Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    Morning bitches
    Arsenal > Man U
    Won last head to head and put up a much better fight vs Barca
    QED

but have to qualify for a CL league spot......now why is that

Comment

My head. I need a cheeseburger.
      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

enjoy

Comment

Kinda glad United knocked Chelsea out after watching that final.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            Kinda glad United knocked Chelsea out after watching that final.

Barca are really a special team

Comment

Just back from the cinema, made a promise full of wine last night!! have to say though it was very good

russell brand was the voice of the bunny, the music was class too

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrndSa-O8C8&feature=player_detailpage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrndSa-O8C8&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                  Barca are really a special team
                  Yup and luckily for them the competition is getting worse. Walk in the park next year unless Madrid, United or Chelsea get it right. Even if they do they will be big underdogs.

Comment

We were beaten last night by an excellent Barcelona team who are way ahead of anything around at present, arguably one of the best teams of all time.

WTF are Liverpool fans gloating about, they have never won a Premier League Title and their last league title was 21 years ago.

They have 1 Champions League in 2005 when AC Milan lay down in the second half and the last of their 4 European Cups (when it was a knock out competition) was 27 years ago...............................they sure are big into history.

IMO winning the Champions League is a far bigger achievement than winning the old European Cup when a team of part timers once got to the final against Notts Forest, yes even Forest won 2 Euro Cups & Aston Villa (lol) won one all of course after those world beaters of Celtic...................get a life the game has changed, the goalposts have moved substantially and maybe thats why teams like Liverpool are being left behind........................you'll never walk alone...............you'll be left behind with the rest of the below average teams

Comment

Sky invented football in 1992.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

They have 1 Champions League in 2005 when AC Milan lay down in the second half and the last of their 4 European Cups (when it was a knock out competition) was 27 years ago...............................they sure are big into history.
                        For arguements sake would that be the same way Bayern lay down with 2 mins to go in 99?

Comment

We were beaten last night by an excellent Barcelona team who are way ahead of anything around at present, arguably one of the best teams of all time.

WTF are Liverpool fans gloating about, they have never won a Premier League Title and their last league title was 21 years ago.

IMO winning the Champions League is a far bigger achievement than winning the old European Cup when a team of part timers once got to the final against Notts Forest, yes even Forest won 2 Euro Cups & Aston Villa (lol) won one all of course after those world beaters of Celtic...................get a life the game has changed, the goalposts have moved substantially and maybe thats why teams like Liverpool are being left behind........................you'll never walk alone...............you'll be left behind with the rest of the below average teams
                          whats this supposed to mean?? a team of local lads defiying the odds to win the best club comp around who else has done that?? in my honest opinion i think its a disgrace for u to put down a team with such talented players like jinky,bobby lennox,chalmers,tom murdoch and the other 7 that played on that great night.. be ashamed of urself will u in a time when the european cup was set up to favour big sides a team of local lads from glasgow overcame them all also dont forget they reached a final 3 years after just incase u think the 67 final was a fluke. in my opinion big jock was and always will be 10 times the man that blue nose hun fergie will ever be!!
                          Last edited by Donk Magnet; 29-05-11, 13:44.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what gloating you're talking about. I haven't seen anything remotely like that in this thread. If anything, the buzz from Liverpool fans has been awe at how good Barca were, and surprise at how gracious Fergie was in defeat.

If you're just trolling then fair enough, I've bitten. But if you actually believe that constitutes gloating, well... thanks for sharing your paranouid delusions with us.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                              For arguements sake would that be the same way Bayern lay down with 2 mins to go in 99?
                              yes it would

Comment

Nobody cares about manyoo and lolerpool crap and trophies that were won years ago. STFU

Comment

I've read through the posts from last night and there was very little of this in here, so why do you feel the need to make a bitter post like the above?

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                    Munster were brilliant especially Davey Wallace and thoroughly deserved the win.

However, You're the worst kind of Munster fan and a fucking tool to boot.
                                    My oh my, the great brotherhood of Leinster rugby men don't really inspire charitable feelings.
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                      I'm not sure exactly what gloating you're talking about. I haven't seen anything remotely like that in this thread. If anything, the buzz from Liverpool fans has been awe at how good Barca were, and surprise at how gracious Fergie was in defeat.

If you're just trolling then fair enough, I've bitten. But if you actually believe that constitutes gloating, well... thanks for sharing your paranouid delusions with us.

Andy, expressing my opinion here, not against what has been said here, sorry, but on facebook etc, just sick of it really. I like to think we can take our beating by a superb team, the Chelsea or Arsenal fans are not the same, they appear to have some respect but not the LFC ones

Comment

After seeing the level of shite that has been talked about in the last while on here/Facebook (especially) anywhere about football I am really getting absolutely sick to death from it, so many droolers FFS!!!

I am glad I enjoy the sport but also glad I don't get absolutely utterly caught up in "my team is better than your team no its not its my team" I am for a bit of ribbing between mates but to the level some people take go get bent!!!

/rant
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Soccer fans of opposing teams baiting each other about things they have literally zero influence over is one of the most retarded things I think I can imagine tbh.

Comment

@ Zuroph

This game is kicking off in about 25 mins. I've only played it twice and have a 100% cash record :-) It takes 3-4 hours to complete and there's not a lot of money at stake but i know you really enjoy 2-7 TD but this one is just as much fun!

Comment

Andy, expressing my opinion here, not against what has been said here, sorry, but on facebook etc, just sick of it really. I like to think we can take our beating by a superb team, the Chelsea or Arsenal fans are not the same, they appear to have some respect but not the LFC ones
                                              are u actually serious where have u read all these posts from bitter liverpool fans.
                                              i think personally ur a deluded man that cant actually get it into his head that united are not world beaters anymore. football won the european cup last night even fergie admitted it!!

Comment

I think maybe KevIrl is right thank god for hurling even if it's not my sport

Comment

Facebook really exposes alot of it, there's certain teams I shudder at the sight of them winning or losing big games as it'll just be covered in complete and utter crap. Here is actually quite decent for the most part, certainly relative to nearly everywhere else, imho. I mean it's no different to the rugby talk and is usually bearable.
                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    @ Zuroph

This game is kicking off in about 25 mins. I've only played it twice and have a 100% cash record :-) It takes 3-4 hours to complete and there's not a lot of money at stake but i know you really enjoy 2-7 TD but this one is just as much fun!

The wrong Zzz Tony (unless you are trying to wind him up)
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I haven't a clue about single draw Tony, what site is it on anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        The wrong Zzz Tony (unless you are trying to wind him up)
                                                        Of course he is!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                          Facebook really exposes alot of it, there's certain teams I shudder at the sight of them winning or losing big games as it'll just be covered in complete and utter crap. Here is actually quite decent for the most part, certainly relative to nearly everywhere else, imho. I mean it's no different to the rugby talk and is usually bearable.
                                                          Do you think Pep could be tempted into the Chelsea job? I recall him staying he likes Stamford Bridge, Chelsea and London but he is also a people pleaser and would say any kind of nice things to look angelic. If he does want to live in London and take on the EPL at some stage could a big transfer budget and Stamford Bridge tempt him?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            Soccer fans of opposing teams baiting each other about things they have literally zero influence over is one of the most retarded things I think I can imagine tbh.
                                                            Here. Here.

What you think of the game anyway? I couldnt get over how lenient the referee was. Valenica could have been booked 9 times.

Disappointed Fergie went with Fabio, I know you disagree but we'll have to leave it there.

It does make you wonder, I can't see a chink in Barcas armour. People say if you beat the initial press you have a good chance of beating them but... in order to beat that press you need to have exceptional movement, speed of passing, and everyone needs to have one hell of a first touch. Just no other team has it imo, or at least doesnt have in for long enough periods.

Also, raging Fabio didnt get booked. That cost me a bit. Silly Catalans, they are so hard to foul as they try and avoid you as opposed to going through you.
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                              are u actually serious where have u read all these posts from bitter liverpool fans.
                                                              i think personally ur a deluded man that cant actually get it into his head that united are not world beaters anymore. football won the european cup last night even fergie admitted it!!

don't think you've been reading my posts correctly. We were beaten by one of the greatest teams ever, certainly the best around at present. Man United or any other english team are not anywhere near them and imo never will be. I'm not even sure my team Man Unt are the best team at present in England even though they won the league.

My problem is with the liverpool baiting, who are they to talk about football in the current climate, they are at present a second rate team by English standards, we are a second rate team by Barcelona standards

Comment

Well give out to them there, and don't bring it here as it'll only start arguments, as has been seen, and it will have been you that kicked it off here not Liverpool fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                  Here. Here.

What you think of the game anyway? I couldnt get over how lenient the referee was. Valenica could have been booked 9 times.

Disappointed Fergie went with Fabio, I know you disagree but we'll have to leave it there.

It does make you wonder, I can't see a chink in Barcas armour. People say if you beat the initial press you have a good chance of beating them but... in order to beat that press you need to have exceptional movement, speed of passing, and everyone needs to have one hell of a first touch. Just no other team has it imo, or at least doesnt have in for long enough periods.

Also, raging Fabio didnt get booked. That cost me a bit. Silly Catalans, they are so hard to foul as they try and avoid you as opposed to going through you.
                                                                  Didn't even see it, I was at Slane.

I'm thinking of giving it a look on the RTE player now just to see how United approached it.

Beating Barcelona with tactics is something I've put a lot of thought into, I thought United with the lineup they put out last night had a good shot, but it doesn't sound like they played how I expected them to from what people have been saying.

Comment

I think I caught a couple of drunk mates in my net on facebook last night. Or else United fans really are just "special".

Comment

Nobody cares about manyoo and lolerpool crap and trophies that were won years ago. STFU
                                                                      Dead right...you should only really count trophies won over the last 5-6 years when saying who's the best

Oh wait....

Comment

Do you think Pep could be tempted into the Chelsea job? I recall him staying he likes Stamford Bridge, Chelsea and London but he is also a people pleaser and would say any kind of nice things to look angelic. If he does want to live in London and take on the EPL at some stage could a big transfer budget and Stamford Bridge tempt him?
                                                                        I think there's a good chance he's managing in England within the next three years alright, I think realistically if he sticks to his word it's England or one of the Milans and that's about it, can't see him in Germany as things stand at the moment and I seriously doubt he'd go elsewhere in Spain. I'm not sure about Chelsea though, Abramovic's actions over the past few seasons may put off alot of potential big name managers, especially ones more concerned with their reputations and achieving things than getting a big pay off which I think Guardiola would be. I think he'll be more likely a contender to replace Fergie or, if the new owners do a very good job, end up at Liverpool.
                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

i think in a couple of years this might be an option for him but i dont think a big warchest would be the deciding factor if he does go there i think it might be for a challenge to try emulate what he has acheived with barca..

Comment

http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Well do us all a favour and leave the Facebook idiocy on Facebook.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The sport thing bemuses me. I watch it as entertainment and when it's over I forget about it. Getting into a heated debate/argument/rant about it is just retarded. I'm from Leinster, I thoroughly enjoyed the HC final, but within an hour I was out eating dinner and it had no bearing on my life. I hoped they'd win yesterday, they didn't, I was disappointed, see you next year.
                                                                                I can understand people taking in an interest in English soccer because its played at a higher level and marketed better than the football here, but is there any need for all of the tit-for-tat, 'we beat you' 'you are terrible' stuff? It makes me cringe.
                                                                                The whole obsession with sport is captured well in that sketch Mitchell and Webb did about football. Everything is hyped up and billed as the apocalypse of the sporting cosmos every single year. Watch it, enjoy it, forget about it imo.
                                                                                And Lloyd, for someone who's usually rational and writes well, the 'Fuck you Leinster' business shows you up to be as bad as the people you regularly lament.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c[/ame]
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 29-05-11, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  The sport thing bemuses me. I watch it as entertainment and when it's over I forget about it. Getting into a heated debate/argument/rant about it is just retarded. I'm from Leinster, I thoroughly enjoyed the HC final, but within an hour I was out eating dinner and it had no bearing on my life. I hoped they'd win yesterday, they didn't, I was disappointed, see you next year.
                                                                                  I can understand people taking in an interest in English soccer because its played at a higher level and marketed better than the football too, but is there any need for all of the tit-for-tat, 'we beat you' 'you are terrible' stuff? It makes me cringe.
                                                                                  The whole obsession with sport is captured well in that sketch Mitchell and Webb did about football. Everything is hyped up and billed as the apocalypse of the sporting cosmos every single year. Watch it, enjoy it, forget about it imo.
                                                                                  And Lloyd, for someone who's usually rational and writes well, the 'Fuck you Leinster' business shows you up to be as bad as the people you regularly lament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c
                                                                                  Funny you should post that up, when I read comments from some friends of mine on Facebook I always think of this Mitchell and Webb football sketch

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU[/ame]

Comment

Darragh Moloney's GAA commentary is excellant. The guy is class.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Didn't even see it, I was at Slane.

I'm thinking of giving it a look on the RTE player now just to see how United approached it.

Beating Barcelona with tactics is something I've put a lot of thought into, I thought United with the lineup they put out last night had a good shot, but it doesn't sound like they played how I expected them to from what people have been saying.
                                                                                      Nah. They tried. You cant take that from them. They definitely tried but it just want good enough.

Barca were just so dangerous whenever they got the ball. VDS should have done better for Messi's goal. Carrick/Park were woeful for Pedros ( as was Rios decision making, he stepped in, and then out, which gave pedro time to pass it home ). Villa's goal was just pure class. Stop. Touch. Stuck it in the top corner.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Well do us all a favour and leave the Facebook idiocy on Facebook.

i thought that was why the BBV was so popular that we could speak about everything & anything................................or is it so long as AndyFatBastard agrees with it

Comment

Tell us how you really feel

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                            Tell us how you really feel

not on a public forum, it's supposed to be our secret

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                              Nah. They tried. You cant take that from them. They definitely tried but it just want good enough.

Barca were just so dangerous whenever they got the ball. VDS should have done better for Messi's goal. Carrick/Park were woeful for Pedros ( as was Rios decision making, he stepped in, and then out, which gave pedro time to pass it home ). Villa's goal was just pure class. Stop. Touch. Stuck it in the top corner.
                                                                                              Don't mean they didn't try, just that their approach doesn't seem to have been what I expected - I'll watch it later on and see...

Comment

i thought that was why the BBV was so popular that we could speak about everything & anything................................or is it so long as AndyFatBastard agrees with it
                                                                                                If you're free to talk about how some Liverpool fans you know annoyed you on Facebook, I'm free to tell you why tarring all Liverpool fans with the same brush is a load of bollox. Welcome to the Internet.

Comment

I think maybe KevIrl is right thank god for hurling even if it's not my sport
                                                                                                  That cunt likes any sport with a stick in it .
                                                                                                  I'd say if you went round a beat him with one one he'd love you for it .

Comment

Funny you should post that up, when I read comments from some friends of mine on Facebook I always think of this Mitchell and Webb football sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

That is brilliant. I cringe whenever I hear that whole 'we' business, gonna definitely use the movie analogy next time it happens.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Cheryl Cole fails to return calls for the UK X factor after being booted off US one. Out of both shows. Good riddance, worst of the judges.
                                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Kev will be sick with that result. Fair play to Offaly though was a good game

Comment

Also London are beating Mayo

Comment

If you're free to talk about how some Liverpool fans you know annoyed you on Facebook, I'm free to tell you why tarring all Liverpool fans with the same brush is a load of bollox. Welcome to the Internet.

couldn't agree more, but thats not what you wrote originally

Comment

I was working behind the bar last night and I met the most degenerate drunk.

He asked me to put a cap on his bottle of Heineken and he says 'ah grand, that'll do me in the morning'.

I started laughing, asked him would he regularly have a beer for breakfast.

He told me he used to leave for work at seven, but he'd get up at five and have five cans of Heineken before heading to work!

'That's why I got sacked' he says.

The owner of the bar told me he's a regular on Monday mornings, most mornings actually, he'd be outside when the door opens.

One Monday morning a few weeks ago he arrived at the door at 11.30 bolloxed drunk. He was after having about ten cans that morning waiting for the pub to open.

Pretty grim.

Gave me a really good incentive to curtail the oul' gargling myself though.

Comment

European Football became competitive in 1968.
                                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                  Cheryl Cole fails to return calls for the UK X factor after being booted off US one. Out of both shows. Good riddance, worst of the judges.
                                                                                                                  Massive publicity stunt for UK X Factor imo.

Comment

This made me laugh

Watch the full interview here: http://www.rte.ie/playerVisit RTÉ TEN for entertainment news http://www.rte.ie/ten/Gabriel Byrne relives the moment he saw US ...
                                                                                                                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                                                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post

lol, that's so good. Follow to youtube peeps, really good.

Comment

Hurling in HD looks pretty savage, about time RTE got their act together and started giving us some HD content, a summer of GAA in RTE would be class, hopefully they will put it on SKY as well instead of just soarview

Comment

Well halfway there on the ironman journey. Half ironman done in challenge Barcelona today in 5hr 21mins, 4th Irish man home by the looks of it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X