• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    dundons supplying the weapons?
    The Keanes ldo

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
      Guess I'm the only sucker in work, working on Monday as well. Dedication.
      Me too, with the added bonus of four hours tomorrow morning also. And I just went out for lunch planning to get a carvery in the pub round the corner. Easter fucking sucks.
      "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Nope, stuck here with 4 laptops and a PC to get sorted, standing by for any remote support too. At least it is quiet and no head wreckers about just yet.

Time for some grub.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

suggestions for things to do with no money today?
            Already answered.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
            Four to six hours a day for four months for an extra inch

Story: http://healthland.time.com/2011/04/2...ake-it-longer/

What a penile extender looks like:

(how the fck could you wear this for six hours a day?!)

Comment

suggestions for things to do with no money today?
              Get down to the Burlo, pretend you Gattuso, get some rich kid to buy you in. Tell him you forgot you cash card and that you will pay him back from the millions that are in your bank.

Then, leg it with the 3.5k and lol when the Sun newspaper prints the story of how Gennaro Gattuso shafted some Internet nerd out of a few quid.

Out of the 1k people in that room surely someone will fall for it.

Failing that, do live updates and scam a free lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                within a day of going public with the Outbreak zombie festival, I already have a few venues on board, a guy taking care of organising one metal concert, a volunteer from university studying tourism/event management who wants to help for experience, and an offer of a beer sponsorship deal. this is gonna be great craic!

www.facebook.com/outbreakfestival
                looks pretty awesome I have to say.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'm working today alright, but I'm off Monday happily.

I had this mental block about the pubs being closed tonight all week - the depressing reality of the situation finally just set in. Luckily this coincided with a text from the card room at home to say they're having a fifty euro freeze out (BYOB) so happy days.

Haven't played a live tournament in forever, looking forward to lagging the shit out of it

Comment

I'm in work too - gonna live vicariously through IPBers' exploits in the IO whenever the bloggage commences though!

Comment

in today. not monday, no choice in the matter I'd work it if I could.
                      As it stands Monday is Thor day
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        looks pretty awesome I have to say.
                        IPB meetup in Limerick to coincide with Zombie Day imo.

Comment

Sup folks get here a little while ago Liz swung by to collect me interesting drive to the hotel she is insane as if you's didnt know

Place looks well PP look to have put together a good event so far.

Myself/Ailbe/Rob/Adam/Darragh/Liz/Tom Kitt here so far, no sign of Dom or Kev yet should be here soon.

Room is pretty sweet
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

On my way to the burlo.
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                              Get down to the Burlo, pretend you Gattuso, get some rich kid to buy you in. Tell him you forgot you cash card and that you will pay him back from the millions that are in your bank.

Then, leg it with the 3.5k and lol when the Sun newspaper prints the story of how Gennaro Gattuso shafted some Internet nerd out of a few quid.

Out of the 1k people in that room surely someone will fall for it.

Failing that, do live updates and scam a free lunch
                              On my way to the burlo.
                              Bring a video camera

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                I'm working today alright, but I'm off Monday happily.

I had this mental block about the pubs being closed tonight all week - the depressing reality of the situation finally just set in. Luckily this coincided with a text from the card room at home to say they're having a fifty euro freeze out (BYOB) so happy days.

Haven't played a live tournament in forever, looking forward to lagging the shit out of it
                                haha I got that text as well..should really opt out of those fucking things!
                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                  haha I got that text as well..should really opt out of those fucking things!
                                  Give a spin down sure, it's only what four hours?

I assume the structure is still terribad? Any idea how many runners it'll get?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                    I'm in work too - gonna live vicariously through IPBers' exploits in the IO whenever the bloggage commences though!
                                    Get back to work

Comment

IPB meetup in Limerick to coincide with Zombie Day imo.
                                      i'm ready for the zombie apocalypse, a day in limerick, I'm not so sure

Comment

Good Friday my arse. I'm glad they crucified that guy, cause if there's one thing the last 20 minutes of poker proves is that there's no God!

Comment

Point taken

In better news about my Limerick-induced depression I hit upon the idea of moving to Galway for the Summer this morning and doing the commute.

It's only an hour down the road with motorway most of the trip and I've got a lot more friends up there. Possibly not interesting to anybody else, but the thought has me in my best mood in a while today

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            Anyone else not like the position of the Irish Open banner?
                                            Ciaran Corbrett hates it

Comment

Io BBV updates: 595 runners no Milan fans
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                I love McCarthy but I hate that book, I think its a bit of a fraud tbh, he's presenting what is really a SF World but pretending that he's in a plausible post apoclypse world. If you strip out the SF elements there is feck all left, hardly a short story worth.
                                                Was just speeding through bbv. Had never heard of the book/author but assumed for a sec it must be some northern ireland thing and you were ragging on the shinners again
                                                Might get it and break my long reading hiatus. Ah book club, why did you have to fail. I could have read so much good stuff by now.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                  Not a lot you can do in 5 days but obv don't do anything reckless like drinking loads of pints, eating shit food, etc. My advice would be to just run the race at your own pace, don't try for any time yet, just try to finish it. Then when you get your time you can call it your pb and try to beat that next time. During the race don't take off at a mad speed (lots will be doing this), just take it nice and easy and get into your stride. Also break the race down. Like say to yourself "ok I am going to do the first 5k nice and easy and if I feel good, i might pick it up for the next 3 and then see how I feel". Gl anyway.
                                                  thx careca. Ran it last sunday and did pretty much exactly as you said. Just made sure I finished it and got there in 54mins - which is now my pb Did the first 5k in 28 mins and the second in 26 so fairly sure I could have gone a little faster than 54 overall. 8k was about the max I had ran in the lead up to it so was happy enough with the outcome. thx again for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                    Was just speeding through bbv. Had never heard of the book/author but assumed for a sec it must be some northern ireland thing and you were ragging on the shinners again
                                                    Might get it and break my long reading hiatus. Ah book club, why did you have to fail. I could have read so much good stuff by now.
                                                    I read the Diceman a few months ago after being linked to the Bookclub thread, my god what a piece of shit it was!

Comment

looking to buy a desktop can anyone recommend me one ? need it only for poker so it must be able to run:

tableninja
                                                      holdem manager
                                                      20+tables on stars
                                                      itunes
                                                      skype/aim

all comfortably and have a good graphics card etc. max spend €1k

thanks

Comment

Give a spin down sure, it's only what four hours?

I assume the structure is still terribad? Any idea how many runners it'll get?
                                                        Aye I'd just about make it..spot me €1.80 for the toll?

Considering I've decided not to hit the CPT game which is about an hour away out of laziness I don't think I'' be making that trip!

I've never played their monthly game but all the other games are terribad all right. Especially when you're hitting the bigger blinds..the 5000/10000 jumping to 10000/20000 is a personal favourite!
                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I read the Diceman a few months ago after being linked to the Bookclub thread, my god what a piece of shit it was!
                                                          ya it wasn't great. I read that and fooled by randomness from the book club. Enjoyed FBR more. tbh I didnt hate diceman as much as most - but i remember someone calling to the house and asking for a loan of it. I kind of warned him off it but he took it anyway. Met him about a month later and he said he quit after 50 pages or something and called me a weirdo for reading strange books. I was about to say it was for a book club but thought it wouldn't help alleviate the weirdo tag - so I just changed the subject to soccer or something non-weird

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                            Ciaran Corbrett hates it
                                                            I don't know who Ciaran Corbrett is but if he's anything like Ciaran Corbett...

Haters gonna hate.
                                                            Last edited by Lisa; 22-04-11, 13:55. Reason: It is pretty ugly there though

Comment

I need a new laptop, any recommendations? Last one I had was dell which was pretty good so will go again. Will need a decent screen for poker, 17.3" screen seems biggest, which would be good enough for 9 tabling? I thought my last one was 19" but it could have been 17". Dell website doesn't seem to have ones bigger then 17.3". 'last time I got a laptop I could customise nearly all of it but now it's only really software I have a choice on so I am even more lost now. So basically need a good laptop with a large screen for poker and the odd game or two maybe. Don't want something to complex though, most games I play are older ones anyway but if the extra price is worth it I suppose I won't mind.

lol so cliffs; Looking for laptop for 9 tabling and running HEM etc and I'll go from there.
                                                              Last edited by Teddie; 22-04-11, 14:01.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                    I need a new laptop, any recommendations? Last one I had was dell which was pretty good so will go again. Will need a decent screen for poker, 17.3" screen seems biggest, which would be good enough for 9 tabling? I thought my last one was 19" but it could have been 17". Dell website doesn't seem to have ones bigger then 17.3". 'last time I got a laptop I could customise nearly all of it but now it's only really software I have a choice on so I am even more lost now. So basically need a good laptop with a large screen for poker and the odd game or two maybe. Don't want something to complex though, most games I play are older ones anyway but if the extra price is worth it I suppose I won't mind.

lol so cliffs; Looking for laptop for 9 tabling and running HEM etc and I'll go from there.
                                                                    What way do you multitable for poker? If you will be at a desk better off buying a 15 or 13inch laptop and a 26inch monitor imo.
                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                      Diceman was excellent - one of my top 20 books.
                                                                      Well it certainly seems to divide opinion as a lot of people seem to really love it or hate it - although i can honestly say I didn't fall into either category. (while reading it that is - I will always hate it for killing the book club - well, along with all the people who had no interest in a book club but seemed hell bent on ensuring that one shouldn't exist anyway).

Comment

Friends laptop is running vista ( ) and has hung while trying to install an update. it just says "installing update 1 of 22" on screen, and nothing has happened. she's forced it off and left it, but when she turns back on it still says same thing. anyone help?!!
                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

What way do you multitable for poker? If you will be at a desk better off buying a 15 or 13inch laptop and a 26inch monitor imo.

Usually 9 tables of Ipoker, want the 9 to fit on screen with out being too small or not much over lap. Don't really like sitting at a desk. Usually play in front of tv, in the kitchen, in bedroom etc so like the portable factor.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-I2IeODXEo[/ame]

Tune. Great band too.
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Usually 9 tables of Ipoker, want the 9 to fit on screen with out being too small or not much over lap. Don't really like sitting at a desk. Usually play in front of tv, in the kitchen, in bedroom etc so like the portable factor.
                                                                              Not familiar with ipoker but I would doubt 17' won't be enough for 9 tabling on one screen.
                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                Friends laptop is running vista ( ) and has hung while trying to install an update. it just says "installing update 1 of 22" on screen, and nothing has happened. she's forced it off and left it, but when she turns back on it still says same thing. anyone help?!!
                                                                                You need a bit of fiddling here. It's not that uncommon in vista.
                                                                                It is SP1 or 2?
                                                                                follow the steps here and you should be ok
                                                                                Describes how to use the clean boot process to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

SPOILER

this may be needed
                                                                                Start cmd.exe as administrator (right-click and select run as administrator)
                                                                                at the command prompt type
                                                                                net stop wuauclt
                                                                                net stop bits

You will see the services stop.
                                                                                delete the folder c:\windows\softwaredistribution (you can rename it if you
                                                                                want). Then start the services:

net start wuauclt
                                                                                net start bits
                                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 22-04-11, 14:54.

Comment

how can i do that though, since im not even getting to a start menu? its just the blue screen with the message i said, and the circling timer thingy
                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

start in safe mode?

Comment

Im in the market for one as well and i have my eye on this, sexy resolution will be good for multi tabling.
                                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

You need a bit of fiddling here. It's not that uncommon in vista.
                                                                                        It is SP1 or 2?
                                                                                        follow the steps here and you should be ok
                                                                                        Describes how to use the clean boot process to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

SPOILER

this may be needed
                                                                                        Start cmd.exe as administrator (right-click and select run as administrator)
                                                                                        at the command prompt type
                                                                                        net stop wuauclt
                                                                                        net stop bits

You will see the services stop.
                                                                                        delete the folder c:\windows\softwaredistribution (you can rename it if you
                                                                                        want). Then start the services:

net start wuauclt
                                                                                        net start bits

trying the spoiler advice, it won't let me rename folder, saying i dont have permission, even when tried as admin
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Anywhere in Dublin showing previews of Thor tomorrow or Monday?

Doesn't seem to be around until next weekend in Mullingar.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                            Anywhere in Dublin showing previews of Thor tomorrow or Monday?

Doesn't seem to be around until next weekend in Mullingar.
                                                                                            Cineworld on parnell st I think, not 100% now.

Comment

Not familiar with ipoker but I would doubt 17' won't be enough for 9 tabling on one screen.
                                                                                              Here's 12 tables on my 17' with very little overlap. I play up to 9 myself by making them a little bigger so it's plenty big enough even with HUD displayed

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                Here's 12 tables on my 17' with very little overlap. I play up to 9 myself by making them a little bigger so it's plenty big enough even with HUD displayed

Woah, I won't play more than 4 tables on my 19 inch monitor, want a bigger one.
                                                                                                Stats get crazy when smaller

Comment

any site that monitors the traffic for poker networks/skins? See how many are playing on each site etc

Comment

Tony you can't claim that's playable! Once you get your hud up there you won't have a clue wtf is going on.
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

if i dont turn off chat i don't know what is going on, let alone having tables that small!

Comment

Serious lol at the reports I've read of several large english Stag parties wandering the streets aimlessly in temple bar...
                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

quick question:
                                                                                                          new laptop here. going to use ninite to speed up all the installations.
                                                                                                          good security recommendations re anti spyware, malware, virus, firewall etc please

thanks

Comment

I use AVG, Spybot, and run Glary utilities every few days to keep my PC clutter free. I download alot, use torrents and surf loads and never really had virus problems in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafortezza View Post
                                                                                                              I use AVG, Spybot, and run Glary utilities every few days to keep my PC clutter free. I download alot, use torrents and surf loads and never really had virus problems in years.
                                                                                                              have avg on my old laptop, but I think I remember someone saying here its not as highly rated anymore

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                quick question:
                                                                                                                new laptop here. going to use ninite to speed up all the installations.
                                                                                                                good security recommendations re anti spyware, malware, virus, firewall etc please

thanks
                                                                                                                AVAST or Microsoft Security essentials (personally I found that AVG was seriously slowing the machine)

Malware Bytes

& Glary utilities as Laf said

keep the amount of programs in the system config start up to a minimum as well

Comment

I had to go down to Limerick a couple of weeks back for work

Care manager: So have you been down before?
                                                                                                                  Me: No, this is my first time
                                                                                                                  Care manager: Really? I guess you're not with the company that long it'll be sec..
                                                                                                                  Me: Sorry, my first time in Limerick I meant
                                                                                                                  Care manager: Oh....really? You're pulling my leg aren't you?
                                                                                                                  Me: Nope, my internal alarms go off if I go further west than the pale, non-stop headaches, nosebleeds, sick stomach etc.

I'll say this though, Hamptons does a reasonable steak. I think I'm back down for a couple of days in May and I'll be heading for Hamptons if I am.
                                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    Tony you can't claim that's playable! Once you get your hud up there you won't have a clue wtf is going on.
                                                                                                                    I said i play 9 but just showing 12 tables. If i'm playing 12, i had a lot of overlap but 9 with HUD is quite manageable on a 17' laptop

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                      any site that monitors the traffic for poker networks/skins? See how many are playing on each site etc
                                                                                                                      Pokersitescout.com tells real time players per network

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          I said i play 9 but just showing 12 tables. If i'm playing 12, i had a lot of overlap but 9 with HUD is quite manageable on a 17' laptop
                                                                                                                          Well you've obviously got better eyesight than me then! I just can't take it all in at once if they're too small, and I've played RTS and FPS games for years, where taking in the entire screen and noticing a change in a single pixel can mean life or death. (I died a lot)
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X