This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post
    who is getitquietly on boyles any body????
    just beat me heads up in the 100 turbo????
    Don't know but his SN suggest he goes about his business quite anonymously.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      Tony Evans in the Times supposedly is saying Liverpool just signed a 25m kit deal with "Warrior" to replace Adidas. Biggest kit deal in English football history, apparently.

Does anyone know who or wtf are 'Warrior' ?

Opr
      This I think

Although I was hoping for him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffXJodvm66E[/ame]

Comment

Does anyone know if player to player transfers are working on FTP and Stars?

Comment

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post
          who is getitquietly on boyles any body????
          just beat me heads up in the 100 turbo????
          The name's familiar. Definitely someone here.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
            The name's familiar. Definitely someone here.
            Andy Ward

Total life earnings: $337,190. Latest cash: $274 on 12-Jun-2018. Click here to see the details of Andy Ward's 25 cashes.

Comment

Tony Evans in the Times supposedly is saying Liverpool just signed a 25m kit deal with "Warrior" to replace Adidas. Biggest kit deal in English football history, apparently.

Does anyone know who or wtf are 'Warrior' ?

Opr
              All google searches throw up an american company that seem solely focused on Lacrosse and hockey gear.
              The american sports company makes sense but the timing doesn't, considering that adidas only launched our new away jersey a few days ago.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                I think its these guys - http://warriorteamuniforms.com/

Some money to be pulling in considering we now have no debt to service. 45m a year when you combine what we now get from Standard Chartered and Warrior!

Liverpool have secured the biggest kit deal in English football history, the £25 million-a-year contract with Boston-based Warrior Sports more than doubling the Anfield club’s present agreement with adidas.
                The Times understands that Warrior, a subsidiary of New Balance, will take over production of Liverpool kits in time for the 2012-13 season. Adidas, which launched a new away kit last week as part of its £12 million-a-year contract with the club, had the chance to match the offer but was not prepared to meet the American company’s price.
                The link between Liverpool and Warrior is believed to be a long-term relationship and outstrips the £23.3 million per year that Nike pays Manchester United, the previous British record.
                John W. Henry, the Liverpool owner, has insisted since taking over at Anfield in October that the club would only spend money that it generates. With Liverpool unlikely to qualify for the Champions League this season, some had questioned their ability to compete in the transfer market.
                However, the agreement with a brand better known in the lacrosse world would appear to have solved the short-term cashflow problems caused by failure to qualify for Europe’s premier club tournament.
                Sources inside Anfield have been increasingly bullish about their summer spending power and Kenny Dalglish is likely to have a considerable war chest when the transfer window opens.
                Although the Liverpool caretaker manager believes that the crop of youngsters emerging from the academy has the potential to continue making a positive impression on his squad, he maintains that investment is necessary during the close season if the club are to become competitive again.
                “It’s important that there is room for development for players, but it’s also important you don’t use it as an excuse not to spend money and not improve what you’ve already got,” Dalglish said.
                “Age does not determine their ability to play. So if we’re convinced we have young players who are maybe better than what’s available, then we’ll keep our younger players.
                “But that does not say we don’t want to improve as a football club. We do need to leave some path open if we do think there are players who can come in. If they develop then fine, if they don’t, we’ve got a problem. But if you buy a player in and he doesn’t produce, you’ve got a bigger problem.”
                According to PR Marketing, a German market research company, Liverpool are the fourth-biggest replica kit seller in football, behind United, Real Madrid and Barcelona. About 900,000 shirts are sold annually and, in the adidas stable, only Real sell more jerseys. Liverpool’s defection has come as a huge blow to the manufacturer.
                Fenway Sports Group (FSG), Liverpool’s owner, has in recent months become increasingly close to Jim Davis, the chairman of New Balance. This month New Balance, previously best known for its running shoes, announced a multiyear partnership with the Boston Red Sox, who share the same owner as Liverpool. Along with a kit deal, New Balance is thought to have paid in the region of $1 million (about £600,000) for a 70-foot illuminated logo inside Fenway Park, the home of the Red Sox.
                United’s groundbreaking 13-year deal with Nike expires in 2015 and the Old Trafford club will expect an even bigger cheque when the time comes to negotiate with kit manufacturers.
                Opr

Comment

I think its these guys - http://warriorteamuniforms.com/

Some money to be pulling in considering we now have no debt to service. 45m a year when you combine what we now get from Standard Chartered and Warrior!

Opr
                  Jesus, 25 mil a year is absolutely massive for a kit deal.

We're back!
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Just browsing YouTube and stumbled across some of these,

This guy always striked me as a nice bloke

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNu_0hIEW7E&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Vanessa Russo drives a Lambo nice

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro-AnwmVj4Y&feature=relmfu[/ame]
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

hope the players don't get golfers nipples wearing them

Comment

ok lads im off to bed, getting the roots done in the morning and then have to hit whitewater for a new top so i can make the grand entrance at 10pm............. on my own

Ah im sure there will be some ould eejit up at the bar that i can mingle with
                        SPOILER
                        ciaran corbett
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                          ok lads im off to bed, getting the roots done in the morning and then have to hit whitewater for a new top so i can make the grand entrance at 10pm............. on my own

Ah im sure there will be some ould eejit up at the bar that i can mingle with
                          SPOILER
                          ciaran corbett
                          Am I the only one too afraid to ask?
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                            Am I the only one too afraid to ask?
                            Bald as an egg...so the story goes....

edit: my filthy mid....no, she aint a natural...lol
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Just ate some chicken..going to hell obv....
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I just ate a Haagen Dazs Strawberry Cheesecake 500ml in one sitting, feeling a bit sick.
                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                  I just ate a Haagen Dazs Strawberry Cheesecake 500ml in one sitting, feeling a bit sick.

In my 3stone fat and overweight days this was childsplay. Thank your stars you feel sick. I preferred the Belgian Chocolate or the Cookies and Cream however.

Ugh to those days.
                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Ordering a Domino's meal for 3 for me just was something I had to kick. Wtf was a doing ordering from Domino's

Comment

Ha yeah i dont do it too often since i started going to the gym and losing weight either.

Prefer the other two you mentioned myself as well, gf recommend i try that, wasnt that impressed by the end of it, ugh.
                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                        Jesus, 25 mil a year is absolutely massive for a kit deal.

We're back!
                                        Moores and Parry are just looking worse as the months go by, the Carlsberg deal we had was criminal.

If you want to see dinosaurs look no further then Liverpool under those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                          Does £150m for 15 years seem like a shit deal to anyone else?
                                          Arsenal also not getting good deals for their shirts imo, Nike (£8m/pa), Emirates (£6m/pa). Compare these with other teams and they are pretty laughable. Also don't they not even get the full cut from their stores?

Liverpool - Adidas (£12m/pa) rising to £15m when the deal ends supposedly and Standard Charter (£20m/pa).

United - Nike (£25m/pa) and Aon (£20m/pa).

Chelsea - Adidas (was £10m/pa) and Samsung (was £11m/pa) but both have been renewed and the current values aren't known but I guess they've increased.

Spurs - Autonomy (£20m/pa), Investect (£5m/pa plus bonuses), Puma (£5m/pa). Spurs changing to Under Armour worth £10m/pa next season.
                                          The day I post the above, Liverpool supposedly sign a £25m p/a deal woop woop.

Comment

So Liverpool can afford to pay the likes of Cole and Poulsen now and buy and another avg player

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                              So Liverpool can afford to pay the likes of Cole and Poulsen now and buy and another avg player
                                              Getting rid Cole/Poulsen/Maxi/Jova < signing nobody imo.

Comment

Awoooooooooo

Comment

Aoh aoh aoooowoooo

Comment

Just read the Road by Cormac McCarthy. It's only short but it's still meaningful that I read it all in one night shift. What a fantastic piece of literature.

SPOILER
                                                    A part of me feels that the relatively happy ending was a bit of a cop out. But I think that the father's suspicion of everyone they encountered was often misplaced, and ultimately his son's loneliness, naivety, faith in the human spirit, all of the above, was his saving grace. A brilliant read all the same.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I hadn't seen this before.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdJTfGiRCI[/ame]

And the original if people hadn't seen the film:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpTj_Z9v-c[/ame]

Comment

Lol Undertaker, 19 years of no selling.
                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Just read the Road by Cormac McCarthy. It's only short but it's still meaningful that I read it all in one night shift. What a fantastic piece of literature.

SPOILER
                                                          A part of me feels that the relatively happy ending was a bit of a cop out. But I think that the father's suspicion of everyone they encountered was often misplaced, and ultimately his son's loneliness, naivety, faith in the human spirit, all of the above, was his saving grace. A brilliant read all the same.
                                                          great book.

Comment

Woke this morning to see a text from Phil Baker that he had shipped his ticket in the Super Sat last night, the man is a satellite king, fair play to him and best of luck
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

SPOILER
                                                              Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                              Lol Undertaker, 19 years of no selling.
                                                              I love McCarthy but I hate that book, I think its a bit of a fraud tbh, he's presenting what is really a SF World but pretending that he's in a plausible post apoclypse world. If you strip out the SF elements there is feck all left, hardly a short story worth.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

ZOD I need help

Dell 1520 inspiron and the screen just went dark, its running ok and I guess it would be ok if I plugged it into a monitor. This is the one that the back has been broken at the hinge for months. Any chance you'd have a screen for it or can we fit a new back light ... can that even be done?

Really don't want a new laptop right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  I love McCarthy but I hate that book, I think its a bit of a fraud tbh, he's presenting what is really a SF World but pretending that he's in a plausible post apoclypse world. If you strip out the SF elements there is feck all left, hardly a short story worth.
                                                                  I'm sure I've dealt with you before on this topic back in the old place.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Also, just so you all know, if I felt that gutting you horribly would allow me to have a pint I'd do it and feel good about it.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                      I'm sure I've dealt with you before on this topic back in the old place.
                                                                      I'm still right though
                                                                      I'm surprised how much it still tilts me.

Comment

ZOD I need help

Dell 1520 inspiron and the screen just went dark, its running ok and I guess it would be ok if I plugged it into a monitor. This is the one that the back has been broken at the hinge for months. Any chance you'd have a screen for it or can we fit a new back light ... can that even be done?

Nah, I wouldn't have a spare for that. If it's gone dark (but you can see outlines) the backlight is gone. will work if connected to an external monitor, as you say.

Comment

Ah yes:

Originally posted by strewelpeter
                                                                          If I was to judge by that trailer I'd be avoiding it. too much action too many people.
                                                                          Originally posted by LuckyLloyd
                                                                          Ding ding ding! And clutter would be a real shame, as the book does a really great job of creating a really bleak and desolate landscape, through which a sense of desperate isolation permeates.

You've probably nailed why the book will be >>> the film.
                                                                          Originally posted by strewelpeter
                                                                          I found it one of the most annoying books I have ever read, I read it in a sitting and was totally gripped, as always I love his writing. But I've decided that its a bit of a fraud really.
                                                                          He created a world that can only exist as science fiction (stranded on an alien lifeless planet) and pretends it is a real scenario of how society could be.
                                                                          If it is supposed to be some sort of a metaphor for the psychology of relationships in a hostile world why create a completely implausible apocalypse when there are plenty of realistic possibilities to choose from.
                                                                          If hes simply trying to create a metaphor for how we are all fighting over the remaining resources that the planet has as environmental catastrophe awaits just around the corner ...well then its crap IMO.
                                                                          If he associated the words Science Fiction with it then it would have been fine.
                                                                          I really think you've mentioned the most important fact early on there. The book is a true 'MUST GET TO THE END' page turner, that pulls you in to it's world and traps you until it's had all the fun there is to be gained from working your emotions over. It amounts to a wonderfully crafted piece of entertainment.

Why should it have to be more? To have real thematic depth and credibility? I don't disagree with the points you are making, but I do disagree with them mattering all that much. For sure, the greatest works are those that enthrall the casual reader while standing firm under the fiercest critical scrutiny. On the most simple level, I just got a lot of pleasure out of reading it (like you I read it straight through while on a lengthy bus journey). I'm not sure if I'd read it again, and I'm not sure that it is as comfortable in it's chosen allegorical skin as it believes itself to be. But so what?

Ya know what I mean?
                                                                          Well, I was wrong. "The Road" is brilliant, is very true to the book and captures a number of its stronger elements with aplomb. The film will not be to everyone's tastes, but if you're looking for something to strongly engage with I would highly recommend it.

Comment

the idea of a large volcanic eruption or a nuclear dawn destroying the atmosphere that prevents crop growth is plausable.
                                                                            Last edited by Zod; 22-04-11, 09:21.

Comment

ZOD I need help

Backlight poss blown or the inverter (supplying power to the backlight) has failed. Less likely is that the video cable has become faulty and isn't supplying power to the inverter.

Easiest way to start testing is to plug a another working screen/backlight into the inverter and see if you get any light. If you get nothing then swap out the inverter as it's most likely the problem then.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                Ah yes:
                                                                                OK I'll take your word for it and watch the movie soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                  Lol. Had to deliver something to the gym the Leinster Rugby lads use today. Somehow managed to stumble into a changing room with a couple of semi-naked lads. Wow, hadn't seen bodies like that since ever! Didn't know where to look Thankfully, was wearing enough gear to hide my own semi. 1980's porn scenario didn't play out
                                                                                  are you gay
                                                                                  or
                                                                                  have you got other bits and bobs

ahhh scrap it
                                                                                  i read another page or two and found out
                                                                                  Last edited by Angry-Ball; 22-04-11, 09:38. Reason: i was enlightened

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                    Backlight poss blown or the inverter (supplying power to the backlight) has failed. Less likely is that the video cable has become faulty and isn't supplying power to the inverter.

Easiest way to start testing is to plug a another working screen/backlight into the inverter and see if you get any light. If you get nothing then swap out the inverter as it's most likely the problem then.
                                                                                    It could be the cable because the whole screen has been attached on one side by the cable for more than 6 months.

Don't know if its worth spending a lot on and I'm not taking a screwdriver to it if I can avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                      the idea of a large volcanic eruption or a nuclear dawn destroying the atmosphere that prevents crop growth is plausable.
                                                                                      A world in which there is absolutely no life other than human life is not.

Comment

I walked up to a girl in a club the other night and said "I have a shoe size of 14..."
                                                                                        She looks at me clearly unimpressed and says "Let me guess, do I know what they say about guys with big feet?"

"No. I'm just telling you there is no point in running."

Comment

Just in case any ww players missed the sign up thread

Comment

Anyone else not like the position of the Irish Open banner? Would much prefer something to click up the top as it just doesn't look right (sorry guys)

Comment

A world in which there is absolutely no life other than human life is not.
                                                                                              a world with no other life other than human life is unsustainable

ohh yeah
                                                                                              i watched that film the road a few weeks back
                                                                                              it was stupid and pointless

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

It could be the cable because the whole screen has been attached on one side by the cable for more than 6 months.

Don't know if its worth spending a lot on and I'm not taking a screwdriver to it if I can avoid it.
                                                                                                Backlight/inverter replacement plus system cleanup/reinstall is about €100 give or take, depending on parts cost and availability. Add on the cost of hinge(s) to that and see if it is worth it. Are the plastics around the hinge itself gimped too? Only cosmetic damage really but they are usually pricier than the other parts unless you can get them 2nd hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  A girl invited over to a thing in her friends house, I tell her I'm going to an event in college so can't go. Later she texts saying they're thinking of crashing it, I say I've an extra ticket and can source more for the friend and her boyfriend.

So she asks for the details, tell her it started at nine and I'm heading down now (9:30 at that point). She never replies so I figure that's that. The girls in the class at the event want to go out so we all leave at about midnight just when we jump in the taxi the original girl texts to say they're outside. She gets in ok but starts telling me that leaving was the height of ignorance and was a shitty thing to do since they were relying on me etc etc. I maintain at that stage I wasn't expecting them.

What's my level of culpability here bbv?
                                                                                                  Was in the bar with her the other day and one of her friends was meant to be meeting her there. A while later she turns to me and says "haven't heard from her in an hour and a half I guess she's not coming"

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Great book no matter what SP says Film was pretty meh tho

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      Was in the bar with her the other day and one of her friends was meant to be meeting her there. A while later she turns to me and says "haven't heard from her in an hour and a half I guess she's not coming"

Did you resist?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        Did you resist?
                                                                                                        I suppose it all depends where she is on the scale

Comment

Good luck to all IPBers playing in the IO over the weekend. I'm sensing a winner from here- you heard it here first.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                            true but i always enjoy it none the less, not a huge Nic Cage fan but dont want to kill him in this.
                                                                                                            Nic Cage is a fucking bona fide movie hero.
                                                                                                            I'm constantly amazed by the lack of love that man gets
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Anyone else not like the position of the Irish Open banner? Would much prefer something to click up the top as it just doesn't look right (sorry guys)
                                                                                                              I've got it there now, but it is at the top of every page. Might not leave it there though. I'll see if I can figure out a way to just have it there on the homepage, if not I might well change it back.

edit: got it
                                                                                                              Last edited by 6starpool; 22-04-11, 10:59.

Comment

within a day of going public with the Outbreak zombie festival, I already have a few venues on board, a guy taking care of organising one metal concert, a volunteer from university studying tourism/event management who wants to help for experience, and an offer of a beer sponsorship deal. this is gonna be great craic!

www.facebook.com/outbreakfestival
                                                                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                  within a day of going public with the Outbreak zombie festival, I already have a few venues on board, a guy taking care of organising one metal concert, a volunteer from university studying tourism/event management who wants to help for experience, and an offer of a beer sponsorship deal. this is gonna be great craic!

www.facebook.com/outbreakfestival
                                                                                                                  dundons supplying the weapons?

Comment

...
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

suggestions for things to do with no money today?

Comment

Guess I'm the only sucker in work, working on Monday as well. Dedication.
                                                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

FFS. Arrive home with wire-brush, paint brush and Hammerite, the plan being to paint the garden gate. Cue the first rain in ages FML
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X