X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    stay classy America
    Not directed at you obviously, but it's funny seeing so many people on facebook and twitter and the like, castigating the Americans for their jingoistic reaction to the death. For example alot of people posting that Martin Luther King quote, which isn't even an actual MLK quote.

You'd swear we were a rational, deep-thinking country. When, in fact, most of these people were the ones in uproar and proclaiming a national outrage when some French lad used his hand in a soccer match.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
      You'd swear we were a rational, deep-thinking country. When, in fact, most of these people were the ones in uproar and proclaiming a national outrage when some French lad used his hand in a soccer match.
      that is true

however my list of 'rational, deep-thinking' countries is contained below:

Norway, Sweden, Denmark
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

What kinda managerial chops does Pep have, did he not just handed a truly spectacular team?

What SJ said basically! Barca were in decline when Pep took over, the wheels had fallen off the Rightguard wagon big time. They had a lot of players in decline(Ronny, Zambrotta, Deco, Sylvinho, Edmilson, Thuram, Gudjohnsen), Eto'o and Rightguard were in open war basically. Getting the players behind him was easy for Pep, he knew the system as SJ said and had the respect of the players. Clearing out all the deadwood and blooding in as many players as he has is an extraordinary achievement tbh.

I do feel he has to prove himself away from Barcelona though. I think he believes this also(hence his probably departure in 2012 when his contract expires).

And yeah, as I said. Busquets, horrible human being. It's a shame as he's improved immeasurably as a player and is vastly under-rated and under appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
          Not directed at you obviously, but it's funny seeing so many people on facebook and twitter and the like, castigating the Americans for their jingoistic reaction to the death. For example alot of people posting that Martin Luther King quote, which isn't even an actual MLK quote.

I blame the neutrality bullshit and fintan O'tooles of this world! They are in for some bleeding heart shocks over the next few years and they fucking deserve it.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            it's gas, it's mostly american conservatives that this story is popular with.
            Totally ignoring the fact that if this was the case, the Republicans would have trotted out the body in reposnse to massive polls against Bush.
            Also, a dead Bin Laden before the last election would have waltzed McCain into the White House.
            Ya McCain would have walked it seriously easily with Obama having a fairly anti war record. I guess now that he has won the war on terror he will get all the money needed for an even bigger election campaign and with only Sarah the mentalist Pallin in opposition so far. No doubt the republicans will pull someone out to run bu i have no idea who is even close to being able to make a credible challenge.

Healthcare scandal, broken economy and all the rest are now washed away with the killing of Osama and I am sure he is now right back up the popularity polls and one of the most popular US presidents of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
              Ya McCain would have walked it seriously easily with Obama having a fairly anti war record. I guess now that he has won the war on terror he will get all the money needed for an even bigger election campaign and with only Sarah the mentalist Pallin in opposition so far. No doubt the republicans will pull someone out to run bu i have no idea who is even close to being able to make a credible challenge.
              Mitch Daniels, on at 20/1 for the nomination

Comment

stay classy America
                raise
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVXUCpyd0t8[/ame]
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Also this dude appears to have inadvertently live blogged the operation. Some lad in Pakistan living a couple of kilometres away. Scroll down to his first tweet dated May 1 and read from there...
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I'll be in Nigeria that week and due back home on the Saturday morning, probably coming through Heathrow so I could grab a train to Cardiff.
                    Unfortunately I am running about 0 from 25 for getting home on time about the tuesday or Wednesday there will be almost inevitably be a conversation that starts 'There's a little problem in..."

Did you see that for Heaslip's try Jamie was the only one who even thought he might have got it down, the Ref had blown for the penalty and Jamie was Roaring that he'd scored and Leo went to the ref and asked him to go upstairs with it.
                    I was in row AA in the top tier! I had a fantastic view of the backline alignment if that helps!
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Kayroo, I'm pretty sure I saw you this morning outside the law library, 9.am chatting to a girl. I tried to catch your eye to wave hello but you didn't see me, didn't want to interrupt.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Kayroo, I'm pretty sure I saw you this morning outside the law library, 9.am chatting to a girl. I tried to catch your eye to wave hello but you didn't see me, didn't want to interrupt.
                        clearly didn't want some filthy criminal disturbing his flow while putting the moves on

wp kayroo imo

Comment

for those that dont venture outside the bbv. thread on the main page, any help would be appreciated.

As some of you may know I am going to travel to central/south america in october. This is purely a self centered trip and something I have wanted to do for a while. However with the amount of poverty in the world these days perhaps its best to give back something more than just spending cash, but rather time, effort and care. I have had a great upbringing, went to private school, free university, traveled and enjoyed the finer things in life. At some point or other I have taken these for granted. A great opportunity has arisen for me in the last day or so, My friend needs a travel partner to volunteer in a colombian orphanage with them. It will be 6 weeks of extremely tough but immensely rewarding work. I would have to go June 14th until the end of July, I would be helping in an under priveldged orphanage in the poorest part of Bogota and its something that i have thought I should give back, especially with how I have lived life so far.

Here is the link to the site and a brief description below of what would be required of me.

Quote:
                          All South American countries are suffering from huge numbers of orphaned children whose lives have been disrupted from war, murder, neglect, abuse, poverty and disease resulting in a larger number of orphanages in countries such as Colombia. Contributing to this disproportionate number of orphanages is the fact that in some cases the parents are simply unable to provide for the children or they have been abandoned. Therefore, there is a huge need for volunteers within our orphanages. Not much money and support go into these houses from the government so there are very few people who work there all day and everyday. The majority of the children are not able to go to school so it's vital the volunteers can teach and educate them as much as possible. They could teach anything from English, Math, Sciences, Arts, Music and Physical Education. Some of the children do go to school and they will need help with their homework. Along with teaching, volunteers who work in an orphanage will help with general work and daily chores and will generally work from 8:00 am till 12.00pm or 1.00pm till 4.00pm. Your participation in an orphanage project is not only appreciated by the children but also by the local support who work there. This work ranges from cooking and cleaning, assisting with feeding programs, caring for the children and the babies.

IVHQ PLACEMENT: Asociacion Hogar Ninos Por Un Nuevo Planeta
                          Located in an underprivileged district in Bogota, this particular project is home to about 150+ children and the majority of them live in the orphanage. The children are of all ages, from new born babies to 18 year olds so the work is varied. You can spend the first hour of your time feeding and tending to the newborns, then move on to entertaining and playing sport with 11 year olds, and finally to teaching English to 15 year olds. These children receive very little education and so there is great need for volunteers here who are willing to teach. They do not need any experience or teaching qualifications just a good sense of humour and a will to educate. In addition to teaching, the volunteer will also spend their time playing games, dancing, drawing, painting and reading with all the children. We will sometimes work in the afternoons and will arrive at the orphanage after 1.00pm so we tend to miss lunch but the volunteer will still need to assist with the feeding of the babies and to help with the snacks for the rest of the children. There is plenty of maintenance work to do also. The volunteer may find themselves painting, washing clothes, sweeping and organizing huge closets for the children. The children here are very cheerful and cheeky so it's constant laughs and giggles as soon as you walk through the door. Amazingly, the orphanage is ran by one lady who speaks fluent English but do not expect an easy ride language wise, she will teach and test you for fun in Spanish only. Importantly, she is always there to point out the work that needs to be done.
                          I told them that I would go if I got help with fundraising. Its a great charitable cause and with the huge growth in the forum lately I figured it could only help me reach my target goal. The programme cost is 750, flights are roughly 900-1000 and then stuff like injections, insurance and visa will be roughly another 500. With that in mind I have a target of raising 2000 euro. Now this sounds like a lot of cash but for your moneys worth there will be untold suffering on my behalf, being a red head in cololmbia means im going to burn every day, going to be dying in the heat and no doubt puked on every day by the kids. Pics, trip reports and the odd tale of colombian debauchery will be thrown in. I am looking for funding through family and friends as well as putting my own money in and going to see if i can raise cash other ways like local events. I realistically only have a week or so to let them know if i can do it, hence the urgency on my behalf.

Now id would be great if I raised it all here but I know thats unlikely. So if someone wants to donate the full 2k that would be nice but the more people involved the less the burden is on those involved and the more likely it can go ahead. So while I know I am asking a lot in tougher times it would be greatly appreciated if you's could please help out. It is not only for me but also my mate who wont go by herself if she doesnt find a travel partner. Think of it as a donation to send two people to help 150 or so underprivileged children in one of the poorest area's around for 6 weeks. Any amount is a great help.

If someone would like to act as an escrower for me that would be helpful too. Obviously all monies will be returned if I dont go but chances are if I raise even half then I will pay the rest myself. If you have any questions or queries ask here or by pm and ill answer them as quick as I can.

Thanks again

Gordon/

Comment

i would just like to say that this is not the real lazarre!, but is none other than icarus after hyjacking his account for lolz.
                            until such time as i see photographic evidence of lazare standing on o'connel st bridge holding a big sign saying "iam lazare and iam a free citizen", i refuse to acknowledge this hyjacked account.
                            highly unlikely that a man that has been on the run for 7years could just walk free from our judical system.

Free at last, Free at last, lord above I'm free at last.

Brought Stringer Bell along in case there were any witnesses needing eyeballing.

Serious though, the detective was the soundest guy I've ever met, chatting about the Wire and that with him, told me how much of a pain in the hole CSI is, can't get a murder charge past a jury as they're always demanding ridiculous forensics.

Getting arrested was surprisingly a lot of fun.

Guess I won't have to experience the man sex afterall, Boo.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Guess I won't have to experience the man sex afterall, Boo.
                              You could pm Icarus

Comment

poker players talking to women, lol.

In reality you should have gone over and started telling a bad beat story.
                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I'm an evil bastard... having a nice cup of coffee and a quick catch up here while my victim stews

Think I'll leave him sweat till the first at Punchestown is over
                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-05-11, 13:52.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm an evil bastard... having a nice cup of coffee and a quick catch up here while my victim stews

victim? cliffs?

Comment

Cena sucks

Comment

Would of been alot more fitting if the Undertaker gave that speech

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                            Excellent research here;

When a CEO of a company has a daughter he tends to lower the gender inequality pay gap in his own company in the year she is born.

Love the imagination behind the study
                                            what does he do in the year he gets divorced?

Comment

fu

Comment

what does he do in the year he gets divorced?
                                                Hires young and impressionable interns.

Comment

I popped into the central criminal court earlier to have a nosey, saw the guy who's about to go on trial for this, and watched this guy's case.

In the second one his barrister made a really convincing argument for a suspended sentence, the judge is giving his decision tomorrow at 1pm.

I honestly suspect given the barrister's argument that he will receive a sentence far more lenient than you would expect for a tiger kidnapping.

Fascinating stuff, Paul Reynolds and a TV3 journo were there for the second case, should be something on the news tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

wtf happened in that last race @ punchestown?

Comment

Yeah that would have been me alright. Raoul pretty much nailed it there, solid burn on my part.

Glad you got on ok, there really are a good gaggle of sound Gardaí to be fair. Kinda amazed you didn't mention it to me on Sunday though. I feel so ashamed...
                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        Yeah that would have been me alright. Raoul pretty much nailed it there, solid burn on my part.

Glad you got on ok, there really are a good gaggle of sound Gardaí to be fair. Kinda amazed you didn't mention it to me on Sunday though. I feel so ashamed...
                                                        Yeah, I wanted to chat to you about THOR podcast too, I busted too early and headed home though.

Comment

Chatting to a girl >>>>>>>>>> chatting to Lazare

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to chat to you about THOR podcast too, I busted too early and headed home though.
                                                            That was an ugly ugly hand.

Next time anyway, Mike Duncan isn't going anywhere soon.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                Bubbleking, Got this email from you.. (i snipped the link). Either your hotmail is spamming or you're a weirdo

dood,

I must talk with you in regard to whatever has improved my life into something I'm proud of. You know how I was constantly stressing about money affairs and just how I would pay bills? Anyway I just took a step in just the right direction and I'm now happier than I could have ever have imagined! It needed practically no time for me to get rolling, on top of that even you could manage all of the internet work needed. I really enjoy the way i get to choose my hours and also who I deal with. It is really fantastic. The very next time we chill again, I will let you know a great deal more. If I'm able to get so much so easily, you'll make it so much quicker. I just can't wait to notice yourself on the very top! It's definately more than worth it, believe me. We can easily make some incredible ideas take place if we start now, so we should get going. http://snipped.com It is your chance, dood how about we take advantage of it.
                                                                You don't know when to give up BK, listen i'm not going to be your friend, now just delete me and stop bothering me!

**Obviously nobody click on any of the links**

man,

I wanted to be sure this all worked before I told you about this, but you're going to love me for this knowledge! It has been too long getting here, but I finally learned ways to get ahead with out driving myself insane. I wish you understood just how simple and easy it really is to generate income these days. It just sickens me to think of the amount of time I'd went without having this information! Even if you begin right now, you can be just where we are in less than a month. It's just SO straightforward. I enjoy how I get to decide my own, personal hrs and also which people I work together with. It's always very good. I can't wait to see you again and just show you a lot more. If I could get so much so very easily, you could probably make it even faster. I can't wait to notice yourself on top! You are going to realize just how easy it really is to move forward. You ought to just stop reading this and get going by this time. It's about time for us to get money. http://dq96ca4ar.breakingchan2news.com Listen, man, If this woman is able to accomplish this and i also can do it right, you'll make a fortune.

dood,

I would like to talk with you about just what I'm doing to improve my entire life. Know how I seemed to be always stressing about financial circumstances and how I would catch up on bills? Anyway I took a step in just the right direction and I'm now more happy than you could have ever have imagined! There's just no way I would end up just where I am right now if it hadn't been for using these methods. You may thank us soon. Try it out right now and treat me to dinner after. You will not regret this. You'll pretty much adore me for showing you this thing. You will see. If you can't make money with it, you're a retard. I apologize if that offends you, but nevertheless I'm sure that you're able and this is really So very straight forward! It really is worth the time, believe me. Now it's time all of us just quit barely making it and start getting paid. Why don't we try this. http://wgcdcn1.chann18news.com/ Now i'm letting you know, donal you are gonna earn such a lot of cash you won't figure out what you can achieve by using it all!

old pal,

We have to talk about this new strategy I am using. It's changed my entire life. Know how I was incessantly worrying about financial circumstances and just how I would take care of the bills? Okay guess what?, Your pc will be your best pal as soon as you give this thing a try for just a few weeks. We began almost a couple of weeks ago and now I can't be any happier right now. This one improved my entire life for the better. I can also help you get started out and as soon as you've got used to it all, you'll also be making big money too. The next time we party, I'll try to tell you a whole lot more. If you cannot earn money with all of this, you may be a retard. I'm sorry if it offends you, but then I know you're equipped and it's really SO easy to do! You had better not even abandon hope before trying this one first! You may be alot more succesful than I am plus I am bringing in bank, which means that there's no good reason to finally not really do the same. http://xk9bxadr4.newsreportchan03.com/ You can and will definitely make magic happen. Just give it a try, old pal. You'll see what I'm trying to say.

buddy,

I must talk with you in regards to something that has changed my entire life into something I'm proud of. I am finally in the green. You really should have tried this before. Well I've found a solution to your troubles and it's about time I shared it all with somebody. We got going about a month ago and I could hardly be happier these days. This thing improved my life for the better. I enjoy how I get to choose my own, personal hours as well as who I do business with. It really is incredible. You'll probably love me for telling you some of this thing. You will understand. You will see how easy it is when you finally start up. Actually I didn't think that it might be SO simple... Here's the chance to turn your family's life completely around. If you're prepared to flip everything around, I shall be right here to help you. http://uxpaaq2.breakingchan2news.com Listen closely, buddy, If this lady could get it done and I too can get it done, you're definitely going to make a small fortune.

Comment

.... Kinda amazed you didn't mention it to me on Sunday though. I feel so ashamed...
                                                                  LOL Like there was a chance of anyone getting a word in edgeways at that table
                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-05-11, 15:26.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Question for BBV, best place for a lump sum of money to get some interest on it?

AIB have a 3.7% AER for a 12 month fixed term
                                                                    Permanent TSB have a 4.22% AER for a 24 month fixed term

Anywhere better than this or any reason why i wouldnt go with one of them.
                                                                    Whats the difference between the gross interest rate and AER?

SPOILER
                                                                    I dont know what a tracker morgage is!

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                      Question for BBV, best place for a lump sum of money to get some interest on it?

any reason why i wouldnt go with one of them

Comment

LOL Like there was a chance of anyone getting a word in edgeways at that table
                                                                        Jealous much?

Comment

Guess who trained those Navy Seals

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

That was an ugly ugly hand.

Next time anyway, Mike Duncan isn't going anywhere soon.
                                                                            That guy is crazy. I've gotten as far as episode 23b. His commitment is absolutely huge. I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post

Anywhere better than this or any reason why i wouldnt go with one of them.
                                                                              Whats the difference between the gross interest rate and AER?

SPOILER
                                                                              I dont know what a tracker morgage is!
                                                                              Mattress ldo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                Mattress ldo.
                                                                                can't corralita a mattress

Comment

I think Raoul might get a kick out of this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxVdU2eVYSg[/ame]
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                    That guy is crazy. I've gotten as far as episode 23b. His commitment is absolutely huge. I'm really enjoying it.
                                                                                    That's the war with Hannibal right?

The most riveting section so far (I'm at Caesar crossing the Rubicon). I had a vague idea of Hannibal, knew he led a Carthiginian invasion, but didn't know the full story. Absolutely fascinating, why he didn't march on Rome after Hennae [sp] is a total mystery.

Comment

can't corralita a mattress
                                                                                      depends on the value of an Punt Nua, (considering Irish governemtns have been waiting for a chance to legislate what does on in the bedroom)
                                                                                      Last edited by Zod; 03-05-11, 15:53.

Comment

That's the war with Hannibal right?

The most riveting section so far (I'm at Caesar crossing the Rubicon). I had a vague idea of Hannibal, knew he led a Carthiginian invasion, but didn't know the full story. Absolutely fascinating, why he didn't march on Rome after Hennae [sp] is a total mystery.
                                                                                        The walls were too big and appartently he didnt think they had a chance of storming it. He had also decided that if he set up for a seige the allies surrounding would have cut off all his supplies and they would have essentailly become besieged whilst laying siege if that makes any sense.

A decent resupply from home and he would have had the manpower to do it and the resources required but his army was fairly beaten up at theat stage and had a large percentage of gauls who he didnt trust for much more than getting killed. In short politics screwed him.

Comment

pal o mine max Heinzelmann hu for ept san remo stream on pokerstars.tv
                                                                                          unreaL run, lost hu in last ept in berlin, just lost a pot for the trophy with straight v set allin on turn, board pairs on rvr to snatch it away from him...

back to back final tables in two largest field ept v impressive
                                                                                          Last edited by Midnitekowby; 03-05-11, 16:25.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                              pal o mine max Heinzelmann hu for ept san remo stream on pokerstars.tv
                                                                                              unreaL run, lost hu in last ept in berlin, just lost a pot for the trophy with straight v set allin on turn, board pairs on rvr to snatch it away from him...

back to back final tables in two largest field ept v impressive
                                                                                              he's a sicko wp'ed

Comment

Can we get as one of the subject icon's for sending pm's and for posts.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                  he's a sicko wp'ed
                                                                                                  2nd in succesive epts

Comment

...

Comment

Need a brief clip of some boring fck on RTE or BBC news today saying something along the lines of "and in the markets today, Bank of Ireland were up 2 cent, while AIB fell 3 cent" - you know that standard bit they throw in at the end of the news - lasts about 20 secs? How would I go about getting something like that, if can't see it on youtube?
                                                                                                      If you have an iphone, film it and upload it yourself

Comment

...

Comment

Excellent research here;

When a CEO of a company has a daughter he tends to lower the gender inequality pay gap in his own company in the year she is born.

Love the imagination behind the study
                                                                                                          Nicking this for use in my HR exam this Thurs, cheers!

Comment

Teams are in for the Classico;

Barca: Valdes, Alves, Masch, Pique, Puyol, Biscuits, Xaviesta, Messi, Villa, Pedro

Real: Casillas, Arbeloa, Albiol, Carvalho, Marcelo, Alonso, Lass, Di Maria, Kaka, CR, Higuain

No Ozil is the big surprise for me. He's important for Real. Starting Kaka is a big gamble. Barca lining up as expected.

No Pepe is a massive blow for Real too. Their best defender and no Ramos will hurt them also. Arbeloa and Albiol though solid, are not as mobile as Pepe and Ramos. Could be a problem for them.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Moneymaker; 03-05-11, 18:03.

Comment

don't, also don't even have a TV tbh

Here ya go buddy,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDzxOgAwTPk[/ame]

Comment

Got word earlier for The Bear Trap in the last race at Punchestown (15 mins), 20/1 at the minute. Usually a reliable enough source, but it's probably a good bumper so don't go mad.

Comment

...

Comment

Need a brief clip of some boring fck on RTE or BBC news today saying something along the lines of "and in the markets today, Bank of Ireland were up 2 cent, while AIB fell 3 cent" - you know that standard bit they throw in at the end of the news - lasts about 20 secs? How would I go about getting something like that, if can't see it on youtube?
                                                                                                                    RTE player?
                                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                      Got word earlier for The Bear Trap in the last race at Punchestown (15 mins), 20/1 at the minute. Usually a reliable enough source, but it's probably a good bumper so don't go mad.
                                                                                                                      Into 11/1 on PP now

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                        Into 11/1 on PP now
                                                                                                                        18.5 on betfair.
                                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                          Into 11/1 on PP now
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                          18.5 on betfair.
                                                                                                                          SP should be bigger. He went from 24 to 13.5 withing a minute on Betfair but has eased back out again.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X