just tuning in now..decentish stream for anyone wanting a look:

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

That's impressive in its own right and certainly much better than I ever managed in college.

You'd walk into loads of jobs in investment banks with that alone. No-one has any clue what working is like compared to academic theory. I went into the graduate programme in AIB Capital Markets straight out of college. On my first morning there, me and two others were sent up to the head honcho. He looked us up and down and demanded to know our qualifications so we stuttered them out, usual stuff B.Comms etc.

He then told us to forget every single thing we'd learned in college and he was damn right. Think I spent my first two months faxing , once you're in the door it's up to you to make your own luck with hard work.
                                This. And always remember that no matter what job you get going in the door with these big companies, there are tonnes of internal opportunities for the right people to move up.

Comment

I think buying Shane Long at anything over 5mill would be a huge risk, like he's hugely unproven in the top tier and there's no guarantee he'd make the step up. Think of the amount of players that were prolific in the Championship and have completely failed in the prem, the likes of Earnshaw, Chopra, Iwelumo, Ebanks Blake, King... the list goes on and is far bigger than those who have made the step up and have been a real success.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                    how did they not equalize!!
                                    Seemed easier for Hunt to score there

Comment

Love this game, always prefer it to thd champions league final. I reckon borini will get 1 before its over

Comment

what a game cmon reading

Comment

man utd will unveil a new 19 times banner- to represent how many times they touched the ball on sat nite in wembly

Comment

Emmet, last bit of career advice:

Get good at psychometric testing; the only two jobs I have ever had (well, proper ones anyway) were on the basis of it.

No way would I have got them based on my degree alone.

General life advice; go do some drinking for a while

Comment

poor old ryan giggs spent a fortune trying to remain anonymous .
                                              on sat at wembly he did it for free!!

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                Weird experience on holidays last week.

Im going to the toilet and the cleaner a turkish guy in his 30s walks out against me. I noticed a few children washing there hands as i was going in they were in the ladies toilets.

When i walked out the turkish guy was holding a small girl in his arms and i saw him kissing her a few times i was a bit put off and turned a few times as i was leaving the area. There was 3 other small girls with her with the oldest been 7. The toilet was very sheltered from the main entertainment/bar area.

I really didnt like what i saw i kept an eye and the child came out a few seconds later and the older child said dont say anything elle may ( childs name ) , the small child was obviously going telling her parents something.

It was a very family type resort and 4* staff were very close with the familys/kids but this guy was a toilet cleaner and would have had no dealings with kids/familys.

I sat down with my GF and debated all night should i say anything. I guess people realise its a serious accusation and in the end i said nothing.

Any thoughts on what is should have done in the sceanrio?
                                                Not sure if it was the type of resort where the staff hang around the bar and have a few drinks with the guests. You could have slipped it into conversation with one of the managers in the ha ha you never guess what pause serious look ie. the standard Irish way of making a complaint. Saying that the guy was in the girls jacks and there were kids there. Sounds true and not cool even if he is not a pedo. Could be harmless and if it was than it would be straightened out but if not than its best that they watch the guy.

Sounds serriously suss the way the kids are saying not to say anything to each other. I hate situations like that and I almost always pussy out and say nothing even though I have a nagging doubt. Shitty situation and one that 99% of the time is harmless that 1% is serrious tho.

Comment

Emmet, last bit of career advice:

Get good at psychometric testing; the only two jobs I have ever had (well, proper ones anyway) were on the basis of it.

No way would I have got them based on my degree alone.

General life advice; go do some drinking for a while
                                                  If I were a garden, I would most resemble:

A Wildflower Garden: carefree, easy-going, and enthusiastic
                                                  An English Garden: accurate, organized, and detail-oriented

second question on the first link I checked...

No more drinking, never a good idea when down imo.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                    no, can you claim off house insurance?
                                                    I claimed an iphone off house insurance before. I just said it was lost and they even offered 500cash, so gl.

Comment

ah bollix

This
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Suicidal stuff from that reading defender. WTF was he thinking. 4-4 thriller maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          This
                                                          just hire him sp, I hear you're taking in charity cases already

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                            Enjoy Europe next season
                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

If I were a garden, I would most resemble:

A Wildflower Garden: carefree, easy-going, and enthusiastic
                                                              An English Garden: accurate, organized, and detail-oriented

second question on the first link I checked...

No more drinking, never a good idea when down imo.
                                                              If your still in scotland than rent a car and get a mate or 2 and fire up the highlands.
                                                              Unreal craic and once you hit the top of scotland you wont think your situation is as bleak as living in the north sea with nothing but a giant nuke plant to keep you busy. Great time to go tho as Pagan festival season is starting up and they go mental for it.

On the basis of your degree you will have no bother getting a job anyway but I understand that failing must be a real kick in the balls. 1 weeks wallowing and I have no doubt you will be board with it and get perspective. I think drinking alone would be terrible but a weekend on the sauce with a few mates good for you. Remind you what you will miss out on once you start full time work.

Comment

just hire him sp, I hear you're taking in charity cases already
                                                                fu

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                                                  Obv waiting on the squeeze from one the blinds..
                                                                  Yeah, both blinds were hyperactive so I thought there was a good chance one of them would squeeze a worse ace or king. The fact that my AK was sooted makes the hand a lot more playable multiway; unsuited I'd be more likely to threebet pre. Another factor is if I threebet I can't really fold and if I get fourbet I'm nearly always going to be flipping for my tourney life which is a bit of an ICM nightmare when the stacks are that flat and the big money is for top 4. The flat makes it more likely I get the loot in pre against a hand I'm 70/30 against which would be ok.

Were some sick players in this as there always tends to be deep in Stars tourneys. Just caught the rail comments here now: cheers lads. Would have been nice to bink the flush there (or the gutter I picked up on the turn). I've had a few crossbars recently in these 2000+ runner fields that I don't usually play very much of: good sign for the WSOP hopefully.
                                                                  My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                    Not sure if it was the type of resort where the staff hang around the bar and have a few drinks with the guests. You could have slipped it into conversation with one of the managers in the ha ha you never guess what pause serious look ie. the standard Irish way of making a complaint. Saying that the guy was in the girls jacks and there were kids there. Sounds true and not cool even if he is not a pedo. Could be harmless and if it was than it would be straightened out but if not than its best that they watch the guy.

Sounds serriously suss the way the kids are saying not to say anything to each other. I hate situations like that and I almost always pussy out and say nothing even though I have a nagging doubt. Shitty situation and one that 99% of the time is harmless that 1% is serrious tho.
                                                                    Should prob have mentioned GF had thought he was a bit odd. She had just been to toilet and he was kinda talking to himself she said. Anyway anonymous email will have to do.
                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                                                                      Yeah, both blinds were hyperactive so I thought there was a good chance one of them would squeeze a worse ace or king. The fact that my AK was sooted makes the hand a lot more playable multiway; unsuited I'd be more likely to threebet pre. Another factor is if I threebet I can't really fold and if I get fourbet I'm nearly always going to be flipping for my tourney life which is a bit of an ICM nightmare when the stacks are that flat and the big money is for top 4. The flat makes it more likely I get the loot in pre against a hand I'm 70/30 against which would be ok.

Were some sick players in this as there always tends to be deep in Stars tourneys. Just caught the rail comments here now: cheers lads. Would have been nice to bink the flush there (or the gutter I picked up on the turn). I've had a few crossbars recently in these 2000+ runner fields that I don't usually play very much of: good sign for the WSOP hopefully.
                                                                      really think people are gonna raise fold AQ to a 3bet on the button??

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                        Yeah just saw that FB thinks it's my birthday.

It isn't, which is a bit worrying...

I'm obv gonna let it ride and soak up the good will for a few hours tomoro though!
                                                                        Been getting great mileage out of this all day

Comment

Boom 60 day notice handed in today
                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Should prob have mentioned GF had thought he was a bit odd. She had just been to toilet and he was kinda talking to himself she said. Anyway anonymous email will have to do.
                                                                            Yeah good enough I think. Will put your mind at ease and not have a crazy turkish lad looking to spinover and revenge your ass

Comment

Apt.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1WL9tCvXDc&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                Yeah good enough I think. Will put your mind at ease and not have a crazy turkish lad looking to spinover and revenge your ass
                                                                                I decided to just ring the travel crowd i booked it with there. I doubt they will do anything about it tho feigned interest never took any of my details or stuff.
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I think buying Shane Long at anything over 5mill would be a huge risk, like he's hugely unproven in the top tier and there's no guarantee he'd make the step up. Think of the amount of players that were prolific in the Championship and have completely failed in the prem, the likes of Earnshaw, Chopra, Iwelumo, Ebanks Blake, King... the list goes on and is far bigger than those who have made the step up and have been a real success.
                                                                                  Yeah I wouldn't spend anymore then that for him but he has tremendous pace, which always helps, looks to be a good finisher and is still young. Worth a punt at 5m imo.

Comment

Been getting great mileage out of this all day
                                                                                    Whos Niamh????
                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                      Whos Niamh????
                                                                                      Friend of mine, she went out with my best friend for first year in college, they stayed friends after they broke up and she's a pretty good friend of mine now too.

I know, obv

Comment

Friend of mine, she went out with my best friend for first year in college, they stayed friends after they broke up and she's a pretty good friend of mine now too.

I know, obv
                                                                                        Tell her I said hey. If she asks who I am, tell her i'm a pretty big deal on the internet.
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

PICS!

Edit: NM, found her. Tell her I said "Nice pins". I'm also a big deal on the internet, but already have a woman so I'll stick to perving at a distance. She'll be ok with that, right?
                                                                                          Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 30-05-11, 16:50.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            PICS!
                                                                                            Can't be doing that to friends in fairness, you're friends with me on FB anyways you lazy fucker!

Comment

Ireland were in an okay position against Pakistan but made the grave error of getting Miserable Ul Haq out. The guy would have happily hit dots until the cows came home, Umar Akmal has upped the run rate considerably.

The other fuck up was us shitting ourselves when well placed in our own innings with about 12 overs left. Think we got something silly like 60 off the last 12 despite having wickets in hand.

Also Ed Joyce has been a dead loss again.

Comment

Comment

I rang Apple and they said i could get a replacement iphone if it doesnt dry out for 200 euro which is not so bad, because its water damage its covered for an out of warrenty thingy!

but there is still a problem, the phone is jailbroken, and if i cant turn it on well then i cant restore it!

i wonder when they get phones back that are water damaged do they bother their ass checking if its jailbroken
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Dont pay tv licence, get a day out in dublin.
                                                                                                    As figures reveal that more than 540 people were jailed last year for defaulting on fines, a Journal.ie reader reveals that she was told by a garda that if she went to prison for not paying a fine she’d be out that afternoon and could spend the money in the shops.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Zuroph; 30-05-11, 17:36.
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Anyone point me to hitchhikkers police report please. I know he said he would put it up but cant find it.
                                                                                                      Always wondered what they look like

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                        If his wife leaves him and takes half of everything she'll have more PL medals than Steven Gerrard.

Comment

anyone able to ship €50 on Irish eyes if i ship on stars first?
                                                                                                          waiting on $ to hit neteller and worried it might not before 8.30

pm me if you can

Comment

Strange move, don't think it's going to be in the mood for reading music reviews after being dropped in the toilet...
                                                                                                            Piss poor joke

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                            no, can you claim off house insurance?
                                                                                                            Check your policy. But normally you can.

Weird experience on holidays last week.

Im going to the toilet and the cleaner a turkish guy in his 30s walks out against me. I noticed a few children washing there hands as i was going in they were in the ladies toilets.

When i walked out the turkish guy was holding a small girl in his arms and i saw him kissing her a few times i was a bit put off and turned a few times as i was leaving the area. There was 3 other small girls with her with the oldest been 7. The toilet was very sheltered from the main entertainment/bar area.

I really didnt like what i saw i kept an eye and the child came out a few seconds later and the older child said dont say anything elle may ( childs name ) , the small child was obviously going telling her parents something.

It was a very family type resort and 4* staff were very close with the familys/kids but this guy was a toilet cleaner and would have had no dealings with kids/familys.

I sat down with my GF and debated all night should i say anything. I guess people realise its a serious accusation and in the end i said nothing.

Any thoughts on what is should have done in the sceanrio?
                                                                                                            If this had been any other place it could be innocent. Turk do not call family Elle May.. This sort of behaviour has been reported about places in Turkey and young girls were being targeted in toilets and they attendants were caught putting hands down their costumes etc.

I would say you contact someone non turkish as they don't give a crap and rapists have been let go when it is non Turkish people reporting them. I love Turkey as a country, but they are full of paeodos, gays and rapists!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Piss poor joke

I dont think you got it MrsFlushy. See Hotpress isn't only a small room with the immersion in it, it's also a famous music magazine. Putting a phone in there would be really silly

The thanks button is in the bottom right corner.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

I love Turkey as a country, but they are full of paeodos, gays and rapists!
                                                                                                                eh?
                                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                  eh?
                                                                                                                  There is a huge amount of men trying to pick up non Turkish men. I was there twice years ago and my ex was getting guys feeling his ass etc all the time (Should have just left him there for them )

Comment

I dont think you got it MrsFlushy. See Hotpress isn't only a small room with the immersion in it, it's also a famous music magazine. Putting a phone in there would be really silly

The thanks button is in the bottom right corner.
                                                                                                                    I don't think you got MY Joke.. what was she doing in the toilet? pissing?

n/m lol

Comment

There is a huge amount of men trying to pick up non Turkish men. I was there twice years ago and my ex was getting guys feeling his ass etc all the time (Should have just left him there for them )
                                                                                                                      I know what gay means..just wondering why they were mentioned in the same sentence as the other 2?
                                                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I know what gay means..just wondering why they were mentioned in the same sentence as the other 2?
                                                                                                                        Are people misunderstanding me tonight? I didn't explain what gay was. I would have used wikipedia for that

I thought you were surprised at me saying there were loads of them about. I am NOT homophobic at all. But guys don't normally go up to other guys WITH their girlfriends and feel them up!

Comment

I was just saying about the types of behaviour that goes on in the Turkish resorts.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X