Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh google predictor. So it's Lena now who will win.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
      I take it being in the first half of the draw is an advantage now as the lines are open from the start?
      You'd think that but the consensus is that the latter songs have the advantage.

Comment

LOL at the UK drift on betfair. Lots of money coming for Moldova. If I lose I want them to win even ahead of Jedward
        Profit before people.

Comment

Zeri's pushing the French for favouritism. Ireland out to 12s, the dream is over?

Spain doing a 'My Lovely Horse' here - sure I've heard that song before.

Comment

Missed Spain due to two year old wanting a bottle.Don't think I missed much.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Zeri's pushing the French for favouritism. Ireland out to 12s, the dream is over?

Spain doing a 'My Lovely Horse' here - sure I've heard that song before.
              AJ we having a bet?

Comment

Ukraine the artist is brilliant the singer is hot the song is shit.

Comment

Was it Azerbaijan we were all furiously laying last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                    Ukraine the artist is brilliant the singer is hot the song is shit.
                    The sand art thing was really impressive. Hot chick, shite song.
                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

5 years on, and I'm still sick that I didn't lump on Lordi

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh3hj9-J76Y&feature=related[/ame]
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                        AJ we having a bet?
                        Stuck one up just before the start, don't think anyone took it. Disillusioned now, as my opposition to the front two looks inspired.

Comment

Psychedelic baby Serbia

Comment

If i could be soOT to say Andy Murray serving for the match on sky sports4 against Djoco

Comment

Jesus Christ. Please tell me someone is watching million pound drop?

Comment

Acid blinding sentence postponed by Iran after international outcry

SPOILER

Originally posted by the guardian

Iran has postponed blinding a man with acid following an international outcry over the retributive punishment imposed after he was found guilty of doing the same to a woman who refused to marry him.

In a literal application of the sharia law of an eye for an eye, Majid Movahedi was scheduled to be rendered unconscious in Tehran's judiciary hospital today while his victim, Ameneh Bahrami, dropped acid in both his eyes.

But Iran's semi-official ISNA news agency reported that officials had postponed the sentence on Friday night and not indicated when the punishment might be carried out in future.

Bahrami, who had asked for an eye-for-an-eye retribution in a criminal court in Tehran, was not informed of the postponement.

In a highly publicised dossier in November 2008, the court ordered qisas (retribution) on Movahedi after he admitted throwing a jar of acid in his victim's face while she was returning home from work in 2004.

Bahrami, who was left blind and disfigured by the attack, told the court in 2008: "He was holding a red container in his hand. He looked into my eyes for a second and threw the contents of the red container into my face."

Movahedi was also required to pay compensation. Bahrami refused to accept the "blood money" and told the court: "Inflict the same life on him that he inflicted on me."

Iranian officials have endorsed the sentence in the hope of halting an increase in the rate of acid attacks. But human rights activists have warned against an "inhumane" sentence.

"It is unbelievable that the Iranian authorities would consider implementing such a punishment," Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui, deputy director of Amnesty International's Middle East and North Africa Programme, said today.

"Regardless of how horrific the crime suffered by Ameneh Bahrami, being blinded with acid is a cruel and inhuman punishment amounting to torture and the Iranian authorities have a responsibility under international law to ensure it does not go ahead."

Since the attack, Bahrami has undergone 17 operations, including an unsuccessful attempt to reconstruct her face in Spain. Her injuries led to the loss of one eye and although she recovered 40% of her sight in the remaining eye, an infection in 2007 left her totally blind.

Bahrami has consistently demanded retribution for her injuries, and has insisted that the punishment be carried out.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Stuck one up just before the start, don't think anyone took it. Disillusioned now, as my opposition to the front two looks inspired.
                                  I said I'd take 5/4 if you give me azerbijan too....

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                    5 years on, and I'm still sick that I didn't lump on Lordi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh3hj...eature=related
                                    Likewise, used to know a guy online from Finland who started backing then from 80/1 all the way in and kept backing them at 3/1 for silly amounts.
                                    I eventually stook a tenner on them at shit odds.

Comment

€1 ew @100/1 on Georgia wouldn't go too far astray due to the draw.

Comment

Georgia jaysus

Comment

I said I'd take 5/4 if you give me azerbijan too....
                                          Nah, I was the one looking for the 5/4 The field (and Azeri was definitely one of those I wanted on my side).
                                          Probably looks like an attempted rip off now though at the time France and Ireland were taking out 55% of the book so it was close to fair odds.

I'll leave her now.

Comment

I thought this was worth a post here from another forum. It reminds me of a certain persons posting style here.

Exclusive - Comolli Scouting Secrets Revealed

A few weeks ago I was down the pub, just popped in for a swift half like. And I get talking to this bloke who works in Currys (we're talking electrical retailer not vindaloo). He reckons that around November last year, he sold a job lot of flat screen tellys to LFC. Since then - he's been shipping out an average of 2 or three a week - delivered directly to Damian Comolli's house.

"But What does he want with hundreds of TV's?" He says. "I mean, you can only watch one at a time - even if you have the full box set of Entourage!".

That night I couldn't sleep. It made sense that a famous football scout should be watching plenty of player videos - but why so many screens? Fever dreams washed over me - Comolli pacing up and down in front of an army of LCD's, looming in front of him like the Berlin Wall.

Eventually I difted off and when I awoke the next day, I thought no more about it.

Then the other night I was watching an old Jeff Goldblum film "The Fly" and was stunned by the similarity between Damian and Jeff. Again, I went to bed troubled. I felt like I was close to a discovery, but it was still just out of reach.

Out of reach until now. Last night I was talking to my Uncle Ringo, an optician by trade. Uncle Ringo has a new temporary patient - one Damian Comolli. Ringo confided in me that Camolli has a rare optical condition that effectively means he has compound eyes - like a fly. It allows him to focus on and process information from a myriad of sources at the same time. This must be what allows him to watch and assess so many player videos at the same time and sort the meat from the Quorn.

"He may be half man half insect" Ringo says."But if he finds us the next Gareth Bale, he's earned his jam and is ok by me".

"Too true" I says "Then we'll all be buzzing".
                                            Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post

SPOILER
                                              Blinding him isn't enough.

Comment

I can see Eurovision being a highlight of my year for years to come until suitors arrive to relieve me of my girls.Such a fun night.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                  Jesus. Can't say he doesn't deserve it the cowardly fk.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                    Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                    Jesus. Can't say he doesn't deserve it the cowardly fk.
                                                    Kind of unfortunate that she wouldn't get to see the result, if it went ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                      sevral cuts to arteries and veins till he bleeds to death should be standard

Comment

I'm now on the joint favs @ 12s, and odds against in various smaller markets.Nice bit of shippage anticipated to go with a night of fun and Captain Morgans.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                          cant understand that usually there bastards over there, 100 lashes if your even thought to have had pre marital sex, a hand cut off if you steal...eye(s) for an eye(s) and all that, think he would be getting off easy at that
                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

These were my bets should i lay off the UK for safety?

My eurovision bets ive gone a little mad probably my biggest bet ever but the info came from a good source and the markets are apparently very badly priced.

I will be looking to lay off most of these bets at some stage.

Ive layed the Uk to finish in the top 4 im risking €128 for €57.

Ive €44 on Bosnia @ 17/1

Ive €15 on Russia @ 44/1

So basically lets hope the Uk are shite & Bosnia/Russia go well.
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

How long until the bit where they go "Hi from beautiful Bratislava, what a great show! Here is our points allocation:..."? That's the only bit worth watching imo.

Comment

HAPYP NEW YEAR!!11!

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                  I wouldn't bother. Nobody ever votes for the UK

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                    I wouldn't bother. Nobody ever votes for the UK
                                                                    True think the 2 country bets are dead losses at this stage.
                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                      The UK were shite. Bosnia and Russia look like no hopers.

Comment

Ah balls, where's the big production for the break, feel robbed. Who's this cnut!

Comment

Let the UK bet ride they haven't a hope imo get off the other two.

Needing four 12 point votes for Azerbaijan for early shippage.
                                                                          Last edited by Sirtoyou; 14-05-11, 21:22.

Comment

Ah balls, where's the big production for the break, feel robbed. Who's this cnut!
                                                                            Its during atrocities like this that you realise we truly are closer to Boston than Berlin.

Comment

Jdownloader problem. Files say "Loaded at etc" but it's not downloading, have tried various different files so not sure what the problem is. Anyone ideas?

Comment

Any of ye really think Jedward will be in the top 5?

Comment

Yay, German ad-libbing at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                    Let the UK bet ride they haven't a hope imo get off the other two.

Needing four 12 point votes for Azerbaijan for early shippage.
                                                                                    They're shit but do they not have a squeek due to their previous popularity across europe(presuming they were popular)?

Comment

Good chance they will be they just wont win imo.

Comment

Germany do a lot of things right but hosting the Eurovision definitely isn't one!
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Germany do a lot of things right but hosting the Eurovision definitely isn't one!
                                                                                          best.presenters.ever

highlight was the guy giving England the rub down over their penalty shoot out record.

Comment

They're shit but do they not have a squeek due to their previous popularity across europe(presuming they were popular)?
                                                                                            I think they're too fuckin cheesy even for eurovision.Take That would win.

Comment

You wont be able to get off the Bosnia or Russia unless they do well early. Bosnia are now 150/1 to win.

Comment

believe

Follow me in twitterland

Comment

lol

Comment

it says 41 countries voting,,,,

long night ahead methinks

Comment

Haven't a prayer

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                        Ah it was pretty good relatively speaking. I'll forgive them the lack of a proper half time show as they gave us Lena.

Comment

France are bombing!!
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

If we can't win it this year, we haven't a chance in years to come imo.

Comment

Graham Norton tilting me hard saying "we" all the time.

Comment

whats with all the love for the UK
                                                                                                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Not this again. Craig Doyle put this one to bed years ago!

Comment

fkn eastern europeans. They stick to their own

Comment

NICE ON FINLAND

COME ON
                                                                                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Richie Kavanagh next year FTW

10 points pass the sugar WOOOOOOT

Comment

On RTE. Which 'we' is he using. British, Irish, Homosexual, or Royal?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X