This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
    Anyone interested in a months membership to www.dragthebar.com?

I have a few coupons to give away as long as you are happy to give me some feedback.
    I'll have one Ciaran if its going

Comment

I have a few coupons to give away as long as you are happy to give me some feedback.
      Would like to see what its like if you have one to spare.

Comment

Definitely up for one of these if their still going. Thanks.
        Last edited by Luckmode; 23-03-10, 17:18.

Comment

i'll take one if you still have one

thanks

Comment

would be interested ciaran

Comment

Thanks Senor Hitchhicker, I'll ensure she reads that. I told her I would ask a couple of the academics on here and she threw her eyes up and laughed. She doesn't seem to realise that grown sane intelligent people post on here and not just fruitcakes like myself.

Well maybe not sane.

Comment

New thread title required please Mr. Moderalators
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I would also like a dragthebar coupon. Thanks.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Prob too late but i would also like a coupon Ciaran.

Comment

I have PMed anyone that asked for a code.

I'll do up a Thailand trip report later on too.

Comment

I have PMed anyone that asked for a code.

I'll do up a Thailand trip report later on too.
                          any left?

Comment

Some change anyway, great to see.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                              any left?
                              Check your PM's

Comment

me 2 please Ciaran.

Comment

Thats all the coupons gone guys.

Comment

lol nevermind

Comment

Just started using a new laptop and have somehow pressed something that has made the txt bigger than it should be it. It seems to only be on this forum. How to I change it back to normal-help please quick. Tilt pretty bad in these situations and really really want to beat the laptop to within an inch of its life at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                        Just started using a new laptop and have somehow pressed something that has made the txt bigger than it should be it. It seems to only be on this forum. How to I change it back to normal-help please quick. Tilt pretty bad in these situations and really really want to beat the laptop to within an inch of its life at this stage.
                                        lol!

Really Sam, a book. Do it.
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Same thing that happened to Flushdraw a week or two ago

Press CTRL + "-" repeatedly

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                            Great to see Gary Coleman still knocking about.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                              Same thing that happened to Flushdraw a week or two ago

Press CTRL + "-" repeatedly
                                              What he said ^^

You can also try View - Zoom - Zoom Out if you're using Firefox.

Comment

I got a lol from this

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                  Should be a little icon in the bottom right over the time. Put that to 100% and you will be ok. It happens me a lot.
                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I CAN DODGE BULLETS BABY.

Ship not only the job but the pay raise to counter not having the apartment.

Comment

Nice work Gordo.
                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Thank fook. Destructo averted. Good hustle bbv.

Comment

Thanks to Ciaran for the DragTheBar coupon. I just saw our very own HectorJelly has done some vids so I'm gonna check those out now.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                            I CAN DODGE BULLETS BABY.

Ship not only the job but the pay raise to counter not having the apartment.
                                                            wp, nh.

But seriously, good to hear.

Comment

Does anyone know how many levels is played in the supersat for the open before it becomes a freezout and if its allowed to just buy in before the break and add on str8 away??

Comment

I actually feel like getting sick

PokerStars Game #41597836509: Tournament #255653384, €200+€15 EUR Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2010/03/23 19:09:13 WET [2010/03/23 15:09:13 ET]
                                                                Table '255653384 1' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
                                                                Seat 1: JORDIFA (1450 in chips)
                                                                Seat 2: Bachirou69 (1010 in chips)
                                                                Seat 3: AABenjaminAA (1209 in chips)
                                                                Seat 4: magpe (2370 in chips)
                                                                Seat 5: Truthislie (962 in chips)
                                                                Seat 6: leMouitch (1581 in chips)
                                                                Seat 7: FlushdrawIRE (1654 in chips)
                                                                Seat 8: kuzbu (3264 in chips)
                                                                AABenjaminAA: posts small blind 50
                                                                magpe: posts big blind 100
                                                                *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                Dealt to FlushdrawIRE [Kc Kd]
                                                                Truthislie: raises 200 to 300
                                                                leMouitch: folds
                                                                FlushdrawIRE: raises 400 to 700
                                                                kuzbu: folds
                                                                JORDIFA: folds
                                                                Bachirou69: folds
                                                                AABenjaminAA: folds
                                                                magpe: folds
                                                                Truthislie: raises 262 to 962 and is all-in
                                                                FlushdrawIRE: calls 262
                                                                *** FLOP *** [8s As 6s]
                                                                *** TURN *** [8s As 6s] [Ah]
                                                                *** RIVER *** [8s As 6s Ah] [8c]
                                                                *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                Truthislie: shows [7s 2s] (a flush, Ace high)
                                                                FlushdrawIRE: shows [Kc Kd] (two pair, Aces and Kings)
                                                                Truthislie collected 2074 from pot
                                                                *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                Total pot 2074 | Rake 0
                                                                Board [8s As 6s Ah 8c]
                                                                Seat 1: JORDIFA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                Seat 2: Bachirou69 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                Seat 3: AABenjaminAA (small blind) folded before Flop
                                                                Seat 4: magpe (big blind) folded before Flop
                                                                Seat 5: Truthislie showed [7s 2s] and won (2074) with a flush, Ace high
                                                                Seat 6: leMouitch folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                Seat 7: FlushdrawIRE showed [Kc Kd] and lost with two pair, Aces and Kings
                                                                Seat 8: kuzbu folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                  that info is here http://www.irishpokeropen.com/structure.php

buying in before the break and adding on is probably a non runner - entry for 2 levels only i reckon
                                                                  Cheers Noel , just tryin to get in as cheap as possible

Comment

My home made curry is in the final stages of cooking now. The taste test ranks it higher initially than the last few I did.

Experimentation and random amounts FTW.

Comment

that info is here http://www.irishpokeropen.com/structure.php

buying in before the break and adding on is probably a non runner - entry for 2 levels only i reckon
                                                                      Does that mean that it becomes a F/O after level 3??

Comment

im in the market for a hotel break for a few days after the Irish Open - any recommendations please? must be 4 star, help if it had a spa.
                                                                        It'll have a spa once you go there

Comment

Wow, this is hilarious Jimmy Fricke

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                            To add to this, I've seen a study before in investment which said that even Warren Buffett could just be a statistical anomaly.
                                                                            If you can remember anything that might lead me to finding this study I'd love to read it... Variance is something I'm really interested in ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

ECONOMICS OR LAW OR NOTHING AMIRITE?
                                                                              put me in coach!

Comment

im in the market for a hotel break for a few days after the Irish Open - any recommendations please? must be 4 star, help if it had a spa.

Sheraton Fota Island is fukkin smashing and tres relaxing. A rancho relaxo if you will

Comment

MODS: Whats the limit on the amount of characters in a single post?

Comment

Trippie you ol slowroller, well done.

BCB I was in Incydonney house last year, top notch, so relaxing and Clonakilty makes you very tilty is not far for some music and craic at nght., I didn't have the seaweed bath but knock yerself out on the fincy spa treatments in this joint.

Dom, yer curry reminds me of the time I made Lasange soup. I thought it was lovely. nobody else touched it

Comment

How many people do you know ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                        How many people do you know ?
                                                                                        At least 7 but 3 of them them are pretty boring so definitly not characters. Think I'll be alright with 4?

Comment

fuck knows Ciaran, Its only affected one of my posts ever so just cut and pasted a chunk of it into a second post

Comment

Kevin Doyle super finish

didn't pay attention at spoiler school

Comment

I think it is 30000 characters. I will check now. I increased it a while ago as the tounry sticky is massive and I didn't want to use a second post.

Edit: Yep, 30k characters.

Comment

A very boozy Thailand TR Part 1 tl;dr

Before/if you read this you should realize from the offset that I am the worst traveler ever. I tend to arrive somewhere and go on the P*** for the duration avoiding anything even slightly cultural.

Bangkok:

Bangkok is one of the filthiest cities in the world I really cannot describe how much I hate being there, but seeing as 2 of the lads hadn’t been there before we decided to spend 2 nights so they could see it. The first night was Carling Cup final night and was spent on Koh San Road in the back room of some random bar as all the pubs were closed due to some Buddhist holiday. After the football the night ended up as a train wreck which sort of set the mood for the holiday.

The second day we got up with the intention of going to see some temples but bumped into a friend of my mates so the boozing started early. By 7pm we were in a Tuk Tuk to the Patpong to see a Ping Pong show. I wont go into detail on these but it was so surreal to see cigarettes being smoked, darts being fired and razor blades being pulled from somewhere they shouldn't have.

Phuket

We flew the next day to Phuket. Again I have been to Phuket before and its just full of brass which isnt really my scene tbh but again the 2 lads wanted to see it. We ended up in a hotel which was a perfect distance between Soi Bangla and the (Semi) normal bars. Which meant the day was spent drinking by the beach and the night time was in around the Go Go bars. At this point I should probably mention I was with 2 older sex mad ex squaddies and another English lad about my age. The plan the first night was to go to the bars so the older lads could hook up and then we would go backpacker hunting. But as they say best laid plans always go to waste. The 2 lads got sorted an me and the other guy sat in one of the Ping Pong bars being hustled in connect 4 and some game where you had to hammer a nail into a piece of wood (better fun than its sounds). The girls where all really sound so we decided drunkenly that the next night we would pay one of them to take us to the good niteclubs.

We called to the bar about 8pm and paid the bar fine for one of the girls that spoke the best English and the deal was we just had to pay for her drinks for the night and she would be our guide. We drank in her bar until we got sick of paying the rip off prices for her drinks and to go somewhere cheaper (her drink was costing €3 so I dont really know what the fuss was!) We wandered out onto the main road and the girl flagged a Tuk Tuk muttered something in Thai to the driver ,took 2 quid off each of us and we hopped in the back .

After 20 mins of driving we started to get worried by the time 45 minutes came around we were sure we were going to end up chained to a wall for the rest of our lives! In the end we pulled up at the bottom of this hill and could her dance music through the trees. The next part was like something from a movie. We walked to the top of the hill to find the best club I have ever seen in my life. It was a series of little islands in a lake all linked together by log bridges. The main one in the middle was the dance floor ant the rest all had little bars .

It was in this place that I discovered the magic that is a Thai bucket for €2.50 you could get a quadruple Vodka and Red Bull! We spent the night slugging these bad boys and being politely told where to go by every female backpacker in the place. We really had so much fun and the bar girls drink bill came to €15 which considering she got us into this place for free it was money well spent!

Phi Phi

The next day began with the mother of all hang overs and a 9am start , we had gotten in at 6am so the early start was far from ideal! When we got back to the hotel we witnessed one of the funniest conversations ever. One of the older lads was trying to solicit sex from one of the cleaners. She was going spare saying she wasnt a working girl and he just couldnt comprehend why a Thai girl would refuse sex for cash!

We got the bus and boat to Phi Phi which is the island where the filmed "The Beach". Phi Phi is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life but it is also one of the most boring. Apart from lying on the beach there is very little to do during the day so I spent the 2 days I was there conserving my energy for nocturnal activities.

The first night I got a text with a bit of bad news from back home so I was determined to get as trashed as possible and that I did. I dint not respect how potent the Thai buckets actually are I easily had 7 or 8 so my last memory of the night was searching for an open bar after being asked to leave the previous one because I was getting sick (classy alright).

I did manage to find one little bar at the front of a tattoo shop. This is where I woke up with this little beauty:

I genuinely have 0 recollection of getting this ! I woke up the next day and discovered it on my ankle. After a pigeon English conversation with the cleaner I found out it is the letters T and D in Thai writing. God only knows what TD stands for (perhaps they forgot the S!) my only thoughts are that I my have drunkenly asked for my initials and they didnt understand!

If the first half isn’t too boring or badly written I'll do part 2 tomorrow night.( Idont think I have ever typed as much in my life!

Comment

July 17, 2009

Prescription for Disaster
                                                                                                  By Peter Schiff

The health care bill unveiled this week by the House of Representatives (with the full support of the Obama administration) is one of the worst pieces of legislation ever drafted. If passed, it will reduce the quality and increase the cost of health care in America. But more importantly, it will severely undermine our already weak economy. To burden a country currently in the throes of a violent recession with such a bureaucratic albatross clearly illustrates the scarcity of economic intelligence in Washington.

In the first place, specifically taxing the rich to pay for health care for the uninsured is the wrong way to think about tax policy and is an unconstitutional redistribution of wealth. While the government has the constitutional power to tax to “promote the general welfare,” it does not have the right to tax one group for the sole and specific benefit of another. If the government wishes to finance national health insurance, the burden of paying for it should fall on every American. If that were the case, perhaps Congress would think twice before passing such a monstrosity.

In the second place, the bill is just plain bad economics. For an administration that claims to want to create jobs, this bill is one of the biggest job-killers yet devised. By increasing the marginal income tax rate on high earners (an extra 5.4% on incomes above 1 million), it reduces the incentives for small business owners to expand their companies. When you combine this tax hike with the higher taxes that will kick in once the Bush tax-cuts expire, and add in the higher income taxes being imposed by several states, many business owners might simply choose not to put in the extra effort necessary to expand their businesses. Or, given the diminishing returns on their labor, they may choose to enjoy more leisure. More leisure for employers means fewer jobs for employees.

More directly, mandating insurance coverage for employees increases the cost of hiring workers. Under the terms of the bill, small businesses that do not provide insurance will be required to pay a tax as high as 8% of their payroll. Since most small businesses currently could not afford to grant 8% across-the-board pay hikes, they will have to offset these costs by reducing wages. However, for employees working at the minimum wage, the only way for employers to offset the costs would be through layoffs.

The uninsured self-employed, or those working as independent contractors, will be forced to buy insurance or pay a tax equal to 2.5% of annual income. Either choice will divert resources from more productive uses into an already out-of-control health care bureaucracy.

Sadly, the bill does nothing to restrain or alter the dynamics that have caused health care costs to spiral ever higher. In fact, the bill will intensify these pressures.

The simplest (but by no means fullest) explanation of why health care costs so much is that demand exceeds supply. Demand is a function of how much people are prepared to pay. Insuring more people will drive demand for health care services even higher. (To truly get a handle on out-of-control health care costs, we need more people paying for routine medical care out of pocket, and tort reform for medical malpractice. See my previous commentary.)

As costs continue to soar, expect additional tax hikes to fund the added expense. As these additional taxes further encumber a weak economy, the diminished tax base will yield lower total tax revenues – despite higher rates. As the politicians attempt to pass ever higher increases to make up for revenue shortfalls, a vicious cycle toward insolvency will ensue.

The worst part of the whole fiasco is trying to imagine the bureaucracy necessary to administer this plan. My guess is that the government provider will mis-price its policies on the low side, pushing employers to dump private sector insurance for the taxpayer-subsidized alternative. Such a system will further distort health care pricing and, ultimately, make a bad situation intolerable.

The enormity, complexity, and expense of this bill could well pull the rug out from what many of my cheerleading colleagues believe to be the beginning of an economic recovery. The way I see it, the economy is walking dead anyway, and this measure is the equivalent of a stake through the heart. But even if we manage to escape the grave this time, Congress is working on a few other ideas that will surely keep us buried.

Comment

Hello Everybody,

Sunday, March 21, 2010, will go down in the history books as the day democracy died in America.

Since Barack Obama took office last winter, the administration, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have edged America closer to the brink of socialism with their bailouts of the banking and automobile industries, mind-blowing spending and appointment of czars to micro-manage America.

But yesterday, with the House passage of the Senate health care bill, the federal government officially crossed the line. The far left has socialized nearly one-fifth of the American economy and forced our health care under government control.

Liberals insist that Obamacare is the solution to every Americans' problems, rich or poor. But Washington has failed to correct the fundamental flaws of our medical system. Without addressing the root cause of health care's growing price tag, costs will continue to skyrocket, and consumers will be forced to dig further into their pocketbooks.

And that, my friend, is why I'm running for the United States Senate. No one in Congress - the Senate or the House - understands economics the way I do. And I can promise you, as Senator I will do everything and anything in my power to curb government spending and prevent further damage to the free market system that has brought America prosperity for so many generations.

I foretold the economic collapse of 2008, and few heeded my warning. I hope for your sake and my own that our leaders listen this time. Obamacare will not solve the problems inherent in the American health care system and will only add to our economic troubles.

Socialism wasn't successful when the Soviet Union tried it; China had to open its markets to free trade to become economically viable; North Korea depends on foreign aid to feed its citizens. Why does Barack Obama think he can make socialism work in the United States of America?

Socializing medical insurance won't minimize costs, and health care's increasing financial weight will come to rest on the shoulders of each taxpayer for generations to come. I don't have to tell you that Americans cannot afford that! We need to cut taxes, not raise them. And we need to stop spending. The national debt is dangerously high and the only way to reduce it is to stop letting the federal government use your tax dollars to foot the bill.

Send me to Washington, and I will get our fiscal house in order. I will teach Congress the basic economic principles they need to know to govern responsibly, and I will make sure that your tax dollars are being spent responsibly. I'll also make sure that the government does not impinge on any more of your private freedoms. No more government-run anything, no more higher taxes and no more reckless spending.

Peter Schiff
                                                                                                    Republican US Senate Candidate

P.S. History has proved time and again that a socialized economy only leads to disaster, yet Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have forced government-run health care onto America, at the tax-payers' expense. It's time to tell Washington enough is enough. Send me to the Senate and let me get our fiscal house in order. Please follow this link to make a contribution to my campaign today.

Comment

The Limerick saga goes on.....

Justin McCarthy is set to stay on as manager of the Limerick senior hurlers after defeating a vote of no confidence at a specially-arranged Limerick County Board meeting tonight.

Members from the county's 68 clubs came together in Claughaun GAA clubhouse where the delegates voted on McCarthy's future in the role.

The final result of the much-anticipated vote saw 47 votes cast for removing the current management, 83 against, 1 spoilt and 2 not returned.

It means the clubs have backed McCarthy to stay in charge and continue through this year's National League and the Munster and All-Ireland Championships with a depleted squad.

A two-thirds majority was needed in order to remove the current management team, but it was believed beforehand that McCarthy would have enough support to remain in charge.

The Limerick hurling row, which was the only item on the agenda tonight, has rumbled on since last October when a large number of the 2009 panel withdrew their services and refused to play under McCarthy's management after he wielded the axe and dropped a dozen players.

It is the second vote of no confidence that McCarthy has defeated. The previous vote, taken in mid-December, saw club delegate’s vote 70-54 in favour of retaining McCarthy.

The pressure has continued to mount on the Corkman, with Limerick's 22-point loss to Tipperary last weekend doing little for morale in county hurling circles.

Comment

Can anyone do me $50 on boyles for PPP, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                          Thanks to Ciaran for the DragTheBar coupon. I just saw our very own HectorJelly has done some vids so I'm gonna check those out now.
                                                                                                          Glad you posted that, they didn't even bother responding to my email at the time of the buyout. I had no idea my videos were up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Dom, yer curry reminds me of the time I made Lasange soup. I thought it was lovely. nobody else touched it
                                                                                                            A scurrilous accusation. It was lovely if a bit on the mild side. I might put in a couple more chillis next time as 3 seems to not be enough. I've enough left for lunch tomorrow as well and some sauce in the freezer for another dinner or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                              Socialism wasn't successful when the Soviet Union tried it; China had to open its markets to free trade to become economically viable; North Korea depends on foreign aid to feed its citizens. Why does Barack Obama think he can make socialism work in the United States of America?
                                                                                                              Theres not a face nor a palm big enough.

Comment

phantom_lord what do you think of the whole situation yourself, no need to expand or anything.

Comment

God only knows what TD stands for
                                                                                                                  Turbo Diesel

Comment

Nice TR Ciaran. I remember (vaguely) having buckets filled with a naggin of Samsong Thai whiskey and a can of coke (sometimes with a small red bull for good measure). This really is rocket fuel as I think this samsong has some natural amphetimes or some such in them that makes you go really lala really quickly.

At least I didn't wake up with a tattoo, although I certainly did wake up somewhere, and with someone who I was not familiar with (and yes, it was a she, and she was Irish too).

Wow, West Ham are really gone to pot. Wolves giving them a hammering now. The Hammers are in big trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      The Limerick saga goes on.....

Justin McCarthy is set to stay on as manager of the Limerick senior hurlers after defeating a vote of no confidence at a specially-arranged Limerick County Board meeting tonight.

Members from the county's 68 clubs came together in Claughaun GAA clubhouse where the delegates voted on McCarthy's future in the role.

The final result of the much-anticipated vote saw 47 votes cast for removing the current management, 83 against, 1 spoilt and 2 not returned.

It means the clubs have backed McCarthy to stay in charge and continue through this year's National League and the Munster and All-Ireland Championships with a depleted squad.

A two-thirds majority was needed in order to remove the current management team, but it was believed beforehand that McCarthy would have enough support to remain in charge.

The Limerick hurling row, which was the only item on the agenda tonight, has rumbled on since last October when a large number of the 2009 panel withdrew their services and refused to play under McCarthy's management after he wielded the axe and dropped a dozen players.

It is the second vote of no confidence that McCarthy has defeated. The previous vote, taken in mid-December, saw club delegate’s vote 70-54 in favour of retaining McCarthy.

The pressure has continued to mount on the Corkman, with Limerick's 22-point loss to Tipperary last weekend doing little for morale in county hurling circles.
                                                                                                                      So McCarthy has gained support since the last vote!? Had heard he was expected to survive the vote but thats interesting.

Big defeat for the players, Richie Bennis questioned their commitment when he left and now the clubs have comprehensively voted against them.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Chranchel; 23-03-10, 21:28.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        Theres not a face nor a palm big enough.
                                                                                                                        that recent article by him is more than a bit odd, i guess he must be appealing to the real die hards to try and gain some traction for the senate race. maybe i should have just left it at the first one
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-03-10, 21:32.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                          phantom_lord what do you think of the whole situation yourself, no need to expand or anything.
                                                                                                                          Just ask Lloyd what he thinks and assume i'm the opposite

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X