X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    When will they learn ?

Guinness is hoping to put some bubble back into its beer sales with the launch of a new product - black lager.
    Pitched firmly at a younger market, the drink will come in 330ml bottles and is being trialled in Northern Ireland.
    Guinness chiefs said it will go on sale at selected pubs and off-licences, priced similar to other premium lagers.
    Parent company Diageo is launching an advertising and marketing campaign to push the product.
    They will be anxious the new drink - simply called Guinness Black Lager - doesn't suffer the same fate as other "innovations" that struggled in the shadow of the black stuff's coveted brand image.
    Memorable and costly flops from Dublin's legendary St James' Gate brewery include "white Guinness" Breo and Guinness Light.
    But John Kennedy, Diageo's managing director, said the new beer has a unique taste which is an evolution in lager making.
    "With this lager, the master brewers of Guinness have built upon 250 years of rich brewing heritage to take lager enjoyment to a new level," he said.
    I'll give it a try for sure.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
      Yeah I read it this morning with a heavy heart. Why fix what is not broken. I can't bring myself to listen to them anymore without her atari keyboard playing to lift my spirits. 'The best days of our lives' will always be with me though. Meeeerahhh COME BACK.

Comment

Finally caught up on BBV had 50 pages of 100 posts per page to catch up on after my holiday and working on the phones for Cheltenham.

Suppose I should do some work now!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          this is fairly normal, yeah? was trying to cash out the Chelteham FL monies to give to ED.

Hello Raoul,

After a routine review of your latest cashout in the amount of $1120, it has come to our attention that all of the funds that you cashed out came directly from a transfer that you received.

Our transfer privilege is only available to allow players to fund their accounts in order to play when they cannot deposit funds with their own deposit options. We are restricted by our licensing agreements in the Isle of Man that prevent us from being able offer a real money transfer service for the purpose of cashing out. This is why we cannot allow cashout from transferred funds.

In this case, your cashout has been cancelled and funds have been returned to your account balance. You are welcome to play with the funds.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Regards,

Luis O
          PokerStars Security
          It happened me before, and my account actually got locked for a while over it, so now if I want people to pay me for stuff, I use paypal/netellet/moneybookers or similar. It's really annoying though, isn't it?

Comment

When will they learn ?

Guinness is hoping to put some bubble back into its beer sales with the launch of a new product - black lager.
            Pitched firmly at a younger market, the drink will come in 330ml bottles and is being trialled in Northern Ireland.
            Guinness chiefs said it will go on sale at selected pubs and off-licences, priced similar to other premium lagers.
            Parent company Diageo is launching an advertising and marketing campaign to push the product.
            They will be anxious the new drink - simply called Guinness Black Lager - doesn't suffer the same fate as other "innovations" that struggled in the shadow of the black stuff's coveted brand image.
            Memorable and costly flops from Dublin's legendary St James' Gate brewery include "white Guinness" Breo and Guinness Light.
            But John Kennedy, Diageo's managing director, said the new beer has a unique taste which is an evolution in lager making.
            "With this lager, the master brewers of Guinness have built upon 250 years of rich brewing heritage to take lager enjoyment to a new level," he said.
            I remember being in a pub as a student when a Broe promotion was happening. Despite there being nearly unlimited free pints of it available, I don;t think one person from our table had more than one pint of it, and some didn't even finish it, that's how bad it was. It looked like a horrible cloudy pint, and tasted like it too. I can't see how it got to that stage at all, tbh.

Comment

people shouldn't be friends with their parents on facebook, it just ends up being disturbing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                If you were a tourist in Dublin, and wanted to see some things in the city, but you had to walk around the place rather than grab cabs. What are the top 3 places you would recommend?
                Grafton Street, Trinity College, GPO.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                  people shouldn't be friends with their parents on facebook, it just ends up being disturbing imo.
                  Eddies status update - Caught my son jerking off to Metallica, FML.

Comment

was on 6 out of 6 quiz on 2fm this morning, half 6 in morning. €3120 prize fund, I got 5 out of 6 right. FML
                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

was on 6 out of 6 quiz on 2fm this morning, half 6 in morning. €3120 prize fund, I got 5 out of 6 right. FML
                      They got fair pissy with the guy on >8 !!
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

people shouldn't be on facebook
                        ìndeed
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

They got fair pissy with the guy on >8 !!
                          lol. i wont lie, i know him, I was in the room with him. fancied another go so got him to call in.
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            ìndeed
                            seems to be a lot of opposition to fb from older types, i presume it was the same when the telephone was invented, "pffft why would i need that nonsense, i can communicate with my friends via the pony express just fine!"

Comment

lol. i wont lie, i know him, I was in the room with him. fancied another go so got him to call in.
                              You type too loud !!
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

can you withdraw money from your moneybookers account onto your laser?

Comment

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Belgowho View Post
                                      can you withdraw money from your moneybookers account onto your laser?
                                      i think if your initial deposit was with the same laser card, no worries.
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

You type too loud !!
                                        lol, what they actually heard was his GF running back and over on the laminated floor trying to give him the answers
                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

What you get wrong?
                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                            That reminds me, Leonardo no more climbed down and back up that cliff face in Shutter Island. I couldnt buy that at all!.

Comment

i think if your initial deposit was with the same laser card, no worries.
                                              I deposited with my debit card, but from it says, you can only withdraw with a Visa debit?? or am i wrong

Comment

Dara's table for Day 2 of the Snowfest

Table 3
                                                Seat 1: Tobias Wagner (30500)
                                                Seat 2: Dara O'Kearney (36100)
                                                Seat 3: Florian Langmann (47600)
                                                Seat 4: Viktor Jensen (50700)
                                                Seat 5: Stefan Fuchs (30300)
                                                Seat 6: Gianni Giaroni (54100)
                                                Seat 7: Jorn Walthaus (64300)
                                                Seat 8: Johannes Strassmann (134300)
                                                Seat 9: Igor Salomasov (21700)

Comment

Q for ROunders
                                                  Do you think Fredo knew he was going to get shot when he was saying his prayers on the boat or was he praying to catch the fish like he told Michael Jr , oblivious to the fact that he was about to die. I dunno I'm in both camps on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                    What you get wrong?
                                                    first question, they played song from sound of music, edelweiss, asked who the actor was. i hadnt a clue or even hear the song over the phone properly.
                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                      Q for ROunders
                                                      Do you think Fredo knew he was going to get shot when he was saying his prayers on the boat or was he praying to catch the fish like he told Michael Jr , oblivious to the fact that he was about to die. I dunno I'm in both camps on this one.
                                                      Michael gave him the kiss of death at the party, "you broke my heart, I knew it was you" or something along those lines

Comment

seems to be a lot of opposition to fb from older types, i presume it was the same when the telephone was invented, "pffft why would i need that nonsense, i can communicate with my friends via the pony express just fine!"
                                                        silence you whippersnapper

lest I send my valet around to issue summons to pistols at dawn

Comment

lol my boss was on to a customer of ours on the phone. The place is a meat factory where we had the pleasure of working in the bone room already. When it came to paying the bill he asked: "Will ye take payment in striploins?" Deadly serious at that too.

Since then he called back about an old server that needs servicing as it's over-heating. He asked : "Sure is there not something we can do ourselves here?" - not wanting to pay the call out charge. "We have a cat5 cable in the bone room, sure if we put the server in there it'll cool down yeah?" For anyone unfamiliar with the "bone room", it's a building that is a giant refrigerator basically where they cut up all the carcasses and store them.
                                                          Last edited by coillcam; 23-03-10, 11:48.

Comment

obv insta cutting any line of credit...

Comment

haven't really been following it, but how likely is a hunting ban to be implemented here?

Comment

I'm bringing a radio sports journalist along to the Fitz tonight to try and help him understand poker before he goes and does a few interviews at the Irish Open over the Easter weekend.

I intend to briefly explain the rules of poker to him and to give him an idea of the basic concepts such as the importance of position etc.

After that overview what would you say to him to try to steer him towards promoting the game?

Talk about the life skills improved by playing poker?

The social aspects of live play?

The internet explosion in poker?

Any thoughts?
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

haven't really been following it, but how likely is a hunting ban to be implemented here?

I'd guess its still a couple of generations away. We still have a rural majority in the country, and a parliamentary system which gives them a small voting advantage anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                    I intend to briefly explain the rules of poker to him and to give him an idea of the basic concepts such as the importance of position etc.
                                                                    tell him to buy in to the PL game, he's ahead of the pack!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                      I'm bringing a radio sports journalist along to the Fitz tonight to try and help him understand poker before he goes and does a few interviews at the Irish Open over the Easter weekend.

After that overview what would you say to him to try to steer him towards promoting the game?

Talk about the life skills improved by playing poker?

The social aspects of live play?

The internet explosion in poker?

Any thoughts?
                                                                      You need to disabuse himself of the idea that it is a huge luck based / gambling endeavour, by clicking a few ideas with him related to how luck dissipates as the deciding factor in who is winning / losing the more hands are played.

I remember the last few years where the tournament has been covered on radio cringing at how the game was portrayed.

Now, how feasible it would be to click such a concept with him in such a short space of time is another question entirely...
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

if i change my email address on moneybookers can i open a second account on a particular skin?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Now, how feasible it would be to click such a concept with him in such a short space of time is another question entirely...
                                                                          you could always make the arguement that if it was entirely luck based the same subset of players wouldnt be reaching the latter stages of tournaments where participants run into the thousands - phil ivey is a prime example

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                            You need to disabuse himself of the idea that it is a huge luck based / gambling endeavour, by clicking a few ideas with him related to how luck dissipates as the deciding factor in who is winning / losing the more hands are played.

I remember the last few years where the tournament has been covered on radio cringing at how the game was portrayed.

I don't know about that - personnally I'd prefer if the luck/gambling factor was played up in the popular media, much more likely to attract new players that way.
                                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Mother of God....

Comment

Olli if you show him the basic concepts of poker to arm him for his interviews, give him essential 'buzz words' he can use when interviewing, like Bing blang etc the ACE from Space, the 'That's what I'm talking about' dance when you dog someone , and then rub some chips into yer titties and torment a randomer. Do not leave out the benefits of putting someone on monkey tilt. He'll soon realise it's not all about luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                  if i change my email address on moneybookers can i open a second account on a particular skin?
                                                                                  Yes & they allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                    I know, it's a shambles.
                                                                                    Where's Johnjoe?

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

you could always make the arguement that if it was entirely luck based the same subset of players wouldnt be reaching the latter stages of tournaments where participants run into the thousands - phil ivey is a prime example
                                                                                      If you actually delve a little deeper into the probabilities involved you'll see that even with a reasonable significant edge in big field tourneys, the over-riding factor in going deep in them on multiple occasions is luck. There's a certain level of the Birthday Paradox involved in peoples' perception of amazing tournament runs. Say Gus Hansen and Daniel Negreanu get to the last 100 of the WSOP ME this year, message boards and news sites will go crazy about what great players they are and how is takes such skill etc but the reality is there are probably 200 (pure guess) well known players to choose from at the start of the tourney who, if they make the last 100 will fill the 'incredible performance' shoes, which is of course a lot more likely.
                                                                                      The casual observer will filter out this part and just digest the 'famous player went deep again - hugely skillful performance' part.

Comment

jeus ya louis walsh,wheres luke kelly??also theres a few in there i wouldnt have in a million years

Comment

Was floating around IMDB today, went onto Matt Damons profile and saw this...

In Development: What's this?

1. Rounders 2 (details only on IMDbPro)

I'm expecting something Godfather Two-esque
                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44tsxKH-Eo[/ame] i agree with rigger here "a boy the johnjo"

Comment

Originally posted by jackthree View Post
                                                                                              lso theres a few in there i wouldnt have in a million years
                                                                                              about half imo. also where's jedward?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                If you actually delve a little deeper into the probabilities involved you'll see that even with a reasonable significant edge in big field tourneys, the over-riding factor in going deep in them on multiple occasions is luck. There's a certain level of the Birthday Paradox involved in peoples' perception of amazing tournament runs. Say Gus Hansen and Daniel Negreanu get to the last 100 of the WSOP ME this year, message boards and news sites will go crazy about what great players they are and how is takes such skill etc but the reality is there are probably 200 (pure guess) well known players to choose from at the start of the tourney who, if they make the last 100 will fill the 'incredible performance' shoes, which is of course a lot more likely.
                                                                                                The casual observer will filter out this part and just digest the 'famous player went deep again - hugely skillful performance' part.
                                                                                                Yes, for a while I've been thinking something along these lines regarding a repeat Main Event Champion.
                                                                                                Unfortunately I'm sh1t at maths so I haven't started a thread but I suspect the odds on an existing Main Event winner repeating aren't all that long (though I could be way off) - not anywhere in line with how people will react should a previous winner win again.

A lot of previous winners play each year, a new possibility is added each year.

I think it's possible the odds of a repeat champion over the next say, 10 years could be a reasonable number.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

so you just want to have 2 a/c's on say boyles?? to more than likely take advantage of a sign up bonus?

don't think they allow it - but if you get away with it - let me know.

Comment

...
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      reflects poorly on Ireland surely.

Louis Walsh ffs.
                                                                                                      That is mega tilting, Ronan Keating? Stephen Gately? Louis Walsh? Daniel O'Donnell? Joe Dolan? Micheal O'Leary? Wtf is this?

No Isaac Butt, Sean MacBride, Ronnie Delaney, Vincent O'Brien, Tony O'Reilly, Tony Gregory, Ernest Walton, Samuel Beckett, John B. Keane, Nial Toibín to name just a few of the more deserving.
                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                        To add to this, I've seen a study before in investment which said that even Warren Buffett could just be a statistical anomaly.
                                                                                                        I think I read that somewhere aswell. I'd like to learn more about people's ineptitude when it comes to patter recognition and randomness. I thought 'The Drunkard's Walk' would be the job but it gets way too bogged down in the biographies of mathematicians for my liking.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                            so you just want to have 2 a/c's on say boyles?? to more than likely take advantage of a sign up bonus?

If thats what you are trying to do PM me your nickname and I'll sort you out with a reload bonus or something.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                                                If thats what you are trying to do PM me your nickname and I'll sort you out with a reload bonus or something.
                                                                                                                I acutally don't - but thanks - i was just using boyles as an example - cause i assumed thats what bubbleking was looking to do.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                  Nial Toibín
                                                                                                                  he's not allowed on any lists that would paint him in a good light IMO. The crankiest man you'd ever meet.

He lived on my road up until very recently. Years ago, there was a group of us playing football on the road. Ball got knocked into his back garden. We knocked on the door like polite kids and asked for the ball back. He brought it out with, burst, with a very obvious knife mark in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                    Q for ROunders
                                                                                                                    No i dont think he knew. All he knew for sure was that he would be ostracized from the family which to him was a fate worse than death anyway and that was on the forefront of his mind more than getting whacked. I think he was such a nervous wreck by then it really didnt matter which fate it would be.

I loved the way he organised those Las Vegas parties, came to him like second nature. That was his true calling!.

Comment

When will they learn ?

I thought Breo was lovely tbf.
                                                                                                                      But guinness black larger will never work
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        I remember being in a pub as a student when a Broe promotion was happening. Despite there being nearly unlimited free pints of it available, I don;t think one person from our table had more than one pint of it, and some didn't even finish it, that's how bad it was. It looked like a horrible cloudy pint, and tasted like it too. I can't see how it got to that stage at all, tbh.
                                                                                                                        LOL
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

noooooooooooooo!

2+2 banned at new work place

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X