This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    I thought his novel was called Faster than the speed of love?

Comment

People who practice THE SECRET don't get cancer, so it is not a concern.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Just checked the UPC website after Digiman stuck up his new speed, I can upgrade my 30 meg from €42 a month to 50 meg for €45 a month sweet
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
          It would become dangerous if people started using positive thinking to try and cure cancer rather then visit a doctor. But then again, some people may say that's just evolution in action....

Personally I see it as a failing of education that such a book can be so successful. It really makes me appreciative of the education and upbringing which I have received. Undoubtedly, this is the type of book that my ma would love.
          what a crock of shite!!! Are you suggesting that every person that read the book didnt have the fancy upbringing and wonderful education like you supposedly had!
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

I was really positive I was going to win this hand. obv the turn and river were meant to come out

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, 11 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t5880)
            BB (t3092)
            UTG (t13650)
            UTG+1 (t15013)
            MP1 (t11230)
            MP2 (t4310)
            MP3 (t10225)
            CO (t5930)
            Button (t4580)

Hero's M: 32.67

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A, 7, A
            2 folds, MP1 calls t120, 1 fold, MP3 calls t120, CO calls t120, 1 fold, Hero bets t600, 2 folds, MP3 calls t480, CO calls t480

Flop: (t2040) Q, 3, 2 (3 players)
            Hero bets t1560, MP3 raises to t6720, 1 fold, Hero calls t3720 (All-In)

Turn: (t12600) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t12600) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t12600

Results:
            Hero had Q, A, 7, A (one pair, Aces).
            MP3 had 7, 4, 9, 10 (straight, seven high).
            Outcome: MP3 won t12600

Comment

Hmm strange I am my time set to GMT but yet its showing as 1 hour behind

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                what a crock of shite!!! Are you suggesting that every person that read the book didnt have the fancy upbringing and wonderful education like you supposedly had!
                I'm not for one second suggesting that, in fact I don't really see where you are getting that from...

I went to a catholic school whereby members of faculty, priests and laypeople, encouraged us to come to our own conclusions, to form an opinion based around logical argument (I know for some that this might sound a bit hypocritical coming from priests). They fully accepted peoples opinions on all matters, religious or otherwise, as long as you had some sort of logical thought process behind your opinion.
                I am not too long out of school, and realise that in a different time people didn't have this type of education.
                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Hmm strange I am my time set to GMT but yet its showing as 1 hour behind
                  You sure your date is set correctly? Daylight savings time might not be accounted for? Also check there isn't a GMT (summer time) setting.

Comment

Step away from the computer imo. It's that time of the month again isn't it
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I doubt that is what he means. I think he means that a better education, which he was lucky to have, is more likely to shield him from false logic and scam artists as he has a solid basis in deductive reasoning and logic as well as basic understadings of chemistry, physics and biology as well as some level of psychology.
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm not for one second suggesting that, in fact I don't really see where you are getting that from...

I went to a catholic school whereby members of faculty, priests and laypeople, encouraged us to come to our own conclusions, to form an opinion based around logical argument (I know for some that this might sound a bit hypocritical coming from priests). They fully accepted peoples opinions on all matters, religious or otherwise, as long as you had some sort of logical thought process behind your opinion.
                        I am not too long out of school, and realise that in a different time people didn't have this type of education.
                        fair enough but my conclusions at 40 years of age are mine!
                        i only said I think the book is brill and you say that the priests etc fully accept peoples opinions on all matters !

so therefore if you were schooled that way you should be able to accept mine .
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

We should all read THE SECRET and see what we think.

It could be like some sort of Club where someone picks a book and then we all read The Book.

Comment

fair enough but my conclusions at 40 years of age are mine!
                            i only said I think the book is brill and you say that the priests etc fully accept peoples opinions on all matters !

so therefore if you were schooled that way you should be able to accept mine .
                            You clearly didn't read all of what I wrote...

Comment

T I L T. So sick of reading reviews that say a film is really good, going and within twenty minutes loling at my gulability. Hanna, an ABSOLUTE CROCK of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                I doubt that is what he means. I think he means that a better education, which he was lucky to have, is more likely to shield him from false logic and scam artists as he has a solid basis in deductive reasoning and logic as well as basic understadings of chemistry, physics and biology as well as some level of psychology.
                                JESUS CHRIST i only said I really like the book The secret and look how this has ended up AGAIN!!!

I like the book it has done some things for me , you could be a fuckin buddist for all i know and care, but im not going to pick faults with it!
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

You clearly didn't read all of what I wrote...
                                  ok maybe I didnt but thats because im thick right now and everyone knows I type without thinking, if i am calm by tomorrow i shall run over it again!
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Finished exams high tine too went on long enough. Hopefully no repeats and I'll be in Vegas in august well in! Midday pints shoeing their effect now

Comment

BST Tyler

Comment

ok maybe I didnt but thats because im thick right now and everyone knows I type without thinking, if i am calm by tomorrow i shall run over it again!
                                        I wouldn't worry about it tbh. If I were you I'd just find a good hatersgonnahate.gif and bookmark it.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it tbh. If I were you I'd just find a good hatersgonnahate.gif and bookmark it.
                                          oh dont mind me im full of PMT.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

that secrets book is a pile of shite

SPOILER

Comment

JESUS CHRIST i only said I really like the book The secret and look how this has ended up AGAIN!!!

I like the book it has done some things for me , you could be a fuckin buddist for all i know and care, but im not going to pick faults with it!
                                              When people I don't give a toss about start telling me about their religion or feng shui or homeopathy or whatever other bullshit they believe in I just nod and smile and think to myself "retard".

You're a member of this forum. If you express a bullshit opinion prepare to be called out on it. It's part of posting here and you know that by now. It's not meant to insult you it's meant to help you. If you can't see that then that's your tough shit but I have had it with your fucking tantrums so give it a rest!

If I see someone being scammed and I care enough to try and show them that theyre being scammed I don't expect to get a load of guff in return.

Comment

You sure your date is set correctly? Daylight savings time might not be accounted for? Also check there isn't a GMT (summer time) setting.
                                                Its on this site, time is set to GMT and automatically detect DST.

Comment

You could cut the sexual tension with a knife.

Comment

running terrible today which isnt a good sign for cork. need to learn how to win 80+ % for my tournament life

Comment

When people I don't give a toss about start telling me about their religion or feng shui or homeopathy or whatever other bullshit they believe in I just nod and smile and think to myself "retard".

You're a member of this forum. If you express a bullshit opinion prepare to be called out on it. It's part of posting here and you know that by now. It's not meant to insult you it's meant to help you. If you can't see that then that's your tough shit but I have had it with your fucking tantrums so give it a rest!

If I see someone being scammed and I care enough to try and show them that theyre being scammed I don't expect to get a load of guff in return.
                                                      jesus now that is harsh!!!! any opinions i have are MY opinions and and actually not bullshit although u may think they are!
                                                      I did not say you insulted me in any way, im just defending my opinions .

the power of positive thinking IMO is not a scam its a fuckin belief.

I am not throwing a tantrum either which im sick of being accused of!

to express an opinion is a fuckin freedom of speech, they are my beliefs not yours so do not try to change them!

so im a retard, get over it!
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                        You could cut the sexual tension with a knife.
                                                        I may well have gone too far with that last post to be fair.

Comment

I may well have gone too far with that last post to be fair.
                                                          yes you did!!!!

ok stop this right now. i dont want to fight anymore
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

you don't call a raise with A6o preflop. but that knowledge is useless unless you know why you don't call with A6o preflop.
                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Immovable object, unstoppable force.

Collide.

Comment

Keith sometimes when the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.

Comment

jesus now that is harsh!!!! any opinions i have are MY opinions and and actually not bullshit although u may think they are!
                                                                  I did not say you insulted me in any way, im just defending my opinions .

the power of positive thinking IMO is not a scam its a fuckin belief.

I am not throwing a tantrum either which im sick of being accused of!

to express an opinion is a fuckin freedom of speech, they are my beliefs not yours so do not try to change them!

so im a retard, get over it!
                                                                  Way to miss the point. I meant that I don't think you're a retard, I think you deserve to have it properly explained rather than having to fall foul of that scam book.

If you want to keep believing that the lightning comes from Zeus go ahead. I'm sick of arguing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                    BST Tyler
                                                                    No BST on here.

Comment

Way to miss the point. I meant that I don't think you're a retard, I think you deserve to have it properly explained rather than having to fall foul of that scam book.

If you want to keep believing that the lightning comes from Zeus go ahead. I'm sick of arguing with you.
                                                                      fair enough, but i could believe in worse! also i didnt class it as arguing!
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Ah Michelle lets just call it a truce. It's a waste of energy arguing at this hour

Comment

Ok guys mainly Keith and Michelle this is getting absolutely ridiculous and going absolutely nowhere and its gonna turn into something more and nasty than it needs to be I think its best if its just left at this now.

Both of you aren't going to agree on it so just let it be and go on your ways.

Comment

Ah Michelle lets just call it a truce. It's a waste of energy arguing at this hour
                                                                            I am not arguing im going to bed to read the secret
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

can you die from a hangover?
                                                                              only home from 2nights liverpool awhile ago,
                                                                              went to wigan away yesterday what a joke avram grant must have gave the worst half time team-talk ever,
                                                                              is carlton coles miss at the end as bad as i remember? gonna try and bare the highlights now

Comment

we can all agree its not Zeus

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  Ok guys mainly Keith and Michelle this is getting absolutely ridiculous and going absolutely nowhere and its gonna turn into something more and nasty than it needs to be I think its best if its just left at this now.

Both of you aren't going to agree on it so just let it be and go on your ways.
                                                                                  You're so like a Garda. Fight is over, everybody is walking away and you land in and give it the old "ok, break it up" routine.

WP sir

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    immovable object, unstoppable force.

Collide.
                                                                                    Fatnav.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                      we can all agree its not Zeus

SPOILER
                                                                                      god of thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Why didn't anyone tell me before how good Justified is

Elmore Leonard FTW
                                                                                        gotta love the deep south

just watching the last ep of season 1 and my cousin/sister/lover is sending me the second season as I type
                                                                                        Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                                                          gotta love the deep south

just watching the last ep of season 1 and my cousin/sister/lover is sending me the second season as I type
                                                                                          A 3 in 1 deal? How very deep South West of you!

Comment

Kayroo this is especially for you good night

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss_T1-gA56U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss_T1-gA56U[/ame]
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                              is carlton coles miss at the end as bad as i remember? gonna try and bare the highlights now
                                                                                              Horrendous. He's the new Heskey.
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

people who think like sat nav help people who think like kayroo make major $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                  god of thunder.
                                                                                                  cant believe i have to go looking for links

As the Norse god of Thunder, Thor can summon the elements of the storm (lightning; rain; wind; snow)

Comment

just on my way home there now and was stopped at a checkpoint and I was asked if I would let my car be searched due to the Queens visit.. I politely and firmly said no... he asked me why and I gave no reason just saying I was on my way home and had done nothing wrong... He told me that if refused the search I would have to use an alternative route.. I explained that there was no alternative route to my house and after producing ID I was allowed to continue.

What are the chances I have some sort of special branch sit on me for the next few days?

Also does this mean she is coming to my house for tea? WTF... she is not travelling the road to my house afaik unless she is goign to the K club

maybe I just should have let him search the car
                                                                                                    Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                                      cant believe i have to go looking for links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_%2..._and_abilities
                                                                                                      ahem

This article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. Please help rewrite it to explain the fiction more clearly and provide non-fictional perspective. (January 2011)

Comment

It's the Placebo effect people

No need for arguments at all. What Michelle is describing is the Placebo effect (which is very real). Positive thinking, prayer, homeopathy etc can't physically change a thing but there is no doubt that positive thinking in the brain does impact performance (just not because of any external guiding hand). Really great article here actually (I particularly liked the snipe at homeopathy)
                                                                                                        Last edited by markc; 16-05-11, 22:51.

Comment

Massively entertaining

Kayroo and Michelle I salute you. Genuinely going through the entire spectrum of emotions here reading the last page or so.

Disbelief, Despair, Agreement, Disbelief, Frustration, FRUSTRATION.
                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Can someone PM me the secret please, I'm dying to know what it is!!
                                                                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                                                                                              No need for arguments at all. What Michelle is describing is the Placebo effect (which is very real). Positive thinking, prayer, homeopathy etc can't change a thing but there is no doubt that positive thinking in the brain does impact performance (just not because of any external guiding hand). Really great article here actually (I particularly liked the snipe at homeopathy)
                                                                                                              http://www.independent.ie/health/cas...r-2647852.html
                                                                                                              homeopathy.

Homeopathy

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                                However, no matter what thoughts you're thinking, either positive/negative, it won't affect the random cards dealt out in a game of poker. Doesn't matter if you're about to top yourself or after dropping two ecscacy tabs, you simply have no control over what card is coming on the river.
                                                                                                                this is simply not true!! how many times has a donk shouted positively at the river card calling for the one 6 left in the deck after you got him to ship the loot to your nuts... and it appears from the heavens for him.. the fist pump and the shouts of glee are also done in a positive manner when the 6 duly turns over...
                                                                                                                Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                  €30 in my bank and I'll tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                    The secret is that the only way to get success from a self-help book is to write one..

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                      €30 in my bank and I'll tell you.
                                                                                                                      transferred, and I feel happier already, IT WORKS!!!
                                                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Am I reading this post right?:

Is there a €5 reg fee for a last longest bet in there? I can't be right.

Edit: judging by Nuck's post I must be wrong.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Caf; 16-05-11, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                          T I L T. So sick of reading reviews that say a film is really good, going and within twenty minutes loling at my gulability. Hanna, an ABSOLUTE CROCK of nonsense.
                                                                                                                          I must be the only person that liked this film

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X