Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the coffee master on here? and he looking for part time work in a coffee shop?
    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Anyone got contacts or decent info on how or where to find a TEFL job in preferably Spain but anywhere nice considered?

The girl looking for it has an Arts Degree and a recognised TEFL qualification.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        no, the UK government will block him
        Are you sure they would be able to? Brown is playing the 'Camerons opposition to me makes me more qualified for the job' card. Sitting outside the € and with a realistic view of it might make him a popular compromise with the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Are you sure they would be able to? Brown is playing the 'Camerons opposition to me makes me more qualified for the job' card. Sitting outside the € and with a realistic view of it might make him a popular compromise with the rest of the world.
          there is absolutely no way any candidate can become head of the IMF without their own government's backing

imo

Peer Steinbruck could be an interesting alterative to Lagarde
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOVq_UL48o0&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/ame]

Most of this is very unfunny, but the the last question he asks is gold. I guess you have to watch the whole thing for the last bit to be funny too.
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
              Who is the coffee master on here? and he looking for part time work in a coffee shop?
              I guess that's me, but I don't get the question...

Comment

Tony this just shows you how brainwashed we Irish are. Only from an Irish perspective can a pm who fucked his own economy seem like a reasonable shout for head of the IMF.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

there is absolutely no way any candidate can become head of the IMF without their own government's backing

imo

Peer Steinbruck could be an interesting alterative to Lagarde
                  Are you heading to Cardiff?

Anyone else heading over?
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    I guess that's me, but I don't get the question...
                    You looking for part time work?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Anyone else heading over?
                      Not this time... well 95% not, enjoy the trip.

I'm ridiculously nervous about it, I have my rabid Munster colleague here telling me how stupid that is that its the most one sided final ever, English Rugby at an all time low, lump on at 1.5 etc.
                      He's just hoping we win and go on the piss before the Magners Final.

Comment

SLANE TICKET FOR SALE!!

All reasonable offers considered.

PM me if interested.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

You looking for part time work?
                          Nah...working in UCC atm. If I do enter the market it will be as director of the BBV coffee shop!

Comment

no, on medical advice

(i.e. if I went, I have it on good authority I'd be killed)

Eoghan104 is over there
                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 19-05-11, 11:09.

Comment

could someone with a PP account kindly email them and request that they price up Peer Steinbruck?

Comment

Anyone got contacts or decent info on how or where to find a TEFL job in preferably Spain but anywhere nice considered?

The girl looking for it has an Arts Degree and a recognised TEFL qualification.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                  SLANE TICKET FOR SALE!!

All reasonable offers considered.

PM me if interested.
                                  I'll have that.

Pm incoming.

Comment

could someone with a PP account kindly email them and request that they price up Peer Steinbruck?
                                    On live chat with them atm

Comment

On live chat with them atm
                                      suggest 66/1

Comment

suggest 66/1
                                        I have to email the traders anyway

Comment

I have to email the traders anyway
                                          you mean 'the lad who googles Peer Steinbruck'?

Comment

you mean 'the lad who googles Peer Steinbruck'?
                                            Chatting with a mate, his PhD is IMF related, here is his thoughts.

Christine Lagarde: definitely a front runner. The French have had a
                                            firm grip on the IMF job for decades now. The fact that she's a woman
                                            and has a good track record in finance adds to her appeal.

Kemal Dervis: apparently the European directors have decided they're
                                            not going to vote for a non-European. Dervis would be first in if they
                                            decide change their mind.

Mario Draghi: very strong candidate. Maybe next in line after Lagarde.

Axel Weber: i'd be shocked if he got it. He's pissed off everyone. He
                                            can't be trusted in public.

Josef Ackermann: I don't know what he's doing at 9/1. They've never
                                            appointed someone straight out of a bank in 65 years.

Lorenxo Bini Smaghi: Can't be trusted. Hated by many.

Trevor Manuel: Dark horse. He's South African and a good compromise
                                            candidate who hasn't pissed anyone off.

Drop me a text if you're around town for a drink some day - been ages.

I might throw a few euro on a few of the outsiders seeing as Lagarde
                                            is not good value anymore.

Comment

if this doesnt get you in a good mood nothing will

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w3evmb-z4Y&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Anyway, according to the FT; Tharman and the Indian dude (Ahluwalia) are the two favoured Asian candidates. Both are 40/1 with PP (Hills have them at 8s and 5s respectively) and worthy of a small wager, I'd favour Tharman as the other guy is 67 years old. Obviously the whole 'European thing' works against them so I wouldn't consider putting down any serious money. I think I will have a pony on Tharman for the laugh.

Lagarde is clearly unbackable at 4/7 even though she is a worthy favourite imo.

They have priced Draghi at 5/1 which is a joke as he shouldn't even be in the market (next ECB boss).

They have priced Dervis at 4/1. I think he has no chance, not because he's not credible but because he's Turkish. It could potentially blow up the entire Greek rescue package.

I think they have only priced up Bini Smaghi because he's been in the Irish Times recently. Brown has no chance for political reasons. El Erani won't run.

Trevor Manuel is interesting (did great job in SA) but an African will hardly get the required voting numbers.

So the value against the favourite for me would be 'the German candidate'. The question is if that is Weber (8s), Ackermann (9s) or Steinbruck (NQ). Can't see Weber being favoured by Merkel after his recent hissy fit and subsequent resignation. Why would Ackermann leave Deutsche?

If we get a decent price against Steinbruck, then I would advise playing.

Comment

Asked yesterday but will ask again. Is there anyone looking for a Queens of the Stone Age ticket for the gig tonight. Have one willing to let go for cost price. om me if interested

Comment

just remembered there were a load of FC Porto fans in Coppers last night too, I used to work with a heap of Brazilians so have some (extremely limited) Portuguese.

They got really awkward when I told them to hurry up, that they were lazy bastards, and that we were in a hurry.

On the plus side, they let me skip them in the queue for the bar.

Comment

Lol.

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has told a Twitter follower: "I'll put u asleep within 10 seconds" after being provoked on the social networking site.

Comment

for Leinster fans; this looks pretty handy

I assume it doesn't include your ticket

Comment

for Leinster fans; this looks pretty handy

I assume it doesn't include your ticket
                                                          Wouldya stop leading me into temptation FFS!

Comment

I have a spare ticket available too Strewelly...

You know you want to.

I'm off on a 7am - 2am "day trip" for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                                              if this doesnt get you in a good mood nothing will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w3ev...eature=related
                                                              This a better version i loled hard at this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqGOOTjxTZ0&feature=related[/ame]

Have to put this in also pretty funny

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26a8JITwImQ[/ame]
                                                              Last edited by Maloney; 19-05-11, 12:53.
                                                              ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                              I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Sup folks UKIPT Cork Day 1a will be kicking off soon dont forget to keep up to date with the going ons over HERE
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That boxing press conference was great. DeGale and Groves just made a bet that the winner gets loser's cut of the fight. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                    Asked yesterday but will ask again. Is there anyone looking for a Queens of the Stone Age ticket for the gig tonight. Have one willing to let go for cost price. om me if interested
                                                                    toutless.com should be able to unload it for you if you are stuck
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

if anyone could do me a favour?

wanna play in the €11 Deepstack 1K guaranteed on Irish Eyes at 4 bells.

Could anyone ship me the €11... I will send €12 back tomorrow before 7pm on Paddy Power or Irish Eyes to you.. (Nearly a 10% Bonus)!!!!!!!! :|

would be appreciated if it could be done

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post

wanna play in the €11 Deepstack 1K guaranteed on Irish Eyes at 4 bells.

Could anyone ship me the €11... I will send €12 back tomorrow before 7pm on Paddy Power or Irish Eyes to you.. (Nearly a 10% Bonus)!!!!!!!! :|

It's €10 including juice no? How do you do a P2P on Irish Eyes?
                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Need a little interest in this years apprentice. Anyone want to take the lads in a €50 evs match bet against the girls who I'll take??
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            Need a little interest in this years apprentice. Anyone want to take the lads in a €50 evs match bet against the girls who I'll take??
                                                                            Only Jim on the lads side is worth a go, the rest seem useless.
                                                                            Not sure about the Gavin guy (still to watch ep3) but I can't see any of the other men making it.

What odds on Super Jim vs The Field?
                                                                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 19-05-11, 13:14.
                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                              It's €10 including juice no? How do you do a P2P on Irish Eyes?
                                                                              oh right, sorry ya, it is €10 including the reg fee I think.

hmmmm... it's on "Cashier" on irisheyespoker.com where you can then click "transfers"

Comment

oh right, sorry ya, it is €10 including the reg fee I think.

hmmmm... it's on "Cashier" on irisheyespoker.com where you can then click "transfers"
                                                                                Nope sorry sir not there for me. You must have to set it up? Sorry man I'm sure you'll get someone
                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                  Only Jim on the lads side is worth a go, the rest seem useless.
                                                                                  Not sure about the Gavin guy (still to watch ep3) but I can't see any of the other men making it.

What odds on Super Jim vs The Field?
                                                                                  Yeah Gavin is a strong candidate. The baldy dude isn't terrible.

Wouldn't be interested in jim vs field, hard to price up as woman are so unexposed. They could all be useless for all I know.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah Gavin is a strong candidate.
                                                                                    lol. Good try.

The baldy dude isn't terrible.
                                                                                    Glen? He's a sap, no chance of winning.

Wouldn't be interested in jim vs field, hard to price up as woman are so unexposed. They could all be useless for all I know.

Only Jim is worth a go on the male side. Dunno about Tom but I wouldn't be overly confident, the remaining three are tools.
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                      Nope sorry sir not there for me. You must have to set it up? Sorry man I'm sure you'll get someone
                                                                                      no problem, thanks anyway!

Comment

Yeah Gavin is a strong candidate. The baldy dude isn't terrible.

Different slant to it this year with them needing to set up a company afterwards. As a result everyone with a HR, Communications or novelty corporate title is sunk imo as they just wont adjust to the small companies. Haven't looked to deep into the backgrounds but the young bald guy who came up with the idea for the useless app and the scouse lad look like they have potentail.

Jim is tough to pin down as he is clearly just an excellent debater with that particulairly annoying Northern Irish ability to avoid ever taking any blame or answering a question. I think ultimatly this will piss sugar off and I imagine already ruined him with most of his team. I think he will get loads of boardroom time as a result and eventually this will get him fired regardless of preformance.

Every series there is someone who gets the boot with "your team mates seem to not like you and even though I think you have great potential I dont want to take the risk that you will rub me up the wrong way" or some alternative wording and get fired. He will run deep but I would expect to see him fall in the final 5 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post

Only Jim is worth a go on the male side. Dunno about Tom but I wouldn't be overly confident, the remaining three are tools.
                                                                                          Yeah but some folk on the twitters and the like think he's untouchable already so he's a pretty strong horse to have in your stable plus 4 others who could improve over the weeks.

I'll leave it open anyway and hope one of jim's fanboys accept.
                                                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 19-05-11, 13:34.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

I think the inventor, Tom, could be a dark horse. He's got decent track record and think Sugar would be more keen to take a punt in this format than previously. He's been ok so far, hasn't done anything retarded which is what it's all about the first six weeks.

Comment

Is Tom the guy with the glasses?

Comment

wanna play in the €10 Deepstack 1K guaranteed on Irish Eyes at 4 bells.

Could anyone ship me the €10... I will send €11 back tomorrow before 7pm on Paddy Power or Irish Eyes to you.. (a 10% Bonus)!!!!!!!! :|

BUMP..starts in an hour

please!

Comment

PP have priced up Steinbruck at 7/1

12s on Hills

await developments

Comment

Not this time... well 95% not, enjoy the trip.

I'm ridiculously nervous about it, I have my rabid Munster colleague here telling me how stupid that is that its the most one sided final ever, English Rugby at an all time low, lump on at 1.5 etc.
                                                                                                    He's just hoping we win and go on the piss before the Magners Final.
                                                                                                    If joe puts McFadden on the wing I'll feel a lot better. Luke just isn't right.

Im very distracted these days. Ive resigned from the job here on monday but I have a 3 month notice period and I'm trying to encourage them to let me go after 4 or 6 weeks. Life is going to be so fucking painful if they don't play ball.

Comment

Don't flinch...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiORvK-v3ys[/ame]

Comment

On all known form Leinster should cover the handicap with ease.
                                                                                                        I've been proved wrong by how good their defence is and how good they are at the brakdown.
                                                                                                        Leinster are playing like a test side atm.

In saying all that 10 of the last 11 finals have been 1 score games and the other wasn't much more, there have ben 3 times I can think of where teams needed to cover more than 1 score to beat the handicap, none of them did. Yet all 3 won.

Comment

Ive resigned from the job here on monday but I have a 3 month notice period and I'm trying to encourage them to let me go after 4 or 6 weeks. Life is going to be so fucking painful if they don't play ball.
                                                                                                          ha, welcome to my world bee-otch

I hope they squeeze every last drop out of you

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                            On all known form Leinster should cover the handicap with ease.
                                                                                                            I've been proved wrong by how good their defence is and how good they are at the brakdown.
                                                                                                            Leinster are playing like a test side atm.

In saying all that 10 of the last 11 finals have been 1 score games and the other wasn't much more, there have ben 3 times I can think of where teams needed to cover more than 1 score to beat the handicap, none of them did. Yet all 3 won.
                                                                                                            I dont think this will be close to the walk over that everyone is expecting. Few guys with half knocks going into what is sure to be a physical match up. If Strauss takes a bad bang and is sidlined than the replacement Hooker is not up to scratch and good buy line out and hello seriously under presure scrum. i hope to be surprised but I cant see this being a run away in any shape but a tight, physical battle that will keep the scores down.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                              but a tight, physical battle that will keep the scores down.
                                                                                                              scenario 2; we get early scores and cream them

Comment

scenario 2; we get early scores and cream them
                                                                                                                That certainly is possible also, as I said hope to be proven wrong and I think that either way Leinster will come out on top. Scenario 2 will also give me much more entertainment value rather than a slug fest

Comment

That certainly is possible also, as I said hope to be proven wrong and I think that either way Leinster will come out on top. Scenario 2 will also give me much more entertainment value rather than a slug fest
                                                                                                                  you would think so but I enjoyed the Leicster game as much as any 35-30 game, more actually. Titanic stuff.

Comment

I dont think this will be close to the walk over that everyone is expecting. Few guys with half knocks going into what is sure to be a physical match up. If Strauss takes a bad bang and is sidlined than the replacement Hooker is not up to scratch and good buy line out and hello seriously under presure scrum. i hope to be surprised but I cant see this being a run away in any shape but a tight, physical battle that will keep the scores down.
                                                                                                                    The scrum is gonna be a battle anyway I guarentee you that, Mike Ross and Tonga'uiha had a great battle when they last met in the premiership, we know how good Courtney Laws is in the 2nd row and their back row is decent too. I'm not Myler's biggest fan and think that Leinster have the advantage in the half back department and Smidt will go with Reddan at 9 for quick ball for the 10,12,13 axis to click in.

It's important S.O'B and Heaslip carry ball at their 9/10 channel as thats where the breaks in the Saints defensive line can appear.

If I was betting on the outcome it would be to back both teams to win by 1-6 points. Because its a final mistakes will happen and I hope Leinster win because they've played the best rugby in Europe this season.

Comment

saturday about 6ish we can all put our head between our legs and kiss our arses goodbye,
                                                                                                                      acording to some nutter on moncrief there a while ago

ohh and just in case any one was looking for an epic 5000th post
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      YOU CAN FUCK OFF

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                        saturday about 6ish we can all put our head between our legs and kiss our arses goodbye,
                                                                                                                        Cliffs? Or is that all there is to it?
                                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post

ohh and just in case any one was looking for an epic 5000th post
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          YOU CAN FUCK OFF
                                                                                                                          If this post turns out to be true, then it's plenty epic as it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X