Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know anything about the Guardians Secret footballer?

I know Ive linked an article here before. The more I read the stuff on the site the more I think its completely fake. Reads and comes across to me like some hack has invented this character and is running away with it.
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
      classic. i remember this happening to a friend of mine in a pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I know Ive linked an article here before. The more I read the stuff on the site the more I think its completely fake. Reads and comes across to me like some hack has invented this character and is running away with it.
        I've heard conflicting stories that it is a number of footballers, or Danny Murphy.

Comment

What? What's this about?

Comment

Also I asked this yesterday or late last night:

Anyone know anything about the round the world plane tickets you can buy?
            How long they last, how much they should cost, etc..
            Cheers

Comment

Rohan Ricketts imo

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                Also I asked this yesterday or late last night:

Anyone know anything about the round the world plane tickets you can buy?
                How long they last, how much they should cost, etc..
                Cheers
                Trailfinders to them in the 1100-1400 euro range, loadsa stopovers, seems like good value. I've never compared but i'd imagine if you looked at USIT or googled a bit you'd find something to compare it to.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                  What a day planned. Limerick to Dublin with my 7 year old, McDonalds, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pub and then Europa League final, yipeeeeeeeee.
                  First stop Moneygall. New roads, painted houses, 100 US and Irish flags side by side. About 40 workers in the town. All hail the real live new town Lego set before my eyes.

Passing up towards O Connell St today was surreal, no cars, nobody allowed to cross the street until the Queen passed. Then, a mass tide as the barriers were removed, it was like a scene from Day Of The Dead or something to that effect.

Worst of the Pirate films IMO.

Shite 2nd half once Porto scored.

Thanks fuck he had his communion last weekend and insisted on spending his money. He now has a Champions League Final Ball, New Barca Tracksuit as well as a Europa League Hat, Scarf, T Shirt and Programme. I would hate to be sitting next to him in school later.

Comment

Me and a mate went through each article before, had a list of evidence to match it against. No closer to it though.

Sol Campbell was mentioned. He fit some of our criteria for sure. Now that I think of it, Danny Murphy makes sense too...

I do think its all made up though.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

What? What's this about?
                      Here: Interesting articles. some of them anyway.

The Guardian's man inside the game lifts the lid on the world of football

Comment

Me and a mate went through each article before, had a list of evidence to match it against. No closer to it though.

Sol Campbell was mentioned. He fit some of our criteria for sure. Now that I think of it, Danny Murphy makes sense too...

Rohan Ricketts about 10 months ago was always tweeting Sean Ingle and asking him to look at a idea he had to get articles published. He fancies himself as a journo too. The Secret Footballers tweets are similar to Ricketts ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          Rohan Ricketts about 10 months ago was always tweeting Sean Ingle and asking him to look at a idea he had to get articles published. He fancies himself as a journo too. The Secret Footballers tweets are similar to Ricketts ones too.
                          Adds up too:

I think our evidence list was:

Played/Trained in a squad with a lot of french players.
                          Is homosexual friendly, may have played/trained with one.
                          Hates United.
                          Loves Harry Redknapp.
                          May be an attacking player, someone with experience of confidence issues.
                          Well educated.
                          Hates pundits.

Pretty sure we had more but thats all I can think off the top of my head: Ricketts fits that bill pretty well actually.

Comment

Adds up too:

I think our evidence list was:

Played/Trained in a squad with a lot of french players.
                            Is homosexual friendly, may have played/trained with one.
                            Hates United.
                            Loves Harry Redknapp.
                            May be an attacking player, someone with experience of confidence issues.
                            Well educated.
                            Hates pundits.

Pretty sure we had more but thats all I can think off the top of my head: Ricketts fits that bill pretty well actually.
                            I just remember seeing him shite on about ideas on twitter to Guardian folk and he has a blog or something. He would tick all those boxes too probably. Has been all over the place so I'd imagine to pass time he got into this. He worked with Canadian broadcasters. Seems to be not stupid. Similar tweets to TSF.

I havn't seen him mentioned but I am convinced.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                Holy Jaysus

[NSFW="NSFW"][/NSFW]
                                Thank you for that

Comment

Shay Given was in Coppers, I offered him a shot of the woman I was with for a handshake, but her burnt her like a witch at the stake. He shook my hand anyway which left me in a state, either

A) He thought the yoke was wrecked and he shook my hand as a pity shake
                                  B) He thought he'd cross a line gobbing her for the sake of a handshake.

I'm confused enough to wish he had've just taken her home, just to avoid the gay fight we had in Ray's pizza when she gave out to me for not wanting to head home to hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    Shay Given was in Coppers, I offered him a shot of the woman I was with for a handshake, but her burnt her like a witch at the stake. He shook my hand anyway which left me in a state, either

I'm confused enough to wish he had've just taken her home, just to avoid the gay fight we had in Ray's pizza when she gave out to me for not wanting to head home to hers.

Comment

A

Comment

A
                                        B

Comment

also met the ex in Coppers, fml. I hate that place so much, and I swear every time not to go. She doesn't drink, never has, so its always bizarre bumpin into her there. In the temple of Irish alcoholics.

Had some serious drunken chats with her, her being sober is a blow.

May have to pray she'll meet up with me during the week for the chats now, to fix whatever damage tonight did.

ah bollox, is the queen still around on Thursday? Gotta be up driving in 3 hours.. FMLFMLLFMLFMLFMFLMF

also, the girl I was with had serious evils for the ex, who hadn't a clue who the girl I was with was. BITCHES be ABSO Crazy imo.

ALSO< got a call looking for some green green grass of home, if anyone knows here I could get my hands on some, do PM. Sods of turf not necesssary, smallers sections fin
                                          Last edited by Emmet; 19-05-11, 03:49.

Comment

Mo you mess! Least your over the stress imo.

Comment

fuck off steve

(K.... is pissed at me, I'm not sure why, any clues????)

Comment

I meant the exam stress. Not KarenB stress.

Comment

I meant the exam stress. Not KarenB stress.
                                                  KarenO stress, KarenB stress is Beaks'.

KarenB is graaaand sure, no stress, just some craic for Me!

Comment

Whatever. Point still stands.

Comment

grand, night

Comment

I will give you guys some space.

Comment

KarenO stress, KarenB stress is Beaks'.

KarenB is graaaand sure, no stress, just some craic for Me!
                                                          Actually, back to this. Was one of the birds tonight Trashers?

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                            Trailfinders to them in the 1100-1400 euro range, loadsa stopovers, seems like good value. I've never compared but i'd imagine if you looked at USIT or googled a bit you'd find something to compare it to.
                                                            Yeah was just hoping someone knew more about them cos googling it get so many results, most of which are spammy it's hard to filter out the bs

Comment

I doubt its made up (could be though), and I would wager that if its real they have gone to some trouble to cover their tracks, so a lot of the names/events will be deliberately misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                Betting on who will succeed Dominique Strauss-Kahn:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/daily...ebettingbegins
                                                                thanks SHD

there's a standout bet there already
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

lol

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

What We Know from the article on 12 May 2012: In a season where he got relegated from the Premiership on the final day, it was with 5 minutes to go in the game that his team groaned due to a goal g…
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

bastards have pulled the market

dglnwo[gnwo[bnfo[bn[EBN BAEOPGBN]PEMBDLLDLghnanfkqkdfj

Comment

Most of those clues would lead to Lampard.

Comment

Rohan Ricketts is one of the worst football analysts on Twitter and thats saying something. He's worse than Xavi with his ridiculous utopian views of the game, but unlike Xavi he's completely average at the game. He just continually blames everyone else for the fact his career has fallen apart and how his true ability hasn't been recognised and that he's playing in the Yugoslav Division 8 or wherever the f*ck he's ended up now. No it's not, you just weren't very good you delusional tw*t.

I very much doubt he's the secret footballer as he wouldn't be able to get through a column without moaning about some club who let him go, or pimping himself out as if he still had any future in the top levels of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

PP still have it, who am I betting on?
                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Why do you think Weber is so hot for it?
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

you forgot option c)

Shea Given can soul read and knows when bitches be crazy yo.
                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

wait, hold up.... you turned down a lady so you could go home and post on the internet about meeting Shea Given?
                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Why do you think Weber is so hot for it?
                                                                                    I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                      PP still have it, who am I betting on?
                                                                                      PP's oddsmakers have obviously been told not to fuck up again

that's about the worst value market I've ever seen. Hills was great, top six had no chance.

Comment

Who was the standout?

I was looking at the deputy head at 10-1
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I don't.
                                                                                          They are never going to let Brown have it are they

Comment

I assume its Lagarde, 16/1 in the original Hills Market, 8/11 with Paddys.

Comment

They are never going to let Brown have it are they
                                                                                              there's more chance of Bertie getting it

Comment

Very sad to hear of the passing of Dr Garret Fitzgerald. RIP.
                                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Why do the French own the role?

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

the only one in the PP market that's of interest at those prices is Tharman Unpronounceable (the Singaporean dude) @ 33/1

actually it's a great price if you think the IMF might go for a major realignment this time around, highly unlikely though given the European situation.

fu Hills

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                        Very sad to hear of the passing of Dr Garret Fitzgerald. RIP.
                                                                                                        Even sadder that we as a Nation preferred Charlie Haughy and the traitorous scum of Fianna Fail for most his career.

My Favourite bit on the radio this morning was the quote that when he left Aer Lingus after working there as an economist for ten years that they replaced him with 'Four managers and two computers'.
                                                                                                        We'll never see his likes again.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-05-11, 09:59.

Comment

Yeah was just hoping someone knew more about them cos googling it get so many results, most of which are spammy it's hard to filter out the bs
                                                                                                          This might seem obvious but athread on the boards travel forum or even a search on it could result in some decent info.
                                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Even sadder that we as a Nation preferred Charlie Haughy and the traitorous scum of Fianna Fail for most his career.

My Favourite bit on the radio this morning was the quote that when he left Aer Lingus after working their as an economist for ten years that they replaced him with 'Four managers and two computers'.
                                                                                                            We'll never see his likes again.
                                                                                                            I don't think we have had a decent Taoiseach since he was in office and I'm including the current one.
                                                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Hills have updated their prices

what a load of unmitigated bullshit

Lagarde now 6/4 from, eh, 14/1.

Tharman now 8/1 on Hills, 40/1 on PP. He is the leading Asian contender imo (the Indian guy is too old).

can someone with a PP online account check how much you can get on him? I'm guessing maybe a fiver
                                                                                                              Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 19-05-11, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                thats just wrong but funny

Comment

Tharman now 8/1 on Hills, 40/1 on PP. He is the leading Asian contender imo (the Indian guy is too old).

can someone with a PP online account check how much you can get on him? I'm guessing maybe a fiver
                                                                                                                  Tenner here

Comment

Could the Secret Footballer not be Michael Carrick, seems to fit the bill on most points.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Nobody from outside of Europe has ever had the job. The UK is one of the most powerful members and have never had the job. Would Gordon Brown not be a good bet?

Comment

Queen mania has reached ridiculous levels here. I walked in this morning to fin them unwrapping a life sized stature of Queen Victoria in the lobby.

Comment

Nobody from outside of Europe has ever had the job.
                                                                                                                          I know, that's why the original 14/1 Lagarde seemed too good to be true

There is a push for change within the IMF but, given the unstable situation, it's probably not the right time

The UK is one of the most powerful members and have never had the job. Would Gordon Brown not be a good bet?
                                                                                                                          no, the UK government will block him

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X